Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,171 members, 7,811,405 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? (5702 Views)

Please Strong Christians What's The Meaning Of This Dream / Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? / Christians:What Fruit Did Adam And Eve Eat Inside The Garden Of Eden? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by plaetton: 1:46pm On Sep 15, 2013
We have be taught from childhood that the 10 commandments were directly from god and that anyone who disobeyed any one of them was destined for eternal torture in hell.

The fourth commandment is:

Remember the Sabbath day, and keep it holy. For six days you shall labor and do all your work. But the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your G-d; you shall not do any work-you, your son or your daughter, your male or female slave, your livestock, or the alien resident in your towns. For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but rested the seventh day; therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and consecrated it.

However, it amazes me that for nearly 2000yrs, the entire body of christianity has been willfully disobeying the 4th commandment without any guilt or fear of punishment.

So, my question is: Has the 4th commandment been amended or repealed?
Because, if not, then we can all assume that nearly all practicing christians are bound for hell on account of worshipping on Sundays, instead of the sixth day as prescribed by the 10 commandments.

Am I correct?

I need someone to update me on this curious development.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by tobechi20(m): 2:01pm On Sep 15, 2013
Plaeton is here again;

since christians arent obeying it, atheist can help us obey it.

1 Like

Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 15, 2013
jydserg
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 15, 2013
And who told u xtians do not obey dis law?
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:05pm On Sep 15, 2013
that's old testament tinz. we are in a new era of salvation thru the murder of jesus.

1 Like

Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by plaetton: 3:12pm On Sep 15, 2013
Rebekkah: lipsrsealed

Saturday is the sabbath, is it not?
Why do christians ignore keeping the Sabbath, saturday, holy , and instead, keep the first day of the week, the sun-day , holy?

2 Likes

Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by plaetton: 3:15pm On Sep 15, 2013
sylvalord: And who told u xtians do not obey dis law?

I did not need to be told.

All the millions of Christians who ignore Saturday, the sabbath day, and instead, keep Sunday holy by worshiping on Sunday is my proof.

1 Like

Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton:

Why do christians ignore keeping the Sabbath, saturday, holy , and instead, keep the first day of the week, the sun-day , holy?
Did the bible ever pointed out a particular day as the sabbath day?
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton:

Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by macof(m): 3:46pm On Sep 15, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: that's old testament tinz. we are in a new era of salvation thru the murder of jesus.
new era indeed. But u still pay tithe
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by macof(m): 3:48pm On Sep 15, 2013
Doc_Miss: I don't quite agree with u sire. You can decide to make anyday ur Sabbath. As Long as that day is gonna be work-free . Not necessarily Saturday or Sunday.
ok mr, when is ur own sabbath day?
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by An0nimus: 3:51pm On Sep 15, 2013
Doc_Miss: I don't quite agree with u sire. You can decide to make anyday ur Sabbath. As Long as that day is gonna be work-free . Not necessarily Saturday or Sunday.
see wetin obadiah don teach people for this section grin

@plaetton you dey start new thread every 15minutes?
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by caye(m): 3:52pm On Sep 15, 2013
Look, Jesus was the sun god, changed to a living man by the catholic church, so as to bring the people under one religion.
Sunday= Sun Day

1 Like

Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 15, 2013
An0nimus:
see wetin obadiah don teach people for this section grin

@plaetton you dey start new thread every 15minutes?
Obadiah didn't teach me nothing !
Sabbath Means ''REST'' and not Saturday . It also doesn't mean Worship.
God worked for Six days . .on the seventh day he Rested .

You can work for six days in the week...but u MUST keep the sabbath.. Any day can be ur Sabbath

Jesus is the Lord of the sabbath....so picking anyday of the week to worship him is not a sin

2 Likes

Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by An0nimus: 3:58pm On Sep 15, 2013
Doc_Miss: Obadiah didn't teach me nothing !

You can work for six days in the week...but u MUST keep the sabbath.. Any day can be ur Sabbath

Jesus is the Lord of the sabbath....so picking anyday of the week to worship him is not a sin
chill warrior princess, I meant the 'sire' thing.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Sep 15, 2013
macof: ok mr, when is ur own sabbath day?
SATURDAY is my sabbath
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by JsusisdwrdofGod: 4:14pm On Sep 15, 2013
According to history, Saturday was meant to be the Sabbath day but because of the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ fell into on Sunday Morning, Christians (Followers of Christ) made it a day of worship to God almighty through our risen Lord thereby making it the Sabbath day.
plaetton:

Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Sep 15, 2013
An0nimus:
chill warrior princess, I meant the 'sire' thing.
grin . Nothing spoil sha grin
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by JsusisdwrdofGod: 4:17pm On Sep 15, 2013
According to history, Saturday was meant to be the Sabbath day but because of the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ fell into on Sunday Morning, Christians (Followers of Christ) made it a day of worship to God almighty through our risen Lord thereby making it the Sabbath day (Resting/Worshiping Day).
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by takeprofit: 4:27pm On Sep 15, 2013
JsusisdwrdofGod: According to history, Saturday was meant to be the Sabbath day but because of the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ fell into on Sunday Morning, Christians (Followers of Christ) made it a day of worship to God almighty through our risen Lord thereby making it the Sabbath day (Resting/Worshiping Day).

so, a group of Christians can decide to change any of God's commandment and re-write the bible. did jesus command christians to change the sabbath day from the 7th day to the first day?

