Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,774 members, 7,851,639 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:25 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (489464 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jun 23, 2013
@Tinuowo, yeah sure. Filling another form is absolutely necessary!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 12:24pm On Jun 23, 2013
vivysparkles:

I jus finished filling mine and ders no question like do you belong to any tribe? Under what section did u find that question?

Wow!!! I guess u didn't spot it. You will see it in the section before security and background information. It is at the down part... Take ur time and check, u will see it there....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eduson002(m): 12:34pm On Jun 23, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Wow!!! I guess u didn't spot it. You will see it in the section before security and background information. It is at the down part... Take ur time and check, u will see it there....
Ricky,I need to ask u some questions abt courier plus.If u on bbm pls drop ur pin or YIM. Thanks buddY.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 12:56pm On Jun 23, 2013
tinuowo: but I av already booked my appointment. Is't that I should fill another ds-160 b4 the interview date cos of this mistake?

Bro, let me assist you, follow this procedures on filling another DS 160 form; I guess you won't be having much problem anymore after following this steps;

Filling another DS160 has nothing to do with your booked appointment date. Go to DS160 webpage
https://ceac.state.gov/GENNIV.

Select your location, then on the lower right corner of your screen, click on "retrieve an application"(if you opt for "retrieve an application", you won't have to start filling-in your information from scratch on the DS160 i.e. Some of your information on your previous DS160 will be carried-over to the new
DS160).

You'll be required to enter your old
application id which is also same as your
confirmation number, some security questions would also be asked. After answering the security question and clicking on "retrieve application",
you'll have an option to "view confirmation page" OR "create a new application".

Select "create a new application" and click "continue" so you can
carry on from there...Note that another DS160 confirmation number will be generated.

Go to the appointment booking site: http://
www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-
appointmentschedule.asp log into your profile, on the left pane on your screen click on "update
profile" and change your DS160 confirmation number to the new one.

You will notice in your profile that your appointment date is fixed except
you decide to reschedule. I wish you all the best in your interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 1:20pm On Jun 23, 2013
eduson002: Ricky,I need to ask u some questions abt courier plus.If u on bbm pls drop ur pin or YIM. Thanks buddY.

Bro, I tried sending you my BB pin to ur nairaland inbox but it was not possible.

Drop ur email, so I can send u ma bb pin to ur inbox now...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eduson002(m): 1:27pm On Jun 23, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Bro, I tried sending you my BB pin to ur nairaland inbox but it was not possible.

Drop ur email, so I can send u ma bb pin to ur inbox now...
eduson002@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Morris(m): 1:29pm On Jun 23, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 1:36pm On Jun 23, 2013
eduson002: eduson002@yahoo.com

Sent!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by valentijay: 2:32pm On Jun 23, 2013
riverboy: @valentijay... once u get ur i-20, go for ur interview after u get ur visa do as ricky rozay said, ie u transfer to another good school. i had a mistake on my 1st i-20, i mailed my school n they later sent me a new one via fedex n i didnt pay a kobo,even my normal school application fee was waived for me.. wish u success
That is exactly what I'm going to do. The only problem is. ...can I transfer to another school without first attending the school on my visa?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by valentijay: 2:59pm On Jun 23, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

@Valentijay, Seriously bro, if your parents or sponsor are NOT financially bouyant, it will be very difficult for you to cope with this school...

For crying out loud, they made a mistake on your i-20 and the mistake came from them and they are still giving you stupid conditions.... Veryy annoying.

This people will throw you out of their school Someday if you miss payment of tuition fee for a given period... I dislike schools like this. They are too money conscious..

This school WON'T joke with tuition fee ooo. They won't give you a breathing space.

There are Lots of schools in US that ACCEPT installmental payment of tuiton fee. You will just have to sign up for it.

I will advice you, If you are NOT financially buoyant, Just use them to get your visa and start looking for a better school without crazy conditions, and transfer to the New school..

That's just the fact I will tell u for now

Cheers bro.
Thanks boss. I've already started looking for other schools. The sad thing is. ...I will have to attend d school on my visa for at least a semester before I can transfer to another school or Is that not the transfer procedure?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 3:21pm On Jun 23, 2013
valentijay:
Thanks boss. I've already started looking for other schools. The sad thing is. ...I will have to attend d school on my visa for at least a semester before I can transfer to another school or Is that not the transfer procedure?

Yea, I think so. Because they will need to transfer your credit from your Old School, to the New school.

That is why it is always advisable to search for cheap schools and also Most IMPORTANTLY put into consideration their per semester tuition fee, if it is affordable..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ystd4567: 3:46pm On Jun 23, 2013
Hello house,

Wish everyone scheduled to have their visa interview this week success. It's a great week filled positive testimonies!

