Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,259 members, 7,829,514 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (488300 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by omgstar(m): 5:36am On Jun 29, 2013
smartguy1759: KISS-Is an acronym for Keep It Short and Simple. Meaning your response to the VO's Q must be terse. Bleep is just to hush wateva u dont want people to knw

Thanks. I appreciate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by omgstar(m): 5:44am On Jun 29, 2013
Hello house (especially the gurus like @ Bigfrancis21), pls what's the most suitable answer for 'Why do you want to study abroad'?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by sannywills: 5:56am On Jun 29, 2013
broda my date for interview is on july 17 2013,i plead that you will help me with the interview tips on f 1 visa bachelor degree.pls help me out this is my email hittingh@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nomso27(m): 6:21am On Jun 29, 2013
Brothers GOD bless u guys@bigfrancis nd annonymous. . . . .i go still hola! Una again . . . .thanks a dozen. . . .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nomso27(m): 6:23am On Jun 29, 2013
Lol donbee.. . . . . .that 148,000 doesn't include ticket o! Those people r good @ their job-stealing

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nomso27(m): 6:40am On Jun 29, 2013
B4 i forget, one more thing@bigfrancis ft annonymous

1) hw do i get to print online receipt of d servis payment, when it was paid abroad ?

2)i sent my school different bank statement. . . . . .i want to tk different one to d embassy, does it matter ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nomso27(m): 6:41am On Jun 29, 2013
B4 i forget, one more thing@bigfrancis ft annonymous

1) hw do i get to print online receipt of d servis payment, when it was paid abroad ?

2)i sent my school different bank statement. . . . . .i want to tk different one to d embassy, does it matter ?

3) is the 24,600 visa fee still payable@GT bank ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kunlebal(m): 6:53am On Jun 29, 2013
bigfrancis21:

When you mention sponsorship, try to be a little more specific here. By sponsorship, you mean the agents will provide the student with a bank account reflecting the amount of money the student's school wants to see, and not actually sponsoring the student in school as in paying school fees, accommodation, buying books, buying health insurance plan etc.

Note that many students who never patronized agents have found their way round the bank statement thing without agent's help.

You said it all bro, for someone like me now the huge bank statement is my problem. Am planning to go for my Msc in Accounting/Finance in january and the total package is around $20,000-$30,000, I have people (both here in najia n abroad)that are ready to assist me in paying the school fees but non of them as up to that amount in there banks statement and I don't want to go through an agent. So what do u think I should do, Cos I want to start the process now against january
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 7:29am On Jun 29, 2013
nomso27: B4 i forget, one more thing@bigfrancis ft annonymous

1. To print your SEVIS receipt online after payment, go to https://www.fmjfee.com/i901fee/dhs/loadSearchPage.do and enter some of the details You filled in your SEVIS form (i.e I-20 number {which also doubles as your SEVIS number}, Surname and date of birth)

2. No, it doesn't matter, as long as it goes in line with what is written on your I-20. Then You got no problems.

3. Yes! It is still very much payable as GTB is the only official bank that handles the MRV payment for the US embassy.

I know You didn't address your questions to Me, just felt like answering before Biggy & Annoymus comes online... They might have more to add when they do.

Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Bimmey(m): 8:03am On Jun 29, 2013
Gd mrng,i can see we have 'alot' of people going for interview on 17th, that days s going 2b a happy day for us all, pls my question is this:my school did not write fully my sponsor's surname,can i stil take it 4 my interview wt hs statment of a/c or i should send it back for correction.pls i need an answer thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:04am On Jun 29, 2013
olarwarlay:

1. To print your SEVIS receipt online after payment, go to https://www.fmjfee.com/i901fee/dhs/loadSearchPage.do and enter some of the details You filled in your SEVIS form (i.e I-20 number {which also doubles as your SEVIS number}, Surname and date of birth)

2. No, it doesn't matter, as long as it goes in line with what is written on your I-20. Then You got no problems.

3. Yes! It is still very much payable as GTB is the only official bank that handles the MRV payment for the US embassy.

I know You didn't address your questions to Me, just felt like answering before Biggy & Annoymus comes online... They might have more to add when they do.

