Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,169 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (488329 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smartguy1759: 5:57pm On Jun 28, 2013
GboyegaD:

Wonderful interview and wonderful school you are going to. Have a wonderful stay there at Rutgers and NJ.
@ GboyegaD, thanks for the compliment...plz, do you knw any student in dt school you can link me up with for initial acclimitization in the sch.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smartguy1759: 5:59pm On Jun 28, 2013
Please, anybody in the house going to New Jersey? I don't knw anybdy over there o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 6:01pm On Jun 28, 2013
smartguy1759: @ GboyegaD, thanks for the compliment...plz, do you knw any student in dt school you can link me up with for initial acclimitization in the sch.

My close buddy I know finished from there a while ago. One good thing is that you sure will find quite a number of Nigerians around so you wouldn't have too much challenges with acclimatizing.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nomso27(m): 6:13pm On Jun 28, 2013
Thanks annonymous ur too much. . . . .
So servis .......then GT bank payment.......then online ds-160. . . . . . .then what ? @ annonymous . . . .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nomso27(m): 6:16pm On Jun 28, 2013
Some people@ikeja requested 148,000 for processing every of d visa stuffs @annonymous. . . .

But processing it is not hard is it ?

Is there anything important i need to know ? Please. . .thanks @annonymous
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fideliajohn(f): 6:57pm On Jun 28, 2013
winbyforce:
What kind of medicals do u wanna do? Where are u located?
@ winnyforce, am coming for my medicals too o. The medical entails series of medical test.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nomso27(m): 7:08pm On Jun 28, 2013
R u guys talking about medical tests for u.s universities . . .. If so i can help@fidelia
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 7:25pm On Jun 28, 2013
nomso27: Some people@ikeja requested 148,000 for processing every of d visa stuffs @annonymous. . . .

Avoid agents!!! Whatever they do you CAN also do it! All the information you need, starting from application to schools, mailing of documents, admission, receiving your I-20, SEVIS fee payment, visa appointment booking, down to the visa interview are right here on this thread FREE OF CHARGE! Members of this thread have been having high approval rates at the embassy just because of this thread. All it takes from your own side is a little sacrifice to start reading this thread from parts 1 to 4. By the time you're done reading, you'll become more knowledgeable than the agents themselves. Please, I warn you. DON'T PAY ANY MONEY WHATSOEVER TO ANY AGENTS. I lay my case.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 7:36pm On Jun 28, 2013
Hello all,
This could sound weird but please dont see it like that.
I have been advised to go to abuja embassy for my interview cos i heard that success rate is high in abuja than lagos.
I could not get a date for abuja but was lucky to get 31st of July in lagos today.
What do you suggest I do? Can I request for emergency and tell them to schedule me for abuja?
Please reply, thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by klplus: 7:51pm On Jun 28, 2013
Hello house, can someone send the address of TNT courier in Lagos, pls people that have used TNT for pick up services kindly respond asap. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 8:06pm On Jun 28, 2013
foohard: Hello all,
I have been advised to go to abuja embassy for my interview cos i heard that success rate is high in abuja than lagos.
I could not get a date for abuja but was lucky to get 31st of July in lagos today.
What do you suggest I do? Can I request for emergency and tell them to schedule me for abuja?
Please reply, thanks.

Funny enough, this month Abuja has been having more denials this season while Lagos has been having more successes than Abuja. Have you read the success stories of members posted from this page to like 30 pages backwards? Go back and you'll notice that 90% of all of them went to the Lagos embassy. So my dear, be happy with your choice. I even advised someone this morning against going to Abuja like he earlier planned and booked Lagos for him instead. So, be happy you went for Lagos. cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jun 28, 2013
foohard: Hello all,
Please reply, thanks.

Yepa! Where were u weeks ago ? If i were u, ima just go for Lagos.. Go get ur VISA bro..
Cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jun 28, 2013
nomso27: Some people@ikeja requested 148,000 for processing every of d visa stuffs @annonymous. . . .

I couldn't have said it better than bigfrancis - make no mistake of patronising agents. Avoid it like the plague. And besides, 148000 for what? Or are they buying you a flight ticket too?

Once u av paid the visa appointment and sevis fee, u start hunting for a date for your interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nomso27(m): 8:25pm On Jun 28, 2013
Thanks bro@bigfrancis
jah bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nomso27(m): 8:28pm On Jun 28, 2013
Thanks annonymous u guys are d best. . . . .i'll consult u guys if any question comes up. . . .peace
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kunlebal(m): 8:58pm On Jun 28, 2013
annoymous:

I couldn't have said it better than bigfrancis - make no mistake of patronising agents. Avoid it like the plague. And besides, 148000 for what? Or are they buying you a flight ticket too?

Once u av paid the visa appointment and sevis fee, u start hunting for a date for your interview
@annoymous
Am not saying agent is good, but people patronize agent cos of sponsorship. What I mean by sponsorship is this: some people don't av a family member or family friends that have huge amount of money in there account, which is the most important thing in student visa application. U guys can correct me if am wrong, we are aii here to learn.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by justwise(m): 9:03pm On Jun 28, 2013
kunlebal:
@annoymous
Am not saying agent is good, but people patronize agent cos of sponsorship. What I mean by sponsorship is this: some people don't av a family member or family friends that have huge amount of money in there account, which is the most important thing in student visa application. U guys can correct me if am wrong, we are aii here to learn.

How will the money from the agent help an applicant? Pay school fees and rent in US or what?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 9:12pm On Jun 28, 2013
kunlebal:
@annoymous

When you mention sponsorship, try to be a little more specific here. By sponsorship, you mean the agents will provide the student with a bank account reflecting the amount of money the student's school wants to see, and not actually sponsoring the student in school as in paying school fees, accommodation, buying books, buying health insurance plan etc.

