Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,241 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (359) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (487009 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Obidikejr(m): 2:09pm On Sep 17, 2013
plz house am on this Sevis Issue again...aside someone paying from the states for me, any oda alternative? money order nkor?. .am aboutin emailin my school if de can help me with d payment...plz wat oda options do I have to pay? visa interview is next month...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Obidikejr(m): 2:16pm On Sep 17, 2013
@tochium how fa? long tym...wat reason do de have to say No to u at d consulate?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Obidikejr(m): 2:20pm On Sep 17, 2013
i'll be emailin my school this evening pls house I need. a fast response..danke
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 3:10pm On Sep 17, 2013
Obidike jr.:
@tochium how fa? long tym...wat reason do de have to say No to u at d consulate?

they said my application does not qualify me for a visa..... it was a community college..... this time I applied to a Uni (Utah State Uni)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 3:31pm On Sep 17, 2013
Obidike jr.:
plz house am on this Sevis Issue again...aside someone paying from the states for me, any oda alternative? money order nkor?. .am aboutin emailin my school if de can help me with d payment...plz wat oda options do I have to pay? visa interview is next month...
if you base in lagos, u can pay it @ cotonou/seme border or get someone who is sincere to help u pay it if u are not a lagos base.
Thats another option u have.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Obidikejr(m): 4:33pm On Sep 17, 2013
babsharon:
if you base in lagos, u can pay it @ cotonou/seme border or get someone who is sincere to help u pay it if u are not a lagos base.
Thats another option u have.
,..pls babsharon can you be the sincere one? you reside in lagos?...pls house anyone residing in lag to help me pay for my SEVIS fee? i'll be most grateful @babsheron
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Feexo: 5:20pm On Sep 17, 2013
House, check out what I got from a school in Texas:

All candidates MUST submit:

1. Original transcripts, test scores, and other requested academic information DIRECTLY from the institution attended or testing agency. No scanned or hand delivered transcripts or scores can be accepted.
2. All accepted candidates MUST first submit a bank draft or direct wire sum of $7,300 BEFORE an I-20 can be issued. This sum represents APPROXIMATELY two semesters of tuition and must be on deposit with the university.
3. All accepted candidates must submit a bank statement showing $17,284 for 12 months of tuition and cost of living.

Should I just look for another school to make the number of schools am looking at 4 again or what?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Feexo: 5:22pm On Sep 17, 2013
The annoying thing is that the idiot sent the message today after I don already start the application process. Can I mail to ask if they can waive that for me or make I bone them?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Obidikejr(m): 5:25pm On Sep 17, 2013
am applyin to a community college too, i researched online about why some consulars reject community college visas while some dont, i'll be posting the weblink in a min,..the Us secretary of education is trying to iron out the issue because some Ccollege are complaining bitterly that most of their f-1 visa student are denied.. five students from china wer all denied on the grounds that they all applied to a CC...sincerely it doesnt make sense. its so unfair... I dunno me too applied to a CC, i'll be going for my interview next month..I am believing that since I've travelled out twice.. to SA and US (wit a Tourist visa) i will stand a chance...what do u tink?...u wer interviewed in abj? @ tochium
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Obidikejr(m): 5:32pm On Sep 17, 2013
www.communitycollegetimes.com/Pages/
Campus-Issues/Denial-of-student-visas-
still-concern-two-year-colleges.aspx

..if the weblink doesnt redirect you to the page jus copy and paste in your browser
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by samnoah(m): 5:51pm On Sep 17, 2013
@dolapobello1: I sent you a PM. Waiting to hear from you soon
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 6:34pm On Sep 17, 2013
Feexo: House, check out what I got from a school in Texas:

1. Original transcripts, test scores, and other requested academic information DIRECTLY from the institution attended or testing agency. No scanned or hand delivered transcripts or scores can be accepted.
2. All accepted candidates MUST first submit a bank draft or direct wire sum of $7,300 BEFORE an I-20 can be issued. This sum represents APPROXIMATELY two semesters of tuition and must be on deposit with the university.
3. All accepted candidates must submit a bank statement showing $17,284 for 12 months of tuition and cost of living. Should I just look for another school to make the number of schools am looking at 4 again or what?

Oga, which school is this? So that people can learn.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 6:41pm On Sep 17, 2013
Obidike jr.:
,..pls babsharon can you be the sincere one? you reside in lagos?...pls house anyone residing in lag to help me pay for my SEVIS fee? i'll be most grateful @babsheron

I think I can be of help to you bro. Send me a PM, I will advice you on we go about it asap..

Cheers bro..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 6:51pm On Sep 17, 2013
Feexo: House, check out what I got from a school in Texas:

3. All accepted candidates must submit a bank statement showing $17,284 for 12 months of tuition and cost of living.

Should I just look for another school to make the number of schools am looking at 4 again or what?

Please 4get about this school oooo. Write em off your list. It is not advisable to apply to schools that require tuition deposit before i-20 is issued because US student Visa is NOT guaranteed.

Don't bother mailing em to ask for a waiver because they won't listen to you because it is already the university's policy not to issue any i-20 unless tuition deposit is made. So no one can change that.

It is even a good thing you found out about this early enough so you won't have to waste more time and money on this school and later discover this news at the veryy last minute..

So move on to another school. Find another good school that don't require tuition deposit before i-20s are issued.

Cheers..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 6:57pm On Sep 17, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 6:58pm On Sep 17, 2013
Obidike jr.:
am applyin to a community college too, i researched online about why some consulars reject community college visas while some dont, i'll be posting the weblink in a min,..the Us secretary of education is trying to iron out the issue because some Ccollege are complaining bitterly that most of their f-1 visa student are denied.. five students from china wer all denied on the grounds that they all applied to a CC...sincerely it doesnt make sense. its so unfair... I dunno me too applied to a CC, i'll be going for my interview next month..I am believing that since I've travelled out twice.. to SA and US (wit a Tourist visa) i will stand a chance...what do u tink?...u wer interviewed in abj? @ tochium

My interview was at Abuja. U have advantage by traveling out of the country.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 6:59pm On Sep 17, 2013
godG:

Oga, which school is this? So that people can learn.

