Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,857 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (333) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (487717 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by JFK12: 2:06pm On Aug 28, 2013
Hello house,am here again with my question,pls don't get tired of me,lol...pls can one pay application fee online with GTB masternaira card ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by jamiu4real(m): 3:49pm On Aug 28, 2013
JFK12: Hello house,am here again with my question,pls don't get tired of me,lol...pls can one pay application fee online with GTB masternaira card ?

Am also using the GTbank naira mastercard but it is not going through with all internet merchant payment gateway,who knows you might be lucky with your school application payment system . but my UBA Africa visacard is going through .. you can get one for your self and use it for any internet and international card payment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nairaspace: 4:12pm On Aug 28, 2013
phatrat: Hello bro please I need school I can apply for before spring that don't need TOEFL thanks

Bemidji State University
Emporia State University
University of Nebraska-Omaha

Try those!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nairaspace: 4:13pm On Aug 28, 2013
babsharon:
Check university of new mexico, wayne state university, memphis state university etc. But is advisable u still write TOEFL all because of Embassy.

SAT Preferably.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eucharia64: 5:37pm On Aug 28, 2013
Please guys a quick one. on d DS form i filled a different name for who is paying for my trip but presently i do not have the person's statement of acc because he is not available presently, but have another of my family's acc statemet as a sponsor. My interview is tomoro, pls if i am asked y they are two diff pple wat is best to say?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 5:42pm On Aug 28, 2013
eucharia64: Please guys a quick one. on d DS form i filled a different name for who is paying for my trip but presently i do not have the person's statement of acc because he is not available presently, but have another of my family's acc statemet as a sponsor. My interview is tomoro, pls if i am asked y they are two diff pple wat is best to say?

That's no problem. Who sponsors your schooling is what they need. Once you've that person's acc statement, you're free to go, even if your landlord would be paying for your trip out of generosity.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eucharia64: 5:53pm On Aug 28, 2013
ok thanx alot. @landlord paying for ma trip lmao
imperiouxx:

That's no problem. Who sponsors your schooling is what they need. Once you've that person's acc statement, you're free to go, even if your landlord would be paying for your trip out of generosity.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by webstradamus: 7:39pm On Aug 28, 2013
olarwarlay: @Flynbird - For your international calls, use KeepCalling.com.... All you need to do is register, choose a local number to use, buy the desired minutes, activate the pinless dial option and call from your phone.

I have been using them since i got here too because they charge 0.049 per minutes to Nigeria which means 60 minutes(1hr) = $2.94... Their service is the cheapest i have seen when it comes to dialing from your cell phone, even cheaper than Amantel.

Skype international calls to Nigeria is cheap too($1.99 for 1hr), but it's either you dial from your laptop or you download the mobile app on your phone. I can't use it because my phone doesn't support the app and i hate sitting in from of the laptop everytime before i could call home.

Great suggestions Olarwarlay!

@Flynbird

You might also want to check out Localphone at http://www.localphone.com/prices/monthly_subscriptions

$7.80/month gets you 200 minutes to Nigeria. That's 3.9¢/min. However, you cannot carry over unused minutes to the next month.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 8:59pm On Aug 28, 2013
THANKS BROV
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 9:19pm On Aug 28, 2013
@house does anyone knows how to make use of this Nairaland PM i gat this, You have 1 new Nairaland PM. Please check your e-mail account how do i check this mail?
Na justwise dey put us for all this ¨GOBE¨
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadinus(m): 10:01pm On Aug 28, 2013
smithjanetstore: @house does anyone knows how to make use of this Nairaland PM i gat this, You have 1 new Nairaland PM. Please check your e-mail account how do i check this mail?
Na justwise dey put us for all this ¨GOBE¨

Check the inbox of the email address u used wehn u registered on the nairaland site.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 10:25pm On Aug 28, 2013
webstradamus:

Great suggestions Olarwarlay!

@Flynbird

You might also want to check out Localphone at http://www.localphone.com/prices/monthly_subscriptions

$7.80/month gets you 200 minutes to Nigeria. That's 3.9¢/min. However, you cannot carry over unused minutes to the next month.

Your's is a good suggestion too but i prefer KeepCalling because you can call any country you want with the amount you load.

