Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,117 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (487980 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jun 07, 2013
@mario, how do i accept ur request? Can't open my mail at d moment. I've got a facebk id but won't give it out here.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:12pm On Jun 07, 2013
valentijay: Hello everyone. I just got admitted into two american universities both in georgia for my masters degree programme.i used the I-20 of a particular one to get visa and now, I hav no interest in going there anymore. Can I just go to resume in the other school? What is the procedure for the transfer. Must I resume at the school whose I-20 I used in getting visa before I could transfer to another school or what? pls I really need your help as this is very urgent

@Valentino,

You'll have to show up in the school you used for the visa. The school's name will be at the bottom of your detail on the visa page of your passport. At POE, the school will still be your final destination. But before the end of first semester, ask for transfer and go to the other school as you like. This means you have to defer the other admission. Best of luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by topzy2000: 2:47pm On Jun 07, 2013
omonaijar:

Cool. When you were scheduling did it give you a place to put your middle name? My confirmation does not have my middle name.

Mine doesn't too. It does not matter, so far it carries your name.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by coachee1(m): 3:18pm On Jun 07, 2013
so nobody wants to wish me success on my interview ten days away...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by coachee1(m): 3:19pm On Jun 07, 2013
coolguyz una don dey try fall my handz ooo. Abeg i wan hear una voice jare
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fideliajohn(f): 3:36pm On Jun 07, 2013
De Tus: I didn't get my visa approved today. Not my fault and not VO's fault either. I am only blaming those Americans who invited me to study in the US without taking proper care of my I20's source of funds for my studies. I am totally downhearted rightnow but life continues. Will post my brilliant interview soon.

Please what mistake of source of fund did they made on ur I-20.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by odowetalu(m): 3:38pm On Jun 07, 2013
I finally got July 8th is there anyone that day in Abuja? And do I need to pay another SEVIS fee because I have applied to a different school and it hasn't expired.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mario2575: 3:47pm On Jun 07, 2013
All the best man..The visa is yours !
coachee1: so nobody wants to wish me success on my interview ten days away...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mario2575: 3:50pm On Jun 07, 2013
Do you have yahoo IM ? Add me up mario2575..cheers
De Tus: @mario, how do i accept ur request? Can't open my mail at d moment. I've got a facebk id but won't give it out here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 3:57pm On Jun 07, 2013
odowetalu: I finally got July 8th is there anyone that day in Abuja? And do I need to pay another SEVIS fee because I have applied to a different school and it hasn't expired.

No you dont
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by odowetalu(m): 4:06pm On Jun 07, 2013
fittty:

No you dont

But I think my I20 number has changed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by onipedey(m): 4:06pm On Jun 07, 2013
coachee1: so nobody wants to wish me success on my interview ten days away...
All da best broda,u will get it IJN and same for everyone going for interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 4:40pm On Jun 07, 2013
imperiouxx:

Do you have any relative in US? If no, then your answer stands as "NO". If you do but lied, then I'm afraid.
I finally got to see the face of almighty imperiouxx on his NL profile.grin
Its a pleasure, sir. cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:42pm On Jun 07, 2013
bigfrancis21:
I finally got to see the face of almighty imperiouxx on his NL profile.grin
Its a pleasure, sir. cool

Oh my picture on my NL profile..... grin It's been there for almost 2 weeks. I know I'm ugly but I take my ugliness with pride. grin

I've been so much busy, master's level almost done.... poppa, job and doctorate level are next on my mind. I got to live up to expectation. Best of luck my dear friend.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 4:48pm On Jun 07, 2013
Feexo: @Bigfrancis,Can I have your email? I have got some questions for you.....

beaudefrax at yahoo dot co dot uk
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 4:49pm On Jun 07, 2013
gr8ever: @Justwise... Is there a way i can view all the post i like??
grin grin
Oga Seun never carry nairaland reach that level.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 4:49pm On Jun 07, 2013
Just one day away and the thread has gone 3 extra pages. Got lotta catching up to do.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:54pm On Jun 07, 2013
bigfrancis21: Just one day away and the thread has gone 3 extra pages. Got lotta catching up to do.

Me too, I missed 2 days and got 7 thread pages to catch up with. The thread is growing fast these days.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 5:13pm On Jun 07, 2013
theHanafis: Hi every one,Big francis and co.I hav checked out the university of Rhode Island admission guidelines and I think they don't accept notarize transcript.After an online upload of documents and transcript,they stil require an official transcript send by the school.pls can any 1 help me with list of oda schools that give full funding for Msc in Mechanical Engineering Mayors?

