Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,760 members, 7,851,596 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:08 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (489458 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jun 24, 2013
just back from the embassy. Chinko lady oooooooooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eucharia64: 2:58pm On Jun 24, 2013
annoymous: just back from the embassy. Chinko lady oooooooooo
what did the chinko lady do ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jun 24, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Its simple. All you have to do is have your ATM card ready(GTB preferably), and an account on www.ets.org then you call ETS and register. Yes, its that simple. You'll register at the official GRE fee. No more need for agents who will charge you extra 20g on top of the official ETS fee. Your call shouldn't last more than 12minutes.

Go to page 99 of this thread. I explained it very well there. The number to call is also there. Many members on this forum have registered through the same means after being told.

There's no more need for US relative or First logic. Either way, the process will take long. There's the register by phone option which is faster, more efficient and stress-free. All you have to do is recharge your phone, like N750, call ETS and register! cheesy

I think one can just fill out the form and click on BUY in the case of TOEFL. I wasted money calling them for 10mins only for the guy to be asking me info I have for confirmation. Since he will just click on BUY, I can do as well here. UBA Visa card isn't working and I moved the cash to Fidelity, the owner has changed to Verve. So tomorrow, he will move it to my brother's as his is still attached to visa. We will see tomorrow! Just to register for an exam oh!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 3:13pm On Jun 24, 2013
ferdimako:

I think one can just fill out the form and click on BUY in the case of TOEFL. I wasted money calling them for 10mins only for the guy to be asking me info I have for confirmation. Since he will just click on BUY, I can do as well here. UBA Visa card isn't working and I moved the cash to Fidelity, the owner has changed to Verve. So tomorrow, he will move it to my brother's as his is still attached to visa. We will see tomorrow! Just to register for an exam oh!

A friend of mine used UBA visa card then,is not working out for him i had to advise him to use Fidelity visa card and they accepted it immediately.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 3:14pm On Jun 24, 2013
Hello guys, I hail you all. Pls I need the Gurus here
on this issue,

I intend going for my Visa interview Next month so
I'm getting warmed up for that Memorable day.

I intend studying Business Administration and
Management at Undergraduate Level. I am 22 years
old to be precised.

I actually graduated from High school in July 2007
and I went to a computer school for 6 months.

I intend working on closing the gap because the VO
will definately ask me what have I been doing since
2007. So I want to be prepared for this.

Pls I need your help on this questions;

1. I intend telling the VO that I worked with my
Uncle who happens to be my sponsor from October
2007 to March 2013. And while I was working with
him I went for a weekend computer course as well
which lasted for 6 months. Will this be Okay?.

OR

Should I tell the VO that I worked in his company
between the Year January 2008 to January 3, 2012
and later went to a 6 months computer school from
January 10 2012 to June 2012.

Pls which of the above mentioned is Much better to
close the gap. Or if you have better suggestions and
ideas for me I will gladly appreciate..

My Second Question;

2. My uncle construct buildings and he is also into
Real estate and I'm using his company's Bank
statement.

What should I say is my job Title and Functions or Duties?

3. How is the Above mentioned Occupation which
my Uncle does related to my Course which is
Business Administration & Management?

4. Also, If asked how Much does my sponsor Earn
annually and Monthly, Pls which figure is better for
me to say?

I intend getting a Letter of Sponsorship and Letter of Employment to take along to the Embassy to back this issue up.

This Issue is a very VITAL one so that is why I came
here for you guys to help me out so that I don't
Regret saying something I wouldn't have said in my
interview.

Please guys I'm counting on u all, I trust u all. I know you will all definately come up with smart ideas for me, as I have seen u all trashing so many issues like this here.

Thnx guys..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Datty85: 3:20pm On Jun 24, 2013
Got approved today by the guy in counter 7.....am so happy. Will give u guys the details later. Make I go eat first
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by abbey121: 3:24pm On Jun 24, 2013
Can't believe i got my VISA today even without GRE upon how worried i was . thanks @bigfrancis you were the one who lightened up my dampened spirit when i was so worried and posted here about having only TOEFL . it was just like magic prayer actually work i am not the praying type , but my little prayers God did hear i am overjoyed . reading Nairaland is all the experience you need and praying to God is the ultimate even reading the Bible things i never usually did , God also hears a sinners prayer if you are sincere . Though i am always silent here not saying much just reading , but i want to thank all of you who contribute to this blog even when most of you already have your lives going well in USA . keep it going people and continue been of help to strangers you have done well for me and i thank you all

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 3:25pm On Jun 24, 2013
Datty85: Got approved today by the guy in counter 7.....am so happy. Will give u guys the details later. Make I go eat first