You just need to check the website for the call rates to that particular country. I loaded $5 the last time and i have been using it to talk to my people in Nigeria, my Uncle in the UK and my friend in Tashkent.

You can only use your localphone.com subscription to call only the country you selected during subscription.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 10:34pm On Aug 28, 2013
How can i get? do i need to open account with UBA?

jamiu4real:

Am also using the GTbank naira mastercard but it is not going through with all internet merchant payment gateway,who knows you might be lucky with your school application payment system . but my UBA Africa visacard is going through .. you can get one for your self and use it for any internet and international card payment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Babs911(m): 10:43pm On Aug 28, 2013
imperiouxx:

Can i fill in another DS-160 form and ignore the previous have filled all in the name of different school data inside?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:59pm On Aug 28, 2013
elders in the house, how do we go about getting glowing letters of rec from naija profs/lecturers who barely know you. this american schools and their wahala. wen i tot passing the gre was the biggest headeache, now this. all my prospective schools asking for 3 rec letters. i was an anonymous student and i dont have a rapport with any lecturer cept my project supervisor. pls suggestions needed. tanx.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 11:47pm On Aug 28, 2013
Horayce: elders in the house, how do we go about getting glowing letters of rec from naija profs/lecturers who barely know you. this american schools and their wahala. wen i tot passing the gre was the biggest headeache, now this. all my prospective schools asking for 3 rec letters. i was an anonymous student and i dont have a rapport with any lecturer cept my project supervisor. pls suggestions needed. tanx.

Sir, not even one?! Ehn ko le ke. Call your supervisor. He can assist u by talking to those profs on ur behalf before u show up in person. Or, walk down to ur school and head to ur department's administrative office and talk with ur HOD. Once u never had any bad record while an Undergrad, those profs are ALWAYS willing to help on issues like this. You don't have to know them at times but it will be good if u politely tell them what you would love to have in d recommendation. This will enable them hit the nail on the head and avoid redundant stuffs...u sabi hw naija profs dey do na: oversabi!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kamloops: 12:14am On Aug 29, 2013
hey guy,

please how is the visa process and success rate for masters student application for USA. secondly if i get admissionand i20 without writing gre/gmat does this affect getting a visa?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 12:49am On Aug 29, 2013
Hello house,

My hands are so heavy with vaccines, was told I still need to get more.. They are just giving me even the ones that my school neither require nor recommended. I still have not got anything to show as proof that i actually got those vaccines apart from my hospital card.. what can i do?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by herawesomeness: 12:55am On Aug 29, 2013
Hello house, should have posted this on monday, but I've been a lil busy, I apologize. smiley

Interview was on monday, 7:30am at the Lagos consulate.
Got to the embassy around 6:30am and had to wait for our appointment time to be called, did the required security checks and entered into the interview hall. The place be like market, see people! anyway, I went to submit my documents (passport, I-20 etc) and found a seat. After a while, my name was called for finger printing and all. Did that and found another seat (long queue). Looking out for my number on the screens, but the numbers weren't being called serially, in fact, I would say, it had been pre-arranged because I was called even before the people that came in before me, and some that came in after me were called before me, etc. I dunno how u guys do it, but I couldn't really pay attention to other people being interviewed, everywhere was kinda rowdy, or was it my nervousness Although I managed to observe one guy being interviewed for the student visa, he's responses were so incoherent, he kept asking the vo to repeat himself, even when we that were sitting down were hearing the vo loud and clear, and his answers were just "I'm going to school" "school is in US" kinda answers, it wasnt a surprise that he was refused, that was when I understood the benefits of this thread. Long story short, my name and number was finally called, (didnt appear on the screen o, not even for the biometrics) and I proceeded to window 2 for my interview. For purposes of anonymity, I'll conceal some elements of my information but it wont affect the overall purpose.