1 Like

Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by macof(m): 4:28pm On Sep 15, 2013
Doc_Miss: Obadiah didn't teach me nothing !

Jesus never asked any one to worship him(sabbath or any other day), it was Moses that asked for the sabbath day thing for God. Wat concern Jesus with sabbath day?
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by macof(m): 4:33pm On Sep 15, 2013
takeprofit:

so, a group of Christians can decide to change any of God's commandment and re-write the bible. did jesus command christians to change the sabbath day from the 7th day to the first day?
Christians are confused people.

1 Like

Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 15, 2013
JsusisdwrdofGod: According to history, Saturday was meant to be the Sabbath day but because of the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ fell into on Sunday Morning, Christians (Followers of Christ) made it a day of worship to God almighty through our risen Lord thereby making it the Sabbath day (Resting/Worshiping Day).
This ur history get as e be grin.

The Roman emperor Constantine who was Once a Pagan saw some Sort of sign . He assumed that the Sign was sent to Him in Order to convert him to Christianity.

He and his Army bacame christians but in their heart,they were still Pagans. They worshipped the god of Sun On SUNDAY.

The also forced the Israelites who were slaves then to worship On sunday. He didn't change the sabbath. It's still Saturday. Anybody caught worshipping on Saturday was Tagged as an Heretic and maybe killed.

So....the sabbath did not become Sunday because Jesus rose on Sunday.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by plaetton: 4:38pm On Sep 15, 2013

With all due respect, that is pure BS.
The bible says the 7th day of the week.
The Jews, to whom these laws were given, clearly know which day is the 7th day.

So what are u talking about
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Sep 15, 2013
takeprofit:

Nobody re-wrote the Bible.
This is simple Logic.
Work for Six days . .the seventh day Is ur sabbath. . It could be any day #shikena
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by plaetton: 4:41pm On Sep 15, 2013

This is the biggest bull****t I read this month.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by plaetton: 4:44pm On Sep 15, 2013
Doc_Miss: Nobody re-wrote the Bible.
This is simple Logic.
Work for Six days . .the seventh day Is ur sabbath. . It could be any day #shikena

So god gives you a commandment and you decide when and how it is suitable for you to keep?
Na wa for this religion.
No wonder well is being warmed up fir you guys.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by plaetton: 4:47pm On Sep 15, 2013
Reyginus: Did the bible ever pointed out a particular day as the sabbath day?

Yes sir.
The seventh day if the week.
Saturday.
Just ask the Jews. They should know. Don't you think?
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton:

With all due respect, that is pure BS.
The bible says the 7th day of the week.
The Jews, to whom these laws were given, clearly know which day is the 7th day.

So what are u talking about
It's BS to u cos u don't understand.. Lemme break it down.

We were commanded to Keep the SABBATH On the Seventh day because that was the SABBATH of God.. That Seventh day Is Saturday..

Like I said...SABBATH doesn't mean WORSHIP. SABBATh means REST ! Yes ! We Must Rest On saturday. Because God rested On the seventh day.

Christians Worship On Sunday which is The first day... It is Not a Sin because we weren't Commanded to Worship On saturday.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by plaetton: 5:02pm On Sep 15, 2013
Doc_Miss: It's BS to u cos u don't understand.. Lemme break it down.

We were commanded to Keep the SABBATH On the Seventh day because that was the SABBATH of God.. That Seventh day Is Saturday..

Like I said...SABBATH doesn't mean WORSHIP. SABBATh means REST ! Yes ! We Must Rest On saturday. Because God rested On the seventh day.

Christians Worship On Sunday which is The first day... It is Not a Sin because we weren't Commanded to Worship On saturday.

"Remember the sabbath and keep it HOLY"
Which part do u not understand?
Do you keep Sundays holy or not?

1 Like

Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton:

Yes sir.
The seventh day if the week.
Saturday.
Just ask the Jews. They should know. Don't you think?
Lol. Are my a jew? You don't have a bible to show me?
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton:

"Remember the sabbath and keep it HOLY"
Which part do u not understand?
Do you keep Sundays holy or not?
So what u're saying is.....we can keep Six days in a week ''UNHOLY'' but we MUST keep the sabbath 'Holy' .

As a Christian....u Must keep Every other day Holy and not just the sabbath. Everyday should be kept Holy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What If Religion Really was a Scam , What Would You Do different.? / Stand Up And Be Counted: Pastor E. A. Adeboye's Terrifying Dream / Christ embassy stage DESIGNER,the brain behind the stage work and lightings.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.