Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,965 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Getting A YES After A NO. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Getting A YES After A NO. (11950 Views)

Best Times To Ask A Lady Out And Get A Yes Faster / 8 Romantic Ways To PROPOSE To A Lady[and Get A Yes] / How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting A YES After A NO. by Kslib(m): 12:03pm On Mar 19, 2013
****following***
Re: Getting A YES After A NO. by mediainspired: 12:05pm On Mar 19, 2013
Lol, it once happened to me too. Sometimes, it's cos they're trying to sort themselves out with a dying relatnship. At other times, it's just plain female pride mischief. Someone already put it succintly: look out for the one that u're happiest being around. To break it further, stick wit d one dat luvs u as u are &u dont hav to pretend to be somone else. D one dat gently tries to make u a beta person. D one dat occasionally &genuinely asks d welfare of ur parents. D one dat pyshes u towards ur life goals &updates u about hers, &sees both of u as a team working. It's important u make d right choice cos it can foreva make or mar u. Once u are sure she's commited to u, then just simply tell d other ones u got occupied while they were still dilly-dallying, & u dont wanna two-time. They'll accept it wasnt ur fault.

2 Likes

Re: Getting A YES After A NO. by Hila12(m): 12:06pm On Mar 19, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Getting A YES After A NO. by Kirinwa: 12:07pm On Mar 19, 2013
wellmax: I had known her since primary school as just a classmate,
We became real friends at the university,
I asked her out she said 'No, we are good as just friends'.
Three months later, she sent an SMS with just one word 'YES'
I just ignored it and till today I didn't ask her about it.
Her friend told me she says she's still waiting for me to make the move again.
She go wait tire.

Guy if ever you truly loved her. Go back although if you don't I totally understand because I have the same feelings too.I don't like someone posting me.Unfortunately I don't necessarily share the thought that agreeing to your request makes them cheap.

1 Like

Re: Getting A YES After A NO. by Nuzo1(m): 12:12pm On Mar 19, 2013
There's nothing wrong in a girl taking her time to know you and eventually falling for you later. This process takes time as your request may have come all of a sudden.
For the fact that she's a human being, she has to reassess her current relationship and also asses you before jumping into any relationship.

However, most Nigerian girls are very fond of unnecessarily dragging the waiting period to their own detriment.

In the words of 2pac:

"As a celebrity, I got to understand how it feels to be a woman. You are being touched and talked to when you are not ready to be touched ot talked to".

@op

1. If you can endure the shakara they did, then choose a better one and tell the rest to move on.

2. If you can't endure the shakara, tell them to bounce right away.

3. If you are a player, then pounce on all three of them and Bounce!

1 Like

Re: Getting A YES After A NO. by obowunmi(m): 12:16pm On Mar 19, 2013
Did OP just win prize money??
Re: Getting A YES After A NO. by Decryptor(m): 12:34pm On Mar 19, 2013
An advice to Guys:
Please stop limiting yourself all in the name of trying so hard to woo a woman and gain her love. Any woman you struggle to get is not truly yours and does not deserve your love. Even Adam did not have to struggle to get Eve,he just woke up and there she was...SHE EVEN CAME TO HIM. It shocks me when i hear about guys who spend up to a year just to win the heart of one woman. It's not right. If she says "NO" to you, just take it in good faith and walk away cos it will always be a NO even when you eventually coax her to say YES. Wisen up guys.

3 Likes

Re: Getting A YES After A NO. by Nobody: 12:45pm On Mar 19, 2013
Your money is about to be depleted. For you its love, for them its the Benjamins.
Re: Getting A YES After A NO. by Kirinwa: 12:49pm On Mar 19, 2013
Once a girl I love told me.NO.Till date her answer is NO although she doesn't mind eating my money while waving friendship to me.MAKA Y?I didn't subscribe to it either. Imagine telling me she's broke. Wetin concern me.I be her fada?

Decryptor: An advice to Guys:
Please stop limiting yourself all in the name of trying so hard to woo a woman and gain her love. Any woman you struggle to get is not truly yours and does not deserve your love. Even Adam did not have to struggle to get Eve,he just woke up and there she was...SHE EVEN CAME TO HIM. It shocks me when i hear about guys who spend up to a year just to win the heart of one woman. It's not right. If she says "NO" to you, just take it in good faith and walk away cos it will always be a NO even when you eventually coax her to say YES. Wisen up guys.

1 Like

Re: Getting A YES After A NO. by contactmorak: 12:49pm On Mar 19, 2013
GraceBestowed: Ok, sounds like you are a decent guy, girls appreciate this!

I don't know if your feelings have changed drastically, towards these girls, in the last month, but the best thing to do is not to rush into any thing with anyone of them.

My advice: if you want to turn them all down, and find another girl, by all means, do so. An alternative is to be honest with all of them, tell them the situation, and hang out with each if them, till you are sure of who you'd like to spend time with permanently.