Cheers!

+1000. Nobody could have answered the questions better. @Nomso27, I hope you av started reading the thread from season 1, not much has changed since the original thread was created and reading it gives you a lot of insight into the visa application process - much more than you can ever get by having your questions answered.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:08am On Jun 29, 2013
Bimmey: Gd mrng,i can see we have 'alot' of people going for interview on 17th, that days s going 2b a happy day for us all, pls my question is this:my school did not write fully my sponsor's surname,can i stil take it 4 my interview wt hs statment of a/c or i should send it back for correction.pls i need an answer thanks

I don't think returning it for correction will be necessary. Just explain to the VO the reason for the discrepancy if asked - they are quite reasonable.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 9:14am On Jun 29, 2013
valentijay:
Pls how efficient are they? did they deliver on time?

They are soooooooooo efficient and veryyy cheap. They are the cheapest for Pick up services among all couriers. I can testify to that.

I received my package within 3 working days and they gave a Tracking Number which I was able to track my package till it got to Lagos Nigeria..

And I paid Just #12,260... Compared to FedEx and DHL that charge way Higher than this...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nomso27(m): 9:22am On Jun 29, 2013
@olarwarlay
thanks for ur help bro i appreciate it still. . . . . .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nomso27(m): 9:27am On Jun 29, 2013
Thanks annonymous. . .of cus i've been following dis thread. . . . .i always just want to confirm . . . .to be careful u knw. . . .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 9:38am On Jun 29, 2013
nomso27: B4 i forget, one more thing@bigfrancis ft annonymous

1) From 3 days upwards after your relative/friend abroad has paid your SEVIS, you then visit http://fmjfee.com enter your SEVIS details and print your receipt.

2) Yes, you can take a different bank statement to the embassy.

3) Yes it is. Go between 8am and 3.30pm. If you go after 3.30pm you'll be asked to return the next day.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 9:39am On Jun 29, 2013
kunlebal:

You said it all bro, for someone like me now the huge bank statement is my problem. Am planning to go for my Msc in Accounting/Finance in january and the total package is around $20,000-$30,000, I have people (both here in najia n abroad)that are ready to assist me in paying the school fees but non of them as up to that amount in there banks statement and I don't want to go through an agent. So what do u think I should do, Cos I want to start the process now against january

Where do you stay?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 29, 2013
Oya, if u represent Minnesota.. Oya oya Identify.. Lmao..
#minneonmymind
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by valentijay: 9:49am On Jun 29, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

They are soooooooooo efficient and veryyy cheap. They are the cheapest for Pick up services among all couriers. I can testify to that.

I received my package within 3 working days and they gave a Tracking Number which I was able to track my package till it got to Lagos Nigeria..

And I paid Just #12,260... Compared to FedEx and DHL that charge way Higher than this...
Wow! i think I'm gonna have to use them then
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 10:52am On Jun 29, 2013
Thanks for your reply.

Let me make some more clarifications why I was thinking of going to Abuja.

I work for Federal Government and I'm going to study in USA on a merit-based scholarship awarded by another Federal Government Agency I.e. Not my office.

Abuja embassy have a good track of my colleagues cos they usually go for trainings in the US, short ts though.

I believe I'm already on a shaky ground because I'm married and my wife live in the USA. Also, she has filled in petition for me for an immigrant VISA which should mature before I finish my proposed masters. The scholarshiphas a bond that I must return to Nigeria to work for 3years and another bond in my office that I must return to work for 2years before I can resign if I want a study for the period of my masters.

With all the above said, do you think going to abuja embassy could be an advantage or I still stand an equal chance in lagos too?

