Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,624 members, 7,851,104 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:30 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (230) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (489429 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FindOut(m): 10:39am On Jul 20, 2013
clementcro: Help Everybody,

I have been trying to book an appointment on the US embassy website for the last 2 weeks, but I have not been able to do so, no date seems to be available till the next three month,

Can someone help me on how to go about it, are the date always open once in a week? or what?

Or is there any other medium I can make the appointment?

Please help me.

Thanks

I'm sure its Lagos consulate you're looking at. I've given up on them bro... booked a mid August date in Abuja yesterday which I hope emergency appointment option will bring backwards in time for me to resume at school. Will head to Abj for my interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 20, 2013
@Clementcro, unfortunately, there's no other way. Just keep "refreshing". Or better still, you can request for a "quick appointment."
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 11:01am On Jul 20, 2013
smartguy1759:
The guy should forget about NIPOST and use other courier services, my I-20 has been sent since April 5th, till tomorrow, av not seen it. I went to the post office in my area everyday for 1 month before giving up. Funny, enough they delivered all the denial letters from other schools I chose smiley Lesson of story, NIPOST knws hw to disappoint just when it matters most. I thank God I nw have my visa tho.

Lmao! grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithremmy: 11:19am On Jul 20, 2013
Ms Nas:
Lol. Bros, I dunno o. She got that date out of a stroke of luck. Probably some people dropped theirs. She was able to pick it smiley

O BOY WE HAVE THE SAME ISSUE OOOO IMAGINE THE THING I DID I GOT 5TH AUGUST ON MONDAY IN ABUJA I REFUSE IT LATER GOT 13 AUG IN ABUJA I CANCEL IT CAUSE I NEED EMERGENCY APPOINTMENT NOW I DID GET ANY I END UP GETTING 20 AUG IN ABUJA CAN YOU SEE AM DOOMED ANYONE HELP ME WITH EMERGENCY PROCESS CONTACT ME ON WHATSAPP 08084199505 ASWELL YAHOO SMITHREMMY01@YAHOO.COM

AND FINALLY THE MRV CAN ONLY BE CANCEL TWO TIMES CAUSE THE SYSTEM SAY IF I CANCEL AGAIN I WILL HAVE TO PAY ANOTHER ONE MRV ANYBODY HELP I GUESS THIS STRANGE ON HERE
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 11:21am On Jul 20, 2013
clementcro: Help Everybody,

I have been trying to book an appointment on the US embassy website for the last 2 weeks, but I have not been able to do so, no date seems to be available till the next three month,

Can someone help me on how to go about it, are the date always open once in a week? or what?

Or is there any other medium I can make the appointment?

Please help me.

Thanks

Call 094601748 to book your interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithremmy: 11:23am On Jul 20, 2013
Find Out!:

I'm sure its Lagos consulate you're looking at. I've given up on them bro... booked a mid August date in Abuja yesterday which I hope emergency appointment option will bring backwards in time for me to resume at school. Will head to Abj for my interview.

THEY ONLY HAVE 20TH AUGUST NORMAL IN ABUJA AND EMERGENCY DATE IS AVAILABLE IN ABUJA
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithremmy: 11:25am On Jul 20, 2013
De Tus: @Clementcro, unfortunately, there's no other way. Just keep "refreshing". Or better still, you can request for a "quick appointment."

HMM THAT EMERGENCY APPOINTMENT ITS OT GOOD ENOUGH OOOOO WHEN YOU CANCEL YOUR APPOINTMENT YOU WONT GET THEIR DATE AND WONT GET YOUR FORMAL DATE IT WILL BE FR AGAIN ITS HAPPENING TO ME NOW
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 20, 2013
NIPOST is simply unreliable. I cannot really fathom why.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kingcobra2003: 12:48pm On Jul 20, 2013
I got denied on Tuesday, 16th July, applying again, got a date for next week. The agent charged my as off though, but it was worth it cos my sch resumes on the 13 August.
@ fidelia.john: was that ur case too? I mean a denial and another interview in about a week?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 20, 2013
Hey folks, where are the guys who went for their interview yesterday? Where are they at the moment? Why are they keeping mum? Whether your visas were approved or not should be posted here. Not getting a visa does not mean you're not good morally or otherwise. It also doesn't mean you're a loser in life. In all honesty, in life, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Even Mr. Obama can acknowledge this. Even when the US Economy is still unbalanced. That was why he said "his best is yet to come" meaning "all of you should not be downhearted". You should expect more improvements.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 12:58pm On Jul 20, 2013
iamchux:

I actually intend using nipost too but I don't know if this issue of misplaced parcels apply when designating it to a 'P.O. Box' or is only 'Home address' ?

