Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,909 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (331) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (486984 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:05pm On Aug 27, 2013
Tochium:

The cheaper the less the standard

lol.... Haba! The cheaper the public school, the nature or endowment of the state.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:08pm On Aug 27, 2013
syahboy: Your statement proves how unequivocally naïve you are. You obviously havent heard of the likes of UT Austin, UC-Berkeley, TAMU etc, try and do a little research and stop boring us with your small mindedness.

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 27, 2013
syahboy: Your statement proves how unequivocally naïve you are. You obviously havent heard of the likes of UT Austin, UC-Berkeley, TAMU etc, try and do a little research and stop boring us with your small mindedness.

Let me just say I agree with your opinion syahboy, but (not to stop the flow or anything) allow me to correct this. Tochium exhibited closed-mindedness, not small mindedness.

grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by winbyforce: 5:29pm On Aug 27, 2013
dolapobello1:

Let me just say I agree with your opinion syahboy, but (not to stop the flow or anything) allow me to correct this. Tochium exhibited closed-mindedness, not small mindedness.

grin
Let us correct/inform each other in love. There was a time in our past when we didn't know as much as we do today. It's actually uncivilised to be abusive. "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle"- Plato

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Dot1(m): 5:42pm On Aug 27, 2013
winbyforce:
Let us correct/inform each other in love. There was a time in our past when we didn't know as much as we do today. It's actually uncivilised to be abusive. "Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle"- Plato
U gat my vote
When u run a search online for d program of ur interest, forexample on usnews, den u'll see top-rated bt cheap schools
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Babs911(m): 6:34pm On Aug 27, 2013
Ok thanks but it is stated in their website that its acceptable to use your debit mastercard to pay for the SEVIS Fees and pls tell me the next line of action if in case i dont have anybody in US.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 6:35pm On Aug 27, 2013
dolapobello1:

grin

Thanks for the insult, u have shown ur level of civilization.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 27, 2013
winbyforce:
Let us correct/inform each other in love. There was a time in our past when we didn't know as much as we do today. It's actually uncivilised to be abusive. "Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle"- Plato

lool. bro, me i jas dey play ni o! ki l'omode mi mo?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 27, 2013
winbyforce:

lool. Didn't mean to be "abusive". bro, me i jas dey play ni o! ki l'omode mi mo?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Babs911(m): 6:40pm On Aug 27, 2013
Pls help me what are ties of studying English in US to Nigeria and help me am given a year course to study in US which is english any idea what question the VO might ask me? urgent and resonable response will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 27, 2013
Tochium:

Thanks for the insult, u have shown ur level of civilization.

Brother, to be totally honest, offence wasn't intended. Serious!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Feexo: 6:58pm On Aug 27, 2013
Syahboyo and house, I tried registering for my GRE with my GTB naira master card today and the dude on the other end kept saying transaction declined. Should I try visa card or is master card acceptable?

Thanks....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 8:51pm On Aug 27, 2013
Babs911: Pls help me what are ties of studying English in US to Nigeria and help me am given a year course to study in US which is english any idea what question the VO might ask me? urgent and resonable response will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Ur statement seems vague sir. Studying English or Studying in English? There are many types of English programs in d US at Undergrad and Grad level. Is it ESL, TESOL, Linguistics, Literature and/or Language? Let us know what aspect of Egl u are going for before fashioning out ways for u to walk tall before the VO.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 8:55pm On Aug 27, 2013
@Ricky and everyone,

Gat info about transferring immediately you arrive US..... READ checkout the link.

Initial Status Transfer

If you arrive at a US school from abroad and decide to immediately transfer you must first report to the school listed on your Form I-20. The School DSO should activate your SEVIS record and transfer it to the new school you plan on attending.

