Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,694 members, 7,823,953 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (488020 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 6:19pm On Jun 07, 2013
De Tus: @mario, how do i accept ur request? Can't open my mail at d moment. I've got a facebk id but won't give it out here.

By simply replying his email. You can type 'connected' and send back to his email.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 6:20pm On Jun 07, 2013
smartguy1759: please pple, @OjaP, @imperioux and the rest, please don't leave my post unattended to...

What category or class of Visa do you want to apply for?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 6:24pm On Jun 07, 2013
I am loving the USA Visa thread now. It reminds me of part 1 and 2 where everyone treat each other as one family. I haven't noticed any hidden post by the moderator for the past one month or so. This goes to show that things have changed. Let's keep the flag flying folks. We will all get to the promise land. Imperiouxx and BigFrancis - Good job guys.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 07, 2013
bigfrancis21:
Prepare for your TOEFL examination and write it. You then search and come up with a list of, say, 3/4 schools of your choice which you feel you're qualified for after you must have gone through their website and seen their admission requirements. Note that some schools will demand for SAT while some will not. Unless you strategically choose to apply only to the no-SAT schools. You apply, pay the application fee using your mastercard atm card, and send in your ssce result and whatever documents they require.

Thanks boss, ur indeed a blessing.. May God grant ur wishes, i will write SAT too 2 b on a safe side. Can a bank official work out statement of acct for my dad ? Plus im only 17yrs hope dey wont classify me a minor ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 6:26pm On Jun 07, 2013
smartguy1759:

Please gurus in the house, I want to find out if working wit a multinational company (in fact, a US based coy) here in Nigeria could be viewed as being a 'potential immigrant'. Please, I need ur views.

please pple, @OjaP, @imperioux and the rest, please don't leave my post unattended to...

No. Your working in a multinational company won't be seen as having potential immigrant plans.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by obsy2020: 6:29pm On Jun 07, 2013
@ De Tus, I support u imperiouxx needs a confirm american chick for his great job on Nairaland.
Kudos to bigfrancis, kunsoft and all members you guys are going a great job.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 7:05pm On Jun 07, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Hahaha. Who says you're ugly? You're not o.

This guy https://www.nairaland.com/airforce1

cry cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 8:13pm On Jun 07, 2013
obsy2020: @ De Tus, I support u imperiouxx needs a confirm american chick for his great job on Nairaland.
Kudos to bigfrancis, kunsoft and all members you guys are going a great job.

Seems like you are there. She is confirmed "ravishing" kiss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 8:24pm On Jun 07, 2013
bigfrancis21:

You are the cause of your continued visa denial. You're being denied visa simply out of inconsistency, or rather, do I say 'dishonesty' from the angle of the VO. If I'm correct, when you first applied for a visiting visa, you included that you have a brother living in the US who's a resident. And the second time you went you said 'no', probably because he was on transfer to Ghana (or maybe you felt that you got denied the first time because of immigrant intent as you mentioned you have a brother living in the united states who can file for you, so you decided to claim 'no' subsequently so that the VO will not think you have immigrant intent). The third time you said 'no' again. Now don't forget that all your past interview records and visits to the US embassy are stored on the embassy's database such that each time you return to the embassy and do your finger printing, all your past records immediately comes up. Meaning that during your last interview, the visa officer saw your past applications and the inconsistency on his system and kept asking you again the same question to which you said no. He simply expected your reply to tally with that of your first interview or first DS-160. Someone on this thread got denied at the embassy 4 good times due to this same inconsistency mistake she was making. And when she finally realized her mistake and went back again, she came out clean and gave consistent answers, the VO granted her her visa.

The visa officer expects that your answers be consistent with the former each time you conduct subsequent interviews at the embassy. Any sign of 'dishonesty' or inconsistency on your part, they deny you quickly. Having said this, your reply to the VO when he asked you whether you have a relative in the US should have been simply, 'Yes' just for the sake of consistency. Or you would have said, 'yes, but he's currently in ghana on transfer'. Don't forget that even though your brother's currently in ghana, he's still a permanent resident of the United states. Since, you have already answered yes the first time that you have a relative in the US, please still keep to that. Coming later to say no will be seen as dishonesty by the VO. And he'll deny you. Sorry, but that's how the system works. He has to keep it. Your story might be credible but he's acting on orders.

