Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,698 members, 7,851,387 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:13 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (228) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (489443 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Bimmey(m): 2:28pm On Jul 19, 2013
imperiouxx:

That's called luck. What you'll always ask for.
Thanks for ur advice bro its luck n I need all the luck to smile on me ooh
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:33pm On Jul 19, 2013
GboyegaD:

Both friends and families can fail and that is why I believe for whoever fails, God did not deem the person fit as an instrument to help and sometimes too, I feel we truly cannot tell why that happened as such, shouldn't blame them.

Is there anything like friends and families when it comes to achieving something? I've removed that term from my dictionary lonnnnnnng time ago. I'm a lone man and setting the right path to my future myself.

I've one aunt in UK who out of disbelieve didn't agree for 6 good months I came to US all by myself without asking anyone for help or know no single face.

If you think you've got friends and families to rely on ...... wait till you're disappointed, then you know "no one but you" is not only drama series title but also fact of life.

I'm an independent guy who lives independently

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 2:39pm On Jul 19, 2013
iamchux:

I think that's where the problem lies. Some of this nipost staffs delay or hold-on to this parcels when they don't get the destination right. But I guess if it was a P.O. Box addy, that very day it arrived, it would be place in your box.
You will preferable use home addy for DHL or FedEx and not for regular mail. I might be wrong though!

He will need to go to the nearest post office close to his home and ask if his i-20 package has been delivered.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:40pm On Jul 19, 2013
obsy2020: @ oyetpel, I never applied to VIU neither was I denied. I got the visa on my first attempt. Besides I'm going for my MSC not BSC.

Master oooo! Twale sir!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kingcobra2003: 2:45pm On Jul 19, 2013
All set to go back. Just need a date. Any ideas, pls?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FutureDon(m): 2:48pm On Jul 19, 2013
Graham123: Please, I'll like to know if I can get a post graduate program admission in any college in the US with a third class honors degree equivalent of below 2.5CGPA (precisely 2.32 in my case, pathetic I know). My degree program was in Zoology (OAU). I'd like to know my chances, if any.

In addition to Profs Ojap & GboyegaD's words. I would advise that you engage in a serious ''moment of truth'' and make up your mind on what you really want to do, since you mentioned that you intend changing from Zoology to any other science-oriented course.

You also mentioned that you are preparing for GRE and would like to make a switch to Nursing, I don't see any correlation here. I would like to think that you are not looking at MSc Nursing programs (pardon me). If you really want to switch to Nursing, I think the better way to go about it is through undergraduate route. However, in my honest opinion, it is difficult to get into a DECENT MS program with your GPA but not impossible. GPA is just one component of admission requirement.

A lady on this forum (many pages back) highlighted how someone with a 3rd class took some undergraduate courses (to make up for his deficient GPA) before proceeding to MS at the same Uni in America. You can also look into this route; however you will have to contact each university of choice to ask if possibility abounds for such 'route' at that particular institution.

My 4 naira sir.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 2:59pm On Jul 19, 2013
yomifowe: Talking about family. My sis in Texas helped me to collect my I-20 from my school and sent it to me through NIPOST. As at today, more than a week after my interview, i am yet to get it, very funny indeed.
grin

You will need to visit the nearest post office close to ur home and ask if ur i-20 package has been delivered because NIPOST receive this document from the US at an early date here in Nigeria but dey will use like 2 to 3 weeks to dispatch it to various homes....

So get moving now.... If it has reached 2 or 3 weeks since your sister sent your package from US to you through Nipost, then I suggest you will have to head to their office near your home to check if has been received..

It should be there... Cheers..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by yomifowe(m): 3:04pm On Jul 19, 2013
iamchux:

I think that's where the problem lies. Some of this nipost staffs delay or hold-on to this parcels when they don't get the destination right. But I guess if it was a P.O. Box addy, that very day it arrived, it would be place in your box.
You will preferable use home addy for DHL or FedEx and not for regular mail. I might be wrong though!

That's not the case here. I even went to NIPOST and even gave them my no but to no avail. The issue is she shld ve sent it using faster means like UPS or DHL.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 19, 2013
omonaijar: Hello all and congrats to all the others who also recently got their visas. smiley

Sorry if this is slightly off-topic, but what is the max amount of USD you can take through MMA without having to declare? Thanks.

