Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,743 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (362) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (486968 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 6:23am On Sep 20, 2013
godG:

Don't mind me jare. I rep the Pace Setter too.
wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by justwise(m): 7:01am On Sep 20, 2013
godG: Dear Justwise wink
So the Ibadan boy (Amefrica) told me he is on a ban. Ibadan people sha! Justwise, the dude na ur boy, let us not forget the fact that being a teen comes with so many stuffs. With this in mind, why not just take this stage of his life as it is. He keeps learning. He needs this house at this stage of his visa app process than before. On his behalf, please, pardon him once again.

Yours.

No you don't take it that way, he has to learn at all cost
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by justwise(m): 7:05am On Sep 20, 2013
imperiouxx:

Yes ooo. I be from Osun too!

@smithjanet,

Hope Justwise pardons him as usual. Can you then edit your initial post?

He will definitely serve the full length of his ban this time around.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 7:16am On Sep 20, 2013
De Tus: @Imperiouxx, lol...of course i know. I used some conventional words in order to motivate the guy to go for the Admission. How are u man? U live in Texas, right? @MS Nas...how r u baby? More strories this time?. I like stories a lot u know? haha.

I'm in NM not TX.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 8:07am On Sep 20, 2013
Ms Nas:
Noo! No stories this time angry Am I Wole Soyinka? grin
Omo Ibadan kini show re??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 8:10am On Sep 20, 2013
justwise: [/b]

He will definitely serve the full length of his ban this time around.
Justwise, pls pardon Amefrica so that d house can guide him throughout his visa appointment period. I think he has just less than 15 days †̥o appear at the embassy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kelvin50: 8:23am On Sep 20, 2013
@ Imperiouxx what do u think I can say if d vo asks me y am goin for undergrd @ age 28
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 9:24am On Sep 20, 2013
kelvin50: @ Imperiouxx what do u think I can say if d vo asks me y am goin for undergrd @ age 28

Do you already have an undergraduate Degree? If YES, Then I will strongly say you should just forget about going for undegraduate studies in the US. Erase it from your mind.

Focus more on Masters. Because your age is the perfect age for masters studies in the US.

Although I won't say you can't get your visa @ 28 if you go for Undergrad, but my brother, prevention is better than cure, because there are certain things that needs to be DONE to make your visa a success and this depends on you. So you don't end up wasting more time and resources @ the end.

I have seen many peeps get denied at the embassy who were between the ages of 26 & 27 and they applied for undergrad studies. Those VOs are turning into something else @ the Embassy this days.

But Nothing is Impossible. If you Don't have an undergrad degree yet, But you still insist on pursuing it in the US, then I will say you should try your possible best to ACHIEVE and DO atleast this three things below;

1. Apply to a 4-year University. (State Universities will be HIghly Recommended)

2. Take a standarlized test like SAT or ACT (Make Sure you perform brilliantly well in the test, it also counts as well)

3. Make sure you secure any form of scholarship/tuition waiver from your school.

Because, with all this things listed above, you will stand a very very high chance of getting your visa even with that age of yours.

Cheers bro.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by valentino81(m): 9:25am On Sep 20, 2013
Gud day house, how can someone register for GMAT? What are the cost involved and exam centres. Thanks for ur anticipated co-operation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 20, 2013
@Ms Nas, hahahaha you're a funny chick. You've got a gud sense of humor indeed. I like dat. Promise me dat u gonna roll out some sotries in the next couple of days. Abeg na:-) i dey beg o:-) babygurl plz:-)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 9:56am On Sep 20, 2013
valentino81: Gud day house, how can someone register for GMAT? What are the cost involved and exam centres. Thanks for ur anticipated co-operation.
For detailed answer to your questions, check their website. You won't regret doing so.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by justwise(m): 9:57am On Sep 20, 2013
babsharon:
Justwise, pls pardon Amefrica so that d house can guide him throughout his visa appointment period. I think he has just less than 15 days †̥o appear at the embassy.

Bros please move on, this forum is not just about one little plastic gangster, he is not a kid and definitely not above forum rules.

