Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,154 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (337) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (588263 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 9:13pm On Sep 06, 2013
Siga: .......exactly...was only talking about Stanbic...not Gtb ... Gtb works fine...

SO na to put all my cash for my GTB account b dat
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by rilly2000: 9:17pm On Sep 06, 2013
ChriGo: @rilley2000 its not really easy typing that much words without getting any reply...was thinking my ogas wit all ur questions at once go don respond to u...cant answer all ur qestion cuz sum ar very specific buh would answer the general one's u asked.....1. Since u submited tru Vfs u do not have problem with the return envelop...vfs global is a courier authorised by cdhc to send and recieve visa applicantions..so either u use return envelop or not u would still get ur package sent to vfs should d need be, u'r nt wrong on this.......2. For the differer, its wat sum peeps go tru so u'r not the 1st to experience it...u can go to embassy and update ur docx with the new admision letter.....3. Dats specific to uni of sask applicant so dont av an idea to dat questn buh u can contact shadams...he will put u tru...just send him a pm..u should be able to find his post on the page b4 dis....hope dis helps
thanks @chrigo

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by shayi12: 9:44pm On Sep 06, 2013
In addition to what chrigo has shed light on w.r.t the 3yrs work permit.it is possible to get a PR during the 1st year of your poststudy work visa. More info is on cic.gc.ca
ChriGo: My own program is also 4semesters ...but actually 3 semesters...the 4th semester na coop term which last for 4-8months....i would make enuff $$$$ by then to be able to buy Nairaland...i hear say baba seun wan sell am...just kidding grin.....does ur course offers coop?.....If its stated by ur public instituition dat ur course na 2yrs course then u got no yawa!!....even if na 6months course and ur sch write am say na 2yrs den ur 3yrs Work permit sure pass goodluck jonathan wining the 2015 election...lol.......

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by shayi12: 9:50pm On Sep 06, 2013
Hey Chrigo,I tink either you do an Msc or College parole,u can still get yur PR
Even if u dnt get a job(Ontario province) to be precise.fink we all need 2 read the cic website 2 be sure about this.
ChriGo: ...Bro college parol dey different from masters parol oo....if u do masters for ontario be it 1yr or 2yrs u can apply for ur PR wether u get job offer or not....but for a college scavenger like me..yes just me!!....i gas get a job offer before dem go even consider me for PR but my 3yrs work permit na my right..lol.....dats why i said there is preference....if we both enta canny i go dey loyal to u ni cuz ur level pass my own.....lol....bro i tank God say im bless ur hustle...We go jam for canny no yawa!!.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ahmedonia4real(m): 9:58pm On Sep 06, 2013
ChriGo: .....better package for international students to kick off jaunuary 2014.....student do not have to wait 6months before applying for offcampus work permit.....yipee!!....now ChriGo can get a better paid job offcampus when he gets to canny...instead of earning peanuts on campus...... .....@azeezwl hmm if s******w*s catch u ehn!!....i sorry 4 u....lol....@manover pls wat course are u applying for? And whats ur uni's cgpa.....

Oga chrigo I beg nah true? Nah him be say God dey my side be dat ooo as I am waitting for medical against Jan start.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ifegy: 11:23pm On Sep 06, 2013
Gymme: @GboyegaD and Kjbobo, I noticed both of u do connect to the internet while travelling out of †нє country (Nigeria), pls how do u browse wen u got stop-overs. Abi Naija mobile networks dey worldwide ni? Anybody sabi too? Nobody be island of knowledge o.

Also, a lot of airports have wifi, either free or at a cost.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sparta300(m): 11:44pm On Sep 06, 2013
Huzzie: LIST OF MEDICAL HOPEFULS (WINTER - JANUARY2014)
1. Olabo_key JUNE 21 Paper route
2. Tobst JULY 12 Paper route
3. Huzzie JULY 16 Paper route
4. Onye oma JULY 17 Paper route
5. Rolatims JULY 28 Paper route
6. Chrigo JULY 30 Paper route
7. Papa km JULY 31 Paper route
8. Adim02 AUGUST 19 Paper route
9. Ahmedonia4real AUGUST 19 Paper route
10. Tolyem AUGUST 23 Paper route
11. Humanshado AUGUST 31 Online route
12. Clow SEPTEMBER 3 Paper route

N.B- If you have gotten your admission for winter and have applied for TRV. Please provide the following information
*submission date
**Mode of submission: online/paper

Cheers

Mike 6 September, Humber College online route
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 12:16am On Sep 07, 2013
[size=16pt]Hello housemates, after completing medical on Monday, I was sent an email today to go to VAC asap. Any clue what's on board? Anyone, plzzzz?[/size]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bamshy: 12:52am On Sep 07, 2013
bumdish:
This is a key veteran of Travelling To Canada Session 3. How you dey?

