Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,173 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (319) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (589435 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by viyogun(m): 3:46pm On Sep 02, 2013
How long does it take to get a TRV and how much does it cost in total.... Pls anyone answer me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by misturchris(m): 4:48pm On Sep 02, 2013
hello nairalanders, i just checked MUN website and the online application forms are out for 2014/2015 fall session.please i need a few tips on the statement of interest section.especially where you have sub-specialty and organisation memberships.Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by efewhoa: 4:49pm On Sep 02, 2013
Siga: ....U wont be getting off the plane at Montreal...so, it will be when u get off the plane at Toronto... Besides... why worry urself... why care about when u go get Study permit... whichever place...u go get am...so, worry about something else....not this one...
Thank you sir. I'll worry no more grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 5:39pm On Sep 02, 2013
viyogun: How long does it take to get a TRV and how much does it cost in total.... Pls anyone answer me
...it takes 4-6months to get trv....if u'r talking about visa fee its 19500...u cant place a certain cost in getting a trv as dia are many factors to be considered b4 issuace of visa e.g good statement of account,good home tie,applying for the right course e.t.c....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 5:44pm On Sep 02, 2013
mistur_chris: hello nairalanders, i just checked MUN website and the online application forms are out for 2014/2015 fall session.please i need a few tips on the statement of interest section.especially where you have sub-specialty and organisation memberships.Thanks
for statement of intent or purpose format...check dis links www.nairaland.com/1229480/travelling-canada-part-4/62 www.nairaland.com/962116/travelling-canada-part-3/338 ....hope dis helps
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 5:52pm On Sep 02, 2013
Stunning I am: I am new to this thread and I am hoping to travel to Canada as soon as I can get all necessary information. I have read so much on the Canadian embassy site and i would like to hear from an experienced person about the Federal Skilled Worker Scheme because it seems to be better than other means of visa application. Thanks
for federal skill working scheme check dis link www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp please note that this takes a very long time(2-4yrs) before ur visa is finally issued...if u have a tank loads of chill pill then u can go for it but if not then the student visa route seem pretty fair......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by smile13: 6:04pm On Sep 02, 2013
Police clearance at Alagbon in Lagos should be about 3k & 5k max and the medical examination at The Consultants' Practice @ Ikoyi as at July was 28k.
sparta_300: Hello house, I'm glad to see the number of pple using online route increase. I too am using it.
I believe it should be a quicker approach espcially for Jan intake. Just make u settle down n read the instructions before submitting.
U can get more info from here.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5269ETOC.asp
Also for those that have done their medicals and police clearance, pls what is the cost range for them irrespectively?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 6:21pm On Sep 02, 2013
Yeh hello. Pwunni. Nothing is happening in school. Everything is quiet. Classes start tomorrow. Registration is open till the 16th.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ceomrcash: 6:40pm On Sep 02, 2013
efewhoa: Hello house. I'm leaving for toronto tonight. My flight will stop at france then montreal b4 getting to toronto.I would like to know at what point will my study permit be issued at montreal or when I get to toronto?

Almost the same route with the one I booked. From lagos to paris, paris to montreal, finally montreal to St john's airport.
Please ma ogas @ wad point will my study permit be issued? Cos at montreal will be transfered to anoda airline. Nid ur urgent respoonse
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by misturchris(m): 6:53pm On Sep 02, 2013
Thanks ChriGo would do that now.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by greatheights: 7:05pm On Sep 02, 2013
My ogas in the house, hehehe, af come again o, any1 with detaild xprience abt the online application, ths online dy fear mi o. The documents am meant to upload are jes:
1) IMM1294
2) IMM5645
3) Proof of means of financial support
4) Passport or Travel Document
5) Digital photo
6) Letter of Acceptance
7) Evidence of wrk requiremnt in study (my course hz coop)
*cool** Letter of explanation
9) Schedule 1
Dats all
All the study questionnaire + *SOP + NYSC cert + WaEc etc are not included o
Am particular abt the SOP tho'....
Pls is that hw the online tins go
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by missbon(f): 7:29pm On Sep 02, 2013
hello house, i got admitted to fanshawe for JAN2014 and i wont be finishing nysc till next year june, abeg does anyone know how what i can do about this nysc issue

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Kunsoft(m): 7:35pm On Sep 02, 2013
miss bon: hello house, i got admitted to fanshawe for JAN2014 and i wont be finishing nysc till next year june, abeg does anyone know how what i can do about this nysc issue

U wait till next year.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by greatheights: 7:36pm On Sep 02, 2013
@sparta_300 nid sm infos abeg o.

greatheights: My ogas in the house, hehehe, af come again o, any1 with detaild xprience abt the online application, ths online dy fear mi o. The documents am meant to upload are jes:
1) IMM1294
2) IMM5645
3) Proof of means of financial support
4) Passport or Travel Document
5) Digital photo
6) Letter of Acceptance
7) Evidence of wrk requiremnt in study (my course hz coop)
*cool** Letter of explanation
9) Schedule 1
Dats all
All the study questionnaire + *SOP + NYSC cert + WaEc etc are not included o
Am particular abt the SOP tho'....
Pls is that hw the online tins go
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 7:47pm On Sep 02, 2013
miss bon: hello house, i got admitted to fanshawe for JAN2014 and i wont be finishing nysc till next year june, abeg does anyone know how what i can do about this nysc issue
...Fall(sept) 2014 tins...dats d only option...if ur sch grades are good enuff to get university admission then why not start d admission process now?...u can submit ur visa app next year april/may 2014 via online route or paper route if u love it.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Chatters(f): 7:51pm On Sep 02, 2013