Congrats and do have a wonderful stay in the United States.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 3:26pm On Jun 24, 2013
abbey121: Can't believe i got my VISA today even without GRE upon how worried i was . thanks @bigfrancis you were the one who lightened up my dampened spirit when i was so worried and posted here about having only TOEFL . it was just like magic prayer actually work i am not the praying type , but my little prayers God did hear i am overjoyed . reading Nairaland is all the experience you need and praying to God is the ultimate even reading the Bible things i never usually did , God also hears a sinners prayer if you are sincere . Though i am always silent here not saying much just reading , but i want to thank all of you who contribute to this blog even when most of you already have your lives going well in USA . keep it going people and continue been of help to strangers you have done well for me and i thank you all

Congrats and have a wonderful stay in the US.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by onipedey(m): 3:29pm On Jun 24, 2013
Congrats @Datty85 n @abbey121,all glory to God.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 3:31pm On Jun 24, 2013
abbey121: Can't believe i got my VISA today even without GRE upon how worried i was . thanks @bigfrancis you were the one who lightened up my dampened spirit when i was so worried and posted here about having only TOEFL . it was just like magic prayer actually work i am not the praying type , but my little prayers God did hear i am overjoyed . reading Nairaland is all the experience you need and praying to God is the ultimate even reading the Bible things i never usually did , God also hears a sinners prayer if you are sincere . Though i am always silent here not saying much just reading , but i want to thank all of you who contribute to this blog even when most of you already have your lives going well in USA . keep it going people and continue been of help to strangers you have done well for me and i thank you all
can we av d transcript of the interview pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jun 24, 2013
babsharon:
I used fidelity bank visa card and registered through phone call, pay in †̥o Ur UBA account that u av their visa card, then u мαкє α call †̥o their office !!! The duration of call can be around 10mins I think. Cheers bro

I think once it's a visa card, you can buy from here. No need calling and wasting cash.I shall do it tomorrow.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 24, 2013
eucharia64:
what did the chinko lady do ooo

lolz. just kidding. I didn't see any Chinko lady. interview was in Lagos. appointment was for 10.30. got to the embassy around 8 and immediately joined the queue. after like 30 mins I was bounced as they had not called 10.30 interviewees yet. anyways, eventually got in and overheard a few funny interviews. a couple had stamped fake Turkish visas onto their passports to give the VO the impression that they had travelled out before and were nabbed, and banned from ever entering the USA. this is how my interview went

VO - (with a wide grin) Good afternoon
me - good afternoon
VO - pls pass your documents
VO - why are you going to the US
me - I'm going to study for a masters degree in Public health
VO - why public health
me - most of the diseases that affect us are largely preventable diseases like malaria blah blah
VO - okay. what school
me - Harvard University
VO- why did you choose Harvard?
me - (lyk srzly?) it was a very easy decision for me
VO - (started laughing uncontrollably and gave me thumbs up) I feel you (something like that, can't remember for certain - that was the high point of my interview)
VO - did you do GRE
me - yes (didn't ask for my score)
VO - did you apply to other schools
me - yes
VO - how do u plan to pay for your masters
me - I got a loan from the school and my father will cover the shortfall
VO - what does your father do?
me - told her
VO - what university did you finish from
me - told her
VO - what course
me - told her
VO - what are the other schools you applied to?
me - told her all the other schools. she didn't ask for accepts or rejects
VO - pick up your visa on Thursday blah blah. and good luck at Harvard.
me - thank you

she didn't request to see any documents. and she was even telling a lot of interviewees that she didn't need the documents when they extended dem without her prompting

all the best to others going for their interviews soon

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eucharia64: 3:51pm On Jun 24, 2013
annoymous:

lolz. just kidding. I didn't see any Chinko lady. interview was in Lagos. appointment was for 10.30. got to the embassy around 8 and immediately joined the queue. after like 30 mins I was bounced as they had not called 10.30 interviewees yet. anyways, eventually got in and overheard a few funny interviews. a couple had stamped fake Turkish visas onto their passports to give the VO the impression that they had travelled out before and were nabbed, and banned from ever entering the USA. this is how my interview went

me - good afternoon
VO - why public health
me - most of the diseases that affect us are largely preventable diseases like malaria blah blah
VO - okay. what school
me - Harvard University
VO - (started laughing uncontrollably and gave me thumbs up) I feel you (something like that, can't remember for certain - that was the high point of my interview)
VO - did you do GRE
me - yes
me - told her
me - told her
VO - what course
me - told her
me - thank you

she didn't request to see any documents. and she was even telling a lot of interviewees that she didn't need the documents when they extended dem without her prompting

Nice one ooo. Amen to us all. Mine is in two weeks time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 24, 2013
Oh great! That's so fantastic. Congrats. Do have a wonderful stay in the US.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by riverboy: 3:59pm On Jun 24, 2013
wetin i bin talk? this week na so so good testomonies we go they hear!!!!! congrats:annoymous,abey121,datty85.... abeg abeg we need more good news.. @annymous only the name of ur school self ws ur selling point..lol. ppl dnt get me wrong oda skools are also good. wish all yall going for ur interviews success!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by onipedey(m): 4:04pm On Jun 24, 2013
Congrats annoymous

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FindOut(m): 4:49pm On Jun 24, 2013
Congrats to all who have gotten their visas.

