Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,733 members, 7,851,520 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:21 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (489448 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 8:20pm On Jun 23, 2013
ferdimako:

Am using online stuff.
Are u on bbm?? I want †̥o ask something from u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jun 23, 2013
babsharon:
Are u on bbm?? I want †̥o ask something from u

No.You can get to me via my e-mail addy and it's on my profile.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 8:45pm On Jun 23, 2013
ystd4567: Hello house,

Wish everyone scheduled to have their visa interview this week success. It's a great week filled positive testimonies!

Is anyone flying to ATL through delta air come july 23?
no joo..na emirate be d deal lol..any1 goin to JFK via emirate on july 21st
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by virginice: 9:07pm On Jun 23, 2013
There r 2 ways. U can either contact any of ur frnds abroad to help u pay and u give d person ur details(som1 trustworthy) or u go to eco bank in cotonou (som peeps av done dat). These ar d only means...
nomso27: @virgin ice. . .
Is it online ? Please how ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 9:18pm On Jun 23, 2013
nomso27: No@fittty. . . . .there must be an order so i heard. . . .because the servis payment nomba is needed in filling the ds-160 form. . . . .help who knw hw ? cry

@Nomso27: There is actually no particular order. You decide how you want it but will advise you do both simultaneously.
To clear your doubt or misunderstanding, what's needed to fill your ds-160 form is just your sevis ID showing on your I-20 and that same id/no is required while making payment for your sevis I-901.
The sevis payment can be made at the neigbouring country seme or preferably, you ask a relative/friend abroad to pay it for you. It costs $200. You take a decision and the house will expatiate on it. Story planti...
You can start filling your ds-160 form now and it isn't mandatory you fill it once, you can always log in and out but within 30 days.
My candid advice: make a MRV payment of 26,400 at any GTBank branch and proceed to the appointment website http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ to book an appointment since I expect u to have generated an application ID (from your ds-160), one of the requisites for booking... All da best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ystd4567: 9:55pm On Jun 23, 2013
@dkgetmuny

smiley I'm looking for a travel companion..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 10:14pm On Jun 23, 2013
ystd4567: @dkgetmuny

smiley I'm looking for a travel companion..
i know tho just kidding u...well ull make friends on board..just pray u av an interesting person beside u..cos i always engage my seat partner in convos if d person aiint boring
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kunlebal(m): 10:45pm On Jun 23, 2013
babsharon:
Amen !!! Which study pack are u using??

Please house, is it still possible for me to get admission to study MBA before the year runs out. I need urgent reply please, so that I can start the process
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by idalex: 11:06pm On Jun 23, 2013
Hello house,

pls how can someone register for GRE exams, I'll appreciate all contributions.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Snazzygirl: 11:12pm On Jun 23, 2013
@Kunlebal, if u plan to start this fall, it is not possible. Because, I don't think there is any application for fall 2013 still open. Have u written GMAT? U can check schools for Jan 2014.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kunlebal(m): 12:03am On Jun 24, 2013
Snazzygirl: @Kunlebal, if u plan to start this fall, it is not possible. Because, I don't think there is any application for fall 2013 still open. Have u written GMAT? U can check schools for Jan 2014.
Ok, january is not bad too. I have not done GMAT, please how can i go about GMAT stuff before January
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by jimtosam: 3:41am On Jun 24, 2013
ets.org

The only problem is that they don't accept any payment method from Nigeria.

Someone in US must help you to pay. If you can't get anyone, you can use FirstLogic.

idalex: Hello house,

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 8:09am On Jun 24, 2013

Its simple. All you have to do is have your ATM card ready(GTB preferably), and an account on www.ets.org then you call ETS and register. Yes, its that simple. You'll register at the official GRE fee. No more need for agents who will charge you extra 20g on top of the official ETS fee. Your call shouldn't last more than 12minutes.

Go to page 99 of this thread. I explained it very well there. The number to call is also there. Many members on this forum have registered through the same means after being told.

jimtosam: ets.org

Someone in US must help you to pay. If you can't get anyone, you can use FirstLogic.

There's no more need for US relative or First logic. Either way, the process will take long. There's the register by phone option which is faster, more efficient and stress-free. All you have to do is recharge your phone, like N750, call ETS and register! cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 8:14am On Jun 24, 2013

Its simple. All you have to do is have your ATM card ready(GTB preferably), and an account on www.ets.org then you call ETS and register. Yes, its that simple. You'll register at the official GRE fee. No more need for agents who will charge you extra 20g on top of the official ETS fee. Your call shouldn't last more than 12minutes.

