Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,737 members, 7,862,408 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 03:49 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (229) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (489953 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 19, 2013
technolee:
Hahahahahha! If I catch you ehn!! I was even dancing here and saying; this guy is so so smart. Anyways, a man cannot live above his thoughts because the ways he is, is the way he thinks. I pray that your testimony will surpass the one stated above. One love

Amen bro! Thanks so much.. How i wish that happened in reality..
#fingerscrossed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by vivysparkles(f): 7:04pm On Jul 19, 2013
Where r those who had interviews today? Kehinde oseni n co? Tell us how it went na.....

Imperiouxxx u once said u applied to FIU. Why didn't u attend eventually?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 7:32pm On Jul 19, 2013
vivysparkles: Where r those who had interviews today? Kehinde oseni n co? Tell us how it went na.....

Exactly sis.. I have been refreshing my page to see if I will see their testimonies but nothing..

Where dose nairalanders dt went for interview today, make una no hide una face ooo. Show for here... Let's hear ur good news.......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 7:39pm On Jul 19, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 7:42pm On Jul 19, 2013
imperiouxx:

Saw this late. First of all, you id reminds me of my sec. sch chem about Graham's Law of diffusion and effusion which states that the rate of diffusion or effusion for a gas is inversely proportional to the square root of the molar mass of the gas r ∝ 1/(M)½

Back to the issue. It would be better if you write the department stating your low CGPA as directed by others. Though, I doubt if sciences will welcome such request but who are we to confidently say it's impossible? No hope is lost, so writing them can open your eyes to what you don't know exists.

PS: Don't think about high ranked schools or the like of VIU. Consider some privates but know fully well that you're going to pay much to achieve your dreams.

Best of luck!

O boi.. Oga imperiouxx, wetin we do u na. U wan kill person with dis ur chemistry formular.

We no dey chemistry class na.. cheesy cheesy cheesy.
Why u wan scatter our brain like dis...cheesy. If ma brain die, na u I go hold responsible ooooo...cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by obsy2020: 7:51pm On Jul 19, 2013
oyetpel:
Sorry i wanted to quote @olarwaley
@ oyetpel, no prob, just be rest assured u will definitely get ur visa. Amen
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by idalex: 8:19pm On Jul 19, 2013
Amefrica: My Interview Experience..
Me: Good Morning ma (bowing my head a lil bit)
VO: Oh! Good Morning, please pass me ur documents..
I did...
VO: (looking at my intl passport) How old are you..
Me: 17years 4months
VO: WOW! So u are going to XYZ University.?
Me: Yes ma'am for my undergraduate studies..
VO: (laughin hard) i sure know it couldnt be post graduate.. What are you going for..
Me: International relations..
VO: What are ur plans afta graduation..
Me: I intend to take my studies further and find a suitable role within an international organisation such as African Union, United Nations etc, ideally with specific focus on assisting people, who have been displaced due to war, civil unrest, famine or other natural disaster..
VO: OMG! Who is ur sponsor ?
Me: My Dad..
VO: (typed for some time) I'm glad to tell you ur visa is approved, pick ur (i couldnt hear anything again, like she dey rap)..
Me: (with a smile) thanks ma.. Are you single ?
VO: Yes of course!
Me: Wow! I think u r cute, pretty, beautiful, awesome...
VO: (laughing out loud) cuts in, thanks for the compliments, have a pleasant stay in the US..
Me: (stood up) thanks ma'am (with a wink)..
Waka comot, gave my dad a real hand shake and hug.. I knelt down and look up into d sky and said ''I KNEW THAT WAS YOU''...
That's how the dream went, may God turns it into reality..

