Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,748 members, 7,844,454 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (488906 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 4:31am On May 18, 2013
Virgin Atlantic makes sense too, 4 hours stop over in Heathrow isn't bad at all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ApachaiHopachai: 8:00am On May 18, 2013
@bigfrancis
I think I would go with the emirates. The one way ain't bad and the layover is just a little below 2 hours. But booking the same flight on wakanow is actually cheaper. On emirates site the prize is $849(135,840 naira) but wakanow is 132,590naira.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 8:46am On May 18, 2013
imperiouxx:

You've forget that banking, landing and take off are one of those things that make stop over interesting. It also reduces stiffen legs and hard buttocks due to less blood circulation. Also, no need to worry who's looking at you going to the restroom at interval because you're the type that eat anything that passes your sight. Well, I expect any international flight to have cool in-flight entertainment system.
grin grin
Me sef na stop-over flight I prefer. Make I use this opportunity reach Dubai and JFK wey I neva go before see as them be. Make I use one stone kill two birds. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 8:56am On May 18, 2013
ApachaiHopachai: @bigfrancis
I think I would go with the emirates. The one way ain't bad and the layover is just a little below 2 hours. But booking the same flight on wakanow is actually cheaper. On emirates site the prize is $849(135,840 naira) but wakanow is 132,590naira.

Ok. Cool. Though I'm yet to understand why its cheaper on wakanow than the airline's website directly. I read someone's post on another thread on how he booked a flight on an agent's website, rushed off to withdraw the money from the bank only to discover that the actual flight amount he was meant to pay into the agent's account was higher than stated on the website. He said he got to learn that the actual amount is always higher than what's seen online.
Guys, is this true?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ApachaiHopachai: 9:01am On May 18, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Ok. Cool. Though I'm yet to understand why its cheaper on wakanow than the airline website directly. I read someone's post on another thread on how he booked a flight on an agent's website, rushed off to withdraw the money from the bank only to discover that the actual flight amount he was meant to pay in the agent's account was higher than stated on the website. He said he got to learn that the actual amount is always higher than what's seen online.
Guys, is this true?
I don't know why its cheaper though I would rather pay online with a debit card. Checking Emirates service online...I think their service would be okay.
Also prizes fluctuate too...the emirates that I saw for $849 with 1hr40mins stop over is now $933. The one for $849 now is 7hrs stop over.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 9:29am On May 18, 2013
ApachaiHopachai:
I don't know why its cheaper though I would rather pay online with a debit card. Checking Emirates service online...I think their service would be okay.
Also prizes fluctuate too...the emirates that I saw for $849 with 1hr40mins stop over is now $933. The one for $849 now is 7hrs stop over.

The earlier one books the cheaper because summer is fast approaching and flight tickets are usually high during summer periods (especially booking in july/august).

I'm not sure paying online is enabled on emirates.com. You only pay into their bank accounts and they operate with First Bank, UBA, Zenith and CitiBank. I booked one two nights ago and I was asked to pay the equivalent fee in naira into their account in CITIBANK. Though I'm yet to pay. The bank has branches in only a few Nigerian cities, and none here where I'm staying at the moment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:38am On May 18, 2013
bigfrancis21:

The earlier one books the cheaper because summer is fast approaching and flight tickets are usually high during summer periods (especially booking in july/august).

I'm not sure paying online is enabled on emirates.com. You only pay into their bank accounts and they operate with First Bank, UBA, Zenith and CitiBank. I booked one two nights ago and I was asked to pay the equivalent fee in naira into their account in CITIBANK. Though I'm yet to pay. The bank has branches in only a few Nigerian cities, and none here where I'm staying at the moment.

Hia bigfrank, I wasn't talking about the guy that is already making waves in the US. The fellow I was hoping to get his list of schools, is still in Nigeria. He applied to 7 schools and has got admitted in two and was waiting on others.let me load some credits and track that shiit rightaway.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by marshaldollz: 9:49am On May 18, 2013
That's the way it is...I read something about deleting your browser cookies before booking a flight...once you go into the page again the price becomes higher...so delete your cookies before booking a flight
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RedReact: 10:33am On May 18, 2013
^^^
Knowledge is power o.
You have increased my knowledge base with what you said. I can't forget my Lufthansa ordeal to Germany and then to China.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 11:29am On May 18, 2013
RedReact: ^^^
Knowledge is power o.
You have increased my knowledge base with what you said. I can't forget my Lufthansa ordeal to Germany and then to China.