VO: good morning
me: good morning ma (picked up the telephone, dont want ppl nosing in my business, lol, plus I'm a bit shy wink )
VO: It says here that your going to study (documents were already in their possession since I submitted it as soon as I came in)
me: yes ma
VO: where is your institution located in the US? (its a private institution)
me: The institution is located in san bernandino county, in california
VO: ok, why did you select this university?
me: Well, when I was searching for institutions offering the program, I had to select based on the contents of the curriculum if they contained the core components of what the degree was all about (mentioned 2 components), and I found that of all the institutions accredited to offer this program, this was the only institution that was offering the program to international professionals who do not have a US license to practice (its a health profession), so coupled with the fact that they had a very comprehensive curriculum and also the fact that its a christian institution with super high moral standards, it was just a win-win situation all round for me to select this university (note: this was the only institution I applied to, because I was not eligible to apply to any other institution due to the license clause)
VO: (seemed like she was trying to comprehend the information I just downloaded and was waiting to hear more explanation, but had to proceed with the interview) Ok, so where did you obtain your bachelor's and master's degree from?
me: I obtained my bachelor's degree from the university of lagos, and this program is actually a combination of masters and doctorate
VO: oh ok. so, have you ever travelled out of the country before?
me: Well, I was born in the UK, I dunno if that counts?
VO: (laughs and says something I didn't hear)
me: Then I was taken again to the UK at the age of 3, but since then, I haven't really had the opportunity or reason to be out of the country....until now of course (Big francis said, just "no" is not always a good answer)
VO: Ok, so who will be sponsoring your education?
me: Apart from the graduate assistantship I got from the school, my elder brother will be sponsoring me, and my dad and my uncle will also be supporting me, if the need arises.
VO: ok, uhm.. (taps fingers on the table, and seems to be trying to remember what other questions she's supposed to be asking, I guess the Holy Spirit must have ministered to her saying "that's enough, give her this visa let her go abeg"...lol, cos I kept staring into her eyes the whole time it looked like she was trying to quickly make a decision)...
VO: Pick up your visa at apapa...blah blah blah (passes the white paper)
me: (smiles) Thank you very much ma. grin grin grin

No documents requested (me wey don arrange documents with tags sef for easy access..lol)... That was just the hand of God!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 1:09am On Aug 29, 2013
congrats herawesomeness. You actually had an awesome interview. Have a pleasant stay in Obamaland grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 1:19am On Aug 29, 2013
olarwarlay:

Your's is a good suggestion too but i prefer KeepCalling because you can call any country you want with the amount you load.

You just need to check the website for the call rates to that particular country. I loaded $5 the last time and i have been using it to talk to my people in Nigeria, my Uncle in the UK and my friend in Tashkent.

You can only use your localphone.com subscription to call only the country you selected during subscription.

Thanks a lot for this handy tips omoluabi. I got the one am using now for $10 ~ (150mins) on my T-mobile line to call any country but guess yours is a better bargain. Am gonna give it a try once this one is exhausted.

Hope you are cool omo Osun now omo Texas grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 1:31am On Aug 29, 2013
Babs911:

Can i fill in another DS-160 form and ignore the previous have filled all in the name of different school data inside?

I don't fully understand your situation but YES to your question. You can fill as many DS-160 forms as you wish but ensure you update the current application ID on http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ - the site where visa interview appointment is booked.

All da best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Stdhayour: 1:44am On Aug 29, 2013
pls house i need help with gre material email is
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 1:49am On Aug 29, 2013
lisadem:

Thanks a lot for this handy tips omoluabi. I got the one am using now for $10 ~ (150mins) on my T-mobile line to call any country but guess yours is a better bargain. Am gonna give it a try once this one is exhausted.

Hope you are cool omo Osun now omo Texas grin

Beeni, omoluabi nimi lojokojo.... Yes, you should give it a try 'coz i am enjoying it right now.

Shebi you too don become omo Texas now, that makes the two of us. grin grin cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 2:32am On Aug 29, 2013
St.dhayour:
pls house i need help with gre material email is dberrios60@gmaildot com
Send an empty mail †̥o selfstudy360@gmail.com, u will receive α mail instantly which will direct u †̥o α link †̥o download the materials.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by winbyforce: 7:12am On Aug 29, 2013
foohard: Hello house,

My hands are so heavy with vaccines, was told I still need to get more.. They are just giving me even the ones that my school neither require nor recommended. I still have not got anything to show as proof that i actually got those vaccines apart from my hospital card.. what can i do?
You'll be issued a vaccination card listing the vaccines you have taken- that's the proof
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 7:39am On Aug 29, 2013
St.dhayour:
pls house i need help with gre material email is dberrios60@gmaildot com