lol… Amen, I like ur sense of humour
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 8:40pm On Jul 19, 2013
Amefrica: My Interview Experience..
Me: Good Morning ma (bowing my head a lil bit)
VO: Oh! Good Morning, please pass me ur documents..
I did...
VO: (looking at my intl passport) How old are you..
Me: 17years 4months
VO: WOW! So u are going to XYZ University.?
Me: Yes ma'am for my undergraduate studies..
VO: (laughin hard) i sure know it couldnt be post graduate.. What are you going for..
Me: International relations..
VO: What are ur plans afta graduation..
Me: I intend to take my studies further and find a suitable role within an international organisation such as African Union, United Nations etc, ideally with specific focus on assisting people, who have been displaced due to war, civil unrest, famine or other natural disaster..
VO: OMG! Who is ur sponsor ?
Me: My Dad..
VO: (typed for some time) I'm glad to tell you ur visa is approved, pick ur (i couldnt hear anything again, like she dey rap)..
Me: (with a smile) thanks ma.. Are you single ?
VO: Yes of course!
Me: Wow! I think u r cute, pretty, beautiful, awesome...
VO: (laughing out loud) cuts in, thanks for the compliments, have a pleasant stay in the US..
Me: (stood up) thanks ma'am (with a wink)..
Waka comot, gave my dad a real hand shake and hug.. I knelt down and look up into d sky and said ''I KNEW THAT WAS YOU''...
That's how the dream went, may God turns it into reality..

cheesy cheesy cheesy You this boy won't kill person with laughter. Even peeps that are here couldn't help but laugh out loud after giving them the gist.

At first glance, I begin dey wonder when u did toefl and SAT, got admission, had ur admission packet sent to you and booked an appointment. #lol

Anyways, I pray the dream comes to reality. Now wake up and make it happen! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smartguy1759: 9:44pm On Jul 19, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

You will need to visit the nearest post office close to ur home and ask if ur i-20 package has been delivered because NIPOST receive this document from the US at an early date here in Nigeria but dey will use like 2 to 3 weeks to dispatch it to various homes....

So get moving now.... If it has reached 2 or 3 weeks since your sister sent your package from US to you through Nipost, then I suggest you will have to head to their office near your home to check if has been received..

It should be there... Cheers..
The guy should forget about NIPOST and use other courier services, my I-20 has been sent since April 5th, till tomorrow, av not seen it. I went to the post office in my area everyday for 1 month before giving up. Funny, enough they delivered all the denial letters from other schools I chose smiley Lesson of story, NIPOST knws hw to disappoint just when it matters most. I thank God I nw have my visa tho.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 9:44pm On Jul 19, 2013
vivysparkles: Where r those who had interviews today? Kehinde oseni n co? Tell us how it went na.....

Dem say I no no book cry Admission decision wasn't favorable and was asked to wait.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 9:47pm On Jul 19, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

O boi.. Oga imperiouxx, wetin we do u na. U wan kill person with dis ur chemistry formular.

We no dey chemistry class na.. cheesy cheesy cheesy.
Why u wan scatter our brain like dis...cheesy. If ma brain die, na u I go hold responsible ooooo...cheesy cheesy cheesy

Na because I remember that second term SS 1 when we did Gas Laws..... Avogadro, Boyle, Charles, Graham and Gay Lussac's law.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Chars1289: 9:54pm On Jul 19, 2013
Hello house, Any suggestions for a cheap flight from lagos-to-O'hare,Chicago...10ks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 19, 2013
lisadem:

cheesy cheesy cheesy You this boy won't kill person with laughter. Even peeps that are here couldn't help but laugh out loud after giving them the gist.

At first glance, I begin dey wonder when u did toefl and SAT, got admission, had ur admission packet sent to you and booked an appointment. #lol

Anyways, I pray the dream comes to reality. Now wake up and make it happen! cheesy

hahahahaha! Na so me sef see am, i don turn to Joseph :-D.. Thanks bro.. Que sera, sera (what will be, will be) for sure.... It's gonna happen with the help of God... Hehe!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 19, 2013
idalex:

lol… Amen, I like ur sense of humour

YAY!! Thanks brethren..
#SeeYaAtTheTop
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 5:09am On Jul 20, 2013
My cousin went back to Money Gram for a refund but unfortunately they said it'll take another 1week before he could get my $200 refund back. He said he didn't have anymore $$$ on him to get it done at Western union while he waits for the refund from money gram.