Why the rush? Wait till you finish your service. You will need to furnish cdhc your with your nysc discharge certificate.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by missbon(f): 7:54pm On Sep 02, 2013
thank you all for the advice but i got the admission based on a scholarship from my school, so if i wait till i finish nysc then that means have lost the opportunity
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 7:57pm On Sep 02, 2013
Chatters:

Why the rush? Wait till you finish your service. You will need to furnish cdhc your with your nysc discharge certificate.
Actually she can apply as a serving corper in leu of that sept start date...tonnes of peeps don do am 4 dis thread and dem chop visa live and direct....so she's still gud to go grin....

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 8:02pm On Sep 02, 2013
miss bon: thank you all for the advice but i got the admission based on a scholarship from my school, so if i wait till i finish nysc then that means have lost the opportunity
Is the scholarship transferable grin....i no mind oo...pls can u explain how on earth did u get a scholarship from fanshawe college?....fanshawe college!! Please am waitin....tanx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by missbon(f): 8:08pm On Sep 02, 2013
the scholarship money is like an award to some students, i did my bsc in electrical and electronics engeering in turkey. i guess it was fanshawe college my scholarship money could pay for, sha na the school dey foot the bills of my fanshawe tuition fee
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by shayi12: 8:14pm On Sep 02, 2013
Hi everyone,pls can I get d direction on how to reach CHDC from Obalende?I am going via public transit. Your replies wud be appreciated..thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 8:19pm On Sep 02, 2013
miss bon: the scholarship money is like an award to some students, i did my bsc in electrical and electronics engeering in turkey. i guess it was fanshawe college my scholarship money could pay for, sha na the school dey foot the bills of my fanshawe tuition fee
I for fear...i tink say na fanshawe college gangan give u scholarship ni...u almost wana make me withdraw my admission for Lambton college ni sha...tank God u cleared the air......i would advice u look for sch dat offers sept 2014 start date and then use ur scholarship thin for it....hope dat ya scholarship no get expiry sha?...if yes please i dey beg grin....transfer dat scholarship to Chrigo na....i await ur reply......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by missbon(f): 8:23pm On Sep 02, 2013
@chrigo, lol, they have given me two weeks to confirm oo or else, the scholarship don go be dat lipsrsealed
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by xtus(m): 8:36pm On Sep 02, 2013
miss bon: @chrigo, lol, they have given me two weeks to confirm oo or else, the scholarship don go be dat lipsrsealed

I will advice u go ahead with ur visa application and let it be stated on your statement of purpose that u will return to Nigeria and u can also get a letter from ur where u serving too. Ur NYSC can serve u as a strong home tie

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by movein: 8:46pm On Sep 02, 2013
Is it advisable for one to go pick up his passport at VFS after been instructed to go for Medicals by CDHC? It's 6 days now and it says "Visa application, tracking ID No.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX is being processed at the Canada Visa Office" on VFS website!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by greatheights: 8:47pm On Sep 02, 2013
@chrigo chk my post abeg, how far?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by missbon(f): 8:52pm On Sep 02, 2013
okay, thanks alot for the advice dear
xtus:

I will advice u go ahead with ur visa application and let it be stated on your statement of purpose that u will return to Nigeria and u can also get a letter from ur where u serving too. Ur NYSC can serve u as a strong home tie
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 8:53pm On Sep 02, 2013
@ miss bon...you can go with Xtus advise but take note that you would start NYSC afresh when you return for it.You would have to write a convinving SOP, becaus this your NYSC can be interpreted by the VO as either a strong home tie or desperation.
Option 2
Confirm the scholarship within the 2weeks deadline, also confirm that Fanshawe college has received the payment then defer your admission till Fall 2014. Though, when I served I know of so many people that forfeited their service for masters abroad; the ball is in your court.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by femianiyi: 8:54pm On Sep 02, 2013
Is anyone storming cdhc tomorrow?Pls,how do i get to anifowoshe str? We are resulting together @ cdhc tomorrow by God' grace.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ifegy: 8:59pm On Sep 02, 2013
ceo mr ca$h:

Almost the same route with the one I booked. From lagos to paris, paris to montreal, finally montreal to St john's airport.
Please ma ogas @ wad point will my study permit be issued? Cos at montreal will be transfered to anoda airline. Nid ur urgent respoonse

At the first point you come face to face with Canadian immigration; in your case, Montreal.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by missbon(f): 9:05pm On Sep 02, 2013
Huzzie: @ miss bon...you can go with Xtus advise but take note that you would start NYSC afresh when you return for it.You would have to write a convinving SOP, becaus this your NYSC can be interpreted by the VO as either a strong home tie or desperation.
Option 2
Confirm the scholarship within the 2weeks deadline, also confirm that Fanshawe college has received the payment then defer your admission till Fall 2014. Though, when I served I know of so many people that forfeited their service for masters abroad; the ball is in your court.
nawa oo, start nysc afresh sad dats scary oo but thanx for the advice dear
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by femianiyi: 9:12pm On Sep 02, 2013
Is anyone storming cdhc tomorrow?Pls,how do i get to anifowoshe str? We are resuming together @ cdhc tomorrow by God' grace.

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.