Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,858 members, 7,844,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (488922 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eduson002(m): 6:18pm On May 22, 2013
eduson002: @all. Pls if any one sees appointment date open for late june/july for lagos u should let me know shaperly tru dis medium.abeg una o o.gud evening all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by midi20: 7:00pm On May 22, 2013
There is a date in Abuja(June)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:22pm On May 22, 2013
FutureDon:

Haba!!! like he/she doesn't know that a PhD exists. I'm sure someone with GPAs as high as that knows exactly what he/she wants.

Okay.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Anthonymighty(m): 3:37am On May 23, 2013
Imperiouxx....mehn i am so sorry. You are absolutely right. My head has been bombarded that i dont even have time for myself again. It is from one assignment to Research work to practical to program to events. Even i had to cancel my job because it was clashing with my lectures. I don tire mehn. I cant wait till summer. I will never take any class this summer. I want to rest my head and muscle. + i need to flex now....I want to go to brazil with my female classmate. She is inviting me to come see her family.

I still have those stuffs with me. I bought the stamps already sef but i dont know where i dropped them. I will have to do everything all over again. Hope you no vex. I have really missed everyone here. Mamacita, Yvete, Kpoli, Smithjanetstore omo ibile and the rest. This weekend i will take my time to read the whole thread from where i last stopped which i know will take me several hrs. I have to get back to research work now. sad lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

imperiouxx:

Oh my! I asked anthonymighty instead but haven't heard from him in the recent time. I guess that spring semester hammered him wella......loooool.

Safe trip bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:05am On May 23, 2013
Anthonymighty: Imperiouxx....mehn i am so sorry. You are absolutely right. My head has been bombarded that i dont even have time for myself again. It is from one assignment to Research work to practical to program to events. Even i had to cancel my job because it was clashing with my lectures. I don tire mehn. I cant wait till summer. I will never take any class this summer. I want to rest my head and muscle. + i need to flex now....I want to go to brazil with my female classmate. She is inviting me to come see her family.

I still have those stuffs with me. I bought the stamps already sef but i dont know where i dropped them. I will have to do everything all over again. Hope you no vex. I have really missed everyone here. Mamacita, Yvete, Kpoli, Smithjanetstore omo ibile and the rest. This weekend i will take my time to read the whole thread from where i last stopped which i know will take me several hrs. I have to get back to research work now. sad lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Latino Lover! Why semester won't be stressful, when you got both curriculum and extra curriculum assignments to pass. Ok ooo. You'll come back US in peace.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 4:07am On May 23, 2013
imperiouxx:

Latino Lover! Why semester won't be stressful, when you got both curriculum and extra curriculum assignments to pass. Ok ooo. You'll come back US in peace.

grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:12am On May 23, 2013
I.Joan:

grin grin grin

Abi nau. Man must get good grades in both, else, he losses at both ends.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Anthonymighty(m): 4:33am On May 23, 2013
The issue now is thsi re applying is tricky for me, my uncle said he can't put more money into the accounts because he doesn't have for now. My sch resumes aug so I feel I still have time. But I don't have a realtive who has so much like that in thier acct.
I'm also thinking if I change my sponsor wouldn't I be heading for another denial? Also seeing that even if I get another sponspr it wudnt be a relative and how much shud the person have in their acct?

Well since you said you dont lie, and you are a Jesus walk gurl..."No insult intended" I will suggest you do it this way. I think before you got admitted, you submitted a "Declaration of Finance" which requires you sending the school an account statement showing the required amount by the school. For the school to have admitted you, it means you met those financial requirements. So how come you didnt take that same statement to the embassy? Anyways, what i will advice you to do now is to either email your school and tell them you want to change your sponsor (that would require submitting another DCF form) and they'll issue you another i-20 with whosoever name as sponsor on it. "but that will require you to defer your admission" hope you know. Then after you get the new i-20, you can reapply and surely you will get the visa....Cheers sister smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Anthonymighty(m): 4:34am On May 23, 2013
Yes o...na A+ for the 2 na... grin grin grin

imperiouxx:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 4:36am On May 23, 2013
imperiouxx:

Are girls eligible for both too tongue tongue tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:39am On May 23, 2013
Anthonymighty: Yes o...na A+ for the 2 na... grin grin grin

Trust me. Na so.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 5:10am On May 23, 2013
@ Mr Moderator could you please enlighten me as to why a simple post informing peolple about an alternative to paying thier SEVIS fee was hidden, i actually thought this forum was a place were info are shared in other of making the rigourous process of applying for a visa abit easy, intended to let this slide but decided to ask, as you are denying folks who might want to know about an alternative to paying their SEVIS fee, Not everyone lives in lagos and can just wake up one morning and head to seme border, go thru all the touts and immigration wahala just becos of $200, if i have an alternative option that would save me all that stress even if it means paying a little extra, i would want to know about it.

FYI i neither work or am in anyway affiliated with the organisation in question neither have i heard about them before till i was refered to them by an official from my school when it was time to pay the SEVIS fee, and she found out about them from a Nigerian who's with them, i found their service very professional that was why i decided to chip in as someone who has had first hand experience with them, paid my fee hassle free from the comfort of my home.

But since you've decided to hide the post in your own wisdom, good for you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 6:05am On May 23, 2013
I.Joan:

Are girls eligible for both too tongue tongue tongue

Well, you know it's guys that usually make the first move. He passes not, you (girl) agree not.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by justwise(m): 6:25am On May 23, 2013
smokes: @ Mr Moderator could you please enlighten me as to why a simple post informing peolple about an alternative to paying thier SEVIS fee was hidden, i actually thought this forum was a place were info are shared in other of making the rigourous process of applying for a visa abit easy, intended to let this slide but decided to ask, as you are denying folks who might want to know about an alternative to paying their SEVIS fee, Not everyone lives in lagos and can just wake up one morning and head to seme border, go thru all the touts and immigration wahala just becos of $200, if i have an alternative option that would save me all that stress even if it means paying a little extra, i would want to know about it.

FYI i neither work or am in anyway affiliated with the organisation in question neither have i heard about them before till i was refered to them by an official from my school when it was time to pay the SEVIS fee, and she found out about them from a Nigerian who's with them, i found their service very professional that was why i decided to chip in as someone who has had first hand experience with them, paid my fee hassle free from the comfort of my home.

I don't promote or encourage people to use any little known agent or organization when it involves money and i wouldn't want the travel section to be used to promote one. Since 2009 when the first part of this thread started people have been paying their SEVIS one way or the other, its your responsibility/decision who you hand your money to, i should not be part of that decision neither should we openly promote one here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:47am On May 23, 2013
justwise:
I don't promote or encourage people to use any little known agent or organization when it involves money and i wouldn't want the travel section to be used to promote one. Since 2009 when the first part of this thread started people have been paying their SEVIS one way or the other, its your responsibility/decision who you hand your money to, i should not be part of that decision neither should we openly promote one here.

Pointing folks towards an alternative means of paying the fee through qouting u "little known agent or organisation" is by no means promoting or endorsing any organisation, everyone is bound to do his/her own research before parting with their money, but what i would like is to know all alternatives open to me and the decision to make use of any one is my responsibility and decision.

It is not your place to deny me the choice of knowing my options, the best you can do is advice people that they are indeed proceeding at his or her own risk.

Hard as it might seem, there are indeed credible "little known agent and organisation" out there, and the said organization IMO is one of them.

What can i do, you are the boss here, run your forum the best way you see fit.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by justwise(m): 7:54am On May 23, 2013
smokes:

Pointing folks towards an alternative means of paying the fee through qouting u "little known agent or organisation" is by no means promoting or endorsing any organisation, everyone is bound to do his/her own research before parting with their money, but what i would like is to know all alternatives open to me and the decision to make use of any one is my responsibility and decision.

It is not your place to deny me the choice of knowing my options, the best you can do is advice people that they are indeed proceeding at his or her own risk.

Hard as it might seem, there are indeed credible "little known agent and organisation" out there, and the said organization IMO is one of them.

What can i do, you are the boss here, run your forum the best way you see fit.