I'm good. How are you doing smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by efewhoa: 2:47am On Sep 07, 2013
cash247: [size=16pt]Hello housemates, after completing medical on Monday, I was sent an email today to go to VAC asap. Any clue what's on board? Anyone, plzzzz?[/size]
They probaby want you to go pay for your tuition and board.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by laureek: 2:50am On Sep 07, 2013
I got the First bank Visa gold card . I tried not to use it all the while because of the charges but I had to today.I think there's a way you can put the money in your bank account and get a card that won't charge u much instead of the nigerian card .I must say Royal bank is a good bank.well I enjoyed their service especially when other banks were telling me I had to book an appointment before they can open an account for me.
So I just got my bearing yesterday after 5days in canada.it's been nice and kinda rough too but now that I have a place ,Bravo!....I can't even believe people eat all the junks I've seen in this place.I've been drinking water and ate little bread like twice.may be with time,I will be able to eat them.so far,Butty for naija,local babe for canada.The food wey I cook this night ehn.choi!!!,e no get part 2.Never smiled cos of food in my entire life.
I didn't have any problem with immigration.when my mum was packing the food in my box,I objected but now I'm happy I brought them.They will finish sha but before that time,I go don dey try for stuffs here.
Great day pple and all the best to all trv awaitees.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kayconsult(m): 2:58am On Sep 07, 2013
Hi everyone.any news from supposed fall 2013 medical hopefuls in the house?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 4:59am On Sep 07, 2013
shayi12: Hey Chrigo,I tink either you do an Msc or College parole,u can still get yur PR
Even if u dnt get a job(Ontario province) to be precise.fink we all need 2 read the cic website 2 be sure about this.
.....Yes but the game is different with a masters degree holder....They can apply for PR with or without job offer...buh as for college applicant there are two ways...either u get a good job offer from ontario province to apply for ur PR or you get ur 3yrs work permit firstly and then between 2-3yrs of ur work life u will auto get ur PR....so its still win-win but the later is kinda slow compare to d 1st.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 5:02am On Sep 07, 2013
ahmedonia4real:

Oga chrigo I beg nah true? Nah him be say God dey my side be dat ooo as I am waitting for medical against Jan start.
....na true..proposing to kick off january...Bro na only u God create ni?....lol....God dey my side too jare....na january too me wan show......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 5:07am On Sep 07, 2013
cash247: [size=16pt]Hello housemates, after completing medical on Monday, I was sent an email today to go to VAC asap. Any clue what's on board? Anyone, plzzzz?[/size]
...Bro u wana know wats on board? Whats on board is dat cdhc wants to instruct u to go pay for board...you also wana know wats on tuition?...wats on tuition is dat cdhc wants to also instruct u to pay for tuition.....but do u really wana know the main thing on board?....d main thing on board is that if u have done the above before then cdhc wants to issue u ur VISA.......We have another cash man in d house....ceo mr cash will pay my tuition,cash247 will pay for my board......Congrats on ur medics bro....i tap frm ur blessing......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Shadams(m): 5:45am On Sep 07, 2013
rilly2000: good evening to all nairalanders

1). I submitted my application at the vfs office in ikeja on 7th July, but, i was told not to add the return courier envelope when submitting.. but that one aside...........
the koko na say, since that July 7th, i haven't heard anything from them...
hope i'm still good or something is wrong

2). the resumption date stated on the admission letter i submitted is 5th of September, but they wrote it boldly there that IF YOU CANT MEET UP THE SEPTEMBER RESUMPTION, CONSIDER THIS LETTER AS YOUR OFFICIAL ADMISSION LETTER FOR JANUARY RESUMPTION ALSO. So, i called the school sometimes last week to help me defer my admission till January, and they've replied with a deferment letter.
so guys, will i have to go to Lagos to show them this letter or i'm still good

2). all University of Saskatchewan students in the house.... i applied for the school residence space on 12 June, and since then, whenever i check my residence portal, i do see 'application pending' on the application tab... and since then, i haven't heard anything from them
so, i checked the application sometimes last week to check for any changes...., unfortunately, i didn't see the 'application pending' again....
so guys, is it that i will have to make a new application or my previous application is still pending

A quick response to this 3 questions will be appreciated.

Hello boss, as regards Usask. My understanding is that there are still a number of residence options. I suspect some applications were cancelled while some students got alternatives. You should be able to get one. Just send in another application, or send then an enquiry. Uche is already on ground. He should help with more specifics. Best wishes, brother.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Shadams(m): 5:49am On Sep 07, 2013
@ All,

Greetings o. I hail all my ogas at the tops. Like to confirm if anyone has traveled aboard Egyptair in the last one week. I am traveling via Cairo to Toronto, and I like to know the security status of that end. I have called a representative of theirs in Lagos, but I thought I could use the first-hand testimonies of folks who know about Cairo.

Many thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 6:29am On Sep 07, 2013
Shadams:
@ All,

Greetings o. I hail all my ogas at the tops. Like to confirm if anyone has traveled aboard Egyptair in the last one week. I am traveling via Cairo to Toronto, and I like to know the security status of that end. I have called a representative of theirs in Lagos, but I thought I could use the first-hand testimonies of folks who know about Cairo.

