Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (363) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (487942 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 5:09pm On Sep 20, 2013
Tochium:

What about a 25 year old going for Undergrad?

25 year old is almost of the same range with those going for masters as well. But a 25 year old person can still stand a high chance of getting his/her visa if the person can prove to the VO by showing Strong Genuiness and willingness to study.

I am not talking of those students going for undergraduate studies between the ages of 26 to 29 and Won't bother taking any standarlized test and they will still expect Magic to happen at the Embassy. A BIG NO NO... RED FLAG!

So, Like for example, taking standarlized test like SAT or ACT and NOT just taking them for the sake of doing so but must try to perform brillantly well in them. The sky will be your limit if the person can do this.

The following age range is the perfect age for students wishing to study in the US;

UNDERGRÀDUATE:
AGE; 16 - 23

MASTERS:
AGE; 24 - 30.

Note: If any of your ages doesn't fall in between the above illustration and you intend going for any of the following listed above.

There is No cause for alarm. Just sit yourself down and work on how to build a strong profile. Which will sound good and acceptable to the VO which I have illustrated on my previous post. Then you should be good to go.

Cheers..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by jamebex(m): 5:31pm On Sep 20, 2013
iamchux:

Really? Wow!...Am still very much around. Heading spring'14 term!
Sorry for not been around since my last reply had some issue to tackle.
Are you still in Osun? am looking at applying for Fall session
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by sannytex: 6:11pm On Sep 20, 2013
brodas pls i need all ur helpes i want to know lagos and abuja which one is more better for interview appointment[b][/b]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by sannytex: 6:13pm On Sep 20, 2013
justwise:

No you don't take it that way, he has to learn at all cost
brodas pls i need all ur helpes i want to know lagos and abuja which one is more better for interview appointment[b][/b]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by sannytex: 6:14pm On Sep 20, 2013
brodas pls i need all ur helpes i want to know lagos and abuja which one is more better for interview appointment
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by sannytex: 6:16pm On Sep 20, 2013
jamebex:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by sannytex: 6:16pm On Sep 20, 2013
brodas pls i need all ur helpes i want to know lagos and abuja which one is more better for interview appointment
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 6:33pm On Sep 20, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

25 year old is almost of the same range with those going for masters as well. But a 25 year old person can still stand a high chance of getting his/her visa if the person can prove to the VO by showing Strong Genuiness and willingness to study.

I am not talking of those students going for undergraduate studies between the ages of 26 to 29 and Won't bother taking any standarlized test and they will still expect Magic to happen at the Embassy. A BIG NO NO... RED FLAG!

So, Like for example, taking standarlized test like SAT or ACT and NOT just taking them for the sake of doing so but must try to perform brillantly well in them. The sky will be your limit if the person can do this.

The following age range is the perfect age for students wishing to study in the US;

UNDERGRÀDUATE:
AGE; 16 - 23

MASTERS:
AGE; 24 - 30.

Note: If any of your ages doesn't fall in between the above illustration and you intend going for any of the following listed above.

There is No cause for alarm. Just sit yourself down and work on how to build a strong profile. Which will sound good and acceptable to the VO which I have illustrated on my previous post. Then you should be good to go.

Cheers..

I already have a job since 2006, and the course I am opting for is related to my job.....I guess its not bad if I use this job period to cover it. (I have written Toefl)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 20, 2013
kunlebal:
TRUE TALK BRO,
@Feexo WES IS THE BEST BUT YOU NEED TO DO FOLLOW UP FROM THE SCHOOL YOU GRADUATED FROM. I DID MINE WITHIN A MONTH
I've been meaning to ask about this! A whole 1month is too much na. I thought WES was faster. They are even the most expensive of the evaluators my school provided. If I'm going to settle for them, they should atleast get it done fast.

Gboyega, where are you o! When you evaluated your transcript, did it take long. OAU can be very funny. All those staffs with lackadaisical attitudes. Other OAU graduates in the house; De Tus et al, pls what's the process? Considering the fact that I've never requested for my transcript... How long will it take? I tend going to Ife nextweek.. Even though I still don't know which evaluator to use. sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by samnoah(m): 6:59pm On Sep 20, 2013
kofsy:
I've been meaning to ask about this! A whole 1month is too much na. I thought WES was faster. They are even the most expensive of the evaluators my school provided. If I'm going to settle for them, they should atleast get it done fast.

