Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,976 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

Christians: What Do You Do When You Don't Know What Else To Do? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians: What Do You Do When You Don't Know What Else To Do? (1603 Views)

Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? / Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? / Christians:What Fruit Did Adam And Eve Eat Inside The Garden Of Eden? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians: What Do You Do When You Don't Know What Else To Do? by krysty: 11:03am On May 08, 2006
hello everyone,
As a christain,i have been experiencing some challenges that are beyond what my mind can fathom,am 26years old,a graduate of accounting,so now at the prime of my youth,and all that i have been through,i have come to the conclusion that nothing,absolutely NOTHING or anyone is worth living for,i mean i see the last 26years as , NOTHING!
my question now is- when u are facing trials as christian,'After all has been said and done' in this life, WHAT DO U DO WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO?
thanks.
Re: Christians: What Do You Do When You Don't Know What Else To Do? by Seun(m): 9:49pm On May 08, 2006
As a Christian, you probably pray and read your bible.

As a human being, you sit down and create a goal for your life and start living it.
Re: Christians: What Do You Do When You Don't Know What Else To Do? by krysty: 10:31am On May 09, 2006
o yeah, u think u have got it all figured out.
well,that was why i said emphatically "after all has been said and done" which included all that u just advised me to do,i have done all that,believe me.
Re: Christians: What Do You Do When You Don't Know What Else To Do? by syrup(f): 11:01am On May 09, 2006
@krysty, perhaps you'd like to tell us a bit more about the trials you might be facing. A Christian and graduate in accountancy, that's a good start; but it does not help much in understanding what the problems are if informed correspondence could be shared with you. I care.
Re: Christians: What Do You Do When You Don't Know What Else To Do? by DaHitler(m): 11:04am On May 09, 2006
God is to blame. Turn your back to him and step into the darkness. *Opens the door to darkness for Krysty* grin
Re: Christians: What Do You Do When You Don't Know What Else To Do? by Rhodalyn(f): 2:32pm On May 09, 2006
lol cheesy cheesy
Re: Christians: What Do You Do When You Don't Know What Else To Do? by TV01(m): 2:41pm On May 09, 2006
Hi Krysty,

The Christian walk is oft times hard and can sometimes be lonely.
But remember,  The Lord promises to be always with you.

I find it helps (and is important) to fellowship (and I mean true, close and  personal relationship) with other Christians (some who should be quite mature). The closeness of the relationship should mean they always have you in mind (intercede for you), will be available to give you sound biblical counsel (based on actually knowing you and caring about you), and will of course pray with you.

I hope this helps.

May the Good Lord lift up His countenance upon you.

God bless
Re: Christians: What Do You Do When You Don't Know What Else To Do? by gbadex1(m): 4:29pm On May 09, 2006
lol, i watch Teletubbies cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. That's what i do. cheesy cheesy cheesy

lol, i'm just kidding
Re: Christians: What Do You Do When You Don't Know What Else To Do? by krysty: 4:33pm On May 09, 2006
Thanks alot,TVO1, i'll take ur advise (it's not like i haven't tried it before anyway),and Syrup,sorry i can't discuss some of the issues i am going thru for obvious reasons,but i appreciate ur concern.
i believe God's with me,that's definitely how i can manage to wake up everymorning to face each day as it comes,if it were left for me,am sure i will not be able to make it,but i tell u,it's still very hard and painful and very very lonely,too lonely.
Re: Christians: What Do You Do When You Don't Know What Else To Do? by 2cantango(f): 4:33pm On May 09, 2006
gbade. x:

lol, i watch Teletubbies cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. That's what i do. cheesy cheesy cheesy

lol, i'm just kidding

cheesy cheesy cheesy Lmao! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Christians: What Do You Do When You Don't Know What Else To Do? by 2cantango(f): 4:36pm On May 09, 2006
@krysty:

I'm feeling your words - I pray and pray and pray.
Re: Christians: What Do You Do When You Don't Know What Else To Do? by deb(m): 4:58pm On May 09, 2006
After you've done all you can the next thing to do is to wait on God.

Waiting on God does not mean you should stop trying at making headsway
so long you are doing the right thing it is just a matter of time for your breakthrough to come.

let me share my own story. after graduation from school I decided to get myself skillful in the are of Information Tech. After my training at NIIT there was still no job forthcoming but I kept on developing my skill.
My brother, after I got a job It wasnt long before I was drafted into the board of Directors of my company becuase of the wonderful software I had developed before I joined the company. I own a whooping 10% of my company share now aside my salary. I waited on God and when His time came It was all smiles for me smiley
Re: Christians: What Do You Do When You Don't Know What Else To Do? by krysty: 10:31am On May 10, 2006
thanks for sharing ur story deb,i guess it's the waiting that's the main trial,isn't it?
Re: Christians: What Do You Do When You Don't Know What Else To Do? by gbadex1(m): 1:37pm On May 10, 2006
Nwoke:

As a Christian, you probably pray and read your bible.