$10,000
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by michole21: 3:06pm On Jul 19, 2013
please i'm trying to fill my ds-160 but its telling me a person already has those information. i remember filling one last year but i forgot the password but this is a new one
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by yomifowe(m): 3:09pm On Jul 19, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

You will need to visit the nearest post office close to ur home and ask if ur i-20 package has been delivered because NIPOST receive this document from the US at an early date here in Nigeria but dey will use like 2 to 3 weeks to dispatch it to various homes....

So get moving now.... If it has reached 2 or 3 weeks since your sister sent your package from US to you through Nipost, then I suggest you will have to head to their office near your home to check if has been received..

It should be there... Cheers..

Thanks. However, i did just that but it was not there. I even had to give them my no so that they ll notify me once it arrives , up till tomorrow, i ve not received any call.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ayemidun0328: 3:11pm On Jul 19, 2013
i have been following this thread for a while now..i really do commend you guys. i need your help as regard applying for a graduate program in the US. Actually i have in mind Cleveland state university, North carolina state university and university of arizona. i writing to know if anyone have knows vital informations about this universities and other information deem important. i actually want to apply for Master in Accounting. Anyone with useful information, please advice
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ayemidun0328: 3:12pm On Jul 19, 2013
i have been following this thread for a while now..i really do commend you guys. i need your help as regard applying for a graduate program in the US. Actually i have in mind Cleveland state university, North carolina state university and university of arizona. i writing to know if anyone have knows vital informations about this universities and other information deem important. i actually want to apply for Master in Accounting. Here is my email: omotosho_fem@yahoo.com. Anyone with useful information, please advice
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Graham123: 3:15pm On Jul 19, 2013
FutureDon:

In addition to Profs Ojap & GboyegaD's words. I would advise that you engage in a serious ''moment of truth'' and make up your mind on what you really want to do, since you mentioned that you intend changing from Zoology to any other science-oriented course.

You also mentioned that you are preparing for GRE and would like to make a switch to Nursing, I don't see any correlation here. I would like to think that you are not looking at MSc Nursing programs (pardon me). If you really want to switch to Nursing, I think the better way to go about it is through undergraduate route. However, in my honest opinion, it is difficult to get into a DECENT MS program with your GPA but not impossible. GPA is just one component of admission requirement.

A lady on this forum (many pages back) highlighted how someone with a 3rd class took some undergraduate courses (to make up for his deficient GPA) before proceeding to MS at the same Uni in America. You can also look into this route; however you will have to contact each university of choice to ask if possibility abounds for such 'route' at that particular institution.

My 4 naira sir.

Thanks so much. I'm on it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by oyetpel(m): 3:17pm On Jul 19, 2013
obsy2020: @ oyetpel, I never applied to VIU neither was I denied. I got the visa on my first attempt. Besides I'm going for my MSC not BSC.
Sorry i wanted to quote @olarwaley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 19, 2013
Gboyega, you don't want me to get started on the issue of family or no family when it comes to assisting smiley smiley smiley like the yorubas would say, if I start, "ile a kun"- I have had series of bitter experiences in the hands of this so called "family" members. Ara le eni o fe a ku, sugbon won fe a di eyan boro grin grin grin grin

Like ricky rosay rightly said, one can only put complete trust in one's siblings and parents. Any family member outside that circle is a no no for me!

Thank God for God smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 19, 2013
Lets not 'over generalize'. Some relatives(and friends) will go to the ends of the world just to help you. I didn't involve my relatives in my admission process because I didn't want to bother them and raise their hopes (scratch that, I wanted to surprise them grin).

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by michole21: 3:53pm On Jul 19, 2013
michole21: please i'm trying to fill my ds-160 but its telling me a person already has those information. i remember filling one last year but i forgot the password but this is a new one
please you guys should help me out...I tried logging inton ustraveldocs site to fill my ds-160 but it didn't log in so I had to create another acct when trying to fill the new one it told me the information I provided that a user already has the details...which is that last one I filled some months ago for my first interview but that one doesn't want to log in please what will I do now URGENT!!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 4:05pm On Jul 19, 2013
yomifowe:

Thanks. However, i did just that but it was not there. I even had to give them my no so that they ll notify me once it arrives , up till tomorrow, i ve not received any call.
I have a feeling that your situation might be like that of my sister's own.. Because she waited for her package for a long time, she didn't get it and kept going to Nipost office and even dropped her number but the same story.. She didn't hear from them just like you too.

First, when is your interview and when exactly did your sister send the package from US to you here?

Also, I hope you went to the correct post office..

And also i hope your sister filled in your house address correctly, because if she didn't fill it correctly, Nipost usually send all UNKNOWN packages with UNIDENTIFIELD contact address of it's owners to their head office at Marina Lagos, that's something I know about..... It happened to my sister's package.