Wow! This is amazing. I appreciate u a lot for taking your time to write this useful piece. Hope it won't be counterproductive if I say YES this time eventhough I have no proof for his residence now in the US.
This will now be my answer trend:
1st attempt (B1/B2)- YES (in Texas)
2nd attempt (F1) - NO
3rd attempt (F1) - YES (where?)
#lobatan. God help me o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 8:27pm On Jun 07, 2013
Lolz right now.... Imagine o, I had to rush to check Imperiouxx's profile so I could get to see that face that is behind all the brilliant posts.

You ain't ugly my brother 'coz beauty is not a thing of the eye. You've got the most important of all which is a good heart.

May God continue to bless You...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by theHanafis(m): 8:27pm On Jun 07, 2013
bigfrancis21:

See, notarization of any documents is only optional. You only notarize a document if the school so demands for it. If they don't need notarization, bone it. Shikena. Notarization shouldn't be a reason for selection of your schools. Unless, you're telling me you're trying to save costs on multiple transcript fees which may be costly to obtain in your school. Asides that, its no reason to say you can't apply to URI because they don't ask for notarized copies. Some US schools demand for transcripts from your UG university direct and they convert it to their 4-point scale themselves there in the school. Schools in this category don't accept outside transcript translations from external bodies such as WES etc. They rather do the translation themselves. While some other US schools ask for already translated transcript copies made by external bodies such as WES. Some will ask for scanned copies of your transcripts and if given admission you mail hard copies later. Its all about knowing what your prospective school wants, and adhering to their demands. All the 3 schools I applied to never asked for notarized copies, neither did they ask for WES translations. They wanted it raw and straight from my school and I had it sent to them from my school.

My colleague just applied to the University of Rhode Island for M.Sc Mechanical Engineering come fall 2014. And they're promising him funding because he applied early. He applied as exactly as they demanded. If URI requires online scanning, you do as they say. You scan a copy of your student transcript and upload to them. It must not be an official transcript that you scan. As a prospective US post graduate student, you ought to have a personal student copy of your transcripts with you, ready to be brandished anywhere anytime when the need arises. Even when going for your student visa, its important you go along with it because the VO might ask out of the blues to see your UG transcripts.

As for your list, many US schools that offer full funding to post graduate students extend it to all departments. You might want to try University of Alabama, University of Connecticut, Louisiana state university, University of Tennessee.

Sir BigFrances adae gbadun u,cos d way u settle down n write, advice ppl on hw to go about solving dia problems,May u b rewarded witz success in ur future endeavours.U c bigfrances d issue is with my skul,to process transcript is usually not easy buh I guess I jus hav to apply again.I Applied for one since februarry dis year buh. Uptil 2dae is not yet ready,even 2dae I cal d secretary n he was telling me dat dia is a problem with my 500l result dat dey couldn't print it from d system.infact I couldn't understand wat he was trying to say n out of anger I jus cut off my call.and also I tink I really made a mistake cos den I really dnt knw more about transcripts,so in applying for one,instead of applying for a local transcript I applied for an international transcript.In d case of applying to let say 3 skuls wil I hav to apply for 3 more international transcripts?I also want to know which one is d student transcript,is it d student result dat is prented every semester?in my skul it is usually written at d bottom of d semester result dat 'This is not a Transcript' .pls I nid more clearificatn
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 8:32pm On Jun 07, 2013
lisadem:

Wow! This is amazing. I appreciate u a lot for taking your time to write this useful piece. Hope it won't be counterproductive if I say YES this time eventhough I have no proof for his residence now in the US.
2nd attempt (F1) - NO
#lobatan. God help me o.

If asked (where), then You simply explain His job demands that He be transfered every 3 years and that He's in Ghana presently.... Magana yakari(full stop).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smartguy1759: 8:47pm On Jun 07, 2013
OjaP:

What category or class of Visa do you want to apply for?
The class is F1
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gr8ever(m): 8:53pm On Jun 07, 2013
@BigFrancis21, na wa oo....Most times i wonder how you clearly express yourself in your epistle replies.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 8:54pm On Jun 07, 2013
smartguy1759: The class is F1

