Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,463 members, 7,850,615 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:56 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (163) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (489409 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by idalex: 11:30pm On Jun 27, 2013
babsharon:

Sent

thanx I've seen it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 5:23am On Jun 28, 2013
annoymous: to all picking up their passports, don't go until you have gotten a mail/text message from ustraveldocs that your passport z ready for pickup. and when you do, go with a photocopy of a valid ID (drivers license, national Id, passport if you made a copy b4 d interview). went for mine today and the DHL guys wasted my time a lot. some people couldn't even pick up theirs.

DHL?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Dot1(m): 5:39am On Jun 28, 2013
idusystem: Pls I'm new on this forum infact I was referred to this forum by a friend of mine. I applied to NCCU for MPA (Master in Public Admin). I was denied visa in my first interview on 10 of June. I have applied again. Pls I need help.
Below was my last encounter with vo:

me: good morning
vo: pass me ur document
me: I gave her my documents
vo: why do you want to study abroad?
me: I told her
vo: what school are going for?
me: I told her NCCU
vo: Who is ur sponsor?
me: I told her my employer and handed her letter of sponsorship and bank statement.
vo: what are your roles and why should they lavish such an amount of money on u?
me:I told her I've been working there for 12 years and I'm one of the manager and.....she cut me in
vo: are you married?
me: I told her yes with two kids?
vo: Are u going with them?
me: said no.
vo: I'm sorry u have not convince me enough......... and I was denied.
Pls I dont really understand what she mean by you have not convince me? Is it about my family or about my sponsors? She dont even ask for GRE or TOEFL.
Pls help me on what to say on what are your roles and why should they lavish such an amount of money on u?

Thank u.
Ur interview was cool, but i tink u workin in a company for 12 yrs myt nt be enof reason for dem to sponsor u. Maybe u shud av added wot dat certificate wil do 4 ur company afta ur studies. Anyway u can always retry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by midi20: 5:40am On Jun 28, 2013
idusystem: Pls I'm new on this forum infact I was referred to this forum by a friend of mine. I applied to NCCU for MPA (Master in Public Admin). I was denied visa in my first interview on 10 of June. I have applied again. Pls I need help.
Below was my last encounter with vo:

me: good morning
vo: pass me ur document
me: I gave her my documents
vo: why do you want to study abroad?
me: I told her
vo: what school are going for?
me: I told her NCCU
vo: Who is ur sponsor?
me: I told her my employer and handed her letter of sponsorship and bank statement.
vo: what are your roles and why should they lavish such an amount of money on u?
me: I told her I've been working there for 12 years and I'm one of the manager and.....she cut me in
vo: are you married?
me: I told her yes with two kids?
vo: Are u going with them?
me: said no.
vo: I'm sorry u have not convince me enough......... and I was denied.
Pls I dont really understand what she mean by you have not convince me? Is it about my family or about my sponsors? She dont even ask for GRE or TOEFL.
Pls help me on what to say on what are your roles and why should they lavish such an amount of money on u?

Thank u.
Reapply sharp sharp. If I were you;
When a v.o asks u if u are going with them. You say, for a start u need to concentrate, but they will be visitng you during d holidays.
The next question u might hear is who will be sponsoring them,
Say yourself. (A 12yrs manager) I believe you should have something bouyant to show for that.
You should be able to define your roles in line with ur field of work man.
All d best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by midi20: 5:44am On Jun 28, 2013
bigfrancis21: Congratulations Teejay and SmartGuy!

Lagos embassy has been having higher approvals than Abuja of recent. Who noticed this, anyone?
Yep! It has shifted to lagos.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:15am On Jun 28, 2013
teejay_GO01: LONG POST DON'T QUOTE

Hey guys, first and foremost I give all the glory to God for His faithfulness and His mercy.

I really want to thank all of u that commented and helped me one way or the other when I had my denial last month. Special thanks goes to Shoggie ( only God can repay u for me, till today he has always been checking up) Ojap ( your call made a big diff, God bless u) and to imperioxx( ur testimony was an inspiration) Bigfrancis21 n others thanks for the encouragement when I wanted to give up.