Go to page 99 of this thread. I explained it very well there. The number to call is also there. Many members on this forum have registered through the same means after being told.

jimtosam: ets.org

There's no more need for US relative or First logic. Either way, the process will take long. There's the register by phone option which is faster, more efficient and stress-free. All you have to do is recharge your phone, like N750, call ETS and register! cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by theDonBee: 8:50am On Jun 24, 2013
nomso27: No@fittty. . . . .there must be an order so i heard. . . .because the servis payment nomba is needed in filling the ds-160 form. . . . .help who knw hw ? cry
You can conclude the DS160 without paying the SEVIS fee. Only the number is required in DS160. The payment is only required before appearing for interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by theDonBee: 8:55am On Jun 24, 2013
Hi guys, has anyone here applied or been admitted to Illinois State University. would love to share info
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by StFrank2(m): 9:48am On Jun 24, 2013
PLEASE DOES ALL UNIVERSITIES IN THE US REQUIRES THIS GRE EXAM? I REALLY NEED HELP HERE, LAST YEAR I APPLIED FOR K STATE UNI. I GOT MY I-20, GOT MY DAD BANK STATEMENT WITH LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP,BUT I WAS REFUSED VISA. PLS I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THIS, FIRST THEY ASKED WHAT I WANT TO STUDY AND I SAID FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT WHICH I ACTUALLY APPLIED FOR,BUT IN MY I-20 IT SAYS GENERAL STUDIES, WAS I SUPPOSE TO SAY GENERAL STUDIES OR FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT? THEY ALSO ASKED ME WHY I WANT TO STUDY ABROAD,THEY ALSO ASKED HOW MANY COURSES DOES THE SCHOOL OFFER? I DONT EVEN KNOW HOW MANY COURSES THE SCHOOL HAVE, SHE ALSO ASKED FEW MORE QUESTIONS WHICH I DID ANSWERED WELL. AFTER CONSULTING WITH HER MATES THEN SHE HANDED ME A SMALL NOTE STATING THAT I DID NOT DEMONSTRATE STRONG TIES OUTSIDE THE US AND SHE IS SORRY. PLEASE SOME1 HELP ME AS I'M SCARED TO REAPPLY AGAIN AND I'M SUPPOSE TO REPORT IN SCHOOL NO LATER THAN AUGUST THIS YEAR.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:24am On Jun 24, 2013
theDonBee: Hi guys, has anyone here applied or been admitted to Illinois State University. would love to share info
My guy I honestly think you can do a lot better than this school, some schools will just make getting the visa so hard. Rankings do matter and Its appalling how mostly Nigerians don't care, it would be sad to spend all that money on tuition and at the end of the day all you get is menial jobs.
If you're fixated on the state of Illinois try U of chicago, Northwestern, U of Illinois chicago and Depaul uni.
Take the standardized tests, write a good essay, get good recommendations and you'll most likely get into a top program. I personally wouldn't apply to a program if the school is not a top 30 ranked program. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by virginice: 10:28am On Jun 24, 2013
U did nt demonstrate strong ties to ur country means dat u sounded like an immigrant. Som1 who isn't willin to come bak home after study. U need to prove strong ties like to a job(dis is a study leave from ur workin place) or family(u r married, or an only child or firstchild or only boy/gurl etc) or ties to inheritance. Next time u go for interview, go to ur sch site and read d history of ur school and ur dept; location, courses dey offer, names of some professors dat'll take u, ur sch rank, anytin. U must av atleast one of d standardized test; GRE, TOEFL or GMAT to show to d VO dat u r serious abt ur study. Best of luck
St.Frank:
PLEASE DOES ALL UNIVERSITIES IN THE US REQUIRES THIS GRE EXAM? I REALLY NEED HELP HERE, LAST YEAR I APPLIED FOR K STATE UNI. I GOT MY I-20, GOT MY DAD BANK STATEMENT WITH LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP,BUT I WAS REFUSED VISA. PLS I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THIS, FIRST THEY ASKED WHAT I WANT TO STUDY AND I SAID FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT WHICH I ACTUALLY APPLIED FOR,BUT IN MY I-20 IT SAYS GENERAL STUDIES, WAS I SUPPOSE TO SAY GENERAL STUDIES OR FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT? THEY ALSO ASKED ME WHY I WANT TO STUDY ABROAD,THEY ALSO ASKED HOW MANY COURSES DOES THE SCHOOL OFFER? I DONT EVEN KNOW HOW MANY COURSES THE SCHOOL HAVE, SHE ALSO ASKED FEW MORE QUESTIONS WHICH I DID ANSWERED WELL. AFTER CONSULTING WITH HER MATES THEN SHE HANDED ME A SMALL NOTE STATING THAT I DID NOT DEMONSTRATE STRONG TIES OUTSIDE THE US AND SHE IS SORRY. PLEASE SOME1 HELP ME AS I'M SCARED TO REAPPLY AGAIN AND I'M SUPPOSE TO REPORT IN SCHOOL NO LATER THAN AUGUST THIS YEAR.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by tinuowo(f): 10:37am On Jun 24, 2013
Wow.... Thank yu!pls send me ur email address cos I heard dat I ll av to cancel the appointment fill another Ds-160

