Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,442 members, 7,846,819 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 01:47 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (232) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (488977 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kingcobra2003: 7:10pm On Jul 20, 2013
mckenziiii: just asking,u wuld get it in jesus mighty name Amen#

Amen! Thanks very much, bro!! I'll publish my good news... it would be a great opportunity to attend an Ivy League institution smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fideliajohn(f): 8:04pm On Jul 20, 2013
kingcobra2003: I got denied on Tuesday, 16th July, applying again, got a date for next week. The agent charged my as off though, but it was worth it cos my sch resumes on the 13 August.
@ fidelia.john: was that ur case too? I mean a denial and another interview in about a week?
Don't worry u are getting it this time around, just make sure u knw the reason y u were delayed the first time. I didn't get my date thru the help of agent o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fideliajohn(f): 8:14pm On Jul 20, 2013
asemota osazuwa: [center]i just[color=#006600][/color] want to thank God for wat he has done despite the fact that i was not given the visa but all thanks be to god the vo that interview me was a woman. she was very wicked she did not even wait for me to give him my details he just collected my document and told me no that i have not paid my sevis. meanwhile i have already paid my sevis.just because i did not pay in time she told me no .but i will be going for another interview by God grace , next month [/center] angry
Where did u do ur intereview, lagos/abj?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fideliajohn(f): 8:15pm On Jul 20, 2013
asemota osazuwa: [center]i just[color=#006600][/color] want to thank God for wat he has done despite the fact that i was not given the visa but all thanks be to god the vo that interview me was a woman. she was very wicked she did not even wait for me to give him my details he just collected my document and told me no that i have not paid my sevis. meanwhile i have already paid my sevis.just because i did not pay in time she told me no .but i will be going for another interview by God grace , next month [/center] angry
Where did u do ur intereview, lagos/abj?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by winbyforce: 8:16pm On Jul 20, 2013
kingcobra2003:

I can see ur post of Dec 21, 2012 which has a transcript of ur experience. However, I couldn't see the transcript for Jan 3, 2013 as u directed. Nevertheless, it seems Dec 21, 2012 was the anniversary of ur first denial. That's what I gathered from reading ur post of that date. If so, was the Jan 3, 2013 date the third try? sry about the lawyerly grilling, just want to be sure i'm not jeopardizing my chances by reapplying so soon after a denial. Thanks buddie.
I think imperiouxx meant jan 3rd 2012. Obviously he's been in d US for awhile. Besides imperiouxx who had his 2nd interview 13days after the 1st one,fidelia.john also re-applied within 10days and got hers. So no worries bro wink grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kingcobra2003: 8:18pm On Jul 20, 2013
fidelia.john:

Don't worry u are getting it this time around, just make sure u knw the reason y u were delayed the first time. I didn't get my date thru the help of agent o.

Amen o!! thanks a millie
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kingcobra2003: 8:20pm On Jul 20, 2013
winbyforce:
I think imperiouxx meant jan 3rd 2012. Obviously he's been in d US for awhile. Besides imperiouxx who had his 2nd interview 13days after the 1st one,fidelia.john also re-applied within 10days and got hers. So no worries bro wink grin

@winbyforce: Amen, that helps a lot.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by clementcro(m): 9:11pm On Jul 20, 2013
fidelia.john:

d

How did you schedule your appointment, I got denied on the 25th of last month, since then, I havent been able to make another appointment.

what time of the day did you try booking the appointment on the US site? Morning afternoon, or night? weekdays or weekend?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fideliajohn(f): 10:00pm On Jul 20, 2013
clementcro: d

How did you schedule your appointment, I got denied on the 25th of last month, since then, I havent been able to make another appointment.

