Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,446 members, 7,853,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 08:15 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (489580 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 3:19pm On May 21, 2013
Hello everyone I greet you all.

I intend making preparations before the arrival of my i-20 package from my university.

Please what is the appropriate size of the passport photograph I can use to upload for my DS 160 online form.

Where can I take this acceptable passport photograpgh.

I live in lagos, ikotun to be precised, and I know there are many studios where I can take this passport photograpgh but I want a well standard one so my passport photograpgh doesn't get rejected. Please who can recommend any place for me in Lagos, ikeja, ikotun or anywhere you know about.

Where did you guys take your DS 160 online passport photograph? And how much does it cost

And also I intend paying for my Sevis fee when my i-20 arrives soon.

Please where is @deevick246?

Please beep me up here Asap because I have been reading your previous post on nairaland and it seems you have been assisting students in paying for Sevis fee.

Please help me out. Or who else in the house can offer solution to the challenges I'm facing here.

Thanks guys.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eduson002(m): 5:08pm On May 21, 2013
mr swagger: Hello everyone I greet you all.

I intend making preparations before the arrival of my i-20 package from my university.

Please what is the appropriate size of the passport photograph I can use to upload for my DS 160 online form.

I live in lagos, ikotun to be precised, and I know there are many studios where I can take this passport photograpgh but I want a well standard one so my passport photograpgh doesn't get rejected. Please who can recommend any place for me in Lagos, ikeja, ikotun or anywhere you know about.

Where did you guys take your DS 160 online passport photograph? And how much does it cost

Please beep me up here Asap because I have been reading your previous post on nairaland and it seems you have been assisting students in paying for Sevis fee.

Please help me out. Or who else in the house can offer solution to the challenges I'm facing here.

Thanks guys.....
I believe ther are gud photo studios @ ikotun but if u no c 1,come to igando.I am at Igando.There is one gud studio there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eduson002(m): 5:22pm On May 21, 2013
eduson002: @all. Pls if any one sees appointments date open for late june/july for lagos u should let me know shaperly tru dis medium.abeg una o o.gud day all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 6:19pm On May 21, 2013
bomly: Hello,

Please what exams do I need to write if I need to apply for undergraduate studies in USA as a science student? and what if I am social science student with intention to go for Masters. I am asking this for my relations

Welcome back Ms. It's good to see you commenting here again. SAT and TOEFL irrespective of the department except if the person is going for UG studies such as Medicine which would required MCAT or Pharmacology which needs PCAT. For Medicine, some prerequisites are to be taken in US. Best of luck to that relative of yours.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olsmade(m): 7:45pm On May 21, 2013
mr swagger: Hello everyone I greet you all.

Thanks guys.....

you dont need a passport to fill the DS160 form though you have to take a 2" X 2" passport when you are going for your interview.

@ house, no dates at all on the US site for visa interview. do let us know if anything opens up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by teejayGO01: 7:53pm On May 21, 2013
Its 5x5 not 2x2

Hey. Guys, is it possible to use a $ account the person lives and works in the us legally. Or is it a red flag?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Square65: 9:04pm On May 21, 2013
teejay_GO01: Its 5x5 not 2x2

5x5 ke In what units of measurement pls It is supposed to be 2"x2" o unless na full size picture dem dey require now. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olsmade(m): 9:10pm On May 21, 2013
Square65:

5x5 ke In what units of measurement pls It is supposed to be 2"x2" o unless na full size picture dem dey require now. grin

Lolz. I guess the 5 x 5 he's saying is in centimeters
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 10:02pm On May 21, 2013
why not its possible, all u need to do is to start a new appointment as soon as possible, since you said ur school resumption date is august ill rather advice to wait at least a month interval before going for a new interview which serves as a proof that u are a potiental immigrant who intend spending the whole of his life in USA grin grin grin grin grin grin

Follow my steps bro the visa is urs brekete IJN
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by teejayGO01: 5:18am On May 22, 2013
olsmade:

Lolz. I guess the 5 x 5 he's saying is in centimeters

Yep lol
Its on their site, its always best to check the source for accurate info
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by teejayGO01: 5:21am On May 22, 2013
smithjanetstore: why not its possible, all u need to do is to start a new appointment as soon as possible, since you said ur school resumption date is august ill rather advice to wait at least a month interval before going for a new interview which serves as a proof that u are a potiental immigrant who intend spending the whole of his life in USA grin grin grin grin grin grin

Follow my steps bro the visa is urs brekete IJN

I think u mean 'not' a potential immigrant.

Ok I will do as u said belive I'll get a date in late june I'll use the US statement...abi?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 8:04am On May 22, 2013
olsmade:

you dont need a passport to fill the DS160 form though you have to take a 2" X 2" passport when you are going for your interview.

@ house, no dates at all on the US site for visa interview. do let us know if anything opens up.

Are u sure of this? Because when I checked the US consulate website, when filling your DS 160 form you will be asked to upload an acceptable passport photograph with the right size.

