Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,409 members, 7,830,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (488320 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 7:35pm On Jun 22, 2013
For those who want to be interviewed at the Abuja embassy, dates are currently available. July 22 and 23 are currently available now. Book immediately.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by virginice: 7:54pm On Jun 22, 2013
Well, dat depends on d kindof reference ur sch want. Som schs send a form (like a chat) for referees to fill, some want a letter headed paper signed n stamped and scanned bak to dem to back up wateva form dey sent. Formats alws depend on d sch, ur referee will know from wateva d sch sent to him/her.
valentino81: Pls, after submission of refrence letter by refree to d schl, is there any docs he wud need 2 supply to back it up or to show d authencity of d refree? One of my refree instisted knowing d details. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Morris(m): 8:17pm On Jun 22, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jun 22, 2013
Morris:

Main bro u too much tanks a whole lot, am 26 dis year,
And for de HND stuff, I dnt knw hw to do it again I have already filled my DS 106 and I filled my 1st bsc in it.

I intend tellin de VO dat my employer and de management of de company have decided to include me into management board of de company. So dey wants me to start from de scratch so I can master de basics of management so wen I return I will help in de growth of de company with de skills and potential I acquired in de states"

Pls is dat ok ?
I'm not sure the VO would buy this, but then again what do I know. An MBA would sound better don't you think?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by omgstar(m): 9:08pm On Jun 22, 2013
De Tus: Yes Morris. 52million is nice but be careful not to fall for VO's trap.

please expatiate on what you mean by the VO's trap. I DONT WANT TO FALL INTO THAT TRAP
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Morris(m): 9:29pm On Jun 22, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Morris(m): 9:30pm On Jun 22, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by omgstar(m): 9:59pm On Jun 22, 2013
Please house especially Bigfrancis21, help me analyze my case!
Can I use the Bank Statement which my Sponsor gave to me @ the beginning of April this year with closing balance more than the amount on my I-20 and he just gave me sponsorship letter this month while my interview is next month and my school resumes in September?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smartguy1759: 10:00pm On Jun 22, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Just do these that I've written. Its how others have been doing it. Your own shouldn't be different.

1) Do not apply. That option should have applied more to you if you were Chinese, Arabian or Jewish where their languages have a totally different system of writing whereby your name will have the Chinese, Arabic or Hebraic form.

2) Put in the name of your school and their educational contact. Its what I did.

3) Yes should be your answer. EDO IS A TRIBE.

4) Regular.
I have a lil issue with this TRIBE thing on my DS-160. I picked no o, do I need to refill my DS-160? Or I can leave it like that?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by omgstar(m): 10:01pm On Jun 22, 2013
omg_star:

please expatiate on what you mean by the VO's trap. I DONT WANT TO FALL INTO THAT TRAP
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 10:17pm On Jun 22, 2013
omg_star: Please house especially Bigfrancis21, help me analyze my case!
Can I use the Bank Statement which my Sponsor gave to me @ the beginning of April this year with closing balance more than the amount on my I-20 and he just gave me sponsorship letter this month while my interview is next month and my school resumes in September?

Yes you can go with it. It is still very recent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 10:19pm On Jun 22, 2013
smartguy1759: I have a lil issue with this TRIBE thing on my DS-160. I picked no o, do I need to refill my DS-160? Or I can leave it like that?

Its still ok. Its not much of an issue anyway. Leave it like that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 10:34pm On Jun 22, 2013
Morris:
Main bro u too much tanks a whole lot, am 26 dis year,
And for de HND stuff, I dnt knw hw to do it again I have already filled my DS 106 and I filled my 1st bsc in it.

I intend tellin de VO dat my employer and de management of de company have decided to include me into management board of de company. So dey wants me to start from de scratch so I can master de basics of management so wen I return I will help in de growth of de company with de skills and potential I acquired in de states"

Pls is dat ok ?

I'm not sure the VO will be willing to buy this idea. The HND alibi is a much stronger one than this. If you give those lines to the VO, the next question on his mind will be, 'why didn't you go for MBA?' Everybody knows that anybody with any undergraduate degree (science) can go straight and do the MBA directly. This usually lasts 18 months or more and within this period, you'll get to learn the basics + advanced aspects of business administration. Hence anybody without a previous business administration bachelors degree can become at par or quickly catch up in the business administration field after doing MBA. All these the VOs know too well. So he'll probably ask you why you didn't use the MBA option when its easily available?

Morris:

Pls bro I have already booked a date 17th july. So no goin bak nw advise me wat do u tink I can say to convince de Vo frm all I have told u?
And also is it possible to fill anoda DS 106 and den fix de ond and hnd stuff? Bt evn at dat Vo might ask for de certificate just advise me from my stand nw wat do I do nw?

Yes, you can fill another DS-160 form, include the ND and HND instead of B.Sc, then submit it. Copy out the application code, go back to the visa appointment site, log in, click on 'update profile', and change your former DS application code to the new one. The new one will now be used to interview you.

As for the HND certificate, the VOs will usually not ask you for documents, let alone HND certificate or B.Sc certificate, unless you give them a reason to. They are psychologists and will study your body movements and if at the point you're mentioning you did HND you start to fidget, you're giving them every reason to doubt you and they'll quickly ask to see the HND certificate. So when you get to that point speak confidently as you would have been speaking initially or as you would have spoken if you were talking about your bachelors degree.

Personally, I feel this is the best option for you. The people that have used this option always scaled through with it. It never failed them.