what time of the day did you try booking the appointment on the US site? Morning afternoon, or night? weekdays or weekend?
I think new dates are released in the morning. Around 10-11am but the old dates like the dropped date are released around 6-7pm. So wen I was searching for dates I use my 3 life lines around 10:30am,3pm and 6:30pm. And again, it depends on the location of the embassy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by osram(m): 10:08pm On Jul 20, 2013
mckenziiii: but fittty he didn't ask mi 4 my gre d third time,even my first interview dey never mentioned any test,it was d second d lady ask n I xplained to er n she said I shouldn't boder d third one just two questions alone,pls r my answ ok pls am not just happy actually dat gy. Was just denienn everybodii dat comes his way
its d skul u applied to,most of all dz private uni dnt av anytn to offer,they r jst after ur money.my advice wud b try n get anoda uni(public preferable)dt offer a similar course to d above nd by Gods grace dt visa wud b urs bro.#my2cents sha

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by obsy2020: 10:18pm On Jul 20, 2013
Olarway is on his way to houston. Safe trip bro. Wish u d best in obamaland.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 11:10pm On Jul 20, 2013
winbyforce:

Thanks bro. I mean my Jan 3, 2012 post. I can't just stop this typo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 11:44pm On Jul 20, 2013
@Misstoyo. Thank you very much. She was able to pay it today. She just called me. @annoymous and Walspring thank you too for your help. I appreciate it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 11:48pm On Jul 20, 2013
imperiouxx: Where is [size=15pt]FLYNBIRD![/size]

(1) When paying through WU, the form they give isn't the same as it appears online (I'VE SAID THIS BEFORE MANY TIMES - It confuses new payers). They need to key the normal payer info in the payer's tab and key in "FMJFEE" on the tab where company name/code is asked. Then wait for like 5 seconds, the next box would then appear showing where they can key in other SEVIS fee info. If they don't wait during this window processing time or don't key in "FMJFEE" in the company name/code, the computer will think they're only sending money to whoever not fmjfee.

The keyword to get the sevis paid at WU outlet is by typing FMJFEE as the company name/code and wait for few seconds.

(2) I received a call from a friend in Virginia asking if he can change the name after paying the SEVIS fee because he was asked to put in his own name as the sender but not the name of the actual student paying the SEVIS fee. He said this isn't his first time of paying using the student name but it's like the rule is changed now.

(3) God help you.

Imperioxxx, I don't know how she paid it. But she said they didn't allow her use my name. So she had to use hers. I'll be emailing DHS for a change of info.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by djunit1(m): 11:49pm On Jul 20, 2013
What has comportment and facial expression got to do with an interview? Just act normal, and not laugh like a lunatic. That should be good enough

I hail the house
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 11:50pm On Jul 20, 2013
flynbird:

Imperioxxx, I don't know how she paid it. But she said they didn't allow her use my name. So she had to use hers. I'll be emailing DHS for a change of info.

That's what I said in (2). A friend told me it's like paying with student name is not possible anymore.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 12:00am On Jul 21, 2013
djunit1: What has comportment and facial expression got to do with an interview? Just act normal, and not laugh like a lunatic. That should be good enough

I hail the house

Who's talking to this one? Someone should tell me this is just a joke

Well, I'm only talking to those who had gone for various interviews other than US visa interview. Since it seems you don't know comportment and facial expression can influence outcome of any interview like I said in that post and would like to know, here are links for you.

They will do you good so that you don't lay another ridiculous emphasis on roles of behavior during interviews:

http://www.cvtips.com/interview/about-nonverbal-expressions.html
http://www.alnmag.com/article/optimizing-interview-process-part-1-facial-expressions
http://www.careerbuilder.com/Article/CB-2027-Interview-Tips-Your-nonverbal-communication-can-wreck-your-interview/
http://gabrielatardea-development..com/2008/11/body-language-face-expressions-and-eye.html
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 12:24am On Jul 21, 2013
imperiouxx:

That's what I said in (2). A friend told me it's like paying with student name is not possible anymore.