Or are we to take the passport photograph and then scan and upload it on the DS 160 online form. Or do they accept scanned images? Pls shed more light on this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Oluwawapelumee(f): 8:08am On May 22, 2013
mr swagger:

Are u sure of this? Because when I checked the US consulate website, when filling your DS 160 form you will be asked to upload an acceptable passport photograph with the right size.

Or are we to take the passport photograph and then scan and upload it on the DS 160 online form. Or do they accept scanned images? Pls shed more light on this.

you are to take the passport photograph in hard copy to the embassy on the day of your interview....sure someone will confirm this again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ApachaiHopachai: 8:17am On May 22, 2013
mr swagger...you take the hard copy with you on the day of the interview. No upload required when filling the ds-160.
What I did was few days to my interview I went around the embassy and took my passport(they know the size)....but thats because its on my route to work. But you could look for a good studio around you to take same.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 8:48am On May 22, 2013
ApachaiHopachai: mr swagger...you take the hard copy with you on the day of the interview. No upload required when filling the ds-160.
What I did was few days to my interview I went around the embassy and took my passport(they know the size)....but thats because its on my route to work. But you could look for a good studio around you to take same.

Thanks alot bro, I will go to GRA ikeja to take the passport photograph. It's #1500 for 8 copies... It's a good standard studio in GRA where peeps take passport photograph for different countries..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 8:51am On May 22, 2013
eduson002:
I believe ther are gud photo studios @ ikotun but if u no c 1,come to igando.I am at Igando.There is one gud studio there.

Thanks alot bro, there is a good studio in GRA ikeja, I will go there and tk it...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eduson002(m): 9:17am On May 22, 2013
mr swagger:

Thanks alot bro, there is a good studio in GRA ikeja, I will go there and tk it...
welcome.pls unquote me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eduson002(m): 11:29am On May 22, 2013
@House. Pls if any see a late june/july date,lagos appointment do let me know.thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by conyema12(m): 12:27pm On May 22, 2013
Hi guys,

Good luck to guy preparing for VISA interviews. Please don't forget to pray and fast.
God is ever faithful and He does'nt fail His people.

I am applying to a couple of schools (TAMU, UH, Univ of OKL, and WVU) for MSC in Petroleum Geology for the Spring admission even though I have already done my MSC on the same course here in Naija.

In submitting my Transcript, do I need to submit both my BSc. and MSc Transcripts for admission processing.
Will they judge me based on the 2 degrees?
How will the Internship experience I have gathered from a multinational company also help me?

My Bsc CGPA is 3.48/5.0 while my
MSc CGPA is 4.75/5.0

Please your advise will be very helpful.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 1:09pm On May 22, 2013
conyema12: Hi guys,

Good luck to guy preparing for VISA interviews. Please don't forget to pray and fast.

I am applying to a couple of schools (TAMU, UH, Univ of OKL, and WVU) for MSC in Petroleum Geology for the Spring admission even though I have already done my MSC on the same course here in Naija.

In submitting my Transcript, do I need to submit both my BSc. and MSc Transcripts for admission processing.
How will the Internship experience I have gathered from a multinational company also help me?

MSc CGPA is 4.75/5.0

Considering the fact that your Msc Gpa is really high it will do you a lot of good if you apply with both Bsc and Msc transcripts. However, some schools will not admit you to a masters program which you've already done so my candid advice would be to apply for a slightly different program, maybe Msc petroleum engineering, or Geophysics.Your internship is definitely a plus nd it'll be great if you can get a Reco from your supervisor at the company in addition to your faculty Reco's. You can contact the admissions advisor for the program to enquire though. Cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 1:31pm On May 22, 2013
conyema12: Hi guys,

MSc CGPA is 4.75/5.0

[quote]

Go for a PhD!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by conyema12(m): 2:57pm On May 22, 2013
syahboy: Considering the fact that your Msc Gpa is really high it will do you a lot of good if you apply with both Bsc and Msc transcripts. However, some schools will not admit you to a masters program which you've already done so my candid advice would be to apply for a slightly different program, maybe Msc petroleum engineering, or Geophysics.Your internship is definitely a plus nd it'll be great if you can get a Reco from your supervisor at the company in addition to your faculty Reco's. You can contact the admissions advisor for the program to enquire though. Cheers

Thank you very much for that wonderful piece of information, May be I will try that... considering the fact that it will broaden my horizon. I think Msc in Petroleum Engineering is a better option compared to Geophysics because my Internship was done in Petrophysics.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by conyema12(m): 3:02pm On May 22, 2013
[quote author=ferdimako][/quote]

I will very much love to do that.. but considering spending another 5-6 yrs studying. to me, its scary.
I also will not like to lecture. All i need is to establish a well grounded relevance in the oil and Gas industry.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 3:06pm On May 22, 2013
smokes:

@mr Swagger, paid total of 42500. Just send them a mail, they would send u a detailed instruction of how to go about it.

Thanks bro.. I have their phone number, I will just give them a call..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FutureDon(m): 5:26pm On May 22, 2013
ferdimako: Go for a PhD!

Haba!!! like he/she doesn't know that a PhD exists. I'm sure someone with GPAs as high as that knows exactly what he/she wants.

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.