Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (589548 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by PlayPays: 11:06pm On Aug 02, 2013
bullstriker: @all
First and foremost,I would like to commend oga Siga and co for the much attention given to Keyano palaver.I visited the embassy today,and answered the qustions of my life.
I was given a form to fill and state my reasons for coming.After some minutes,I was told to come inside.The coming"inside"turns out to be an interview.
She asked me about my high school,the gap in my education,and she said how would she know if I am a bonafide student.Then,she began to ask me questions in anatomy and physiology(I am going for nursing).like the functions of the heart,liver and ecosystem.As God may have it,I still retain the memories of those.after the series of questions,she said I will hear from them soon.
Nothing was talk about keyano and tuition payments.
This weekened is going to be a long one for me.
Note:I applied to Keyano College.I hv done my medical for over 6wks now,and was told to pay for tuition and board fees which the school decline to collect,as it is against their policy to do that before obtainig study permit.I went there to know their stand after I was caught between the two power houses(keyano and cdhc)

First of all, thanks for sharing this.
Secondly, congratulations belive me you've made it!
You were in the right place at the right time.
Somethings were not clear to me; What degree in Nursing u going for?
And how did u handle the situation of keyano policy when embassy asked for tuition??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 11:15pm On Aug 02, 2013
PlayPays:

And how did u handle the situation of keyano policy when embassy asked for tuition??
.... They never asked about the tuition issue... cos they knew Keyano aint dancing to their tune.... now... if he hadnt gone there today.... his enemies would have been happy.... this is why i push for people who havent heard from CDHC a long time to go to the gate.... and with the info @Bullstriker provided... u can see that explains vividly... BONA FIDE Student.... ensure u knw alot about ur program before u approach the gate ooo...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by joeblack62: 11:34pm On Aug 02, 2013
@oga siga...I'm nt owing d agent any moni oo,Thanx anyway...I'd definitely do something about it...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bullstriker: 11:36pm On Aug 02, 2013
Tankss Oga Siga,@playpays,I am going for BSc in Nursing,the school refused to accept the tution fees and cdhc refused to bend their rules.Hence,the need for me to visit cdhc
PlayPays:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Karioska(m): 11:49pm On Aug 02, 2013
Shadams: #Canada PhD: my thoughts!

Meanwhile for many silent observers and fact seekers, this may be useful. I thought I could help some folks with info on how to get a supervisor for doctorate, based on my own experience, which, by the way, is not peculiar.

Let me start on the note that, like many of you, I am a Christian who believes in God's will. He actually inspired my every step, and you will need him all the way, till u get to Canada.

Having said that, I ought to let u know that PhDs in Canada are fully funded for the first four years, and it is usually between 4-6yrs. With this in mind, you could appreciate what lies ahead of you in terms of the need for persistence, tact and strategy.

Identify which Canadian schools u want. I would counsel you to look to areas that are not very populated. Those are the kinds of places where u get admission easily. Saskatoon (with two major public universities- UofRegina and UofSask) is an example. Focussing on top schools like McGill or Toronto is fine too if your results and other documents can withstand the competition. I applied to the Univ of Calgary but was not recommended for admission. I guess I could not convince them my UG and masters degree were directly relevant to the course I had applied for. Watch that too.

Then u would need to read the profile of your intended department, and do a mail to the graduate chair. This email is an enquiry: you want to describe your past and present research, having introduced yourself, then u go on to ask about the possibility of some faculty supervising you. This mail is an intro. It should sell your research brand, ask questions, and it should be short. Try to copy the graduate admin too, or some other person. U could, in addition, do a mail to a faculty whose research areas are similar to yours. One or all of them should reply.

Please have your documents intact, and keep an eye on deadlines. Most, if not all September (Fall) resumptions close around January 7-15 and they are the ones that assure on funding, usually about CAD17-20k. January resumptions might not be fund-guaranteed!

If you do your home work well, you may not even need an agent. I say this with utmost regard for the work of many honest agents out there. Just understand the psyche of our friends abroad and their insistence on merit and excellence.

Don't forget that different folks have diverse experiences, and many would advise from the prism of their own realities. All I have outlined, therefore, are not absolutes, but I believe u could find some of them useful.