Bro, let me assist you, follow this procedures on filling another DS 160 form; I guess you won't be having much problem anymore after following this steps;

Filling another DS160 has nothing to do with your booked appointment date. Go to DS160 webpage
https://ceac.state.gov/GENNIV.

Select your location, then on the lower right corner of your screen, click on "retrieve an application"(if you opt for "retrieve an application", you won't have to start filling-in your information from scratch on the DS160 i.e. Some of your information on your previous DS160 will be carried-over to the new
DS160).

You'll be required to enter your old
application id which is also same as your
confirmation number, some security questions would also be asked. After answering the security question and clicking on "retrieve application",
you'll have an option to "view confirmation page" OR "create a new application".

Select "create a new application" and click "continue" so you can
carry on from there...Note that another DS160 confirmation number will be generated.

Go to the appointment booking site: http://
www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-
appointmentschedule.asp log into your profile, on the left pane on your screen click on "update
profile" and change your DS160 confirmation number to the new one.

You will notice in your profile that your appointment date is fixed except
you decide to reschedule. I wish you all the best in your interview.[/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by vivysparkles(f): 10:39am On Jun 24, 2013
Hi all, the section for additional questions under work/training just before security and background was skipped in my ds 160 form. The part where it asks if uve travelled to any countries before and if u belong to a clan or tribe, languages u speak etc...that section dint come up for me to fill. I've filled two ds160 and I still dint see that section. Should I be worried? Or does it depend on answers to ur previous questions?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 10:57am On Jun 24, 2013
tinuowo: Wow.... Thank yu!pls send me ur email address cos I heard dat I ll av to cancel the appointment fill another Ds-160

Bro, let me assist you, follow this procedures on filling another DS 160 form; I guess you won't be having much problem anymore after following this steps;

Filling another DS160 has nothing to do with your booked appointment date. Go to DS160 webpage
https://ceac.state.gov/GENNIV.

Select your location, then on the lower right corner of your screen, click on "retrieve an application"(if you opt for "retrieve an application", you won't have to start filling-in your information from scratch on the DS160 i.e. Some of your information on your previous DS160 will be carried-over to the new
DS160).

You'll be required to enter your old
application id which is also same as your
confirmation number, some security questions would also be asked. After answering the security question and clicking on "retrieve application",
you'll have an option to "view confirmation page" OR "create a new application".

Select "create a new application" and click "continue" so you can
carry on from there...Note that another DS160 confirmation number will be generated.

Go to the appointment booking site: http://
www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-
appointmentschedule.asp log into your profile, on the left pane on your screen click on "update
profile" and change your DS160 confirmation number to the new one.

You will notice in your profile that your appointment date is fixed except
you decide to reschedule. I wish you all the best in your interview.

@Tinuowo, That's NOT true. I booked my appointment on Friday for Next Month and I just filled another DS 160 form just yesterday.

I didn't cancel my Innitial appointment. My Interview is still scheduled for Next Month.

Drop your email, so I will contact you Now...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 10:59am On Jun 24, 2013
vivysparkles: Hi all, the section for additional questions under work/training just before security and background was skipped in my ds 160 form. The part where it asks if uve travelled to any countries before and if u belong to a clan or tribe, languages u speak etc...that section dint come up for me to fill. I've filled two ds160 and I still dint see that section. Should I be worried? Or does it depend on answers to ur previous questions?

Let me first ask what browser you use while filling the DS-160. I think Google Chrome is probably a better browser(my personal opinion though)

Or maybe you've not been patient enough while filling, because there are some parts of the form where you have to chill a bit for the browser to do a quick refresh before showing the next option.

You might wanna try using a different browser from the one you've used previously and be patient enough for the page to refresh when necessary.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 11:05am On Jun 24, 2013
vivysparkles: Hi all, the section for additional questions under work/training just before security and background was skipped in my ds 160 form. The part where it asks if uve travelled to any countries before and if u belong to a clan or tribe, languages u speak etc...that section dint come up for me to fill. I've filled two ds160 and I still dint see that section. Should I be worried? Or does it depend on answers to ur previous questions?