Gboyega, where are you o! When you evaluated your transcript, did it take long. OAU can be very funny. All those staffs with lackadaisical attitudes. Other OAU graduates in the house; De Tus et al, pls what's the process? Considering the fact that I've never requested for my transcript... How long will it take? I tend going to Ife nextweek.. Even though I still don't know which evaluator to use. sad

The whole delay about transcript evaluation is never from WES. It is usually from the Nigerian schools that take too long to send the transcript to WES in the first place and then also take so long a time to confirm the authentication. It is never an issue with WES believe me cos I've been there! If schools in Nigeria can process all the request as fast, then WES is no delay! It can even be done within a WEEK! And to cap it, you are paying them you know and American Companies are deligent I can assert that. Peace!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:15pm On Sep 20, 2013
samnoah:

The whole delay about transcript evaluation is never from WES. It is usually from the Nigerian schools that take too long to send the transcript to WES in the first place and then also take so long a time to confirm the authentication. It is never an issue with WES believe me cos I've been there! If schools in Nigeria can process all the request as fast, then WES is no delay! It can even be done within a WEEK! And to cap it, you are paying them you know and American Companies are deligent I can assert that. Peace!
Ok! But how do one then hasten the process... Do I need to literally sit on the neck of those processing it? cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by samnoah(m): 7:43pm On Sep 20, 2013
kofsy:
Ok! But how do one then hasten the process... Do I need to literally sit on the neck of those processing it? cheesy cheesy

Yeah, for a quick action, you will have to literarily sit on them until the transcript is sent to WES. It can be helpful if you have someone you know or someone you can talk to in the registrar's office who will ensure that it is done quickly. Also, after receiving the trancript, WES will authenticate it by contacting your school. The reply from your school to this has to be on time as well. It is only when this has been done that WES will now go ahead to evaluate your transcript and this shouldn't take more than a day or two(I mean the evaluation proper after the necessary verification). You can monitor all these on their website via your account with them.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:21pm On Sep 20, 2013
ok man @imperiouxx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 8:21pm On Sep 20, 2013
kofsy:

Exactly my headache! I rep Great Ife too(EGL/200x/...). OAU can be very annoying. Although, I'm sure of the fact that if one is willing to 'she omo daada' to those NASU people at Exams and Records, the whole process (+ evaluation) won't take up to 2 weeks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 8:31pm On Sep 20, 2013
samnoah:

Oga, can't I send it(as it came from the school) to WES via courier? They might want to send it via regular mail from the school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by JFK12: 9:05pm On Sep 20, 2013
Pls anyone in d house who has done transcript evaluation via WES before to explain there procedure and how they operate to me.tnx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by sanciro: 9:07pm On Sep 20, 2013
Hello house,pls I need urgent response from you guyz.I'm to send my transcripts to WES asap for evaluation,I already had d transcript wiv me d one I collected by hand last year I eventuually didn't make use of it buh now I need to send it to WES asap,should I go and apply for it in My school again or should I just repackage d one wiv me and send it like dat instead of wasting time to go bak to skool to apply again...

Hope hear from you guyz Asap.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by iamchux(m): 9:13pm On Sep 20, 2013
jamebex:

Fall term! That's cool, that's pretty much close,Lool...Am not in osun. Only went to serve there, 2011/2012 batch C...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by iamchux(m): 9:30pm On Sep 20, 2013
sanciro: Hello house,pls I need urgent response from you guyz.I'm to send my transcripts to WES asap for evaluation,I already had d transcript wiv me d one I collected by hand last year I eventuually didn't make use of it buh now I need to send it to WES asap,should I go and apply for it in My school again or should I just repackage d one wiv me and send it like dat instead of wasting time to go bak to skool to apply again...

If you want to send it yourself, it must bear your school's seal and the sender's name must be your school. if not, I guess WES would end up shredding it off! Lool

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by JFK12: 9:43pm On Sep 20, 2013
iamchux:

If you want to send it yourself, it must bear your school's seal and the sender's name must be your school. if not, I guess WES would end up shredding it off! Lool

What about the date ? D date will be way back,hp it won't cause any problem?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by samnoah(m): 11:00pm On Sep 20, 2013
godG:

Oga, can't I send it(as it came from the school) to WES via courier? They might want to send it via regular mail from the school.

Of course, you can send it via courier because school will usually send it via regular mail. WES only want to see that it is coming from the registrar of the school(envelope signed across with the school seal or stamp). So you can get it once it is ready from the school and then post via courier. Should in case school decides to post it, you can offer to pay for courier letting them know you need it to be deliver in a few days. If you leave them to it, my guess is that it will take weeks if not month. I posted mine via one of the courier companies back then. But note as I said earlier: ONCE IT IS RECEIVED, WES WILL STILL AUTHENTICATE OR VERIFY BY CONTACTING YOUR SCHOOL... You can monitor all these on your account on the website of WES. Hope this helps
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kunlebal(m): 4:11am On Sep 21, 2013
samnoah:

Pally, they can't evaluate it in a week because after they receive the transcript they will use 3-4days to work on it by the 4day they will send a copy to the school your graduate from and will be waiting for there response, even if they(ur school) reply them the same day, Wes will now give you date of completion.
I actually did mine in 2wks, I paid on the 12th of august, sent my transcript on the 14th, Wes receive it on the 19th and Wes sent an email to my school to confirm the transcript on the 22nd and my school confirmed it on the 23rd. Wes sent a mail to me that my evaluation will be ready on the 3rd of Sept, which they did. With my explanation is shows that Wes evaluation is minimum of 2wks.
NOTE: you can do it in a month if you pay for RUSH HOUR, they will charge you that separately. For me and my household World Education Services(WES) is the best. I rest my case
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kunlebal(m): 4:16am On Sep 21, 2013
JFK12: Pls anyone in d house who has done transcript evaluation via WES before to explain there procedure and how they operate to me.tnx
Go to www.wes.org, everything u need is there. But if you don't understand pm me or put it to the house. Gbam
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kunlebal(m): 4:24am On Sep 21, 2013
godG:

You can but please and please don't put copy of your certificate inside Oº°˚˚°ºo, that will show that it is not coming from your school and Wes will be gladly happy to shred it. Send it separately. This is how I did mine, courier for transcript and nipost registered mail for copy of my certificate.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kunlebal(m): 4:31am On Sep 21, 2013
JFK12:

What about the date ? D date will be way back,hp it won't cause any problem?
Have 2 questions for you:
1- the transcript you have with you now, who did your school address it to. Why I ask that's this, your school contacts details will be in the reference letter not in the breakdown of your results. Abi u want to sent it to Wes without reference letter cry
2- when did u collect it(transcript)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kunlebal(m): 4:40am On Sep 21, 2013
sanciro: Hello house,pls I need urgent response from you guyz.I'm to send my transcripts to WES asap for evaluation,I already had d transcript wiv me d one I collected by hand last year I eventuually didn't make use of it buh now I need to send it to WES asap,should I go and apply for it in My school again or should I just repackage d one wiv me and send it like dat instead of wasting time to go bak to skool to apply again...

If the one you have is not address to Wes, please go and collect another one from your school, because of the reference letter that will be address to Wes from your school. Wes will use the contact details on it to verify or authentic your transcript.
I will advice to pay Wes before sending your documents to them, once u pay they will give u a reference number that you will be using throughout the evaluation process so that you can check how far they av gone with your application.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by seunolumonday(f): 4:49am On Sep 21, 2013
Uncle Justwise,pls am begging u on behalf of amefrica he really needs dis trend now dan ever he is on my bb and he said he has apologised because now he needs help on how 2 pay his sevis fee,he is a young boy if u had him as ur immediate young broda nko,pls sir learn 2 overlook tins especially wen dat person needs help from u,pls our Daddy Lol he is a sweet kid if u get 2 no him dont no why u guys dont flow well,he is very sorry,pls unban him.Thanks and God bless u sir
justwise:

No you don't take it that way, he has to learn at all cost
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kunlebal(m): 7:26am On Sep 21, 2013
seunolumonday: Uncle Justwise,pls am begging u on behalf of amefrica he really needs dis trend now dan ever he is on my bb and he said he has apologised because now he needs help on how 2 pay his sevis fee,he is a young boy if u had him as ur immediate young broda nko,pls sir learn 2 overlook tins especially wen dat person needs help from u,pls our Daddy Lol he is a sweet kid if u get 2 no him dont no why u guys dont flow well,he is very sorry,pls unban him.Thanks and God bless u sir
Seconded, oga justwise forgive him and unban him. Am very surprise too cos the kid is very cool. We talk a lot on bbm. Justwise pls don't ignore our plead.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by samnoah(m): 7:55am On Sep 21, 2013
kunlebal:
I actually did mine in 2wks, I paid on the 12th of august, sent my transcript on the 14th, Wes receive it on the 19th and Wes sent an email to my school to confirm the transcript on the 22nd and my school confirmed it on the 23rd. Wes sent a mail to me that my evaluation will be ready on the 3rd of Sept, which they did. With my explanation is shows that Wes evaluation is minimum of 2wks.

Well, I shared from a personal experience. From the date the last verification was made by WES from my school to the date my transcript was ready was not beyond a week. Also, 23rd of August which happen to be the date your school confirmed WES's verification request was a friday. Hence between 26th of August which happens to be the monday after 23rd of August and 3rd of September is roughly a week and 2days. Which I guess is still good enough. Though I got mine under a week.

PS: by saying a week, I am talking about the transcript processing proper excluding the sending and the verification time involved.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by samnoah(m): 8:06am On Sep 21, 2013
kunlebal:
Seconded, oga justwise forgive him and unban him. Am very surprise too cos the kid is very cool. We talk a lot on bbm. Justwise pls don't ignore our plead.

Joining in the plea. Please @justwise, people may not always be the way we want them to be. Change is a gradual process. Pardon the guy @ dis critical period.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by samnoah(m): 8:10am On Sep 21, 2013
If you are currently preparing for the GRE exam, www.vocabulary.com will surely be a good source for you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:11am On Sep 21, 2013
@Kofsy, you really have to go to the school and sort out things. Of course they know what you want to use it for and they expect you to tip them. This is "Nigerian mentality" and is so pitiful. So babygurl, just take a trip to OAU. Do not wait!

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.