To any1 that has ever posted a ques here or their interview experience etc thanks a whole lot! I'm grateful

My interview was for 10:30 ( sebi u have noticed this 10:30 trend and success hmmm) I got der by 10:25 they had already called them in I was like 15th to last.

While I was waiting for my name/num to be called I witnessed other f1 visas and all the ones I witnessed were approved. But one particular one left me in shock.

A girl came for f1 visa and she made so many blunders in my mind I was saying they have already denied her, her english wasn't so good( who am I to judge abi) she didn't write any test and wen d vo asked her how much does ur sponspr make ( which was her mum) she said she doesn't know that her mum doesn't tell her, me I was like huh? Then she now said she has her statement, the vo said u have her statement but u dnt know how much she makes? She said her mums sells trinkets n accessories, the vo typed for like 5mins and approved her visa!! I was in shock , na juju the girl use ni? If u see the way she was saying thank u she nearly knelt down.lol

Now to me all the vos were female today except the chinese man who was switching btw vo n thumb print. Didn't want him to call me cos e dey deny everyone.

The miracle started from the fact that I went with the same statements I went with the last time I was denied, no change @ all no cover letter from d bank, no letter of support just ordinary stamped bank statement( no take this risk if u dnt have the faith to carry it)

Vo: are u....?
Me: yeh hello
Vo: y r u goint to d us
Me: for my grad studies @...
Vo: what r u gonna study:
Me:told her
Vo:Why?
Me: told my KISS story with passion
Vo: pls pass me ur admission letter and proof of finance ( note she didn't ask who my sponsor was) and also pass evidence of the scholarship u received
Me: passed bank docs n admission letter
Vo: (used 2 seconds to flip thru bank statement and gave me back while checkin something on her wall)
Vo: where's the evidence of scholarship?
Me: its in an email I didn't print it, buts its on the i-20
Vo: awwww ok
Vo: so is this ur mums statement
Me: no my aunt
Vo: so y is she sponsoring u?
Me: told her
Vo: what does she do?
Vo: looks @ her system for like 7 mins all the while telling me to hold on that's she's coming
the 7 mins seemed like 7 hrs I was just praying,
Vo: what did u do for undergrad?
Vo: ok ur visa has been approved
Me: thank u thank u
Vo: u will pick it @ apapa
Me: apapa? I thot it was ikeja
Vo: no we have changed our contractors no more ikeja
Me: apapa is far for me( see me I don collect visa finish I dey complain)
Vo: u can call this number they can help u out
Me: ok thank u I like ur scarf ( she had a beautiful scarf around her neck)
Vo: thank u!

ALL THE GLORY BE TO GOD!!

Congrats Sir!

But all the 'told her' is not helping anyone undecided!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:16am On Jun 28, 2013
justwise:

Its pretty easy to do, its matter of keeping tap on certain old IDs and new ones stands out. I don't visit every thread , some threads in this section are safe while some are hot-bed of dodgy characters.

Hola... when you need help wink!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by virginice: 7:36am On Jun 28, 2013
Waaooh dis is serious! Am perplexed for I no see wetin I do, all d same cheers Bro! cheesy kiss kiss kiss Congratulobia!
smartguy1759: [/b][b] wink ;DFirst and foremost before I post anything on my Visa experience, I everybdy in the house BIG THANK YOU, especially one vixen in the house,'obirin merin fun rara e'(four strong women sandwiched into one), @VirginIce of life. She was there all through. Some pple are blessing not only to their generation but also generations to come, @Bigfrancis, @HippochaiAppachai, @Ibkgboko, and @JohnFidelia are examples of those.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by virginice: 7:43am On Jun 28, 2013
Congrats teejay! Enjoy ur stay in America! cheesy cheesy grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 7:50am On Jun 28, 2013
May God's name be praised.... Lot's of testimonies falling in, but won't be complete without mine grin grin grin

USA Student visa thread is working!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by justwise(m): 7:55am On Jun 28, 2013
I.Joan:

Hola... when you need help wink!
grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:12am On Jun 28, 2013
@idusystem, your interview was okay. You proved strong ties. The VO did not want to issue you visa. She was in a bad mood!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:31am On Jun 28, 2013
I.Joan:

Congrats Sir!