My sister went to Nipost office uncountable times and they told her it is not in their office, until my sister got an information from a guy at the post office there who then advised her to go to their Head office at Marina Lagos, that the package will be there. All to her greatest surprise, she went to their head office in Marina and found the package there.

They will just abandon it in their Head office till the owner comes looking for it... Some people even forget their package there with them because they have no idea of the location of the package just like you now..Nipost officials will even be praying that the owners of some valuable items from abroad that will be useful to them don't coming looking for it so that they will turn the property to their own.

I just hope this shouldn't be your case..

So dts why I need to get certain information from you to enable me tell you the nxt thing to do...

I hope this information I have given will be useful for others who might be in this same similiar situation with yours...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by yomifowe(m): 5:07pm On Jul 19, 2013
Ricky Rozay:
I have a feeling that your situation might be like that of my sister's own.. Because she waited for her package for a long time, she didn't get it and kept going to Nipost office and even dropped her number but the same story.. She didn't hear from them just like you too.

First, when is your interview and when exactly did your sister send the package from US to you here?

Also, I hope you went to the correct post office..

And also i hope your sister filled in your house address correctly, because if she didn't fill it correctly, Nipost usually send all UNKNOWN packages with UNIDENTIFIELD contact address of it's owners to their head office at Marina Lagos, that's something I know about..... It happened to my sister's package.

My sister went to Nipost office uncountable times and they told her it is not in their office, until my sister got an information from a guy at the post office there who then advised her to go to their Head office at Marina Lagos, that the package will be there. All to her greatest surprise, she went to their head office in Marina and found the package there.

They will just abandon it in their Head office till the owner comes looking for it... Some people even forget their package there with them because they have no idea of the location of the package just like you now..Nipost officials will even be praying that the owners of some valuable items from abroad that will be useful to them don't coming looking for it so that they will turn the property to their own.

I just hope this shouldn't be your case..

So dts why I need to get certain information from you to enable me tell you the nxt thing to do...

I hope this information I have given will be useful for others who might be in this same similiar situation with yours...

Thanks for your concern,
I have gone for my interview, fortunately, I was sent a soft copy of the I-20, admission letter ansd other docs which i printed out. I then went ahead to print the other docs which my sis scanned and emailed to me, got another a/c statement a day b4 the D-Day. I exercised my faith went for the interview and i was not questioned about them @the embassy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by idalex: 5:08pm On Jul 19, 2013
iamchux:

GTBank Token Device is a small digital device (used for generating codes) that allows you register your GTB atm mastercard with an activation code. Reason because, some internet Merchants request additional codes when making payment via your atm card. But most of my school online apps didn't request for this code, but www.ets.org/gre and www.ebay.com requested for this code!
Thanks for ur response, if I my ask how can one do it, I mean reg d card
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 19, 2013
My Interview Experience..
Me: Good Morning ma (bowing my head a lil bit)
VO: Oh! Good Morning, please pass me ur documents..
I did...
VO: (looking at my intl passport) How old are you..
Me: 17years 4months
VO: WOW! So u are going to XYZ University.?
Me: Yes ma'am for my undergraduate studies..
VO: (laughin hard) i sure know it couldnt be post graduate.. What are you going for..
Me: International relations..
VO: What are ur plans afta graduation..
Me: I intend to take my studies further and find a suitable role within an international organisation such as African Union, United Nations etc, ideally with specific focus on assisting people, who have been displaced due to war, civil unrest, famine or other natural disaster..
VO: OMG! Who is ur sponsor ?
Me: My Dad..
VO: (typed for some time) I'm glad to tell you ur visa is approved, pick ur (i couldnt hear anything again, like she dey rap)..
Me: (with a smile) thanks ma.. Are you single ?
VO: Yes of course!
Me: Wow! I think u r cute, pretty, beautiful, awesome...
VO: (laughing out loud) cuts in, thanks for the compliments, have a pleasant stay in the US..
Me: (stood up) thanks ma'am (with a wink)..
Waka comot, gave my dad a real hand shake and hug.. I knelt down and look up into d sky and said ''I KNEW THAT WAS YOU''...
That's how the dream went, may God turns it into reality..