Note that many students who never patronized agents have found their way round the bank statement thing without agent's help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nomso27(m): 9:17pm On Jun 28, 2013
@bigfrancis ft annonymous
guys please help me with these questions again, u knw one has to be very very careful with dis embssy thing

1) i think i'll print out something after filling d ds-160 page online ?

2) does the ds-160 require any payment ?

3) what do i show the embassy to prove i have an appointment that day ?

4) r there different types of bank statements ? Bcus i have one from uba with just 2 pages joined together . . . . And another one with more than 10pages together from fidelity. . . . . Whats up with them ?

5) the owner of fidelity said he cnt do an affidavit but he'll sign for me, but i dnt knw the words used and how to organize a sponsor's statement. . . .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nomso27(m): 9:18pm On Jun 28, 2013
Guys please dnt be annoyed cus of my essay-like questions lol i'm trying to be extremely careful
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 9:21pm On Jun 28, 2013
klplus: Hello house, can someone send the address of TNT courier in Lagos, pls people that have used TNT for pick up services kindly respond asap. Thanks

I used them to receive my i-20 package.

This is their address - No 1A, Olabode street, Off M/M Int'l Airport Road, Ajao Estate. Lagos.

Their Customer care line - 07033074129, or. 08163781153...

I hope this helps....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jun 28, 2013
nomso27: @bigfrancis ft annonymous
guys please help me with these questions again, u knw one has to be very very careful with dis embssy thing

4) r there different types of bank statements ? Bcus i have one from uba with just 2 pages joined together . . . . And another one with more than 10pages together from fidelity. . . . . Whats up with them ?

5) the owner of fidelity said he cnt do an affidavit but he'll sign for me, but i dnt knw the words used and how to organize a sponsor's statement. . . .

1. After filling the form, you print the confirmation page
3. Your visa appointment, ds 160 confirmation, sevis receipt etc
4. Number of pages is a function of the number of transactions carried out on the account
5. U can google a sample or ask @babsharon or any other NLer to help out - I didn't use it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 9:35pm On Jun 28, 2013
nomso27: @bigfrancis ft annonymous

1) Yes. You'll print out your DS-160 after filling online. Very necessary.

2) No. The DS-160 doesn't require any payment. The only payments you'll make are SEVIS and Visa fees of $200 and $160 respectively.

3) After booking your visa interview, you'll see a confirmation page telling you you've booked successfully. That is what you'll print out and take to the interview as your evidence of appointment. Together with your DS confirmation page and SEVIS fee receipt.

4) Bank statement is bank statement, whether current or savings. Some are as few as 2/3 pages and others are as many as 8/10 pages. What matters the most is that the bank statement reflects an amount equal to or greater than what the school declared as total expenses for 1 year. UBA or Fidelity it doesn't matter.

5) Just send the bank statement and leave the reference part out. Its not necessary. By affidavit he meant affidavit of support which is a letter gotten from a court stating that your sponsor will be sponsoring you. Its not a must you get that one. He can simply write you a letter saying the same thing that he'll sponsor you and then he'll sign. That's what he meant by saying he'll sign for you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by omgstar(m): 9:45pm On Jun 28, 2013
smartguy1759: Please, anybody in the house going to New Jersey? I don't knw anybdy over there o

@smartguy1759, am going to NJIT for masters but am yet to get my visa which I have faith that I'll definitely get. My interview is on the 17th of July. We could link up anyway. I have a Nigerian friend who's been in the US for years now and she schools at Rutdgers. She said Rutdgers is just opposite NJIT. Send me a PM so we could relate better
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by omgstar(m): 9:47pm On Jun 28, 2013
Hello house, please whats the meaning of KISS and Bleep?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by valentijay: 10:17pm On Jun 28, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

I used them to receive my i-20 package.

This is their address - No 1A, Olabode street, Off M/M Int'l Airport Road, Ajao Estate. Lagos.

Their Customer care line - 07033074129, or. 08163781153...

I hope this helps....
Pls how efficient are they? did they deliver on time?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 10:18pm On Jun 28, 2013
omg_star: Hello house, please whats the meaning of KISS and Bleep?
cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by omgstar(m): 10:50pm On Jun 28, 2013
omg_star: Hello house, please whats the meaning of KISS and Bleep?
[quote author=fittty]
cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Please tell me! I am curious to know cos people have been making mention of these terms
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smartguy1759: 10:58pm On Jun 28, 2013
omg_star:

@smartguy1759, am going to NJIT for masters but am yet to get my visa which I have faith that I'll definitely get. My interview is on the 17th of July. We could link up anyway. I have a Nigerian friend who's been in the US for years now and she schools at Rutdgers. She said Rutdgers is just opposite NJIT. Send me a PM so we could relate better
Nice one then, check ur dm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smartguy1759: 11:03pm On Jun 28, 2013
omg_star: omg_star: Hello house, please whats the meaning of KISS and Bleep?
KISS-Is an acronym for Keep It Short and Simple. Meaning your response to the VO's Q must be terse. Bleep is just to hush wateva u dont want people to knw

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 11:11pm On Jun 28, 2013
smartguy1759: KISS-Is an acronym for Keep It Short and Simple. Meaning your response to the VO's Q must be terse. Bleep is just to hush wateva u dont want people to knw

Exactly. Well stated. You took the words from my mouth grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by theDonBee: 4:18am On Jun 29, 2013

if this includes flight ticket, please go for it, and send us their contact grin grin grin
if not, then this forum has great peeps

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.