That is a big plus for you. No reasonable V.O would think you plan to leave your supposedly well paying job (an American company for that matter) to run to the USA and not come back home.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RedReact: 9:00pm On Jun 07, 2013
Imperiouxx, no vex o; you look like a Nigerien or Togolese. Besides, you are not only huggly, you are hugglystically hand- and legsome,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jun 07, 2013
@Lisadem, Is ur brother or relative paying for ur trip in the United States? Or does any hold US Citizenship? If any of the above is yes, i think you shouldn't worry. You only have to be alert when questions on relative arise. Eg: do you have any relative in the US? Simply say "yes". Then if he asks where he lives in the US, say it out and then say he's currently elsewhere now. I guess he's in Africa helping out. It will sound natural. Sometimes the VOs do not want to hear that one's relative is working in America, they get jealous and think you will do the same thing as well. Unless you're going for an immigrant visa. Because you're going for a non-immigrant visa so it's totally a different ball game! Be wise!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by tonymeskere(m): 9:52pm On Jun 07, 2013
gr8ever ,thanks for your brotherly advice. I got a selfcontain in one mountain in my area.
gr8ever:

Don't give up! what i'll say is, if you know any prayer mountain pls rent a bq there and start a prayer and fasting prog. Never say never, it's GOD FAVOUR.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 9:54pm On Jun 07, 2013
olarwarlay:

If asked (where), then You simply explain His job demands that He be transfered every 3 years and that He's in Ghana presently.... Magana yakari(full stop).

Nagode + Waa gbayi. Plenty explanation to make on my interview be that o. I will need to edit my ds-160 sef. Wait o! What adress where I put if I say YES? Well, perhaps the old one...
Now I begining to see the expertise in some peeps in the house - RESPECT BigFrancis21, imperiouxx and Ojab. Me sef wan be like una o #lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bones007: 10:20pm On Jun 07, 2013
coachee1: so nobody wants to wish me success on my interview ten days away...

wishing all the best of luck. Go get ur visa its yours grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis021: 10:24pm On Jun 07, 2013
lisadem:

Wow! This is amazing. I appreciate u a lot for taking your time to write this useful piece. Hope it won't be counterproductive if I say YES this time even though I have no proof for his residence now in the US.
2nd attempt (F1) - NO
#lobatan. God help me o.

During your next interview, just say yes when you get to the relative part. Make sure you do include him when filling out your next DS-160 form for the interview. You should be fine this time around. wink

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis021: 10:25pm On Jun 07, 2013
RedReact: Imperiouxx, no vex o; you look like a Nigerien or Togolese. Besides, you are not only huggly, you are hugglystically hand- and legsome,
Hahahaha...see me see laughter here o. grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis021: 10:26pm On Jun 07, 2013
imperiouxx:

This guy https://www.nairaland.com/airforce1

cry cry
Hahaha! Just went through the guy's profile and saw his picture. Lmao grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smartguy1759: 10:29pm On Jun 07, 2013
OjaP:

That is a big plus for you. No reasonable V.O would think you plan to leave your supposedly well paying job (an American company for that matter) to run to the USA and not come back home.
Thank you very much for the reply... I want to state here that I am not coming back to the job because my company is not giving me a study leave. I that I am really interested in lecturing and research when I come back. I hope telling the VO that I plan to resign before travelling will not raise another red flag
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 10:30pm On Jun 07, 2013
I've promised myself to get it right this time. So pls bear with me if I continue to flood this thread with questions.
Question
1. Is it a problem if I change sponsor from my brother (the one I discussed hia) to an uncle that resides in Naija?
Other questions loading... Thanks in advance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis021: 10:44pm On Jun 07, 2013
theHanafis:

Sir BigFrances adae gbadun u,cos d way u settle down n write, advice ppl on hw to go about solving dia problems,May u b rewarded witz success in ur future endeavours.U c bigfrances d issue is with my skul,to process transcript is usually not easy buh I guess I jus hav to apply again.I Applied for one since februarry dis year buh. Uptil 2dae is not yet ready,even 2dae I cal d secretary n he was telling me dat dia is a problem with my 500l result dat dey couldn't print it from d system.infact I couldn't understand wat he was trying to say n out of anger I jus cut off my call.and also I tink I really made a mistake cos den I really dnt knw more about transcripts,so in applying for one,instead of applying for a local transcript I applied for an international transcript.In d case of applying to let say 3 skuls wil I hav to apply for 3 more international transcripts?I also want to know which one is d student transcript,is it d student result dat is prented every semester?in my skul it is usually written at d bottom of d semester result dat 'This is not a Transcript' .pls I nid more clearificatn

Yes, if applying to 3 schools you'll need to pay the fee for 3 different international transcripts. Each one will be addressed differently to each of the schools and each will also come with an official letter head from your school addressed to the school abroad, then signed and sealed. I'm telling you how its done in my undergraduate school, UNN. During my time, I paid for and applied for 4 different international copies and one 1 student copy. The fee for international transcripts is usually higher and different from local or student copy. During my time, the fee for international transcript was N2,500. And I paid for 4 copies, which totals N10,000. Once the destination address for the transcript is beyond the shores of Nigeria, its automatically an international transcript.