Surely its not my call to tell you who to patronize but i can stop you from using travel section to influence others.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:18am On May 23, 2013
This isnt about me, everyone's got a brain to make their decisions for themselves and live with the consequences, Ill repeat its not your call denying ANYONE their right to know their options.

ETA: ill leave it at that and move over to the sidelines were i usaully am, continue with reading and learning and by Gods grace get to post my own success here. Cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by justwise(m): 8:41am On May 23, 2013
smokes:
This isnt about me, everyone's got a brain to make their decisions for themselves and live with the consequences, Ill repeat its not your call denying ANYONE their right to know their options.

You have the right to choose how to pay your SEVIS but you don't have the right to advertise it here
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 8:42am On May 23, 2013
smokes: @ Mr Moderator could you please enlighten me as to why a simple post informing peolple about an alternative to paying thier SEVIS fee was hidden, i actually thought this forum was a place were info are shared in other of making the rigourous process of applying for a visa abit easy, intended to let this slide but decided to ask, as you are denying folks who might want to know about an alternative to paying their SEVIS fee, Not everyone lives in lagos and can just wake up one morning and head to seme border, go thru all the touts and immigration wahala just becos of $200, if i have an alternative option that would save me all that stress even if it means paying a little extra, i would want to know about it.

@Smokes, thank you very much for your reasonable and vital Comment. God Bless you 10 million times...

You are very sensible. I'm happy you didn't just ignore this but you voiced out your point of view on this

Don't mind that justwise of a guy, he seems confused and doesn't even know when one his trying to tell him the truth.

@Smokes, Go to the Travels section on the topic " Easy way to pay Sevis fee for US student".

I even opened another thread for it so Prospective US student can easily access it and know their Options and Make their decisions because it's not everyone that will be able to read all the whole pages of the US student visa thread but this Justwise deleted the location for the Sevis fee payment I included there.

Me I tire for this justwise of a guy. I don't want to keep pushing this before he starts calling me an Agent because me I'm just a propective US student here like you guys.

Cheers bro.. Remain blessed. One luv.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by marshaldollz: 8:42am On May 23, 2013
Hello guys...pls which banks statement of account is better,First bank or Gtb?...thanks all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 8:47am On May 23, 2013
marshaldollz: Hello guys...pls which banks statement of account is better,First bank or Gtb?...thanks all

@Guy all of the Above. All is Good. You are even lucky you even have a Bank statement, many people are even looking for Bank Statements self..

But if you want to go with anyone of them I will suggest you go with GTBank.

But all are still good sha....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by marshaldollz: 9:08am On May 23, 2013
mr swagger:

@Guy all of the Above. All is Good. You are even lucky you even have a Bank statement, many people are even looking for Bank Statements self..

But if you want to go with anyone of them I will suggest you go with GTBank.

But all are still good sha....
correct,thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:20am On May 23, 2013
justwise:

You have the right to choose how to pay your SEVIS but you don't have the right to advertise it here

Anyone indeed has a RIGHT to choose how to pay their sevis fee, they also have a RIGHT of knowing their options its you who has no RIGHT denying them of knowing the options available to them. And that was no advert bro, just letting folks know they do indeed have other options which is more cost effective and hassle free as opposed to booking a flight ticket to lagos (for those of us not living in lagos or sitting in a bus for a round trip of 20+ hours) , having ones hands chopped off because you a clutching on your pocket too much so you dont get mugged or having to jump on okada or having to indeed dress like a tout (from someones experience) all because you are going to pay $200. Having compared both my options i felt going to lagos was much more expensive and way too risky than having to place a little above $200 in the hands of an organisation that has delivered. Some of us dont actually quantify our safety and security in monetary terms.

And here you are taking out that option because you see it as influencing people or an advert for the said organisation.