You always come out to plead for him each time he is banned, do you also spend time talking sense into him?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by valentino81(m): 10:05am On Sep 20, 2013
godG:
For detailed answer to your questions, check their website. You won't regret doing so.
thanks brother.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 20, 2013
@Kelvin50, it's pretty hard to procure an F1 visa for an undergraduate at 28. What have you been doing? Why undergraduate at that age? What are your future plans? Unless you possess some kind of hyponosis like Obama who said his best is yet to come. Then it's difficult for you. You can as well tell the VO that "it's never too late to learn." then go ahead and give some classical examples. Use this phrase in the course of your interview. I want to see what happens. But all in all, I think you can still make it because impossible is nothing. God has a way of doing things for us. So you have nothing to lose! Gud luck!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kelvin50: 10:47am On Sep 20, 2013
Tankz ricky rozay nd d-tus @ ricky guys dat were denied were they told d reason for their denial waz their age or u js guessd so
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 11:55am On Sep 20, 2013
kelvin50: Tankz ricky rozay nd d-tus @ ricky guys dat were denied were they told d reason for their denial waz their age or u js guessd so

I am 25, I was denied 2months ago. The VO said my application does not qualify me for a visa....... I guess its cos my school was a community college. U have to trust God and have faith, with God all things are possible.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by UNIXLover(m): 11:58am On Sep 20, 2013
hello guys, plz,how do i register for my GRE myself? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kunlebal(m): 12:04pm On Sep 20, 2013
justwise:

Bros please move on, this forum is not just about one little plastic gangster, he is not a kid and definitely not above forum rules.

You always come out to plead for him each time he is banned, do you also spend time talking sense into him?
BABA JUSTWISE, PLEASE FORGIVE AND FORGET FOR GOD SEEK, DON'T LOOK AT IS BEHAVIOUR, AME IS YOUR BOY. HE TOLD ME KNOW THAT HE AS SENT YOU A MAIL THAT HE IS SORRY.
PLEASE UNBANNED HIM PALLY.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 12:07pm On Sep 20, 2013
kelvin50: Tankz ricky rozay nd d-tus @ ricky guys dat were denied were they told d reason for their denial waz their age or u js guessd so

See One thing you need to know is that, MOST VOs won't spell it out to your face the reason for your Denial. They can't even tell you it is because of your age. They will expect you to keep applying and wasting more money on Visa fees while they make more money on it.

But only the smart ones will code the reason for their denial through the VOs expression & Reaction to questions been answered.

Some peeps who were between the ages of 26 to 28 going for undergrad studies @ the US embassy last month. They narrated their experience to me. They said the VO just asked them three questions. Which were;

What is your name?.
What course are you going for?
How old are You?

After that, the next statement he heard from the VO was; Sorry, You do not qualify for a visa at this time, But you can re-apply..............

So you see it my bro. But everyone's case is different sha. But I still use it as a medium to learn New things and cover the loop holes so I don't repeat the same mistake they made twice and still get the same wrong result.

Although, Luck might shine on you. But I know veryy much well that your Age will raise a RED Flag @ the US Embassy, and you will see the way the VO will tackle you because they will be expecting you to go for Masters or P.H.D

So that's why I illustrated in my previous post, the things that needs to be done, that will enable you sound convincing enough to the VOs and give him/her a very good impression that you are a GENUINE student and promising one who is willing to study at any level and NOT an intending Immigrant who just wants to take advantage of the system to leave and work Permanently in the US.

Cheers bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 12:11pm On Sep 20, 2013
UNIXLover: hello guys, plz,how do i register for my GRE myself? Thanks

Start reading this thread from page 350 or go to page 299(not so sure).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by samnoah(m): 12:20pm On Sep 20, 2013
@Justwise, I'm aware Amefrica has been banned earlier though I'm not quite sure of his offense then and probably now. Maybe I have not been keen on knowing though. However, I also will like to join those who have pleaded on his behalf to say that you should pardon him. This is especially in line with the fact that he will be appearing for his visa interview soonest. It will not be good for him to make any mistake at this critical stage. Please unban him so that he can post any concerns or questions on this forum.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 20, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Do you already have an undergraduate Degree? If YES, Then I will strongly say you should just forget about going for undegraduate studies in the US. Erase it from your mind.

Focus more on Masters. Because your age is the perfect age for masters studies in the US.

Although I won't say you can't get your visa @ 28 if you go for Undergrad, but my brother, prevention is better than cure, because there are certain things that needs to be DONE to make your visa a success and this depends on you. So you don't end up wasting more time and resources @ the end.

I have seen many peeps get denied at the embassy who were between the ages of 26 & 27 and they applied for undergrad studies. Those VOs are turning into something else @ the Embassy this days.

But Nothing is Impossible. If you Don't have an undergrad degree yet, But you still insist on pursuing it in the US, then I will say you should try your possible best to ACHIEVE and DO atleast this three things below;

1. Apply to a 4-year University. (State Universities will be HIghly Recommended)

2. Take a standarlized test like GRE or GMAT (Make Sure you perform brilliantly well in the test, it also counts as well)

3. Make sure you secure any form of scholarship/tuition waiver from your school.

Because, with all this things listed above, you will stand a very very high chance of getting your visa even with that age of yours.