I have a question I might as well ask here & I hope the house including Anonymous & especially those over there can provide answers. I've done my own research but I still want to know more.

Ques: How lucrative is an MPH degree (concentration: Health Policy & Management) in the US especially & Nigeria? Especially for someone whose first degree is NOT Medicine/Nursing/Pharmacy.....but in the core sciences (Microbiology).

Thanks.

Secondly, Is it worth going for at the expense of foregoing an MS in Safety Management?

Level of interest in both Safety Management & HPM are almost equal so it comes down mainly to the issue of the kind of jobs available after graduation.

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by abbey121: 5:10pm On Jun 24, 2013
i remember i saw you , the guy on pink .. i like it when you you said it was a very easy decision for me ( choosing Harvard )she was laughing and amazed you got into Hatrvard i heard all your interview live and you did nice to reenact it exactly cos i heard it all . congratulations my guy on pink

annoymous:

me - good afternoon
VO - why public health
VO - okay. what school
me - Harvard University
VO - did you do GRE
me - yes
me - told her
so you are a nairalander too wow . heard all your interview you were the guy on pink . i lke

me - told her
VO - what course
me - told her
me - thank you

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by obsy2020: 5:19pm On Jun 24, 2013
Congrats to datty, annoymous and all those who got their visas today.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jun 24, 2013
babsharon:

A friend of mine used UBA visa card then,is not working out for him i had to advise him to use Fidelity visa card and they accepted it immediately.

Fidelity's did not work for me today oh.It's saying invalid credit card number.Any hope from your side and I think I can do it here.Don't wanna call anybody again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by topzy2000: 5:23pm On Jun 24, 2013
Congrats everyone.

For those still waiting for theirs, we shall all tell similar stories by the grace of God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Datty85: 5:26pm On Jun 24, 2013
Had a 10.30 appointment at Abuja... Got there by 9 Had to wait till 12 for 10.30 interviewees to be called. Did all the necessary security checks blah blah blah
VO- Goodafternoon
Me- Hello
VO - pass me ur documents
Me- I did with a smile
VO (was typing for one minute) oh sorry.. So u r going to Siue(southern Illinois university Edwardsville)
Me- yeah
VO - why r u going to the us
Me - to pursue a masters degree in industrial engineering
VO - why siue?
Me- Siue provides advanced research work in manufacturing processes and product design which is my intended area of specialization...shikena
VO- good..so did u check out any other schools
Me- yeah
VO- how many and name dem
Me- Asu, siue,Coventry university Uk
VO- which of dem gave u admission aside from siue
Me-Coventry university uk
VO - so ur program is for 2 years?
Me- no 29 months
VO - good.. So any relatives in the US?
Me- yeah ...I have a sister
VO- what does she do? School or work?
Me- she works at blah blah at blah blah state
VO- ok ( starts typing for some secs and says) ur visa is approved..collect at this address in 2days and hands me a paper.
Me- thanks a bunch sir.

Please for those going for theirs soon...try as much as possible to be confident and truthful. And pls don't chew gum o....the chinko lady rejected a guy I met there just cos he was chewing while answering her questions. The lady rugged no be small and cute too...hahahahahahahha

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 5:28pm On Jun 24, 2013
ferdimako:

Fidelity's did not work for me today oh.It's saying invalid credit card number.Any hope from your side and I think I can do it here.Don't wanna call anybody again.

Call and book with fidelity visa card. Using d card on their payment won't work bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 24, 2013
babsharon:

Call and book with fidelity visa card. Using d card on their payment won't work bro.

Really? I guess the guy was doing what I can do here but I will do as you said tomorrow.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 5:33pm On Jun 24, 2013
Congrats †̥o datty85 and annoymous !!! More †̥o come from u guys... Cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 5:35pm On Jun 24, 2013
ferdimako:

Really? I guess the guy was doing what I can do here but I will do as you said tomorrow.

Yeah do that !!! Very easy and u will really enjoy d conversation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 5:45pm On Jun 24, 2013
Congrats to @annoymus and the rest who got approved today...

More testimonies to come in Jesus name!(mine included)

We are all favored!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jun 24, 2013
babsharon:

Yeah do that !!! Very easy and u will really enjoy d conversation.

I did today but without a nice outcome. Does ur Fidelity debit card have 16 digits?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 6:04pm On Jun 24, 2013

Yayyy! Congrats Abbey! You did it. I'm so happy to hear this. Wishing you all the best!

I've been so busy today and was away all these while. It was a member from this thread who just pinged me now to tell me the lots of good news flowing into this forum. Had to rush and come and see for myself. Good news everywhere.

Anybody who goes through this thread has no reason not to get his visa. The thread is as informative as it can get.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 6:08pm On Jun 24, 2013
annoymous:

me - good afternoon
VO - why public health
VO - okay. what school
me - Harvard University
VO - did you do GRE
me - yes
me - told her
me - told her
VO - what course
me - told her
me - thank you

Congrats Harvardite! I always knew your own case was already an approval. grin
Congrats!!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.