Ok. I'll email DHS. I hope I get my reciept before my interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 12:31am On Jul 21, 2013
flynbird:

Ok. I'll email DHS. I hope I get my reciept before my interview

Hopefully.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 1:48am On Jul 21, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 1:49am On Jul 21, 2013
@imperiouxx

<Then you should be your pastor/imam's close friend.> hahahaha grin grin grin lwkmd
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Chars1289: 7:03am On Jul 21, 2013
Going for ur interview soon.check this out.Might be helpful

http://www.prosperoverseas.com/i102/content/usa-visa-interview-guide

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by theHanafis(m): 2:27pm On Jul 21, 2013
House I have tried to register for d TOEFL test over d weekend but all my efforts prove to b abortive.I use d diamond bank visa, gave dem my card number and d 3 digit number.b4 I try registring online I called ets on friday so dat dae could help register buh dae were off for d dae cos it was around pass 5. I didn't try GT bank Master card because it was written clearly in my profile dat ets dnt accept Master card from a list of African countries in which nigeria was included.pls house any suggestion on d way out ?My date is fast approaching n centers are filling up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jul 21, 2013
theHanafis: House I have tried to register for d TOEFL test over d weekend but all my efforts prove to b abortive.I use d diamond bank visa, gave dem my card number and d 3 digit number.b4 I try registring online I called ets on friday so dat dae could help register buh dae were off for d dae cos it was around pass 5. I didn't try GT bank Master card because it was written clearly in my profile dat ets dnt accept Master card from a list of African countries in which nigeria was included.pls house any suggestion on d way out ?My date is fast approaching n centers are filling up.

Get to me via my profile. I might be of help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by theHanafis(m): 3:36pm On Jul 21, 2013
@Ferdimako I wil.tnx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by theHanafis(m): 3:47pm On Jul 21, 2013
@ferdimako, I hav try to get ur profile buh didn't knw wat to do exactly.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by omonaijar: 4:16pm On Jul 21, 2013
theHanafis: House I have tried to register for d TOEFL test over d weekend but all my efforts prove to b abortive.I use d diamond bank visa, gave dem my card number and d 3 digit number.b4 I try registring online I called ets on friday so dat dae could help register buh dae were off for d dae cos it was around pass 5. I didn't try GT bank Master card because it was written clearly in my profile dat ets dnt accept Master card from a list of African countries in which nigeria was included.pls house any suggestion on d way out ?My date is fast approaching n centers are filling up

Try and contact centres directly and see if they can register for you. A centre I did mine in doesn't even allow students who register without them.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Espice(m): 4:36pm On Jul 21, 2013
Please if anyone sees date for August @Lagos consulate's page, please kindly alert the house o. There's presently no available date. Please can someone that has been denied before book for an emergency appointment by calling the embassy?
House please help o!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by odowetalu(m): 4:49pm On Jul 21, 2013
That's what I planed on doing tomorrow
vivysparkles: Odowetalu, please go to dhl office in wuse2 n pickup Ur passport n visa...if u keep calling or mailing u ll keep getting the still processing response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 4:59pm On Jul 21, 2013
theHanafis: House I have tried to register for d TOEFL test over d weekend but all my efforts prove to b abortive.I use d diamond bank visa, gave dem my card number and d 3 digit number.b4 I try registring online I called ets on friday so dat dae could help register buh dae were off for d dae cos it was around pass 5. I didn't try GT bank Master card because it was written clearly in my profile dat ets dnt accept Master card from a list of African countries in which nigeria was included.pls house any suggestion on d way out ?My date is fast approaching n centers are filling up.

Hanafis !!! Please try and use Fidelity bank visa card . ETS accept that for TOEFL and also accept GTB mastercard for GRE. I used both when registering for TOEFL and GRE.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 6:20pm On Jul 21, 2013
obsy2020: Olarway is on his way to houston. Safe trip bro. Wish u d best in obamaland.

Yes ooo, thank you my brother.... Posting this from Houston, landed IAH 5:15am grin grin cool

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 6:30pm On Jul 21, 2013
olarwarlay:

Yes ooo, thank you my brother.... Posting this from Houston, landed IAH 5:15am grin grin cool

When is your former school and the new school resumption date. I and Seunbunmi spoke on phone yesterday after you left Nigeria and there is something important I would like you to know.

Call me as soon as possible. Cheers bro!

(1) (2) (3) ... (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.