In the end, it all boils down to free will.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Morris(m): 10:43pm On Jun 22, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jun 22, 2013
@Morris, @Bigfrancis has laid it out elaborately. If you go with your proposed plan it would most likely be a reject, just do as Bigfrancis says and be confident you'll surely get it. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Morris(m): 10:56pm On Jun 22, 2013
syahboy: @Morris, @Bigfrancis has laid it out elaborately. If you go with your proposed plan it would most likely be a reject, just do as Bigfrancis says and be confident you'll surely get it. Cheers!
U re vry ryt bro I will do dat
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Morris(m): 1:42am On Jun 23, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 6:54am On Jun 23, 2013
Morris: @Bigfrancis27

Bro I have done it the way u said it, I filled a new DS106 but I didn't include HND I only included computer training after secondary skul den Ond and den my current job.
Pls hope dats beta? At least Ond Is vry low compare to Bsc.

You're still on point my brother. Computer training + ND is still okay. Let's assume you finished secondary school at 18. Computer training (1year) + OND (let's say 3 years) + 1 year Service (can one serve after doing ND?) = 5 years. Now you've perfectly explained to the VO what you've been doing 5 years after you left secondary school. You then continue that you got the job immediately and have been working ever since. This alibi sounds more plausible and authentic than the other.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by tinuowo(f): 7:53am On Jun 23, 2013
Hello! Please I av a quetion I would luv you 2 ans me. I just filled my DS-160 Form and there is a part dat said is anybody aware of ur arrival in the US. I wrote my dad's name and contact der. So on checking my i20 well,I noticed they av already appointed an official in international office that is aware of the student-me arrival. Do yu think this doesn't matter or I need to fill another ds-160 form?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 8:35am On Jun 23, 2013
tinuowo: Hello! Please I av a quetion I would luv you 2 ans me. I just filled my DS-160 Form and there is a part dat said is anybody aware of ur arrival in the US. I wrote my dad's name and contact der. So on checking my i20 well,I noticed they av already appointed an official in international office that is aware of the student-me arrival. Do yu think this doesn't matter or I need to fill another ds-160 form?

I think you can put your Daddy's information there if you wish to tell the VO your Dad stays in the US. Though the gurus in here always advise applicants to put the school official's information.

But to be on a safer side, you could put the school official's info.

Wait for my ogas to come online, they might have a different take on this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Morris(m): 9:29am On Jun 23, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 9:56am On Jun 23, 2013
Morris:

Yea tnx dis more preferable and beta,
I stated it dis way cos am 26yrs nw:
After my high skul in 2005 I joined a computer training institute in 2006- mid 2007, den I got admitted into a polytechnic in late 2007 to study industrial chemistry, which I rounded up in 2010 and applied for my 1yr mandatory industrial attachment in my current place of work, I was accepted and I rounded up in 2011. But due to my personal and working relation which de company management, on jan 2012 dey decided to employ me officially and full time as a quality control analyst and am still with dem till date and dey are de one sending and sponsoring me fully for dis program becos dey intend giving me a managerial position when I return from my studies.
@bigfrancis27
Pls how did u see dis?

Gbam! This is so much making sense now than before.cool I'm glad you've gotten the point. Now go get your visa! No VO will deny you your visa, not even the Chinko lady! cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:20am On Jun 23, 2013
@tinuowo, you're apparently going to America for studies, so you have to fill in School Official. If you understand the begining, the end will not trouble you! Wishing you good luck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Morris(m): 10:59am On Jun 23, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Gbam! This is so much making sense now than before.cool I'm glad you've gotten the point. Now go get your visa! No VO will deny you your visa, not even the Chinko lady! cheesy
Yes ooo, tnx a lot bro. May God bless u, abuja embassy here I come prepare my visa lol.!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Square65: 11:02am On Jun 23, 2013
tinuowo: Hello! Please I av a quetion I would luv you 2 ans me. I just filled my DS-160 Form and there is a part dat said is anybody aware of ur arrival in the US. I wrote my dad's name and contact der. So on checking my i20 well,I noticed they av already appointed an official in international office that is aware of the student-me arrival. Do yu think this doesn't matter or I need to fill another ds-160 form?

School official pls.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by adewale3342: 11:11am On Jun 23, 2013
Can someone give me directions to get to the Embassy at Lagos if i could find my way to CMS , someone please what bus am i going to board from CMS
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by tinuowo(f): 11:52am On Jun 23, 2013
Square65:

School official pls.
but I av already booked my appointment. Is't that I should fill another ds-160 b4 the interview date cos of this mistake?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by omgstar(m): 12:03pm On Jun 23, 2013
De Tus: Yes Morris. 52million is nice but be careful not to fall for VO's trap.
[/quote]

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by tinuowo(f): 12:07pm On Jun 23, 2013
De Tus: @tinuowo, you're apparently going to America for studies, so you have to fill in School Official. If you understand the begining, the end will not trouble you! Wishing you good luck!
Thanks.... What shld I do now? Fill another DS-160 or wat?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 12:08pm On Jun 23, 2013
tinuowo: but I av already booked my appointment. Is't that I should fill another ds-160 b4 the interview date cos of this mistake?

Yeah sure do. You can fill as many ds-160 as possible, just ensure you update your application ID on the appointment site to the recent one you will be taking to the embassy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jun 23, 2013
@Tinuowo, yeah sure. You have to fill another form.

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.