Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,154 members, 7,811,315 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (487014 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bones007: 6:10am On Jun 08, 2013
Amefrica:

Thanks bro, Yepa! Im afraid, i applied for US visa lottery but aint selected, hope this wont pose as a threat ?!

gbagbe osee() do u wanna gonna be telling VO that, even if he made mention it just tell him no,beside they can only know if u provide them ur DV no and which is not requested in ur DS-160. Just be a good lawyer as well tongue grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:10am On Jun 08, 2013
I just learnt that if one has played lottery b4, he might nt get a student visa. Yepa! Im
afraid, i applied for US
visa lottery but aint
selected, hope this
wont pose as a
threat ?!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:12am On Jun 08, 2013
bones007:

gbagbe osee() do u wanna gonna be telling VO that, even if he made mention it just tell him no,beside they can only know if u provide them ur DV no and which is not requested in ur DS-160. Just be a good lawyer as well tongue grin

Ok, thanks bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gr8ever(m): 6:28am On Jun 08, 2013
olarwarlay: Wow! Never knew there were other Omoluabi's on the thread.

Imperiouxx, SmithjanetStore, Redreact... I sight U guys.

I am from Osun too, Osogbo to be precise and I am proud to be an Omoluabi to the core. smiley grin

haha, plenty oroki full house oo, abi omoluabi too, from osogbo gan gan.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 6:34am On Jun 08, 2013
gr8ever:

From Ibokun, Ilesha.

Coordinate: 7°47′00″N 4°43′00″E / 7.78333°N 4.71667°E

wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 6:35am On Jun 08, 2013
Amefrica: I just learnt that if one has played lottery b4, he might nt get a student visa. Yepa! Im
afraid, i applied for US
visa lottery but aint
selected, hope this
wont pose as a
threat ?!

You just learned that, that means you didn't read previous parts.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:39am On Jun 08, 2013
imperiouxx:

You just learned that, that means you didn't read previous parts.

i did bt not all, pls boss answer/advise me ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gr8ever(m): 6:46am On Jun 08, 2013
Amefrica: I just learnt that if one has played lottery b4, he might nt get a student visa. Yepa! Im
afraid, i applied for US
visa lottery but aint
selected, hope this
wont pose as a
threat ?!

follow bones advice and read that lawyer interview. No qualms!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gr8ever(m): 6:51am On Jun 08, 2013
imperiouxx:

From Ibokun, Ilesha.

Coordinate: 7°47′00″N 4°43′00″E / 7.78333°N 4.71667°E

wink

omo iya, tuale....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ibkgbocco: 6:58am On Jun 08, 2013
I applied 4 DV lottery n I stil got my visa...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:02am On Jun 08, 2013
@mario, i already added you and i'm currently online.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gr8ever(m): 7:16am On Jun 08, 2013
bigfrancis21:
grin grin
Oga Seun never carry nairaland reach that level.

This our community don grow oo, make our baale help us upgrade am too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:24am On Jun 08, 2013
@Smalltownboy, congrats. I'm hapi dat u were able to discover somthin abt d VO within some few seconds of ur interview. Dat realy gave u an edge on how to handle him. Every VO has a personality n thru one's personality, u can get whatever u want. This is a secret. Good conversational skill is also very important. Native speakers are always mindful of expressions. I learnt something abt ur interview. N will add it to my knowledge. Whites are not so fantastic.