NB: Just saying from the sidelines.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by justwise(m): 9:37am On May 23, 2013
smokes:

Anyone indeed has a RIGHT to choose how to pay their sevis fee, they also have a RIGHT of knowing their options its you who has no RIGHT denying them of knowing the options available to them. And that was no advert bro, just letting folks know they do indeed have other options which is more cost effective and hassle free as opposed to booking a flight ticket to lagos (for those of us not living in lagos or sitting in a bus for a round trip of 20+ hours) , having ones hands chopped off because you a clutching on your pocket too much so you dont get mugged or having to jump on okada or having to indeed dress like a tout (from someones experience) all because you are going to pay $200. Having compared both my options i felt going to lagos was much more expensive and way too risky than having to place a little above $200 in the hands of an organisation that has delivered. Some of us dont actually quantify our safety and security in monetary terms.

And here you are taking out that option because you see it as influencing people or an advert for the said organisation.

NB: Just saying from the sidelines.

Your level of hypocrite is alarming, so everybody has a right and i don't? Well...i guess i have made my points and will leave it at that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:49am On May 23, 2013
justwise:

Your level of hypocrite is alarming, so everybody has a right and i don't? Well...i guess i have made my points and will leave it at that.

Sure you've got rights but denying people their rights isnt one of yours. And if you are looking for the hypocrite here, ill suggest you take a look at the mirror.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by virginice: 10:04am On May 23, 2013
Pls all, is der any available date(s) left @ either lagos or abuja embassy? A frnd needs help, tnx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:25am On May 23, 2013
virgin ice: Pls all, is der any available date(s) left @ either lagos or abuja embassy? A frnd needs help, tnx

Just checked both lagos and abj, there are none.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by teejayGO01: 11:24am On May 23, 2013
Anthonymighty:
The issue now is thsi re applying is tricky for me, my uncle said he can't put more money into the accounts because he doesn't have for now. My sch resumes aug so I feel I still have time. But I don't have a realtive who has so much like that in thier acct.
I'm also thinking if I change my sponsor wouldn't I be heading for another denial? Also seeing that even if I get another sponspr it wudnt be a relative and how much shud the person have in their acct?

Well since you said you dont lie, and you are a Jesus walk gurl..."No insult intended" I will suggest you do it this way. I think before you got admitted, you submitted a "Declaration of Finance" which requires you sending the school an account statement showing the required amount by the school. For the school to have admitted you, it means you met those financial requirements. So how come you didnt take that same statement to the embassy? Anyways, what i will advice you to do now is to either email your school and tell them you want to change your sponsor (that would require submitting another DCF form) and they'll issue you another i-20 with whosoever name as sponsor on it. "but that will require you to defer your admission" hope you know. Then after you get the new i-20, you can reapply and surely you will get the visa....Cheers sister smiley

No offence taken...to each his own.. Yea I did submit that but if u read my post well u would see that I was disappointed @ last min wen some of the money was used therefore reducing the balance and causing the denial.

Thanks for ur advice though I would consider it after I reapply ( as that's what I've decided to do)
I have also been discouraged abot changing sponspor but rather been advised to transfer money to that account. Which my uncle has been persuaded to do. That's where iam now. I am optimistic.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 11:39am On May 23, 2013
@smokes triple tualee i gbadun as u dey tackle dis issue ur head dey there brekete

@HOUSE GOBE DON HAPPEN SMOKES VS HMMMMM

{if you are looking for the hypocrite here, ill suggest you
take a look at the mirror} which means the writer is reffering to himself i triple tualee once kiakiakiakiakia LWKMD
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olsmade(m): 11:43am On May 23, 2013
teejay_GO01:

No offence taken...to each his own.. Yea I did submit that but if u read my post well u would see that I was disappointed @ last min wen some of the money was used therefore reducing the balance and causing the denial.

Thanks for ur advice though I would consider it after I reapply ( as that's what I've decided to do)
I have also been discouraged abot changing sponspor but rather been advised to transfer money to that account. Which my uncle has been persuaded to do. That's where iam now. I am optimistic.

Thanks

I'm not sure transferring money to the acct is good advice. Makes it suspicious. Tread carefully bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by teejayGO01: 12:08pm On May 23, 2013
olsmade:

I'm not sure transferring money to the acct is good advice. Makes it suspicious. Tread carefully bro

My current dilenma ... Story of my life sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Travelling To Canada Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.