Many thanks.
hw much u book?
Cairo is ok, a frnd travelled wt em last week

egyptair is even in patnership wt d canadian gvt. check www.beware.gc.ca
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 07, 2013
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by smile13: 7:16am On Sep 07, 2013
Yes. I did.
greatheights:

@smiles13 did u use the online route too?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by smile13: 7:36am On Sep 07, 2013
In fact, it's really been nice. After checking through almost all banks' cash machines around campus, they all have charges ranging from about $1.5CAD to $2CAD but I discovered that TD Canada Trust does not take this fee. You only have the basic N420 GTBank fee and the exchange rate made so much sense. This is actually contrary to my past experience in the UK.
GboyegaD:

My brother, I'm truly enjoying it. No charges whatsoever and I think the exchange rate is the global exchange rate. In the past few days, it exchange at about N158.64/1CAD$ and 1CAD$/0.9497US$. The fee on ATM transaction is N420 and between CAD$1.6 and CAD$1.75 depending on whose terminal you are withdrawing from, while my US bank charges US$5. In essence, I can tell that the Naira Debit MasterCard is excellent and works on all terminals since most of their terminals here are chip and pin oriented.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by smile13: 8:04am On Sep 07, 2013
Wao! Was really a pleasure meeting with @GboyegaD. No doubt a scholar of note & an extremely intelligent fellow, even though I could only assess these for the very short while we met. @Nuendo & @Dictalpha are my brothers here in Calgary we've been relating since the week (even back in 9ja) & I count myself enormously blessed to have these very intelligent & good people in the circle of my acquaintances.

@all: God's blessings on everyone. Cheers.

GboyegaD: Nuendo, Dictalpha, and Smiles13:
If you are attending the Graduate Student Orientation today, I am sitting on the 5th seat from the left, 5rows from the back opposite the main projector to your left when you come into the hall. I am wearing a grey camoflague shorts with a black polo and a grey sweater. I have with me a green backpack for ease of identification.
Regards,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 8:28am On Sep 07, 2013
Any University of Manitoba student in d house?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 8:36am On Sep 07, 2013
earthgreeners: Any University of Manitoba student in d house?

Congrats.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 9:10am On Sep 07, 2013
....You talk say u don port and u still dey naija....shey na network problem u dey xperience ni abi wetin?......abeg port go canny jor....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 9:23am On Sep 07, 2013
cash247:

[size=16pt]Thanks guys for your response. I was wondering why the CDHC didn't just send me the instruction like the medicals instead of asking to visit VAC for payment instruction? Just thinking, guys. Cuz I have to fly all the way to Lagos.[/size]
........Bro cdhc do not care were u are oo....even if u dey planet jupiter e no concern dem....comon bro alot peeps in lag are seriously waiting for this ur golden oppurtunity but still stuck in "still being processed" world.....even without bin called for medics sum still came all the way from north just to inquire and got still been processed response....so my broda if u'r considering the distance and u no go, na OYO u dey be dat oo....they need ur attention biko.....go hear within dem wan tell u....and u know the good side is that they might want to honour u by issuing u ur TRV by hand without even instructing u to pay for anythin so pls go and know wats up.....u knw devil will use different means to make sure u'r being delayed so biko no give am chance....Good Luck.......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ancient1: 11:16am On Sep 07, 2013

I'm guessing its your trv.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by efewhoa: 11:47am On Sep 07, 2013
laureek: I got the First bank Visa gold card . I tried not to use it all the while because of the charges but I had to today.I think there's a way you can put the money in your bank account and get a card that won't charge u much instead of the nigerian card .I must say Royal bank is a good bank.well I enjoyed their service especially when other banks were telling me I had to book an appointment before they can open an account for me.
So I just got my bearing yesterday after 5days in canada.it's been nice and kinda rough too but now that I have a place ,Bravo!....I can't even believe people eat all the junks I've seen in this place.I've been drinking water and ate little bread like twice.may be with time,I will be able to eat them.so far,Butty for naija,local babe for canada.The food wey I cook this night ehn.choi!!!,e no get part 2.Never smiled cos of food in my entire life.
I didn't have any problem with immigration.when my mum was packing the food in my box,I objected but now I'm happy I brought them.They will finish sha but before that time,I go don dey try for stuffs here.
Great day pple and all the best to all trv awaitees.
Na soso apple me dey eat since I land. I will do anything to eat eba at this poinT and I cant cook cos I live in residence sad
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by joeblack62: 12:48pm On Sep 07, 2013
I'm a university of Manitoba student by God's grace but na Cdhc dey delay matter like this ooo...I submitted may 22 and I'm still xpecting medical call.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 3:27pm On Sep 07, 2013
......Na wa oo...see as house dull..... So no medics dis week...na so so Trv......we hope medics follow next week.....sept/jan mixture medics.....warming up...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by PlayPays: 5:01pm On Sep 07, 2013
Gymme: @GboyegaD and Kjbobo, I noticed both of u do connect to the internet while travelling out of †нє country (Nigeria), pls how do u browse wen u got stop-overs. Abi Naija mobile networks dey worldwide ni? Anybody sabi too? Nobody be island of knowledge o.

WiFi

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Patdeka(f): 5:09pm On Sep 07, 2013

Am Present Monsieur Earthgreeners...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.