See, notarization of any documents is only optional. You only notarize a document if the school so demands for it. If they don't need notarization, bone it. Shikena. Notarization shouldn't be a reason for selection of your schools. Unless, you're telling me you're trying to save costs on multiple transcript fees which may be costly to obtain in your school. Asides that, its no reason to say you can't apply to URI because they don't ask for notarized copies. Some US schools demand for transcripts from your UG university direct and they convert it to their 4-point scale themselves there in the school. Schools in this category don't accept outside transcript translations from external bodies such as WES etc. They rather do the translation themselves. While some other US schools ask for already translated transcript copies made by external bodies such as WES. Some will ask for scanned copies of your transcripts and if given admission you mail hard copies later. Its all about knowing what your prospective school wants, and adhering to their demands. All the 3 schools I applied to never asked for notarized copies, neither did they ask for WES translations. They wanted it raw and straight from my school and I had it sent to them from my school.

My colleague just applied to the University of Rhode Island for M.Sc Mechanical Engineering come fall 2014. And they're promising him funding because he applied early. He applied as exactly as they demanded. If URI requires online scanning, you do as they say. You scan a copy of your student transcript and upload to them. It must not be an official transcript that you scan. As a prospective US post graduate student, you ought to have a personal student copy of your transcripts with you, ready to be brandished anywhere anytime when the need arises. Even when going for your student visa, its important you go along with it because the VO might ask out of the blues to see your UG transcripts.

As for your list, many US schools that offer full funding to post graduate students extend it to all departments. You might want to try University of Alabama, University of Connecticut, Louisiana state university, University of Tennessee.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 07, 2013
At last !! Thank God, I finally registered for TOEFL today. with premium pack value. Im glad.. Gr8ever padi mi, i don get materials and online practise.. #july26onmymind.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 5:33pm On Jun 07, 2013
lisadem:

Please Ojab I need more clarification. What about a case where someone's brother once lived in the US but not living there anymore.do I still need to fill in the ds-160 that He's still living there? Here is my case: I once applied for a visitor visa when my brother was living in the US but denied, also applied for F1 visa last month (filling in the form that I have no relative since he's moved out of the US) but was also denied.I remember the VO reiterating, do you have any relative in the US? And I kept saying NO. Please am at a loss now. How do I go about the relative -ish? Please come to my rescue.

lisadem:

Thanks imperiouxx. I have no reason to lie. I just explained my case. It's just kinda complicated. He got a green card recently but the truth still remains that He's moved to Ghana on job transfer (his job demands that he gets transferred to a different region every 3 years. Ghana is his 4th destination). I presented him as my sponsor in my last interview and there I guess the VO must have noticed the discrenpacies after delving into his details. I was advised to change to a local sponsor but I still want to be sure the issue of 'relative in the US' won't be an -ish. I need your advice imperiouxx

You are the cause of your continued visa denial. You're being denied visa simply out of inconsistency, or rather, do I say 'dishonesty' from the angle of the VO. If I'm correct, when you first applied for a visiting visa, you included that you have a brother living in the US who's a resident. And the second time you went you said 'no', probably because he was on transfer to Ghana (or maybe you felt that you got denied the first time because of immigrant intent as you mentioned you have a brother living in the united states who can file for you, so you decided to claim 'no' subsequently so that the VO will not think you have immigrant intent). The third time you said 'no' again. Now don't forget that all your past interview records and visits to the US embassy are stored on the embassy's database such that each time you return to the embassy and do your finger printing, all your past records immediately comes up. Meaning that during your last interview, the visa officer saw your past applications and the inconsistency on his system and kept asking you again the same question to which you said no. He simply expected your reply to tally with that of your first interview or first DS-160. Someone on this thread got denied at the embassy 4 good times due to this same inconsistency mistake she was making. And when she finally realized her mistake and went back again, she came out clean and gave consistent answers, the VO granted her her visa.

The visa officer expects that your answers be consistent with the former each time you conduct subsequent interviews at the embassy. Any sign of 'dishonesty' or inconsistency on your part, they deny you quickly. Having said this, your reply to the VO when he asked you whether you have a relative in the US should have been simply, 'Yes' just for the sake of consistency. Or you would have said, 'yes, but he's currently in ghana on transfer'. Don't forget that even though your brother's currently in ghana, he's still a permanent resident of the United states. Since, you have already answered yes the first time that you have a relative in the US, please still keep to that. Coming later to say no will be seen as dishonesty by the VO. And he'll deny you. Sorry, but that's how the system works. He has to keep it. Your story might be credible but he's acting on orders.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 5:34pm On Jun 07, 2013
Amefrica: At last !! Thank God, I finally registered for TOEFL today. with premium pack value. Im glad.. Gr8ever padi mi, i don get materials and online practise.. #july26onmymind.

