Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (320) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (586741 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 9:15pm On Sep 02, 2013
miss bon:
nawa oo, start nysc afresh sad dats scary oo but thanx for the advice dear

Miss Bon, u don't need to worry about nysc anything. I am supposed to finish NYSC in October but I applied anyway and now I am in Canada. So you don't need to worry or make any reference to nysc just submit everything else besids you finished school not so long ago so they wouldn't ask about the gap.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by DonDiara(m): 9:17pm On Sep 02, 2013
miss bon:

Miss don, you can submit your application with your call up letter and you will be fine, I submitted my application with my call up letter while I was serving and I am presently in Toronto for my studies. When is your POP? If you are going to leave naija before you POP, all you have to do is make arrangement for how to collect your NYSC certificate, there is nothing impossible in naija. Best of luck!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 9:21pm On Sep 02, 2013
Don Diara:

Miss don, you can submit your application with your call up letter and you will be fine, I submitted my application with my call up letter while I was serving and I am presently in Toronto for my studies. When is your POP? If you are going to leave naija before you POP, all you have to do is make arrangement for how to collect your NYSC certificate, there is nothing impossible in naija. Best of luck!
.... somethings are impossible in Nigeria...Miss Bon... these guys don giv u the best advice.... nothing do u o jare .....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 9:21pm On Sep 02, 2013
miss bon:
Dts NYSC policy...like 2chains said,he forfeited is service for canny which I believe worth it, let me not deceive you,if I were in your shoes...make service hold hin self, canny all the way.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by movein: 9:24pm On Sep 02, 2013
movein: Is it advisable for one to go pick up his passport at VFS after been instructed to go for Medicals by CDHC? It's 6 days now and it says "Visa application, tracking ID No.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX is being processed at the Canada Visa Office" on VFS website!
Please!! someone should answer me cry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 9:26pm On Sep 02, 2013
Don Diara:

People do that a lot because NYSC prints your certificate after camp...but I can never advise anybody to go through the back door.I'm purely Legit

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by DonDiara(m): 9:27pm On Sep 02, 2013
Siga: .... somethings are impossible in Nigeria...Miss Bon... these guys don giv u the best advice.... nothing do u o jare .....

You have gotten the best advice from the seniors, best of luck @miss don.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 9:37pm On Sep 02, 2013
Huzzie:
People do that a lot because NYSC prints your certificate after camp...but I can never advise anybody to go through the back door.I'm purely Legit

Yeh you can run the certificate P sha. Don't ave to forfeit.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 9:40pm On Sep 02, 2013
Huzzie: @ miss bon...you can go with Xtus advise but take note that you would start NYSC afresh when you return for it.You would have to write a convinving SOP, becaus this your NYSC can be interpreted by the VO as either a strong home tie or desperation.
Option 2
Confirm the scholarship within the 2weeks deadline, also confirm that Fanshawe college has received the payment then defer your admission till Fall 2014. Though, when I served I know of so many people that forfeited their service for masters abroad; the ball is in your court.
dats wat i call jet li move...smart one oga mi....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 9:40pm On Sep 02, 2013
movein: Please!! someone should answer me cry
The best is for you to storm VFS since CDHC has instructed you to go for medicals, but if you are not in lagos ensure you call VFS costomer care line before you go there. All the best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by missbon(f): 10:00pm On Sep 02, 2013
Don Diara:

thanks for your advice dear
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by missbon(f): 10:03pm On Sep 02, 2013
2-chains:

Miss Bon, u don't need to worry about nysc anything. I am supposed to finish NYSC in October but I applied anyway and now I am in Canada. So you don't need to worry or make any reference to nysc just submit everything else besids you finished school not so long ago so they wouldn't ask about the gap.
[quote author=2-chains]

oshee 2-chains. thanks for the advice dear
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ceomrcash: 10:09pm On Sep 02, 2013
ifegy:

At the first point you come face to face with Canadian immigration; in your case, Montreal.