Change your Browser, those questions can't be skipped.. I hope u are NOT using a phone to fill it because this might cause this issue as well.

But change your Browser.. Use a different browser from the ones you have been using innitially to Fill those Previous DS 160 forms..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 11:07am On Jun 24, 2013
Hello guys, I hail you all. Pls I need the Gurus here on this issue,

I intend going for my Visa interview Next month so I'm getting warmed up for that Memorable day.

I intend studying Business Administration and Management at Undergraduate Level. I am 22 years old to be precised.

I actually graduated from High school in July 2007 and I went to a computer school for 6 months.

I intend working on closing the gap because the VO will definately ask me what have I been doing since 2007.
So I want to be prepared for this.

Pls I need your help on this questions;

1. I intend telling the VO that I worked with my Uncle who happens to be my sponsor from October 2007 to March 2013. And while I was working with him I went for a weekend computer course as well which lasted for 6 months. Will this be Okay?.

OR

Should I tell the VO that I worked in his company between the Year January 2008 to January 3, 2012 and later went to a 6 months computer school from January 10 2012 to June 2012.

Pls which of the above mentioned is Much better to close the gap. Or if you have better suggestions and ideas for me I will gladly appreciate..

My Second Question;

2. My uncle construct buildings and he is also into Real estate and I'm using his company's Bank statement.

What should I say is my job Title and Functions or Duties?

3. How is the Above mentioned Occupation which my Uncle does related to my Course which is Business Administration & Management?

4. Also, If asked how Much does my sponsor Earn annually and Monthly, Pls which figure is better for me to say?

I intend getting a Letter of Sponsorship and Letter of Employment to take along to the Embassy to back this issue up.

This Issue is a very VITAL one so that is why I came here for you guys to help me out so that I don't Regret saying something I wouldn't have said in my interview.

Please guys I'm counting on u all, I trust u all. I know you will all definately come up with smart ideas for me, as I have seen u all trashing so many issues like this here.

Thnx guys..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by vivysparkles(f): 11:14am On Jun 24, 2013
olarwarlay:

Let me first ask what browser you use while filling the DS-160. I think Google Chrome is probably a better browser(my personal opinion though)

Or maybe you've not been patient enough while filling, because there are some parts of the form where you have to chill a bit for the browser to do a quick refresh before showing the next option.

You might wanna try using a different browser from the one you've used previously and be patient enough for the page to refresh when necessary.

I just confirmed from vfs...dt section doesn't come up for females...got nothing to do with browser...it jus takes you directly to the security and background section after past and previous work experience. I need the females in the house to please validate this claim.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ystd4567: 11:20am On Jun 24, 2013
@vivysparkles
If you have a slow internet connection, you'll encounter this issue. I suggest you wait some few seconds for it to come up before proceeding.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 11:52am On Jun 24, 2013
vivysparkles:

I just confirmed from vfs...dt section doesn't come up for females...got nothing to do with browser...it jus takes you directly to the security and background section after past and previous work experience. I need the females in the house to please validate this claim.
Its true. That section didn't come up for me as well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 12:04pm On Jun 24, 2013
vivysparkles:

Okay then, never even knew you were a lady smiley... Ms Nas just confirmed that, so i think you are good.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 12:25pm On Jun 24, 2013
theHanafis: Virgin ice thnks,Bigfrances my mentor grin grin dunno hw to tnk u ooo,it shall be well with u. I hav already collected dia emails (2 of my lecturers).d reason y I was asking is dat I hate going to my former skull even da Lectures dun lyk seen dia faces cos dia not always welcoming.pretend to b busy every day.could u imagine my transcript is not available uptill now since February.d last tym I checked, d exam officer wasn't around for da past 1wik n he is to sign it.anyway we kip on pushing

Not a fair way to talk of the lecturers who taught you back in school.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 1:35pm On Jun 24, 2013
Morris:

Pls bro I have already booked a date 17th july. So no goin bak nw advise me wat do u tink I can say to convince de Vo frm all I have told u?
And also is it possible to feel anoda DS 106 and den fix de ond and hnd stuff? Bt evn at dat Vo might ask for de certificate just advise me from my stand nw wat do I do nw?

Do you have both ND and HND?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by tinuowo(f): 2:01pm On Jun 24, 2013
Really? My email add is tinuowo2005@yahoo.com will be waiting. 4 ur response. Thanks so much! God bless!
Ricky Rozay:

@Tinuowo, That's NOT true. I booked my appointment on Friday for Next Month and I just filled another DS 160 form just yesterday.

I didn't cancel my Innitial appointment. My Interview is still scheduled for Next Month.

Drop your email, so I will contact you Now...

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.