How did you register?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jun 07, 2013
@fidelia.john, r u still asking? Well, if u r a guy then u r a wussy hahahaha. I look forward to the spring session now. Not desperate at all. I know i'll land in the US. But I want to live like a king over there. I want to live off campus. I want to buy a gud ride etc...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 07, 2013
bigfrancis21:

How did you register?

Someone did it 4 me, n i av gotten all types of confirmation, registration no, plus ticket..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jun 07, 2013
@mario, i got it. Am gonna add u pretty cool! Stay cool n keep d ball rolling! C ya!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 5:55pm On Jun 07, 2013
Amefrica: Is this WAEC GCE result good for admission..
Maths- B3
Eng- C6
Govt- C5
Lit-in-eng- C5
C.R.S- C5
YOR- C4
Bio- C6
Agric Sci- AB(I was abominably ill)
Econs- D7...
Pls talk o. Is dis nt too bad ?

From your result, you're clearly an arts student. You passed the necessary subjects that are prerequisites for arts courses. You're good to go. I don't expect you to apply for a science-related course or economics when you didn't write chemistry and physics, and made a D7 in economics.

However, I'm not sure your grade in English is high enough to grant you a waiver from writing the TOEFL from your school should you demand for it. Because if you demand for a TOEFL waiver, your grade in English in WAEC is what might be considered to grant you your request. I see you've already registered for the TOEFL, you're good to go then.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 07, 2013
I really don't care if "imperiouxx" is ugly or not. He remains our "President" here. He's very gifted and he works so hard. He deserves a good American chick, lol.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 6:06pm On Jun 07, 2013
valentijay: Hello everyone. I just got admitted into two american universities both in georgia for my masters degree programme.i used the I-20 of a particular one to get visa and now, I hav no interest in going there anymore. Can I just go to resume in the other school? What is the procedure for the transfer. Must I resume at the school whose I-20 I used in getting visa before I could transfer to another school or what? pls I really need your help as this is very urgent

You'll need to get to the US first and report to your first school before you can start your transfer process. I think its possible you get to the US early enough before your first school resumes so as to officially report to them and initiate the transfer process immediately, and complete it before both schools resume for the semester. That way you won't get to lose any semester in your second school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jun 07, 2013
bigfrancis21:

From your result, you're clearly an arts student. You passed the necessary subjects that are prerequisites for arts courses. You're good to go. I don't expect you to apply for a science-related course or economics when you didn't write chemistry and physics, and made a D7 in economics.

However, I'm not sure your grade in English is high enough to grant you a waiver from writing the TOEFL from your school should you demand for it. Because if you demand for a TOEFL waiver, your grade in English in WAEC is what might be considered to grant you your request. I see you've already registered for the TOEFL, you're good to go then.

thanks bro, i want to take intl rel or pol sci. Plus what next after registration..? I need advice
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 6:11pm On Jun 07, 2013
imperiouxx:

Oh my picture on my NL profile..... grin It's been there for almost 2 weeks. I know I'm ugly but I take my ugliness with pride. grin

I've been so much busy, master's level almost done.... poppa, job and doctorate level are next on my mind. I got to live up to expectation. Best of luck my dear friend.

Hahaha. Who says you're ugly? You're not o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 6:15pm On Jun 07, 2013
Amefrica:

thanks bro, i want to take intl rel or pol sci. Plus what next after registration..? I need advice
Prepare for your TOEFL examination and write it. You then search and come up with a list of, say, 3/4 schools of your choice which you feel you're qualified for after you must have gone through their website and seen their admission requirements. Note that some schools will demand for SAT while some will not. Unless you strategically choose to apply only to the no-SAT schools. You apply, pay the application fee using your mastercard atm card, and send in your ssce result and whatever documents they require.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smartguy1759: 6:18pm On Jun 07, 2013
smartguy1759: Please gurus in the house, I want to find out if working wit a multinational company(in fact, a US based coy) here in Nigeria could be viewed as being a 'potential immigrant'. Please, I need ur views.
please pple, @OjaP, @imperioux and the rest, please don't leave my post unattended to...

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.