But all the 'told her' is not helping anyone undecided!

My thoughts exactly!

Pls all, when you share your interview experience, endeavour to tell us your precise response to the VO's question. Let's stop this "bleep" or "told her/him" thing... It doesn't help others to learn. People benefit more from your responses so as to know how to shape their own response when it gets to their time or how to avoid such response if it's gonna lead to their denial.

Congrats to those who got their visas this month. More testimonies to come in the month of july IJN grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:50am On Jun 28, 2013
kofsy:

My thoughts exactly!

Pls all, when you share your interview experience, endeavour to tell us your precise response to the VO's question. Let's stop this "bleep" or "told her/him" thing... It doesn't help others to learn. People benefit more from your responses so as to know how to shape their own response when it gets to their time or how to avoid such response if it's gonna lead to their denial.

Congrats to those who got their visas this month. More testimonies to come in the month of july IJN grin grin grin

hey kofsy! How's it going ? Hope u r preparing well for toefl.. Im with 4 student tech ids so far.. Lol m turning into a guru...
See ya at the top
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by teejayGO01: 8:59am On Jun 28, 2013
Thanks guys for all ur 'congratulations' I appreciate each and every one of u

For those complaining about the -i told her' have u read my 1st denail interview? I gave all my answers in full and I said the smae thing as u can see I was asked mostly the same ques even less this time around pls go back a few pages and read it.

For the person who asked how I asnswered the ' my sponspr ques' I said she has always beeb supportive of my education right from second skool and took a special liking to me'

Hope we r clear now

Thanks once again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by teejayGO01: 9:01am On Jun 28, 2013
Please ignore all my typos using my phone smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 9:07am On Jun 28, 2013
Amefrica: Na wa ooo.. Justwise! This thread is turning to sumfin else.. I wonder why some people go open their stinky mouth n say rubbish, i swear sum ppl need sanitary pad, n typoon for der mouths.. Wabi wabi or what r u called, DONT USE UR MOUTH TO WRITE A CHECK UR ARSE CANT CASH!..

Oga, this isn't a way to correct a wrong. Please, mind your choice of words.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by walexy(m): 9:13am On Jun 28, 2013
babsharon:
The answer †̥o Ur question is NO . She can use that

Thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by walexy(m): 9:17am On Jun 28, 2013
bigfrancis21:

No. Her SEVIS fee is still valid. What does she need a new I-20 form for? She should use her old I-20 again unless there's a mistake on it which she contacted her school and told and they're preparing for her a new one. The only new payment she has to make is a another visa fee of N26,400. Her SEVIS, and I-20 still remain valid.

Thank bro.. you were spot on.. there was an error on the i-20 form and she had to return it back to the school for a new one.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 28, 2013
Amefrica:

hey kofsy! How's it going ? Hope u r preparing well for toefl.. Im with 4 student tech ids so far.. Lol m turning into a guru...
See ya at the top
[color=#9900f]Loooooooool I'm not writing TOEFL ooo! I'm only writing GRE. I see you are already dishing out advices!!! That's the spirit man... The more time you spend here, the more knowledgeable you'd become. All the best in your toefl dear smiley smiley [/color]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 9:37am On Jun 28, 2013
dammypearl003: would i be able to write any of the test before july 5 whch is my interview date, what if i get a test waiver from the school?