Tanks Boss! Pls do u hv an idea of the kind of documents that i will be required to present @dt point? Will i be ask any question? Please nid sombody to answer mi oo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 10:18pm On Sep 02, 2013
femianiyi: Is anyone storming cdhc tomorrow?Pls,how do i get to anifowoshe str? We are resuming together @ cdhc tomorrow by God' grace.

find ur way to Leventis- CMS.(ajah park). from there take adeola odeku, drop at anifowose b/stop, close to mike adenuga towers....CDHC is down d street, in front of indonesia embassy

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 10:54pm On Sep 02, 2013
movein: Is it advisable for one to go pick up his passport at VFS after been instructed to go for Medicals by CDHC? It's 6 days now and it says "Visa application, tracking ID No.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX is being processed at the Canada Visa Office" on VFS website!
....vfs too sabi the VO's jet li moves wella....sum1 got trv within 5days of medics and vfs was shocked...dey called ur frnd early for winte which vfs finds hard to believe which was why dy no update...make ur frnd just go there and tell vfs the testimony by mouth dem go change d status sharpally....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by greatheights: 10:54pm On Sep 02, 2013
@siga yo view on thz, pls

greatheights: My ogas in the house, hehehe, af come again o, any1 with detaild xprience abt the online application, ths online dy fear mi o. The documents am meant to upload are jes:
1) IMM1294
2) IMM5645
3) Proof of means of financial support
4) Passport or Travel Document
5) Digital photo
6) Letter of Acceptance
7) Evidence of wrk requiremnt in study (my course hz coop)
*cool** Letter of explanation
9) Schedule 1
Dats all
All the study questionnaire + *SOP + NYSC cert + WaEc etc are not included o
Am particular abt the SOP tho'....
Pls is that hw the online tins go
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 11:05pm On Sep 02, 2013
Thank you very much. See you soon.
2-chains:
Yeh hello. Pwunni. Nothing is happening in school. Everything is quiet. Classes start tomorrow. Registration is open till the 16th.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 11:07pm On Sep 02, 2013
greatheights: My ogas in the house, hehehe, af come again o, any1 with detaild xprience abt the online application, ths online dy fear mi o. The documents am meant to upload are jes:
1) IMM1294
2) IMM5645
3) Proof of means of financial support
4) Passport or Travel Document
5) Digital photo
6) Letter of Acceptance
7) Evidence of wrk requiremnt in study (my course hz coop)
*cool** Letter of explanation
9) Schedule 1
Dats all
All the study questionnaire + *SOP + NYSC cert + WaEc etc are not included o
Am particular abt the SOP tho'....
Pls is that hw the online tins go
Sorry i didnt see dis ni sha....as for the forms you will upload it seperately ....for oda scaned docx like nysc,waec,soa,etc....u go get space to upload dat buh u go pack dem all inside 1 whole pdf...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by chidimma1: 11:13pm On Sep 02, 2013
@ onye oma what do u mean by full funding
Onye oma:

I doubt if tis related to other points you raised...They are all independent...

You are asking me the same question I asked you? I need you to answer the question...cos you earlier asked me "How come some applicants are headed for some of the listed courses above and havent been called for medicals"...and I asked if other docx are unverifiable nko?

I dont understand what you mean by a uni without reputation...for your info Canadian top 23 unis rank among the top 500 in the world while none of the unis in my beloved ranks top 1000.
Also, uOttawa ranks top 10 in some subjects (esp Science and engineering) and it also ranks above uManitoba for your information...
Please, I didnt mention anything about McGill university.

I doubt bro...
If that is the case, What will you have to say about some our forumites heading to Keyano College and Algoquin College that were called for Medicals on time??

Guys with full funding gets called quicker cos everything about "SPONSOR CREDIBILTY AND INSUFFICIENT FUNDS" have been well taken care of (and you and I know that these 2 factors take some time during the verification of the documents)...Other factors can be easily spot-checked without much calls and mails...