Use TNT courier plus pick up service.. They are the cheapest. I used them to receive my i-20 package and my package got to me here within 3 working days.. And I just paid #12,260..

Please 4get about using Nipost or regular mail in receiving such a VITAL document like dt....

Nipost is ONLY reliable for SENDING packages from Nigeria to abroad...

But they are NOT reliable for receiving packages from abroad....

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 1:07pm On Jul 20, 2013
kingcobra2003: I got denied on Tuesday, 16th July, applying again, got a date for next week. The agent charged my as off though, but it was worth it cos my sch resumes on the 13 August.
@ fidelia.john: was that ur case too? I mean a denial and another interview in about a week?

I was denied and I got an emergency date scheduled for the next 13 days then. No agent, no loss, visa approved.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Bimmey(m): 1:15pm On Jul 20, 2013
kingcobra2003: I got denied on Tuesday, 16th July, applying again, got a date for next week. The agent charged my as off though, but it was worth it cos my sch resumes on the 13 August.
pls is it that this agent work with lagos consulate or collaborate with them cos dey refuse to release date for us n dis agent keep boasting they know their way around to get date.C is everywhere
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Bimmey(m): 1:17pm On Jul 20, 2013
imperiouxx:

I was denied and I got an emergency date scheduled for the next 13 days then. No agent, no loss, visa approved.
but somepple r saying they av been calling d number n not getting a date so what s d advice bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kingcobra2003: 1:18pm On Jul 20, 2013
imperiouxx:

Really? wow!! This has given me sooo much hope. Thanks, man. I appreciate this piece of info. Its built up ma confidence.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 1:20pm On Jul 20, 2013
Where is [size=15pt]FLYNBIRD![/size]

(1) When paying through WU, the form they give isn't the same as it appears online (I'VE SAID THIS BEFORE MANY TIMES - It confuses new payers). They need to key the normal payer info in the payer's tab and key in "FMJFEE" on the tab where company name/code is asked. Then wait for like 5 seconds, the next box would then appear showing where they can key in other SEVIS fee info. If they don't wait during this window processing time or don't key in "FMJFEE" in the company name/code, the computer will think they're only sending money to whoever not fmjfee.

The keyword to get the sevis paid at WU outlet is by typing FMJFEE as the company name/code and wait for few seconds.

(2) I received a call from a friend in Virginia asking if he can change the name after paying the SEVIS fee because he was asked to put in his own name as the sender but not the name of the actual student paying the SEVIS fee. He said this isn't his first time of paying using the student name but it's like the rule is changed now.

(3) God help you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 20, 2013
@Kingcobra2003, about a week to the next interview is too soon for the guys. We're viewed as having more potential immigrants impetus than the girls haha, whereas in reality, the girls are much potential immigrants. They go to the US, even before they round off their studies, they're married. They do not need to return home hahaha. Seriously guy, you really have to think this way: I have nothing to lose whether I am approved or not. Good luck to you anyway!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 1:31pm On Jul 20, 2013
Bimmey: but somepple r saying they av been calling d number n not getting a date so what s d advice bro

The time I was applying, we only request for emergency date on their website where we schedule normal date but not by call. I attached my admission letter stating the urgency of doing the interview and I got text the second day saying my request was approved. So, I logged back to the website, cancelled the initial Feb 5, then saw Jan 3 and went for it. Daz or!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FindOut(m): 1:38pm On Jul 20, 2013
smithremmy:

O BOY WE HAVE THE SAME ISSUE OOOO IMAGINE THE THING I DID I GOT 5TH AUGUST ON MONDAY IN ABUJA I REFUSE IT LATER GOT 13 AUG IN ABUJA I CANCEL IT CAUSE I NEED EMERGENCY APPOINTMENT NOW I DID GET ANY I END UP GETTING 20 AUG IN ABUJA CAN YOU SEE AM DOOMED ANYONE HELP ME WITH EMERGENCY PROCESS CONTACT ME ON WHATSAPP 08084199505 ASWELL YAHOO SMITHREMMY01@YAHOO.COM

AND FINALLY THE MRV CAN ONLY BE CANCEL TWO TIMES CAUSE THE SYSTEM SAY IF I CANCEL AGAIN I WILL HAVE TO PAY ANOTHER ONE MRV ANYBODY HELP I GUESS THIS STRANGE ON HERE

I got 16th August. Yet to apply for ermergency appointmentt coz i'm waiting for my sevis fee confirmation. (might change my mind ansd still apply for it before that is ready tho)
I assume you now have a 20th August date right? You dont have to cancel an appointment to get emergency appointment. infact, on the contrary, you need to have booked a normal date (even if it is 1st january, 2025)before you can request for an emergency date. Have a scanned copy of your i-20 ready

All instructions here http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-emergencyappointment.html
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Morris(m): 2:01pm On Jul 20, 2013
Please house In case anyone wants to drop his july or 1st week of August appointment or see a close date within dis limit pls contact me abeg @
08063907966 or
SWEETMORRIS2005@YAHOO.COM.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Bimmey(m): 2:02pm On Jul 20, 2013
imperiouxx:

The time I was applying, we only request for emergency date on their website where we schedule normal date but not by call. I attached my admission letter stating the urgency of doing the interview and I got text the second day saying my request was approved. So, I logged back to the website, cancelled the initial Feb 5, then saw Jan 3 and went for it. Daz or!
oh I c. Thanks then guess I just av to kip hope alive
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by oyetpel(m): 2:42pm On Jul 20, 2013
De Tus: @Kingcobra2003, about a week to the next interview is too soon for the guys. We're viewed as having more potential immigrants impetus than the girls haha, whereas in reality, the girls are much potential immigrants. They go to the US, even before they round off their studies, they're married. They do not need to return home hahaha. Seriously guy, you really have to think this way: I have nothing to lose whether I am approved or not. Good luck to you anyway!
Yea, there is partiality for gals
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fasa2020(m): 3:17pm On Jul 20, 2013
@kingcobra2003 , Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kingcobra2003: 3:26pm On Jul 20, 2013
@fasa2020: done. check ur mail.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kingcobra2003: 3:29pm On Jul 20, 2013
imperiouxx:

I'd really love to learn from ur experience, bro. since my situation is similar. If u'd oblige me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by asemotaosazuwa(m): 3:47pm On Jul 20, 2013
[center]i just[color=#006600][/color] want to thank God for wat he has done despite the fact that i was not given the visa but all thanks be to god the vo that interview me was a woman. she was very wicked she did not even wait for me to give him my details he just collected my document and told me no that i have not paid my sevis. meanwhile i have already paid my sevis.just because i did not pay in time she told me no .but i will be going for another interview by God grace , next month [/center] angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 3:48pm On Jul 20, 2013
kingcobra2003:

I'd really love to learn from ur experience, bro. since my situation is similar. If u'd oblige me.

Check my post on Dec 21, 2012 and Jan 3, 2013 on my profile.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by clementcro(m): 3:56pm On Jul 20, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Call 094601748 to book your interview.

@bigfrancis21, how real is this, has anyone ever booked through this medium before?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mckenziiii: 3:57pm On Jul 20, 2013
imperiouxx:

Check my post on Dec 21, 2012 and Jan 3, 2013 on my profile.
hv bin denied 3times nw am really confused my last interview was on tue I was only asked 2 quest,purpose of my trip n why my skl d
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by asemotaosazuwa(m): 3:57pm On Jul 20, 2013
i have a qus to ask? if u are giving a date in your i20 that u should report to the school by less say 1 of october and u only have one week left to the date they told u. and u went ahead and book adate .which fell on th 7 of october can u still go to the school or has it expired?.[b][/b][i][/i][center][/center][color=#770077][/color]

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.