No you don't have to as it wouldn't meet the date. I will suggest you keep your fingers crossed hoping you will get it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 9:49am On Jun 28, 2013
smartguy1759: I got my visa at the lagos embassy today, my appointment was 10:30 but I got there arnd 7:30am, enetered with 7:30 pple but I wasnt attended to until arnd 11am, I am sure @teejay would see me, I was wearing a white shirt. Interview lasted abt 2min.
ME: Good morning ma'am, hw r u 2day?
VO: Fine, thank you and you?
ME; Gr8
VO: Pass me ur doc
ME: *sharply passed the document, she looked @ my passport and mentioned my name and nodded in response
VO:*looking @ my I-20 excitedly* she screamed wow!! You have a very good application
ME: I smiled and said thank you
VO: Why Rutgers?
ME: Rutgers is ranking No.1 in US in federal funding for chemistry research
VO: She nodded
VO: Why Medicinal and Pharmaceutical Chemistry?
ME: It has a lot of research potential in Africa. According to WHO, 80% of African population depends on natural product for primary healthcare. My research is going to be looking @ develpoing this natural products in standard pharmaceuticals.
VO: She continued typing endlessly and furiously
VO: av u ever been to the US?
ME: No
VO: Why do you think the school gave you teaching assistantship?
ME: I was interviewed for this position and I did well in the interview.
VO: Go to Apapa-Oshodi on -----(I no hear that part I swear)and Pick Your Visa. Congrats ur visa has been approved(Na so she gimme the whitw paper o). Na so I turned backed, smiled @ the crowd, and zoomed off, enter my carnand start blasting 2-chainz all the way.
I no even remember say the babe no gimme my I-20 back, I hope say wahala no dey as dem no gimme my I-20 sha[b][/b].
NO DOCUMENT WAS ASKED

Wonderful interview and wonderful school you are going to. Have a wonderful stay there at Rutgers and NJ.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Bimmey(m): 10:13am On Jun 28, 2013
Good morning house, pls on my 1-20 my school ddnt write my sponsor's surname fully(my dad though) do i need 2 send it back or i can jst tell d v.o its a mistake? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:13am On Jun 28, 2013
Hello folks, good morning. A friend of mine is somehow in disarray rightnow. His appointment is early next month and he's having a bank statement of April. He cannot update the statement of account to June because of insufficient funds. Should he go ahead with his interview or reschedule his appointment?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 10:24am On Jun 28, 2013
De Tus: Hello folks, good morning. A friend of mine is somehow in disarray rightnow. His appointment is early next month and he's having a bank statement of April. He cannot update the statement of account to June because of insufficient funds. Should he go ahead with his interview or reschedule his appointment?

He can go with that !!! April bank statement can still be use.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:32am On Jun 28, 2013
kofsy:
[color=#9900f]Loooooooool I'm not writing TOEFL ooo! I'm only writing GRE. I see you are already dishing out advices!!! That's the spirit man... The more time you spend here, the more knowledgeable you'd become. All the best in your toefl dear smiley smiley [/color]

Yes ma'am... We will also share our testimonies here IJN..
Catcha
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by yemego: 10:34am On Jun 28, 2013
Hello guys... To those that want to book appointment, July 29th - August 1 is available now. winkHello guys... To those that want to book appointment, July 29th - August 1 is available now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by theDonBee: 10:34am On Jun 28, 2013
Hi guys, just helped a pal get July 29 appointment in Lagos. You can try now pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 28, 2013
GboyegaD:

Oga, this isn't a way to correct a wrong. Please, mind your choice of words.

Oga, where were u, when that imp insulted me n my DAD ..?
You go Indiana!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 10:59am On Jun 28, 2013
Embassy don release dates oooo.. I just book my own appointment... So those who needs date should go an get their nw. just SPREAD THE MESSAGE AND NOT THE VIRUS.. LOL
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by midi20: 11:01am On Jun 28, 2013
July dates starring at me. Lagos
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by riverboy: 11:08am On Jun 28, 2013
@kofsy.. true talk bro.. ppl pls try and tell ur wat u guys told the vos..nt "told ha or him"
congratulation to all those who got their visa. pls we need more testimonies...cheeeriorsss

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.