By 'hang out' I don't mean sleep with, that's unnecessary!

How many girls like decent guys? If I hear!
Re: Getting A YES After A NO. by lawizle(m): 12:50pm On Mar 19, 2013
Nasty-clown:
What will you do if the girls who turned down your proposal for a relationship all return within two weeks to say yes to you?

Now this is the scenario, I recently became single after ending one year relationship. I asked three girls out after 2months of deciding to be single. Please note that I didn't do this at the same time but sequentially. Both the first and second girl said they just wanted to be friends. The third girl was in an abusive relationship and wasn't ready to quit yet.

Fast forward to one month (March 2013). The first girl told me she wants us to upgrade our relationship. The second lady, last week sent me a text saying she was ready to date me now. Last weekend I ran into the third girl in a club and she asked for a date within the week.

It's really a tough choice picking one of these girls cos there's something special about each of them. I'm thinking of turning them down and keeping them as the good friends they have become. tongue

We all know who we really want deep within ourselves....yur last statement shows you don't want any of dem..so let dem know watsup so as not to be taken for your username....
Re: Getting A YES After A NO. by ezzye: 12:54pm On Mar 19, 2013
GraceBestowed: Ok, sounds like you are a decent guy, girls appreciate this!

I don't know if your feelings have changed drastically, towards these girls, in the last month, but the best thing to do is not to rush into any thing with anyone of them.

My advice: if you want to turn them all down, and find another girl, by all means, do so. An alternative is to be honest with all of them, tell them the situation, and hang out with each if them, till you are sure of who you'd like to spend time with permanently.

By 'hang out' I don't mean sleep with, that's unnecessary!

did i hear u say girls appreciate decent guys? Abeg...i no how many girls av left me just because i said: "we r movin too fast, lets take it slow", calin me "dolapo" wateva dat means......, guy put all three on a scale, dont hesitate to delete d one dat fals short of ur standards...if u wanna b frnds b frnds and enjoy der company....daz all
Re: Getting A YES After A NO. by Nobody: 1:03pm On Mar 19, 2013
Time to test-drive them bishes! grin
Re: Getting A YES After A NO. by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 19, 2013
Makes me wonder if I should have bought agidi and pure water instead of suya and coke if you get my drift.
Re: Getting A YES After A NO. by Allenkee: 1:09pm On Mar 19, 2013
d33j@y85:
Jus f.uk f.uk the 3 of dem n wen u finish wit dem tel am to knack der head for wall yeye gals

NA FIGHT?
Re: Getting A YES After A NO. by oshinlajaneyo(m): 1:12pm On Mar 19, 2013
May be they come,jst to upload their remaining Luggages in ur custody. Watch out 0oooo,might be dangerous
Re: Getting A YES After A NO. by Sweetapple007(f): 1:46pm On Mar 19, 2013
What kind of relationship do u want frm them, if u want to marry choose the one that make u happy ad if u re a player,remember h.i.v is booming in benue ad keep ur ass to ur self.
Re: Getting A YES After A NO. by Sweetapple007(f): 1:49pm On Mar 19, 2013
ezzy-e:

did i hear u say girls appreciate decent guys? Abeg...i no how many girls av left me just because i said: "we r movin too fast, lets take it slow", calin me "dolapo" wateva dat means......, guy put all three on a scale, dont hesitate to delete d one dat fals short of ur standards...if u wanna b frnds b frnds and enjoy der company....daz all
re u descent.
Re: Getting A YES After A NO. by larpah(m): 1:53pm On Mar 19, 2013
This post is hiding
*badt guy*
Re: Getting A YES After A NO. by bunmila(f): 1:56pm On Mar 19, 2013
wellmax: I had known her since primary school as just a classmate,
We became real friends at the university,
I asked her out she said 'No, we are good as just friends'.
Three months later, she sent an SMS with just one word 'YES'
I just ignored it and till today I didn't ask her about it.
Her friend told me she says she's still waiting for me to make the move again.
She go wait tire.
Not really nice of you me thinks. You could hav jst asked her why she said no the first time since you claim you were really good friends. Ladies usually do not find it easy making certain decisions and need a push here and a nudge there. You say yes too fast and you are seen as cheap. You dnt say it fast enough and you are playing hard to get.

1 Like

Re: Getting A YES After A NO. by Gozychuks(m): 1:56pm On Mar 19, 2013
goldfish80: Lucky guy cheesy
dont mind all those girls am sure fortune jst smiled on d guy and they want to eat inside... Maybe he jst got a well payn job... Girls dnt want to build wit u .. They want to eat whr they didnt sow
Re: Getting A YES After A NO. by Melahou(m): 2:05pm On Mar 19, 2013
It's really a tough choice picking one of these girls cos there's something special about each of them. I'm thinking of turning them down and keeping them as the good friends they have become.

