Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,290 members, 7,839,434 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

Excuses You Make To Stay In A Bad Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Excuses You Make To Stay In A Bad Relationship (587 Views)

8 Misplaced Attributes Guys Check In A Lady That Land Them Into Bad Relationship / 10 Statements Ladies Make To Scare Guys When They Initiate Sex / 10 Statements Ladies Often Make To Appear Decent Before Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Excuses You Make To Stay In A Bad Relationship by Emusan(m): 9:15am On Mar 19, 2013
1 I’d rather settle for him/her than be alone.
What’s wrong with being single? You’re not alone ( Hebrews 13:5). If you are settling for an unhealthy relationship just to have a warm body near, you are missing the amazing indescribable intimacy God offers you; He will continue to politely step aside as you choose to accept less.

2. I love him/her.
"It's a true saying that the person will love may not love us in return". But at least they should have above 80%. There is a difference in loving and being “in love” and fully committed to the person you KNOW you were meant to marry...for better for worse.

3. We've had s.ex.
My biggest fear was that I had to stay with him/her simply because we had s.ex. Is this how you feel? Well, it reminded me that sex outside marriage is a sin. Because you have already begun is really not an excuse to continue, STOP it now and continue your life.

4. I’m waiting until Mr/Miss. Right comes along.
I will continue to manage him/her till I will meet the right person then what will happen if unexpected thing happened? Let’s get serious! If Mr/Miss. Right crosses your path, he’ll consider your low standards unattractive and beauty. Your present relationship portrays evidence of the needy, insecure person you are choosing to be.

5. We’re engaged, already committed.
Have you agreed to marry him/her, but now you’re having doubts? If there is doubt, DON’T! Use the valuable opportunity you have now for a “time-out” to reevaluate or choose to live the rest of your life with regret! “But,” you say, “I’ve already started planning a wedding, and I’m looking forward to a honeymoon.” Get your eyes off worldly things and ask God to open your spiritual eyes.

6. I don’t want to hurt his feelings.
Has your heart left the picture, but you're still hanging around because you’d like him/her to stay happy? Maybe you feel bad leaving him/her because he/she has spent so much time and money on you. You’re not stock; this isn’t an investment game. Have you tried to walk away, but his craftiness persuaded you to stay? You’re not a puppet; pull your hearts strings from his grip.

7. He’ll change for the better!
Naturally, we think we can turn a frog or even a snake into a prince with a kiss! But, sometimes a snake is just a snake and we wind up bit.

8. Real Husband/Wife are scarce.
Actually it's true but always have the believe and faith, that your own husband/wife will surely come.

They say "fear is our number one greatest enemy, it crippled our faith and freezed our creativity".

Truth be told, you need to run the other direction. Bad relationships are poisonous.
“I can do all this through him who gives me strength.” Philippians 4:13

1 Like

Re: Excuses You Make To Stay In A Bad Relationship by obi4eze(m): 9:30am On Mar 19, 2013
... and many people get into bad relationships because they put God out. It's always good to put God first in any relationship because when problems arise in the future, you'll go back to Him for solution. And how does it go when He's not been there from the beginning?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Just A Month, She Wants Baby / God Fills Your Future With Hope Part 2 / Grace Is The New Wine- Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.