I hope you do, (wo)man! All the best.
@ Shadams this is a wonder write, will use it as a mantra for my search for PhD in canada. Please can u email me a copy of the letter to proffessors my email is karioska at yahoo.com. Thanks and appreciates.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ceceline: 12:08am On Aug 03, 2013
Good day my great people, all d oga's @ d top I hail o

PLS @ BUMDISH I seriously need ur email address o, am coming to canny dis month on student visa wiv my 3 kids, so I will really need a lot of informations o, about their elementary school system, and day care system, and pls any one in the house wiv any info pls help ur sister o, one love.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 12:31am On Aug 03, 2013
ceceline: Good day my great people, all d oga's @ d top I hail o

PLS @ BUMDISH I seriously need ur email address o, am coming to canny dis month on student visa wiv my 3 kids, so I will really need a lot of informations o, about their elementary school system, and day care system, and pls any one in the house wiv any info pls help ur sister o, one love.
...where u dey go

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iamsaheed(m): 3:13am On Aug 03, 2013
PlayPays:

I will find you and shake you plus hug #nohomo. You conquered the stubborn cdch and the careless policy school. If person ride horse inside me he won't touch ground cheesy happy 4u man. Pray for a fellow a Keyano bro, still hoping for the very best!

Thanks bro, yours is on the way... Are you on any social network or app so we can chat?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iamsaheed(m): 3:22am On Aug 03, 2013
Siga: .... lets wait for @Bullstriker to update us.... u may be surprised what happened...

Tuition was not paid bro, but a draft was raised in my schools name which i didn't get to show cdhc... My trv even came before my uncle raised the draft.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 3:40am On Aug 03, 2013
i_am_saheed:

Tuition was not paid bro, but a draft was raised in my schools name which i didn't get to show cdhc... My trv even came before my uncle raised the draft.
....exactly wat I am tryin to point out Onye man....cos I already knew u guys didn't pay the tuition afterall....I gat my sources bro....lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bumdish: 4:55am On Aug 03, 2013
ceceline: Good day my great people, all d oga's @ d top I hail o
Siga: ...where u dey go
I would rather recommend Don siga (noshaking2012 at gmail) on this one. You could also contact me at (verygreatmove at gmail), I would be very glad to help.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 5:15am On Aug 03, 2013
i_am_saheed:

Good to know...Keyano College won...congrats bro...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 5:17am On Aug 03, 2013
Siga: ....exactly wat I am tryin to point out Onye man....cos I already knew u guys didn't pay the tuition afterall....I gat my sources bro....lol

Those heading to Keyano college can now sleep well...thank God for the positive outcome grin grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 03, 2013
bullstriker: @all
First and foremost,I would like to commend oga Siga and co for the much attention given to Keyano palaver.I visited the embassy today,and answered the qustions of my life.
I was given a form to fill and state my reasons for coming.After some minutes,I was told to come inside.The coming"inside"turns out to be an interview.
She asked me about my high school,the gap in my education,and she said how would she know if I am a bonafide student.Then,she began to ask me questions in anatomy and physiology(I am going for nursing).like the functions of the heart,liver and ecosystem.As God may have it,I still retain the memories of those.after the series of questions,she said I will hear from them soon.
Nothing was talk about keyano and tuition payments.
This weekened is going to be a long one for me.
Note:I applied to Keyano College.I hv done my medical for over 6wks now,and was told to pay for tuition and board fees which the school decline to collect,as it is against their policy to do that before obtainig study permit.I went there to know their stand after I was caught between the two power houses(keyano and cdhc)

This weekend will make brain.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by freshdude: 8:57am On Aug 03, 2013
earthgreeners: @freshdude, please kindly contact me on earthgreeners@gmail.com
Sent u a mail.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Eumaca: 9:59am On Aug 03, 2013
Pls what program does someone with HND (upper credit ) need to do before going for his MSc in Canada? Is it possible to gain admission for masters with HND?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iamsaheed(m): 10:18am On Aug 03, 2013
Siga: ....exactly wat I am tryin to point out Onye man....cos I already knew u guys didn't pay the tuition afterall....I gat my sources bro....lol
lol yea bro you got your sources... Thanks a lot "n" ild be willing to help with info to my side anytime... Let the network grow larger...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iamsaheed(m): 10:19am On Aug 03, 2013
Onye oma:

Good to know...Keyano College won...congrats bro...

Yea bro thanks all the way...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iamsaheed(m): 10:22am On Aug 03, 2013
Good news to all... Am pleased to announce that this Gods own created tread now has a link inside Alberta "n" Keyano College which is *I_AM_SAHEED*... So for any info etc, please feel free to contact me, ild be more glad to help my brothers "n" sisters up......