Sharp guy grin. But shey you no know say if the guy drop the name of that school, e don make work easy for those Ghost agent wey dey spy this thread. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 7:33pm On Sep 17, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Sharp guy grin. But shey you no know say if the guy drop the name of that school, e don make work easy for those Ghost agent wey dey spy this thread. grin

True sha. Just being curious ni. Make I no fall prey of such schools. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 17, 2013
samnoah: @dolapobello1: I sent you a PM. Waiting to hear from you soon

Replied smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mario2575: 8:00pm On Sep 17, 2013
Hello house...Been a while i dropped a post here thats because ive been trying to settle down here before classes start Oct 7th and my program me begins plus getting an accommodation here is no beans at all. I have been doing some thinking and hearing imputs from folks who are used to the system and it seems the Post graduate course i put in for isnt as promising as i was hoping for because there is a large glut of american citizens looking for similar jobs and that is Mba. Since programme resumes i was thinking of deferring the semester without paying tuition and work on getting a transfer to another school in another state preferable in a STEM course to resume next year. Please what are my chances?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 8:19pm On Sep 17, 2013
mario2575: Hello house...Been a while i dropped a post here thats because ive been trying to settle down here before classes start Oct 7th and my program me begins plus getting an accommodation here is no beans at all. I have been doing some thinking and hearing imputs from folks who are used to the system and it seems the Post graduate course i put in for isnt as promising as i was hoping for because there is a large glut of american citizens looking for similar jobs and that is Mba. Since programme resumes i was thinking of deferring the semester without paying tuition and work on getting a transfer to another school in another state preferable in a STEM course to resume next year. Please what are my chances?

If your long-term goal is to settle down in the US, you have your answer already. On the contrary, if your plan is to come back to Nigeria after your studies (like me; MA»»PhD»»Nigeria), I think changing your course won't matter. God + a MADE-IN-YANKEE certificate will make you dine with kings in Nigeria and be on top of your career. #My 50Kobo. Besides, why not think and walk to God for leading?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Babs911(m): 8:44pm On Sep 17, 2013
Walspring:

It depend on the payment method you used to pay for it and location where you pay it too if its outside US
If its Western Union Quick Pay within 1 to 3 days after DHS received your payment details
If it is money order or check issued from US, within 1 to 3 days after DHS received your payment details.
If its outside US via Western union Quick pay within 1 to 3 days after DHS received your payment details.
If its through other means from Nigeria within 7 to 10 days after DHS received your payment details
Now that still can not print my confirmation receipt now and d interview is less than 2days what did you suggest and pls note my resumption date is 1st of october dis year. appreciate ur prompt response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Babs911(m): 8:45pm On Sep 17, 2013
godG:

If your long-term goal is to settle down in the US, you have your answer already. On the contrary, if your plan is to come back to Nigeria after your studies (like me; MA»»PhD»»Nigeria), I think changing your course won't matter. God + a MADE-IN-YANKEE certificate will make you dine with kings in Nigeria and be on top of your career. #My 50Kobo. Besides, why not think and walk to God for leading?
Now that still can not print my confirmation receipt now and d interview is less than 2days what did you suggest and pls note my resumption date is 1st of october dis year. appreciate ur prompt response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Babs911(m): 8:46pm On Sep 17, 2013
godG:

True sha. Just being curious ni. Make I no fall prey of such schools. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 10:55pm On Sep 17, 2013
Babs911: Now that still can not print my confirmation receipt now and d interview is less than 2days what did you suggest and pls note my resumption date is 1st of october dis year. appreciate ur prompt response.

Where and how do you make the payment?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Babs911(m): 11:11pm On Sep 17, 2013
Walspring:

Where and how do you make the payment?
A friend in usa do it for me usin wu money order.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kjbobo: 2:53am On Sep 18, 2013
godG:

you left out something important bro......Personal development and skills......without that...Yankee pali can fetch you the job but will not retain it for you....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by harkynon(m): 5:43am On Sep 18, 2013
babsharon:
Good Morning house,
Big francis, Imperioux baba, Ojap and other gurus in the house pls your attention is needed here.

Please I will like †̥o know if I can register TOEFL myself online. The school am planning †̥o enrol has mandated TOEFL for all International Student.
Cheers.

@House,
Can anyone give a detailed way I can register for TOEFL myself online with my master card from GTB, Firstbank or Zenith. I would appreciate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 6:02am On Sep 18, 2013
Babs911: A friend in usa do it for me usin wu money order.

It takes 3days to process payments made via western union quick pay
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by 9raCash: 7:05am On Sep 18, 2013
Hello house, pls this is so urgent and I need a quick advise. A friend in america paid my sevis fee on my behalf last week thursday, up till now I can't see any confirmation online and my interview is 2moro (19th).. Pl s what can I do, all other docs are ready...am so confused now! HELP! HELP!! HELP!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 8:08am On Sep 18, 2013
harkynon:

@House,
Can anyone give a detailed way I can register for TOEFL myself online with my master card from GTB, Firstbank or Zenith. I would appreciate

Oga, I doubt if u can do that online. See, we won't talk on this again. It is becoming redundant! Do yourself the favour of reading this thread from page 350 to know how it can be done via phone call.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 8:14am On Sep 18, 2013
harkynon:

@House,
Am sure of visa card via phone call but you can still try it with GTB mastercard.

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.