As in, what exactly happened?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 11:35am On May 18, 2013
valentino81: nlders, kindly assist with TOEFL & GRE materials. Forward to- valentino4ualone@gmail.com... thnks.

Send an email to selfstudy360@gmail.com and you'll get an automatic response containing the download links. Cheers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RedReact: 11:49am On May 18, 2013
bigfrancis21:

As in, what exactly happened?
The fee online was increasing everyday as I kept postponing the payment. I later decided to go to their office to make the payment only for me to be shown that the fees were far lesser than the ones online.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 12:49pm On May 18, 2013
Hello House,
Please I'm trying to book a flight now for travel in July ending. Now I want to ask this, can I reschedule my flight to a few days before my proposed booked date or a few days after? If yes, does this incur extra charges? And like how much?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 1:25pm On May 18, 2013
marshaldollz: That's the way it is...I read something about deleting your browser cookies before booking a flight...once you go into the page again the price becomes higher...so delete your cookies before booking a flight

So true!!!. So I heard too whenever I was booking my ticket.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 1:27pm On May 18, 2013
bigfrancis21: Hello House,
Please I'm trying to book a flight now for travel in July ending. Now I want to ask this, can I reschedule my flight to a few days before my proposed booked date or a few days after? If yes, does this incur extra charges? And like how much?

It does incur extra charges and you may call the airline to know how much it is. For instance, Arik Air charges $250 each way you are rescheduling.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Mascotizer: 1:57pm On May 18, 2013
@ayobj Thanks for the reply

I have never been to the US before, I am a Fresh graduate, I am single....although I have a sponsor who is ready to finance me.

Hw long was the conference you went for then. Cos mine is just for 6 days and I hope it's not too short. Could you pls give the details of hw you interview was.
+what are the likely questions that i'll be asked.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 2:25pm On May 18, 2013
GboyegaD:

It does incur extra charges and you may call the airline to know how much it is. For instance, Arik Air charges $250 each way you are rescheduling.

Ok. Thanks man.

ApachaiHopachai: @bigfrancis

I think that the cheaper price you saw on wakanow.com is not what you'll actually get to pay - you'd still have to pay at the going flight rate of the airline itself. Below is a quote from someone who just travelled to the US last month via emirates;

Imcool: Pls try and get my post well. I didn't book from wakanow.com, i only checked their site to av an idea of the cheap and affordable airlines and wen i did i saw dat emirate was around 147k plus on wakanow.com so i went directly to emirate office(not agent) and i got it for 150k plus
https://www.nairaland.com/imcool/posts/1

The price he saw on wakanow.com gingered him to go on to pay at emirates office but on arriving there he discovered it was slightly higher and paid at the actual flight cost of emirates. The good thing about wakanow is that it helps to give you an idea of the cheapest possible flights though you may not get the exact figure involved.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 18, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Ok. Thanks man.

I think that the cheaper price you saw on wakanow.com is not what you'll actually get to pay - you'd still have to pay at the going flight rate of the airline itself. Below is a quote from someone who just travelled to the US last month via emirates;

The price he saw on wakanow.com gingered him to go on to pay at emirates office but on arriving there he discovered it was slightly higher and paid at the actual flight cost of emirates. The good thing about wakanow is that it helps to give you an idea of the cheapest possible flights though you may not get the exact figure involved.
N144,000 from Lagos to Houston on Emirate when other agents were asking for N160,000.Difference of N16,000. You can't beat that!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by webstradamus: 5:10pm On May 18, 2013
bigfrancis21: Hello House,

You will be required to pay a change fee (usually around $150 - $250 depending on the carrier) and then the fare difference.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 5:50pm On May 18, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Ok. Thanks man.