Local transcript is one that is going to any institution, company or individual within Nigeria. It also comes with an official letter head and usually costs lower than international transcript. Student copy is the same with local transcript and the same price, the only difference being that it won't come with an extra official letter head from the school and it will bear 'Student copy. Not for official use' clearly written on it. During my time, local/student transcript was N1,250. So I paid a total of N11,250. Basically when printed out, its the same result, the same format, the same way all the transcripts come out for international, local or student. The only difference is the official letter head that comes with the international and local copies, and the lack of official letter head + 'student copy' pasted on the student copy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis021: 10:53pm On Jun 07, 2013
smartguy1759: Thank you very much for the reply... I want to state here that I am not coming back to the job because my company is not giving me a study leave. I that I am really interested in lecturing and research when I come back. I hope telling the VO that I plan to resign before travelling will not raise another red flag

No, don't tell him/her you plan to resign. You can express your plan by telling him how you'd want to take up a lectureship job on finishing. VOs love you PhD guys and rarely deny you guys because they believe that you guys will contribute greatly to their economy. They find it difficult to deny you guys, and especially not when you're speaking intelligently and brilliantly. wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 11:06pm On Jun 07, 2013
RedReact: Imperiouxx, no vex o; you look like a Nigerien or Togolese. Besides, you are not only huggly, you are hugglystically hand- and legsome,

loooool...... Nigerien/Togolese ke. I'm from Osun state, born and raised in Lagos.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 11:11pm On Jun 07, 2013
bigfrancis021:
Hahaha! Just went through the guy's profile and saw his picture. Lmao grin

The guy is a nightmare. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by theHanafis(m): 11:25pm On Jun 07, 2013
bigfrancis021:

Yes, if applying to 3 schools you'll need to pay the fee for 3 different international transcripts. Each one will be addressed differently to each of the schools and each will also come with an official letter head from your school addressed to the school abroad, then signed and sealed. I'm telling you how its done in my undergraduate school, UNN. During my time, I paid for and applied for 4 different international copies and one 1 student copy. The fee for international transcripts is usually higher and different from local or student copy. During my time, the fee for international transcript was N2,500. And I paid for 4 copies, which totals N10,000. Once the destination address for the transcript is beyond the shores of Nigeria, its automatically an international transcript.

Local transcript is one that is going to any institution, company or individual within Nigeria. It also comes with an official letter head and usually costs lower than international transcript. Student copy is the same with local transcript and the same price, the only difference being that it won't come with an extra official letter head from the school and it will bear 'Student copy. Not for official use' clearly written on it. During my time, local/student transcript was N1,250. So I paid a total of N11,250. Basically when printed out, its the same result, the same format, the same way all the transcripts come out for international, local or student. The only difference is the official letter head that comes with the international and local copies, and the lack of official letter head + 'student copy' pasted on the student copy.

@Bigfrances,my skul is ABU.does guyz no dae try.I paid #9900 for my international transcript and I think d local transcript is about #6500 to 7k depending on d value of d dollar.now I come to realize d kind of mess I put ma self in applying for an internatl instead of local.Do u think I should apply for a local 1 now n tell dem to suspend d issue of d international transcript until my skul demands for it?or should I jus collect d internatnl 1 n use it in place of d local 1?besides I didn't even write d address at d back of d receipt.pls wat do u suggest?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by chatdare(m): 11:28pm On Jun 07, 2013
Plz I want to know if US skools do acept students with third class degree into postgraduate diploma ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 11:38pm On Jun 07, 2013
De Tus: @Lisadem, Is ur brother or relative paying for ur trip in the United States? Or does any hold US Citizenship? If any of the above is yes, i think you shouldn't worry. You only have to be alert when questions on relative arise. Eg: do you have any relative in the US? Simply say "yes". Then if he asks where he lives in the US, say it out and then say he's currently elsewhere now. I guess he's in Africa helping out. It will sound natural. Sometimes the VOs do not want to hear that one's relative is working in America, they get jealous and think you will do the same thing as well. Unless you're going for an immigrant visa. Because you're going for a non-immigrant visa so it's totally a different ball game! Be wise!!!

Thanks a lot De Tus. Am getting relieved now. #wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.