As a human being, you sit down and create a goal for your life and start living it.

. . .and what is the difference between a Christian and a human being? are we (Christians) animals?
As a Christian, you seek God's face for the solution to your problems. we are humans, Chrisitianity is just our way of living.
Re: Christians: What Do You Do When You Don't Know What Else To Do? by krysty: 10:31am On May 11, 2006
Thanks Gbade,nice one! i agree with u,Christianity is way of living, no questions asked!
Re: Christians: What Do You Do When You Don't Know What Else To Do? by kimba(m): 12:10pm On May 11, 2006
hi krysty
all is well. That youve come here on NL is an evidence that you havent gotten to the end of your rope. As long as you are still out of the grave, there is still hope.

As you have been advised, you could share your problems with us(no experts here but at least we could try and help), and since you choose not to do so publicly, u might want to email someone that has an email address in his/her profile. They could offer you advise. If you are still hesitating, do you go to church? see your leaders in the church? do you have relatives, older ones, share your struggles with them. They can sure give you an advice.

If all fails, remember, Jesus never fails. He has never failed. I have failed, people around me had failed me before, but Jesus, He hasnt. I have been in so many situations before and NL is not enough for me to share how I thought i had come to the end of everything, and didnt know what to do again, until I sat down and allowed God to take control. He didnt slacken.

If you are still sitting in your drivers seat and expecting God to tell you where next, then you might be missing something. Why not let him take over the driving, and you take the back seat, take off your shoes, relax and take a break from the hussles of trying to make two ends meet by yourself. He wont miss the way.

Remember:
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
I Corinthians 2:9 No eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God hasprepared for those who love Him”

hope I helped!!
Re: Christians: What Do You Do When You Don't Know What Else To Do? by krysty: 12:00pm On May 13, 2006
Thanks Kimba,for ur advises, honestly,i appreciate it.i want to sound negative like most of my friends always accuse me of,but my dear things are not simple as u make them seem, life is just full of sh**t!
Re: Christians: What Do You Do When You Don't Know What Else To Do? by krysty: 12:05pm On May 13, 2006
i meant to say,i DON"T want to sound negative.
Re: Christians: What Do You Do When You Don't Know What Else To Do? by purplebaby: 10:58pm On Feb 06, 2007
krysty,ij ust came across ur queston. my dear PRAISE is it. all u can do in such a time is to just praise God and thats the key. it works like magic. tht way u get the devil mad and he has no choice than to leave u alone. the bible says in all things give thanks and it is also written that there is no situation that is special meaning that watever ur worries or challenges are someone must have gone through it and survive,so urs cant be exceptional. but its also written that we ve been empowered to overcome .so my dear just take heart and keep believing God 4 a change. i usually encourage myself by saying this to myself.Girl u cant go through this and allow d evil win, so i must birth my miracle whether d devil likes it or not . so be encouraged in this sayin that at end of every tunnel there is light. keep on holding on. love ya. no shaking.
Re: Christians: What Do You Do When You Don't Know What Else To Do? by donnie(m): 10:24pm On Feb 12, 2007
This is what i'll do: I will get into my closet and fall on my knees b4 God, Lift up my hands and give Him thanks for His word and for the blessings which he has deposited in me and which are yet to be revealed. I will get into His word and begin to chew it, declaring with my mouth what He has spoken concerning me. I'll rejoice and shout because of His marvelous works. He said the greater one lives in me. Therefore i refuse to fear or be discouraged. I will pray in the Spirit, speaking in other tongues and prophesying over my life and future. Before long, his light will shine upon me. His Spirit will be stirred within me. I will begin to see thru the Spirit, declaring with my mouth what i see. I'll not only know what steps to take and how; i'll be energized by His Spirit to do what He shows me. I'm more than a conqueror, I cannot be disadvantaged for greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world.
Re: Christians: What Do You Do When You Don't Know What Else To Do? by donnie(m): 10:33pm On Feb 12, 2007
If it still seems as though nothing's changed, i'll hit the streets. I'll go get some souls saved and take them to church. I'll go after the devil, de- populate his kingdom and he'll regret ever messing with me. Jesus will smile cos am seeking his kingdom first rather than dwell in selfishness. Prosperity will necessarily have to follow.

(1) (Reply)

Do U Really Know Who Jesus Is? / How To Relate To Your Pastor / Is Alcohol Consumption A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.