If you are paying on wakanow, you only pay the amount wakanow is advertising to wakanow's account. They are the ones to get you your ticket and your only business with the airline is to show up for the flight.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 7:12pm On May 18, 2013
..Well if u wanna fly july its better u book nw...me I av booked and even paid for my flyt....Emirates 140K..I don even select seat sef ( I pray make fine gal siddon near me, cos na old pipu dem dey always put near me anytime I travel)..apart from the cost, I bliv u will love stop overs if u r d adventorous typ...m looking forward to d emirates flight, I hear dia lot of booze in there...@gboyegad I hear lots of uncomplimentary remark about royal air maroc and dia hub in casablanca...so I fear d services
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 8:05pm On May 18, 2013
dkgetmuny: ..Well if u wanna fly july its better u book nw...me I av booked and even paid for my flyt....Emirates 140K..I don even select seat sef ( I pray make fine gal siddon near me, cos na old pipu dem dey always put near me anytime I travel)..apart from the cost, I bliv u will love stop overs if u r d adventorous typ...m looking forward to d emirates flight, I hear dia lot of booze in there...@gboyegad I hear lots of uncomplimentary remark about royal air maroc and dia hub in casablanca...so I fear d services

Glad to hear that you've paid. Please how did you pay it, online using a credit card or into a bank account? Also, did you pay through an agent (wakanow) or directly through Emirates?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 8:14pm On May 18, 2013
GboyegaD:

If you are paying on wakanow, you only pay the amount wakanow is advertising to wakanow's account. They are the ones to get you your ticket and your only business with the airline is to show up for the flight.

Thanks man. You've been helpful to me.

webstradamus: You will be required to pay a change fee (usually around $150 - $250 depending on the carrier) and then the fare difference.

Thanks man.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Seunbunmi(m): 8:22pm On May 18, 2013
dkgetmuny: ..Well if u wanna fly july its better u book nw...me I av booked and even paid for my flyt....Emirates 140K..I don even select seat sef ( I pray make fine gal siddon near me, cos na old pipu dem dey always put near me anytime I travel)..apart from the cost, I bliv u will love stop overs if u r d adventorous typ...m looking forward to d emirates flight, I hear dia lot of booze in there...@gboyegad I hear lots of uncomplimentary remark about royal air maroc and dia hub in casablanca...so I fear d services

Me wanna book too, what date in July did u pick? And did u book through wakanow or directly from emirate?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 8:43pm On May 18, 2013
I dey always dey busy dats why brah pls inbox me ur ymessenger id for that my gmail account make i add u i no dey see u as well stay blessed brah
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 8:51pm On May 18, 2013
One thing abt wakanow is when u call to book dey say d seat aiint availble...I booked through my agent...I paid to dia account and I got my ticket immediatly via email, then logged on my ref. Number on emirate website to confirm my booking...I booked for july 21st..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bones007: 9:30pm On May 18, 2013
House! Please what other reliable method can I use to get my school and accommodation fees down to US,since my school insisted on me paying prior to class enrollement.. Will opening domiciliary acount be the best option or buying a traveller cheque.. Please I need help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 10:53pm On May 18, 2013
bones007: House! Please what other reliable method can I use to get my school and accommodation fees down to US,since my school insisted on me paying prior to class enrollement.. Will opening domiciliary acount be the best option or buying a traveller cheque.. Please I need help.

Your school mean business o. Domiciliary account seems to be the only way for you as you can't use western union in Nigeria.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by webstradamus: 11:37pm On May 18, 2013
bones007: House! Please what other reliable method can I use to get my school and accommodation fees down to US,since my school insisted on me paying prior to class enrollement.. Will opening domiciliary acount be the best option or buying a traveller cheque.. Please I need help.

Why don't you pay with a card? You will save a lot on wire transfer charges.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ApachaiHopachai: 8:26am On May 19, 2013
Hey bro how did you do the seat selection thing. Once I pick up my visa on Tuesday I intend booking and paying the next day. Am interested in a window seat.
PS:GCFR?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 9:13am On May 19, 2013
@imperiouxx - you got mail bro...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bones007: 9:47am On May 19, 2013
imperiouxx:

Your school mean business o. Domiciliary account seems to be the only way for you as you can't use western union in Nigeria.

Well I have tort about it well,but my man keep disputing the ideal,don't knw what he's thinking maybe I will finish my school fees in the account and ask for another I'm tired oo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Travelling To Canada Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.