I could recall one of my exams with so many white candidates. A white lady working in my sch said something like: blacks are disgusting, i said ok, this particular exam will prove if blacks are disgusting or not. That i know i'll not let my race down. later, I couldn't find my result online. Had to go to d office to check my result. BAM! she saw me and didn't utter a word. Then my result checked and I got B. She was so surprised and then apologized. I told her it's ok. I've forgiven you but next time don't repeat this nonsense. We later became friends hahahahaha.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by tweetty: 7:24am On Jun 08, 2013
hello house. pls join me in prayer as my interview is on tuesday. i want to come wt testimony IJN.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:05am On Jun 08, 2013
@tweetty, do not worry. God is already with you. You have nothing to lose. Just take the interview like an everyday conversation. Check your 1-20 properly too. Success is yours! Say BIG AMENNNNNNN!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:10am On Jun 08, 2013
@bigfrancis21: lol, you crack me up! Yes, that's very true. Lets just help each other. I'm sure this forum will grow stronger. Might be like facebook in the future.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 8:13am On Jun 08, 2013
tweetty: hello house. pls join me in prayer as my interview is on tuesday. i want to come wt testimony IJN.

Success is yours as You are covered by God's favor!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 8:20am On Jun 08, 2013
gr8ever:

Even U too?.... Omoluabi full thread grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by chatdare(m): 8:39am On Jun 08, 2013
OjaP:

You can get into the masters program with a third class depending on your CGPA and your proposed MS/MA major. Do you want to share that so we can go from there?

@ 0jap, thanks for ur responce,I actually graduated with a cgpa of 2.31,economics education.
I have tried making research of school that can offer me admission for a masters or a top-up degree,but all are to no avail.plz can you help me with schools that can offer me admission based on what I have ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by theHanafis(m): 8:42am On Jun 08, 2013
[quote author=bigfrancis21]

Your application for international transcripts depends on the schools you're applying to and their transcript requirements. By now you should have come up with a list of schools you're interested in and known their transcript requirements, the different transcript requirements of which I explained in my penultimate post to you. Go ahead and apply for the local transcript because you STILL NEED to have a copy with you. The last interview experience posted here will prove to you that the VOs at times ask for student transcript copy, just as I told you.

If all your schools want online scanning and later hardcopy, then having only a student copy should be okay for now. If your list is a mix whereby some schools want the transcripts directly sent to them, then you'd have to apply for an international transcript, the total number depending on the number of schools that requests it. And if your school wants WES translation, you'd still have to apply for an international transcript to be addressed and sent to WES (its still international since its leaving the country, though its not going to a university), and WES will receive and translate it and have a translated copy mailed to the particular school that wants it.

During my time, I applied for 4 international copies + 1 student copy like I told you. This is how I did it: 2 of my prospective schools wanted it in its raw form sent to them. So I had two international copies mailed to both schools (U Maryland and U Alabama). The third school (U Tennessee) required online scanning of student copy and later physical mailing of an international copy if given admission. However, I still went ahead and applied for an international transcript for that school because the cost for international transcript then was cheap (just N2500) and also I didn't want to have to travel all the way back to school again running around for transcript if the need so arises so I decided to apply for the international copy for UT at the same time with the others. The 4th school (University of Illinois Urbana Champaign) also demanded the same thing as the third and I applied for an international copy for the school as well though I didn't later apply to UIUC, their copy is still with me + my student copy.

I hope my explanation helps. Use my explanation + your wisdom to know how to go about it.

@Bigfrances tnx a lot,I tink I wil go for jus 2skuls URI and U Tennessee or LSU.Buh am yet to decide between UT and LSU.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by chatdare(m): 8:45am On Jun 08, 2013
bigfrancis21:

To the best of my knowledge, no. The only option you have is to apply as a transfer undergraduate student. You'll be placed in final year or, at most, third year of the course. You'll then complete the program for one year and graduate with a US bachelors degree. Then with your making sense US degree you can then apply for masters in the same school or another school of your choice. That's the best pathway for you now. The advantage of this process is that in addition to your Nigerian UG B.Sc degree, you get to have a US B.Sc degree as well which can take you places.

Thanks so much for the advise,plz can you kindly enligthen me more on how I can go about the transfer undergraduate thing,and if possible I will like to knw schools dat can offer me such.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ivory23456(f): 8:48am On Jun 08, 2013
ibkgbocco: I applied 4 DV lottery n I stil got my visa...