I have some money i thought I could get access to on friday so I could go through the or the Coutonu options but unfortunately I couldn't.

So I talked to this friend of mine who lives in California. I explained the urgency and how much I needed the Sevis fee paid on friday. She told me not to worry that she'll help me pay through Western Union as soon as they are opened for the day. She went to 3 different Western Union locations and kept calling me at every WU office she was, but the senders form she was giving didn't look anything like the DHS sample I sent to her. And besides they said they weren't conversant with DHS Sevis fee.

Now I'll like to ask those that pay theirs from abroad how they get it done.
-Can she use just any Western Union office?
-Does the form giving to her have to look the exact way the DHS sample form looks like?
-Are there just few Western Union offices where Sevis fee can be paid abroad?

I would have asked her to get it done through Money Order but it'll take 2days to deliver and time isn't on my side. She asked me to make inquiries and let her know so she could go back on saturday and get it done with the Form she was given earlier. Or she'll try looking for more WU offices.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 5:39am On Jul 20, 2013
oyetpel: i see you applied to VIU b4 and got denied, and i can see now that you applied to MSU, and got your visa, for BSC. Bro am in the same shoe now, just got denied maybe because of VIU, help me.

oyetpel:
Sorry i wanted to quote @olarwalay

Sorry I'm just replying to ur post, been trying to do last minute prep.

Yes, I applied to VIU for Spring last year. Joined this blessed thread and thank God I told the house about it.

I can still remember vividly the reply I got from Imperiouxx & Yvete telling Me to forget VIU and start all over again.

I heeded, took the TOEFL and SAT, applied to 4 schools, got 3 admissions, chose MSU outta the 3, did all necessaries and went for my interview.

I neither went to the embassy with VIU's I-20 nor was denied. To the glory of God, I got my Undergraduate visa approved at my first attempt.

To all new members, never hide anything important from the gurus in here... Have an open mind and You'll be glad You did.

Wish Y'all success at the embassy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 5:46am On Jul 20, 2013
flynbird: So I talked to this friend of mine who lives in California. I explained the urgency and how much I needed the Sevis fee paid on friday. She told me not to worry that she'll help me pay through Western Union as soon as they are opened for the day. She went to 3 different Western Union locations and kept calling me at every WU office she was, but the senders form she was giving didn't look anything like the DHS sample I sent to her. And besides they said they weren't conversant with DHS Sevis fee.

-Does the form giving to her have to look the exact way the DHS sample form looks like?

I would have asked her to get it done through Money Order but it'll take 2days to deliver and time isn't on my side. She asked me to make inquiries and let her know so she could go back on saturday and get it done with the Form she was given earlier. Or she'll try looking for more WU offices.

There is no special DHS form to pay for SEVIS. It's the same quickpay for everybody but u will modify the form as described in the sample below. I av not heard of some WU offices in the US not being able to process SEVIS fee payments.

NB: the picture actually shows the normal quickpay form on top and a sample i20 below it

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 6:07am On Jul 20, 2013
annoymous:

There is no special DHS form to pay for SEVIS. It's the same quickpay for everybody but u will modify the form as described in the sample below. I av not heard of some WU offices in the US not being able to process SEVIS fee payments.

NB: the picture actually shows the normal quickpay form on top and a sample i20 below it

She didn't see this type of form. Isn't this different form the regular form? Is this type Of form for sevis fee payment called quick pay form? I guess its a different type of service

The form u show here is quite different from what I have frm the pdf version on dhs site. The end of the form ask for Name/Department

I'm just being careful cos I have $200 stuck with money gram and don't want it to happpen here again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by misstoyo(f): 6:41am On Jul 20, 2013
flynbird:

She didn't see this type of form. Isn't this different form the regular form? Is this type Of form for sevis fee payment called quick pay form? I guess its a different type of service

In America it's called quick collect not quick pay. Not all western union outlets have quick collect. So she has to go online to the western union website and look for the nearest quick collect close to her or she can Google it. The quick collect form would look like the picture above or slightly different. There is no special sevis type of form. If you can give me her location I can find the nearest quick collect outlets close to her.
I know what you passing through. I went through the same dilemma when it was my turn
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 6:53am On Jul 20, 2013
misstoyo:

In America it's called quick collect not quick pay. Not all western union outlets have quick collect. So she has to go online to the western union website and look for the nearest quick collect close to her or she can Google it. The quick collect form would look like the picture above or slightly different. There is no special sevis type of form. If you can give me her location I can find the nearest quick collect outlets close to her.
I know what you passing through. I went through the same dilemma when it was my turn

Thank you. She lives in National City, California
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by misstoyo(f): 6:54am On Jul 20, 2013
flynbird:

The form u show here is quite different from what I have frm the pdf versin on dhs site. The end of the form ask for Name/Department

The one you saw on the DHS site is Quick Pay. The one posted on here is Quick collect.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by misstoyo(f): 7:03am On Jul 20, 2013
flynbird:

Thank you. She lives in National City, California

I hope I helped in some way.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 7:18am On Jul 20, 2013
Thank you. It sure would.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by misstoyo(f): 7:30am On Jul 20, 2013
flynbird: Thank you. It sure would.

See the instructions in the image. It's a little bit different when filling the quick collect. Don't make any errors. Follow it and you would b fine

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 8:29am On Jul 20, 2013
flynbird: My cousin went back to Money Gram for a refund but unfortunately they said it'll take another 1week before he could get my $200 refund back. He said he didn't have anymore $$$ on him to get it done at Western union while he waits for the refund from money gram.

I have some money i thought I could get access to on friday so I could go through the or the Coutonu options but unfortunately I couldn't.

So I talked to this friend of mine who lives in California. I explained the urgency and how much I needed the Sevis fee paid on friday. She told me not to worry that she'll help me pay through Western Union as soon as they are opened for the day. She went to 3 different Western Union locations and kept calling me at every WU office she was, but the senders form she was giving didn't look anything like the DHS sample I sent to her. And besides they said they weren't conversant with DHS Sevis fee.

You need to tell that you friend to tell the western union woman that she is pay to homeland security and their account name/number she sending it to so she will ask for a payment service form or send money form i will attach it but it does might not look like the one i will attach but that is the only form you can use to send money to people or people account.

Well maybe you email me your number and i call to explain to u better..

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by iamchux(m): 9:01am On Jul 20, 2013
smartguy1759:
The guy should forget about NIPOST and use other courier services, my I-20 has been sent since April 5th, till tomorrow, av not seen it. I went to the post office in my area everyday for 1 month before giving up. Funny, enough they delivered all the denial letters from other schools I chose smiley Lesson of story, NIPOST knws hw to disappoint just when it matters most. I thank God I nw have my visa tho.

I actually intend using nipost too but I don't know if this issue of misplaced parcels apply when designating it to a 'P.O. Box' or is only 'Home address' ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:42am On Jul 20, 2013
misstoyo:

I hope I helped in some way.

Good job sis. Btw, I'm tripping for your 4G wink

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 20, 2013
@Bigfrancis, lol. It's interesting to know your state of origin. We'll definitely take over the State House in the nearest future. Just keep up the good work and keep the ball rolling. Are you on facebook? You can add me or i add you!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by misstoyo(f): 10:10am On Jul 20, 2013
iamchux:

I actually intend using nipost too but I don't know if this issue of misplaced parcels apply when designating it to a 'P.O. Box' or is only 'Home address' ?

Use DHL instead. Pay for the pick-up service. It's about 17k and above depending on the location. They go and pick it up from your school and deliver it to you at your address in 3days at most a week. Choose a mailing address that is easy to find!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by clementcro(m): 10:30am On Jul 20, 2013
Help Everybody,

I have been trying to book an appointment on the US embassy website for the last 2 weeks, but I have not been able to do so, no date seems to be available till the next three month,

Can someone help me on how to go about it, are the date always open once in a week? or what?

Or is there any other medium I can make the appointment?

Please help me.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 20, 2013
@Bigfrancis, use this email address and add me on facebook. I am removing it here pretty soon.

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (401)

Italian Student Visa-help! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.