10 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 5:18pm On Jul 19, 2013
@Amefrica,

So all this na for dream?! angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 19, 2013
imperiouxx: @Amefrica,

So all this na for dream?! angry

Yes brethren.. Me sef dey vex for myself lol.. Dnt be angry bro..
WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by iamchux(m): 5:33pm On Jul 19, 2013
idalex:
Thanks for ur response, if I my ask how can one do it, I mean reg d card

Yeah, just walk into any GTBank closest to you and ask their customercare about registering for the Token Device...its N2,205!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 5:48pm On Jul 19, 2013
Graham123: Hi Imperiouxx, you seem to be in-the-know and quite conversant with most things relating to this thread. Please, can you address my question if you have a little knowledge of that situation?

Saw this late. First of all, you id reminds me of my sec. sch chem about Graham's Law of diffusion and effusion which states that the rate of diffusion or effusion for a gas is inversely proportional to the square root of the molar mass of the gas r ∝ 1/(M)½

Back to the issue. It would be better if you write the department stating your low CGPA as directed by others. Though, I doubt if sciences will welcome such request but who are we to confidently say it's impossible? No hope is lost, so writing them can open your eyes to what you don't know exists.

PS: Don't think about high ranked schools or the like of VIU. Consider some privates but know fully well that you're going to pay much to achieve your dreams.

Best of luck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 5:49pm On Jul 19, 2013
Amefrica:

Yes brethren.. Me sef dey vex for myself lol.. Dnt be angry bro..
WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE wink

Sure! I was only joking.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by yomifowe(m): 5:51pm On Jul 19, 2013
Amefrica: My Interview Experience..
Me: Good Morning ma (bowing my head a lil bit)
VO: Oh! Good Morning, please pass me ur documents..
I did...
VO: (looking at my intl passport) How old are you..
Me: 17years 4months
VO: WOW! So u are going to XYZ University.?
Me: Yes ma'am for my undergraduate studies..
VO: (laughin hard) i sure know it couldnt be post graduate.. What are you going for..
Me: International relations..
VO: What are ur plans afta graduation..
Me: I intend to take my studies further and find a suitable role within an international organisation such as African Union, United Nations etc, ideally with specific focus on assisting people, who have been displaced due to war, civil unrest, famine or other natural disaster..
VO: (typed for some time) I'm glad to tell you ur visa is approved, pick ur (i couldnt hear anything again, like she dey rap)..
VO: (laughing out loud) cuts in, thanks for the compliments, have a pleasant stay in the US..
Waka comot, gave my dad a real hand shake and hug.. I knelt down and look up into d sky and said ''I KNEW THAT WAS YOU''...

Congrats.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 5:51pm On Jul 19, 2013
yomifowe:

Congrats.

grin grin

[size=18pt]NA FOR DREAMS![/size]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 5:56pm On Jul 19, 2013
yomifowe:

Thanks for your concern,
I have gone for my interview, fortunately, I was sent a soft copy of the I-20, admission letter ansd other docs which i printed out. I then went ahead to print the other docs which my sis scanned and emailed to me, got another a/c statement a day b4 the D-Day. I exercised my faith went for the interview and i was not questioned about them @the embassy.

Seriously bro, that thing you did was a veryy Big risk oooo. Don't risk it again.. You might not be that lucky to get a good and lenient VO again. I guess they were in a hurry and didn't notice it.. Because the biro ink of the signature ur school official signed on the i-20 will really show that it is NOT the original. Becos urs will look different from the original one becos u printed it out.

You were just lucky... All docs tendered at the US Embassy must be originals... Photocopies of Documents or any other mediums which are NOT the originals are UNACCEPTABLE at the US Embassy....

If dem ask u for the original copy and one starts beating around the bush, o boi na Straight DENIAL oooo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Graham123: 6:14pm On Jul 19, 2013
imperiouxx:

Saw this late. First of all, you id reminds me of my sec. sch chem about Graham's Law of diffusion and effusion which states that the rate of diffusion or effusion for a gas is inversely proportional to the square root of the molar mass of the gas r ∝ 1/(M)½

Back to the issue. It would be better if you write the department stating your low CGPA as directed by others. Though, I doubt if sciences will welcome such request but who are we to confidently say it's impossible? No hope is lost, so writing them can open your eyes to what you don't know exists.

PS: Don't think about high ranked schools or the like of VIU. Consider some privates but know fully well that you're going to pay much to achieve your dreams.

Best of luck!
Thanks, will do.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by technolee(m): 6:22pm On Jul 19, 2013
Amefrica: My Interview Experience..

Hahahahahha! If I catch you ehn!! I was even dancing here and saying; this guy is so so smart. Anyways, a man cannot live above his thoughts because the ways he is, is the way he thinks. I pray that your testimony will surpass the one stated above. One love

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.