Travel During Transfer Process

If you plan on leaving the country during the transfer process keep in mind that you must reenter with a Form I-20 for the school that holds your active or initial record. So travel must be either:

Started and completed before the transfer release date with an active Form I-20 from the transfer-out school
Started and completed after the transfer release date with an initial Form I-20 from the transfer-in school

http://www.f1studentvisa.com/transferring-in/english.aspx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 8:58pm On Aug 27, 2013
dolapobello1:

grin

cheesy Brothers, we are sons and daughters of different world and consequently we see things from different perspectives. Tochium's post should be read in line with this. Let d 'good old man' lie! Sir Tochium, I'm sure by now, u shld have known dt ur statement was(is) unpopular.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 8:59pm On Aug 27, 2013
@House can somebody please tell me how to make GRE payments i mean the full procedure
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by JFK12: 9:05pm On Aug 27, 2013
Pls house,how many days does it take NIPOST to deliver docs to US schools ? Tnx in anticipation
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by idalex: 9:49pm On Aug 27, 2013
winbyforce:
"Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle"- Plato

wise saying, we are all different and unique.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by iamchux(m): 9:49pm On Aug 27, 2013
JFK12: Pls house,how many days does it take NIPOST to deliver docs to US schools ? Tnx in anticipation

8-10 working days approximately!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 10:04pm On Aug 27, 2013
@House can somebody please tell me how to make GRE payments i mean the full procedure
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by idalex: 10:15pm On Aug 27, 2013
smithjanetstore: @House can somebody please tell me how to make GRE payments i mean the full procedure

Referring to bigfrancis21 post on page 99

TO PROSPECTIVE GRE AND TOEFL TEST
TAKERS:
It is no longer a hidden fact that GRE and
TOEFL test takers in Nigeria cannot register
for the test online. Even someone registering
on your behalf from abroad is banned once
the test taker would still be writing in Nigeria.
Well, I have good news for you. Are you
aware that you could still register for the
exam by yourself, fast and at the lower
official ETS test fee? All you need to do is
simply call ETS and register! Its that simple.
Just as you can call to schedule a visa
appointment, so can you call to register for
your GRE/TOEFL test! If saving money is
your priority, rather than wasting N50,000
needlessly on GRE agents and enriching their
bank accounts when you could simply do it
yourself at the cheaper official GRE price of
$185(N29600) or at $175(N28,000) for
TOEFL, then this option is best for you.
To register, you'll need the following:
1) Your GRE account login details on the ETS
website. If you don't have an account
already, quickly visit http://www.ets.org/gre
to create your account. For TOEFL, you'll
need your TOEFL account login details on
the ETS website. If you don't have an
account already, quickly visit http://
www.ets.org/toefl to create your account.
2) A valid GTB MasterCard. I can't really
vouch for other types of debit cards because
I've not used them before. However, I'm sure
of GTB MasterCard because it never fails to
work. Take note of the 16-digit card number
printed on the front of the card, the expiry
date (month and year) also embossed on the
front of the card and lastly, the c.v.v code,
which is the 3-digit code printed on the back
of your ATM card. Have these details handy
because you'll need to provide them to the
agent to enable them make the payment over
there for you. Of course, I need not remind
you that you must have funds of, at least,
the registration fee amount in your account
for a successful payment.
After you must have done the above, then
you're ready to go. Call the ETS Registration
Center on +31320239593 . That is the phone
number of the ETS Registration center or
Region 9 located in Netherlands and it is the
ETS center, out of the 12 regional registration
centers worldwide, in charge of registering
Nigerians for TOEFL and GRE. Once you call,
you'll hear the voice prompt and wait to be
connected to the next available customer
agent. Once you're connected, the agent will
ask you for your login details which will
enable him log into your account and register
you over there by himself.
First, you'll be asked for these details - first
name, middle name, surname, address, date
of birth, phone number, email address,
preferred test center number and test date.
Second, comes the payment stage. At this
stage you'll provide the agent with your ATM
card details to enable him/her key in the
data and make the payment himself. Once
successful, you'll be told by the agent and
also receive an email immediately containing
your examination e-ticket.
PS: Be sure to recharge, at least, N750 credit
on your phone as you'll be spending some
good quality time on the call (15-20
minutes).
Please, this is in no way a scam but rather,
its one of the valid means of registering for
the GRE or TOEFL test as you'll see stated on
the ETS website:
http://www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/
register/cbt/
http://www.ets.org/toefl/ibt/register?
WT.ac=toeflhome_ibtregister_121127
However, only a few people know about this
easy and cheap means. Two noble members
from this forum registered successfully on
Friday and this morning after telling them
about it.
Success.
http://www.ets.org/s/mygre/rrc.html
www.ets.org/s/toefl/pdf/
toefl_ibt_rrcs_11-12.pdf