@Amefrica I applied too and I still got my Visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 9:02am On Jun 08, 2013
Hi guys. Been away for a while. Bigfrancis, imperioxx and co... My I-20 is on its way. I'll be paying my Visa fee next week. Now my problem is paying my SEVIS fee. I have a cousin in the Uk and one in Malaysia. I'll like to know which of them would be in the best position to help me pay the $200 Sevis fee. I can't stand the stress of going to cotounu. What details would either of them need to pay my service fee. And would they need to send me some sort of receipt through post? Or I just need some online print out to take to the embassy?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:06am On Jun 08, 2013
ibkgbocco: I applied 4 DV lottery n I stil got my visa...

#Gbam# that's encouraging...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:09am On Jun 08, 2013
ivory23456:

@Amefrica I applied too and I still got my Visa.

#Confirm# Thanks boss for da encouragement..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 9:18am On Jun 08, 2013
Smalltownboy: @ All: Thanks a lot . I agree it was God's favour at the end of the day.

However, I have never applied for a DV visa, so guess that's what got me really upset. As my people will say, "We can't call cow Bros because we want to eat meat"

As for the Standardized tests, There are really no tests for Lawyers. An LSAT is for a J.D programme, while I'm doing a Masters in Law. So should I formulate or just write any exam just to please a V.O; I don't think so. As for applying to only one school, there are very few schools that do full Masters in Energy Law programme in the USA and I applied to the best out of them all.

All in All, I think it was God's favour and not based on my own abilities yesterday.

The VO was playing with you then. He was trying to pull your legs.grin
I'm still laughing at that part of your interview o.grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 08, 2013
@Smalltownboy: I like ur expression. U don't have to please anybody. America is nolonger the land of milk and honey. Some folks are finding it hard there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 10:11am On Jun 08, 2013
mario2575: Keep up the good work..please I have a similar problem as I a third class graduate with a CGPA of 2.23 and only realised how disadvantage I am when I started searching schools for UG..please what are my chances house..I am devasated

Just follow up with OjaP and the list of schools he has to provide.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 10:12am On Jun 08, 2013
winkNow this is what I call a family tinz...
@SmallTownBoy: Lawyer to sure! I appreciate your boldness. Your are just unstoppable and unshakable and the VO no get choice. All da best in your endeavours

@Tweetty: it's yours already. You might wanna review your final application with the house and get final endorsement from the gurus.#gbam

@imperiouxx + Olawarlay: omoluabi plenty for hia be dat o. Am from the state of the living spring too. Keep the flag flying bruvs

@Bigfrancis:hmmmm... make I just get d visa first, u deserve a cow head. Hahahahaha
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Feexo: 10:20am On Jun 08, 2013
House, My aunt is the sponsoring me but she is not going to be around until December. My uncle is willing to give me his statement of account to submit to schools in fulfillment of the basic documentation requirement, since I am submitting my applications in September.I still plan to take my aunt's statement of account to the embassy eventually. Will the VO know that I submitted a different statement of account to the schools?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 10:24am On Jun 08, 2013
flynbird: Hi guys. Been away for a while. Bigfrancis, imperioxx and co... My I-20 is on its way. I'll be paying my Visa fee next week. Now my problem is paying my SEVIS fee. I have a cousin in the Uk and one in Malaysia. I'll like to know which of them would be in the best position to help me pay the $200 Sevis fee. I can't stand the stress of going to cotounu. What details would either of them need to pay my service fee. And would they need to send me some sort of receipt through post? Or I just need some online print out to take to the embassy?

To the best of my knowledge, you will need to fill a form where you provide your sevis id, school code, passport no and so on. Once the payment is confirmed, u can always goto www​.fmjfee.com/ to check your status and print if confirmed. Your sevis receipt is to be sent to the address you provided in the form and it's your choice to opt for air mail or express mail (attract extra cost).
Hope this helps. The gurus in the house will add to this...

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.