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 10:30am On Aug 03, 2013
GOD BLESS NAIRALAND, GOD BLESS THIS THREAD!!!!!!

May we all be success stories in the end.......

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by azeezwl: 12:21pm On Aug 03, 2013
Nuendo: GOD BLESS NAIRALAND, GOD BLESS THIS THREAD!!!!!!

amen!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iamsaheed(m): 12:22pm On Aug 03, 2013
Nuendo: GOD BLESS NAIRALAND, GOD BLESS THIS THREAD!!!!!!

Ameen
Amen
Amin
Amem
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dosunmumatilda: 1:14pm On Aug 03, 2013
Good day all,I just got my Trv yesterday I just thank God cos it took less than a week for my visa to be ready after submitting my passport back,I am wondering how soon I can apply for my two kids to join me anyone with info pls,@ cecellen did you apply with ur kids or u did it seperately pls I would like to have ur email address.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 1:56pm On Aug 03, 2013
6 (TRV+Medical calls) this week aint a bad one ßuђ CDHC can still do more...
June + the rest of may applicants pls get ready for ur medical call dis coming week...God'll see us all thru...

DR EARTHGREENERS(ONE OF OUR VETERANS)...I SEE YOU WARMING UP...grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Shadams(m): 2:00pm On Aug 03, 2013
Karioska: @ Shadams this is a wonder write, will use it as a mantra for my search for PhD in canada. Please can u email me a copy of the letter to proffessors my email is karioska at yahoo.com. Thanks and appreciates.

Thanks. Glad you find it useful. Kindly check your mail, boss! Best of luck.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by galala123(m): 2:12pm On Aug 03, 2013
LIST OF MEDICAL HOPEFULS (Fall 2013)

1) rexxy09 : April 29
2) nas-jay: May 2
3) dommakavelli: May 2
4) luckydon: May 2
5) Gymme: May 3
6) bumfem: May 6
7) Shadams: may 6
8 ) onuawuchi: May 7
9) librasat: May 7
10) galala123: May 7
11) kjbobo: May 7
12) azeezwl: May 8
13) Pwunmi: May 10
14) vooz : May 23
15) tebenezer80: May 28
16) freshdude: May 30
17) adewaleafolabi: May 30
19) ancient1: June 4
20) earthgreeners: June 11
21) efosa12345: June 13
22) donteejay: June 20
22) Akanmu2013: June 28
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ceomrcash: 2:47pm On Aug 03, 2013
dosunmu matilda: Good day all,I just got my Trv yesterday I just thank God cos it took less than a week for my visa to be ready after submitting my passport back,I am wondering how soon I can apply for my two kids to join me anyone with info pls,@ cecellen did you apply with ur kids or u did it seperately pls I would like to have ur email address.

Congrats! Wen did u do medicals?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by galala123(m): 3:08pm On Aug 03, 2013
dosunmu matilda: Good day all,I just got my Trv yesterday I just thank God cos it took less than a week for my visa to be ready after submitting my passport back,I am wondering how soon I can apply for my two kids to join me anyone with info pls,@ cecellen did you apply with ur kids or u did it seperately pls I would like to have ur email address.

Congrats. I remember your first horrible experience where they kept you waiting forever only to return your docs barely touched. It is good you had the courage to try again as one could have been pissed off. When the time is ripe, things click without much effort.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 5:21pm On Aug 03, 2013
Good evening guys...
I just got a call from a friend who happens to be an agent..that CDHC is working on sat now cos of backlogs....that she recieved medical calls about six today already....So please lets check our inbox for any eventuality!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by saintmentor: 5:23pm On Aug 03, 2013
Eumaca: Pls what program does someone with HND (upper credit ) need to do before going for his MSc in Canada? Is it possible to gain admission for masters with HND?

one year Post graduate Diploma will do..........if ure new in this forum i will enjoin u to scan through previous pages so that u can again alot and see useful answers to some of the questions bordering u.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dosunmumatilda: 5:59pm On Aug 03, 2013
@Mr cash I did my medicals on d 9th of July and I submitted my passport on d 25th of July and received a visa approval letter on the 31st of July,@ galala thks oh Gods time is the best when it is d righttime things will surely fall in place.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by PlayPays: 7:53pm On Aug 03, 2013
bullstriker: Tankss Oga Siga,@playpays,I am going for BSc in Nursing,the school refused to accept the tution fees and cdhc refused to bend their rules.Hence,the need for me to visit cdhc

Great!
Pls can I have ur contact

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.