Is anyone flying to ATL through delta air come july 23?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 23, 2013
Has anybody paid directly online for TOEFL? I see visa only or should I just forget it and call regional office in the Netherlands and give the operator my GT Naira debit card details? I plan to register tomorrow. My IELTS score is bad.I don't know what happened oh.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 5:33pm On Jun 23, 2013
ferdimako: Has anybody paid directly online for TOEFL? I see visa only or should I just forget it and call regional office in the Netherlands and give the operator my GT Naira debit card details? I plan to register tomorrow. My IELTS score is bad.I don't know what happened oh.

Try Ur Debit visa card on the payment page, if that is not working then u can call their office in Netherlands †̥o book for u via phone call.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nomso27(m): 5:36pm On Jun 23, 2013
hello fellow nairalanders, please I need your help.....hw does someone with an 1-20 form for us university start the visa application process ? does he or she start by paying the servis fee or filling ds-1-60 form. . . .thanks nd peace
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 5:45pm On Jun 23, 2013
ferdimako: Has anybody paid directly online for TOEFL? I see visa only or should I just forget it and call regional office in the Netherlands and give the operator my GT Naira debit card details? I plan to register tomorrow. My IELTS score is bad.I don't know what happened oh.

TOEFL website accepts on Visa cards not Master cards!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 5:47pm On Jun 23, 2013
nomso27: hello fellow nairalanders, please I need your help.....hw does someone with an 1-20 form for us university start the visa application process ? does he or she start by paying the servis fee or filling ds-1-60 form. . . .thanks nd peace

No particular order
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nomso27(m): 6:03pm On Jun 23, 2013
No@fittty. . . . .there must be an order so i heard. . . .because the servis payment nomba is needed in filling the ds-160 form. . . . .help who knw hw ? cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by virginice: 6:17pm On Jun 23, 2013
U pay sevis first ($200) den u pay apointment fee @ any gtb den ds160 den book apointmnt
nomso27: hello fellow nairalanders, please I need your help.....hw does someone with an 1-20 form for us university start the visa application process ? does he or she start by paying the servis fee or filling ds-1-60 form. . . .thanks nd peace
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jun 23, 2013
fittty:

TOEFL website accepts on Visa cards not Master cards!

Do you mean online or over the phone? I have a UBA visa debit card. Could that be used?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jun 23, 2013
babsharon:

Try Ur Debit visa card on the payment page, if that is not working then u can call their office in Netherlands †̥o book for u via phone call.

I'll put the cash in my UBA acct tomorrow because I've their Visa debit card.I hope that works.Which one exactly did you use? Which card? Online or on the phone?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nomso27(m): 6:28pm On Jun 23, 2013
Thanks virgin ice. . . . . .i think the servis fee is payable at GT bank too ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 23, 2013
nomso27: Thanks virgin ice. . . . . .i think the servis fee is payable at GT bank too ?

Hell no!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nomso27(m): 6:44pm On Jun 23, 2013
@virgin ice. . .
Is it online ? Please how ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 7:27pm On Jun 23, 2013
ferdimako:

I'll put the cash in my UBA acct tomorrow because I've their Visa debit card.I hope that works.Which one exactly did you use? Which card? Online or on the phone?
I used fidelity bank visa card and registered through phone call, pay in †̥o Ur UBA account that u av their visa card, then u мαкє α call †̥o their office !!! The duration of call can be around 10mins I think. Cheers bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 7:29pm On Jun 23, 2013
nomso27: Thanks virgin ice. . . . . .i think the servis fee is payable at GT bank too ?
You can't pay sevis @ GTB !!! Either somebody abroad pay for u or u go †̥o cotonou @ benin rep †̥o pay urself.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jun 23, 2013
babsharon:
I used fidelity bank visa card and registered through phone call, pay in †̥o Ur UBA account that u av their visa card, then u мαкє α call †̥o their office !!! The duration of call can be around 10mins I think. Cheers bro

Thanks.Have you taken it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 7:40pm On Jun 23, 2013
ferdimako:

Thanks.Have you taken it?
Next month.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nomso27(m): 7:40pm On Jun 23, 2013
Okay thanks virgin ice
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jun 23, 2013
babsharon:
Next month.

Okay, me too.July 13.Goodluck to us!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 7:45pm On Jun 23, 2013
ferdimako:

Okay, me too.July 13.Goodluck to us!
Amen !!! Which study pack are u using??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 23, 2013
babsharon:
Amen !!! Which study pack are u using??

Am using online stuff.

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.