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by risherris: 10:43pm On Aug 27, 2013
Contact me,will defnately be of help in my own way.....
bigass: Hello house. My friend has interview at the Lagos consulate tomorrow but her bag containing her passport was stolen this afternoon. Kindly advise her.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lincpon: 11:19pm On Aug 27, 2013
JFK12: Pls house,how many days does it take NIPOST to deliver docs to US schools ? Tnx in anticipation
mine took 14 to 20 days.... but I was scared along the way because they told me it will only take 10 working days.
I used NIPOST registered mail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 12:31am On Aug 28, 2013
Feexo: Syahboyo and house, I tried registering for my GRE with my GTB naira master card today and the dude on the other end kept saying transaction declined. Should I try visa card or is master card acceptable?

Thanks....

Put a call through and use ANY recognised card sir.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 3:54am On Aug 28, 2013
To those thinking of a transfer without attending first semester in the school on their visa,

Do not inform your original school of your intent to transfer before you enter the US... Make sure you are here already before informing them, because some schools will cancel your i20 before you get to the POE.

I transferred to a cheaper school immediately after i got here without attending the first semester in my original school.

However, to do this perfectly without no hassles or repercussion, make sure you follow the necessary steps. A certain school even cancelled my friend's i20 even after getting here just because they didn't want to release him. His new school had to start a reinstatement process for him.

PM me if you need more explanation on this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 4:08am On Aug 28, 2013
Ms Nas: Oya o. Lemme do the chronicles of my travel like other people too did it grin
Journey started Lagos.

There, we met another Nigerian who was on the same flight with us from Nigeria but going to chicago. She saw me log into NL, and she was like, do you know this place? I said yes. She was like ooooh, I read it too. What's your monicker? Is it flynbird? Looooool. I tell am say no be me be flying bird oo.

Lool... Why me nau? sad

Glad you enjoyed your trip. I've been busy lately, wanted to meet you before you left Ibadan. Didn't know you'll be flying soon sad.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 4:18am On Aug 28, 2013
imperiouxx:

Yesterday I got the idea of how much sim cost again when I was about cutting my sim from normal to micro sim. The highest T mobile was just $4 + $30 or $50 plan rate (on T-mobile site is $10 + $30 or $50 plan rate). So where is the $50 on sim? Moreover, prepaid will drive you

Told you to relax, get to where you're going, the next day go to Walmart, get any sim or paid phone. Don't tell me they will be worried because you left for America and haven't called them just for 2 days.

Ok Sir! Does the plan include long distance calls? Or I'll have to get a special plan for long distance calls?
I read on another thread (Student life in USA) that prepaid is better off than others so I was kinda confused.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 4:23am On Aug 28, 2013
Ms Nas: Oya o. Lemme do the chronicles of my travel like other people too did it grin
Journey started Lagos.

Additional
Airplane food e get as e be! They gave me pasta, e be like something wey I no know. Despite that, the white guy just dey chop am as if tomorrow won't come. I just dey fart. I forgot my Pizza and jacket onboard KLM too. JJC things

I'll be flying Emirate. I hope they don't have Onions or Garlic in their meals cos I'll starve if they do sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kpolli(m): 4:35am On Aug 28, 2013
flynbird:

Ok Sir! Does the plan include long distance calls? Or I'll have to get a special plan for long distance calls?
I read on another thread (Student life in USA) that prepaid is better off than others so I was kinda confused.

No it doesn't

flynbird:

I'll be flying Emirate. I hope they don't have Onions or Garlic in their meals cos I'll starve if they do sad

Think it does, but u can make special order I think

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.