Funny enough, this month Abuja has been having more denials this season while Lagos has been having more successes than Abuja. Have you read the success stories of members posted from this page to like 30 pages backwards? Go back and you'll notice that 90% of all of them went to the Lagos embassy. So my dear, be happy with your choice. I even advised someone this morning against going to Abuja like he earlier planned and booked Lagos for him instead. So, be happy you went for Lagos. cheesy[/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bones007: 11:17am On Jun 29, 2013
omg_star: Hello house (especially the gurus like @ Bigfrancis21), pls what's the most suitable answer for 'Why do you want to study abroad'?

kiss Ans: due to the diversify learning environment and adequate facilities for both home and international student.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by omgstar(m): 11:22am On Jun 29, 2013
Thanks @bones007
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 11:27am On Jun 29, 2013
Thanks for your reply.

I work for Federal Government and I'm going to study in USA on a merit-based scholarship awarded by another Federal Government Agency I.e. Not my office.

Abuja embassy have a good track of my colleagues cos they usually go for trainings in the US, short ts though.

I believe I'm already on a shaky ground because I'm married and my wife live in the USA. Also, she has filled in petition for me for an immigrant VISA which should mature before I finish my proposed masters. The scholarship has a bond that I must return to Nigeria to work for 3years and another bond in my office that I must return to work for 2years before I can resign if I want a study leave for the period of my masters.

With all the above said, do you think going to abuja embassy could be an advantage or I still stand an equal chance in lagos too?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by omgstar(m): 11:52am On Jun 29, 2013
Hello HOUSE,
Peradventure the Visa Officer asks "why should I grant you VISA?", what do you think will be the most suitable (general) KISS answer?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kunlebal(m): 12:11pm On Jun 29, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Where do you stay?

i stay around egbeda area of iyana ipaja, lagos.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by justwise(m): 12:18pm On Jun 29, 2013
@kunlebal

It really help everybody when discussion about visa and admission issues are kept opened, questions and answers helps this forum grow, when people start dropping contact details for some private chat it becomes a bit selfish.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 12:27pm On Jun 29, 2013
kunlebal:

i stay around egbeda area of iyana ipaja, lagos.

Check your mail bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 12:41pm On Jun 29, 2013
foohard: Thanks for your reply.

I believe I'm already on a shaky ground because I'm married and my wife live in the USA. Also, she has filled in petition for me for an immigrant VISA which should mature before I finish my proposed masters. The scholarship has a bond that I must return to Nigeria to work for 3years and another bond in my office that I must return to work for 2years before I can resign if I want a study leave for the period of my masters.

Your case is a little complicated there. Your spouse has already filed an immigrant visa petition for you. By US law, that indicates immigrant intent and you're no longer qualified to apply for a non-immigrant visa such as student visa, tourist visa, business visa etc. I'm not sure the VOs will be willing to grant you a non-immigrant US visa when you already have an immigrant visa petition pending. During your interview, your name will be checked on their database for prior immigrant visa filings.

However, you may be lucky given the circumstances of your own case (scholarship, and work bond). Make sure you explain to the VO in details just as you've explained it here. Include on your DS160 that you have a relative (your spouse abroad), and then answer honestly all questions that follow up. The VOs are understanding. They should grant you your visa.

Go to the Abuja embassy as you've planned since they've been keeping track records of your colleagues who, I guess, have been going there too. Don't forget to mention this point to them too.

Wishing you the best. Cheers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by omgstar(m): 12:47pm On Jun 29, 2013
omg_star: Hello HOUSE,
Peradventure the Visa Officer asks "why should I grant you VISA?", what do you think will be the most suitable (general) KISS answer?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kunlebal(m): 12:49pm On Jun 29, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Check your mail bro.

didn't get it, says am not connected with you. can u re-forward it to my yahoomail or better still give me your number.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithremmy: 12:49pm On Jun 29, 2013
yomifowe: Hello house, I checked fmjfee site now, my SEVIS receipt has bn sent but there was a mistake on my address. How can i track and get it. Pls reply, tk u.
hey try to contact through email and what means do you use to pay it asin were is the mistake from ur side or deirs
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 12:55pm On Jun 29, 2013
kunlebal:

didn't get it, says am not connected with you. can u re-forward it to my yahoomail or better still give me your number.

I just replied you. Check your mail again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.