Send an EMPTY MAIL to selfstudy360@gmail.com D download links to the materials will be sent to u.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 9:25am On Aug 29, 2013
herawesomeness: Hello house, should have posted this on monday, but I've been a lil busy, I apologize. smiley

VO: good morning
me: good morning ma (picked up the telephone, dont want ppl nosing in my business, lol, plus I'm a bit shy wink )
VO: It says here that your going to study (documents were already in their possession since I submitted it as soon as I came in)
me: yes ma
VO: where is your institution located in the US? (its a private institution)
me: The institution is located in san bernandino county, in california
VO: ok, why did you select this university?
me: Well, when I was searching for institutions offering the program, I had to select based on the contents of the curriculum if they contained the core components of what the degree was all about (mentioned 2 components), and I found that of all the institutions accredited to offer this program, this was the only institution that was offering the program to international professionals who do not have a US license to practice (its a health profession), so coupled with the fact that they had a very comprehensive curriculum and also the fact that its a christian institution with super high moral standards, it was just a win-win situation all round for me to select this university (note: this was the only institution I applied to, because I was not eligible to apply to any other institution due to the license clause)
VO: (seemed like she was trying to comprehend the information I just downloaded and was waiting to hear more explanation, but had to proceed with the interview) Ok, so where did you obtain your bachelor's and master's degree from?
me: I obtained my bachelor's degree from the university of lagos, and this program is actually a combination of masters and doctorate
VO: oh ok. so, have you ever travelled out of the country before?
me: Well, I was born in the UK, I dunno if that counts?
VO: (laughs and says something I didn't hear)
me: Then I was taken again to the UK at the age of 3, but since then, I haven't really had the opportunity or reason to be out of the country....until now of course (Big francis said, just "no" is not always a good answer)
VO: Ok, so who will be sponsoring your education?
me: Apart from the graduate assistantship I got from the school, my elder brother will be sponsoring me, and my dad and my uncle will also be supporting me, if the need arises.
VO: ok, uhm.. (taps fingers on the table, and seems to be trying to remember what other questions she's supposed to be asking, I guess the Holy Spirit must have ministered to her saying "that's enough, give her this visa let her go abeg"...lol, cos I kept staring into her eyes the whole time it looked like she was trying to quickly make a decision)...
VO: Pick up your visa at apapa...blah blah blah (passes the white paper)
me: (smiles) Thank you very much ma. grin grin grin

No documents requested (me wey don arrange documents with tags sef for easy access..lol)... That was just the hand of God!!!

Congrats!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eucharia64: 10:53am On Aug 29, 2013
Hi all i got ma visaaaaaaa. just leaving d us consulate now. Details coming soon. Tanx y'all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 11:09am On Aug 29, 2013
eucharia64: Hi all i got ma visaaaaaaa. just leaving d us consulate now. Details coming soon. Tanx y'all

Congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by winbyforce: 11:24am On Aug 29, 2013
eucharia64: Hi all i got ma visaaaaaaa. just leaving d us consulate now. Details coming soon. Tanx y'all
Congratulations!!! Enjoy your USA
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eucharia64: 11:33am On Aug 29, 2013
Interview details vo: gd morn
Me: morn
Vo: Y u going to d us:
Me: for a master degree in computer info system with concerntration in info system security.
Vo: how many skuls did u apply to?
Me: 3, calu,cIT,IIT(just one i applied to tho. Lol)
Vo: y dis one
Me: i am interested in d present research being carried out in info system security i want to help fyt cybercrime in nigeria
Vo: what will d cos do for u?
Me: i can position myself to benefit from d opportunity nig industry wil offer. Nig need one million cyber security expert to help tackle cyber crimw and i want to b one
Vo: did u do gre
Me: yes
Vo: who is sponsoring u
Me: my aunt
Vo: what does she do?
Me: shez an IT professional and also owns an IT solution company bla bla
Pick up ur visa on weds bla bla bla. No documents asked oooo. Baba God noni. He is really worthy to b praised.

I am goin to orange county in california any female going to calif in d aws? Holla. Abeg only females ooooo. Lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.