Cheers bro.

Bro are you sure about this?
GRE (Graduate Record Examination) for Undergraduate studies? What about the SATs and the ACTs?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 20, 2013
Young age does not necessarily translate to insolence.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 12:58pm On Sep 20, 2013
dolapobello1:

Bro are you sure about this?
GRE (Graduate Record Examination) for Undergraduate studies? What about the SATs and the ACTs?

Oh sorry my bro jare.. It was a mistake.. Na too much palm wine cause am.. Lol!!!

I meant to write SAT or ACT for undergraduate studies.

Thanks for alerting me...

#Corrected...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 2:45pm On Sep 20, 2013
dolapobello1: Young age does not necessarily translate to insolence.
1,000,000 likes!
De Tus: @Ms Nas, hahahaha you're a funny chick. You've got a gud sense of humor indeed. I like dat. Promise me dat u gonna roll out some sotries in the next couple of days. Abeg na:-) i dey beg o:-) babygurl plz:-)
See scope oo. cheesy Don't worry, I might post something. Emphasis on "might" grin
babsharon:
Omo Ibadan kini show re??
Show sure baje baje.

On another note, summer is gone embarassed Bye to my shorts embarassed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Feexo: 2:49pm On Sep 20, 2013
House, I have 2 questions: Which transcript evaluation agency make sense pass to use, how does one use the Nairaland e-mailing system. I have never used it before and it says I have 2 new PMs.

Thanks peeps.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tshift: 3:11pm On Sep 20, 2013
please gurus in the house. I need toefl materials. can anyone help me with it? my email is bosun03@yahoo.com thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 3:27pm On Sep 20, 2013
kelvin50: @ Imperiouxx what do u think I can say if d vo asks me y am goin for undergrd @ age 28

I don't know if you've already got some degrees or work experience which could help your reason the undergrad admission at this age.

VO can ask "what have you been doing?" but I don't think "why undergrad at this age"..... This question logically translates to the same meaning. Therefore, it will sound bizarre if you're unable to fill the space with something reasonable.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 3:31pm On Sep 20, 2013
Feexo: House, I have 2 questions: Which transcript evaluation agency make sense pass to use, how does one use the Nairaland e-mailing system. I have never used it before and it says I have 2 new PMs.

Thanks peeps.

Question 1: WES: Folks here have used WES a lot and it seems they are cool.
Question 2: Check the mail u used while opening ur NL account (inbox or spam).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 3:33pm On Sep 20, 2013
Tshift.:
please gurus in the house. I need toefl materials. can anyone help me with it? my email is bosun03@yahoo.com thanks

Send an empty mail to selfstudy360@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kunlebal(m): 3:39pm On Sep 20, 2013
godG:

Question 1: WES: Folks here have used WES a lot and it seems they are cool.
Question 2: Check the mail u used while opening ur NL account (inbox or spam).
TRUE TALK BRO,
@Feexo WES IS THE BEST BUT YOU NEED TO DO FOLLOW UP FROM THE SCHOOL YOU GRADUATED FROM. I DID MINE WITHIN A MONTH
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 3:50pm On Sep 20, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

See One thing you need to know is that, MOST VOs won't spell it out to your face the reason for your Denial. They can't even tell you it is because of your age. They will expect you to keep applying and wasting more money on Visa fees while they make more money on it.

But only the smart ones will code the reason for their denial through the VOs expression & Reaction to questions been answered.

Some peeps who were between the ages of 26 to 28 going for undergrad studies @ the US embassy last month. They narrated their experience to me. They said the VO just asked them three questions. Which were;

What is your name?.
What course are you going for?
How old are You?

After that, the next statement he heard from the VO was; Sorry, You do not qualify for a visa at this time, But you can re-apply..............

So you see it my bro. But everyone's case is different sha. But I still use it as a medium to learn New things and cover the loop holes so I don't repeat the same mistake they made twice and still get the same wrong result.

Although, Luck might shine on you. But I know veryy much well that your Age will raise a RED Flag @ the US Embassy, and you will see the way the VO will tackle you because they will be expecting you to go for Masters or P.H.D

So that's why I illustrated in my previous post, the things that needs to be done, that will enable you sound convincing enough to the VOs and give him/her a very good impression that you are a GENUINE student and promising one who is willing to study at any level and NOT an intending Immigrant who just wants to take advantage of the system to leave and work Permanently in the US.

Cheers bro.

What about a 25 year old going for Undergrad?

(1) (2) (3) ... (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.