I also feel that the ratio of applicants with full sponsorship is very small to the guys on individual sponsorship...(so I guess quota system is out of it here)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by anabor: 12:16am On Sep 03, 2013
Hello my Ogas' in the house...@GboyegaD,@kjbobo,@Fhemmy,@Siga,@dommakavelli and latest inductee @Chrigo. Please I need your candid advice on this issue, is it advisable to use my sister and the husband as joint sponsors since they run a joint account?(NB:my mom initially served as a sponsor for my first application, but I was rejected on the grounds that she had insufficient funds, so I intend to get an additional sponsor for my next bombardment)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by femianiyi: 12:34am On Sep 03, 2013
@ earthgreeners: Thanks so much. Appreciate
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ifegy: 12:47am On Sep 03, 2013
ceo mr ca$h:

Tanks Boss! Pls do u hv an idea of the kind of documents that i will be required to present @dt point? Will i be ask any question? Please nid sombody to answer mi oo

Well, it's typically straightforward- purpose for coming to Canada, where you're headed, that sort of thing. I recall coming in from Europe the High Commission gave you some sort of letter/document which you presented to immigration on arrival and then got the actual study permit; it might be the same for your case. Just answer simply and truthfully and you should be good to go.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by rexxy09: 1:01am On Sep 03, 2013
2-chains. Please how do I contact you? I have already booked my flight for this week to Seneca. I have booked with Egypt Air. Will pass through Egypt then to Toronto. I hope that is ok? Please I honestly need your contact.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by rexxy09: 1:07am On Sep 03, 2013
My lovely forumites. Does anybody know anything about Egypt Air? I have booked for this week and I just wanna know if its ok. I am heading to Toronto (Seneca College).
For those that have travelled already, please I need information on what to go with in terms of documents and more. God bless you all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by uchi4jah: 1:14am On Sep 03, 2013
Men, Me I never know ooo... But na them go arrange sha... Them dey handle evrytin... They will forwaard all the info tomorow.

I no sleep for bike when I show here ooo.. I no go sleep.. No dulling

Siga: .... Nice... Na Tdot I dey now.... where u dey stay?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by uchi4jah: 1:16am On Sep 03, 2013
That means say U be Boss here na.... Im in Usask too. Will U text me? 8810625.... U should know how to complete the number Boss...
spencer3705: Dear Nairalanders, it's my great pleasure to say hi to u all. Congratulations to those who have got their trv. I wish those awaiting trv best of luck also...if u are heading to Usask, I can be of help to u, besides am one of the group leaders for d orientation..I wish u all d best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Shadams(m): 1:38am On Sep 03, 2013
@all. Does one need a transit visa to fly through Frankfurt to Calgary on Lufthansa? Thank u.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 1:54am On Sep 03, 2013
Shadams: @all. Does one need a transit visa to fly through Frankfurt to Calgary on Lufthansa? Thank u.
...Nope...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Lawjnr1(m): 4:08am On Sep 03, 2013
Hello Friends On here, Actually i just got on here. A friend who's helping me process admission in is school in Alberta directed me to follow this thread. I just put in for the Jan Intake, still waiting for my admission letter and stuff to proceed from there. I need you guys help. Once my guy send me the admission letter and stuffs (i mean the i-20 ) what are the following step i need to do here in naija to get the visa?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Lawjnr1(m): 4:22am On Sep 03, 2013
Please i need a reply from anyone that know better than i do as soon as possible friends.... one love
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Shadams(m): 5:08am On Sep 03, 2013
Siga: ...Nope...

Thanks, boss. Meanwhile I have collected the renewed passport, and should be at cdhc later this morning. Thanks for your support. I pray they issue the trv today or before week runs out.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by efewhoa: 6:04am On Sep 03, 2013
Shadams:

Thanks, boss. Meanwhile I have collected the renewed passport, and should be at cdhc later this morning. Thanks for your support. I pray they issue the trv today or before week runs out.
Hurry up so they can give you your trv bro. Congrats in advance

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.