Then date all of them na,as if you dont know what to do
Re: Getting A YES After A NO. by jaybee3(m): 2:09pm On Mar 19, 2013
I guess you are feeling rather

Here is a solution, just do mini mini mani mo .......

BTW: No correlation between your current dilemma and the thread title.

1 Like

Re: Getting A YES After A NO. by Gates174(m): 2:14pm On Mar 19, 2013
De~Blunt:
A player by coincidence and not by default. grin

Gbam
Re: Getting A YES After A NO. by NOIBMUUL(m): 2:19pm On Mar 19, 2013
Everything na triple triple!!!
Re: Getting A YES After A NO. by dskenky(m): 2:38pm On Mar 19, 2013
@ De~Blunt:

...like my oga at the top will say: play on player!
Re: Getting A YES After A NO. by iluvtotodie(m): 2:42pm On Mar 19, 2013
mods, pls i want to use my own hand to hide my own post, how can i do that before i type what i want to type.
Re: Getting A YES After A NO. by gentlegg(m): 2:49pm On Mar 19, 2013
Nasty-clown:
What will you do if the girls who turned down your proposal for a relationship all return within two weeks to say yes to you?

Now this is the scenario, I recently became single after ending one year relationship. I asked three girls out after 2months of deciding to be single. Please note that I didn't do this at the same time but sequentially. Both the first and second girl said they just wanted to be friends. The third girl was in an abusive relationship and wasn't ready to quit yet.

Fast forward to one month (March 2013). The first girl told me she wants us to upgrade our relationship. The second lady, last week sent me a text saying she was ready to date me now. Last weekend I ran into the third girl in a club and she asked for a date within the week.

It's really a tough choice picking one of these girls cos there's something special about each of them. I'm thinking of turning them down and keeping them as the good friends they have become. tongue

Were you married while in your then one year relationship? This is how you boys goes about deceiving all these toddler-brain girls in the name of stupid relationship and after only-God-knows-when years you break up. After gratifying your libido on her, you look for another girl. And the toddler-brains will never learn, all in the name of stupid love.
I have said it over and over here, IF YOU ARE NOT READY FOR MARRIAGE AND WITHOUT ANY MARRIAGE INTENT, PLEASE YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS WITH ANY RELATIONSHIP WHATSOEVER.
'Relationship' or better still 'Engagement' is made for a man and a woman (not a boy and a girl) who intends to marry themselves and possibly have agreed to but needs to come closer to each other to work out the marriage (and it should not take ages) but can disengage when both or either of them is convinced that they cannot be married together due to some irreconcilable incompatibilities.
Re: Getting A YES After A NO. by NosaHenry(m): 2:56pm On Mar 19, 2013
You are as a clown as your name
Re: Getting A YES After A NO. by Josephnice: 3:10pm On Mar 19, 2013
gentlegg:
Were you married while in your then one year relationship? This is how you boys goes about deceiving all these toddler-brain girls in the name of stupid relationship and after only-God-knows-when years you break up. After gratifying your libido on her, you look for another girl. And the toddler-brains will never learn, all in the name of stupid love.
I have said it over and over here, IF YOU ARE NOT READY FOR MARRIAGE AND WITHOUT ANY MARRIAGE INTENT, PLEASE YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS WITH ANY RELATIONSHIP WHATSOEVER.
'Relationship' or better still 'Engagement' is made for a man and a woman (not a boy and a girl) who intends to marry themselves and possibly have agreed to but needs to come closer to each other to work out the marriage (and it should not take ages) but can disengage when both or either of them is convinced that they cannot be married together due to some irreconcilable incompatibilities.

This one no be wahala so? Irreconcilable incompatibilities. Hmm! Na u and patrick obahiagbon fit to live together
Re: Getting A YES After A NO. by Josephnice: 3:11pm On Mar 19, 2013
gentlegg:

This one no be wahala so? Irreconcilable incompatibilities. Hmm! Na u and patrick obahiagbon fit to live together
Re: Getting A YES After A NO. by sunnyt1(m): 3:22pm On Mar 19, 2013
And wud u expect a gal to say "YES" that very moment u ask her out?

She has her own life to live too, she is probably in a relationship, she probably wsnt ready for a relationship at a particular time, so understand their angles too.

But this sounds like a movie to me sha, how wud dey all turn u down about the same time and then call you bak to say they are now ready, about the same time too, are they sisters or friends? Abi dem do meeting? Then a Nigerian gal ( in this case 3 gals o) called u bak 2 say she is now ready for a relationship, Kai, pls wats the title of the movie.

Their is this course i did in my early years in school, the title is LOGIC AND LINEAR ALGEBRA, and it says the picture you are painting doesnt follow logic

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Help A Nairalander / Top 10 Nigerian States With The Highest No Of Bleached Guys And Babes.. / Crazy Reasons Women Moan During Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.