Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,958 members, 7,821,374 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. (6964 Views)

Atheism Is Frustrating. / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman(m): 8:33pm On Mar 19, 2013
The dumbness and lack of intelligence of these NL atheists/agnostics is really alarming: Logicboy aka Mcdaddy, who called the 2nd law law of thermodynamics "pseudoscience". According to him

MacDaddy01:
[size=15pt]Life is irrelevant to the 2nd law of thermodynamics. [/size]

#Another Ooman [size=15pt]pseudoscientific[/size] claim debunked cool

Muskeeto who is just tired of life and ready to die, expecting me to babysit him, which i refused and he resorted to abuse.

Wiegraf who thought that entropy means order. According to him
wiegraf:
I do, it's terribly foo.lish. For instance, you don't even know what entropy is, that statement is very clearly wrong. Very. Completely. And I'm not going to read those long posts. Sorry, summarize them. But here are some basics, [size=15pt]just because you gain one sort of 'order' that does not mean you don't lose another type of 'order', you always do. That is entropy.[/size]

all these are found here: https://www.nairaland.com/1230274/striktlymi-davidylan-right-wrong

These fo.ols lack moral code: I gave them one which is "DO NOT HURT YOUR SPECIES MEMBER" which is part of what Logicboy regard as pseudoscience. Hence, they quickly resort to abuse since they have no scruple to check them. I now know what you guys are facing

After dialogue with these eediots, i thought its high time i made a new stand on nairaland. I shall remain an atheist on other forums but on NL, i am now a nontheist. Nontheism according to wikipedia is a term that covers a range of both religious[1] and nonreligious[2] attitudes characterized by the absence or rejection of theism or any belief in a personal god or gods. It has become an umbrella term for summarizing various distinct and even mutually exclusive positions united by a naturalist approach.

Pls guys, whenever we get engaged in a debate, do not engage me as an atheist but as a nontheist. It is a shame to share identity with the fo.ols above.

1 Like

Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by MacDaddy01: 8:36pm On Mar 19, 2013
I have never felt more embarrassed on Nairaland in my life (and I've been banned a record 25 times).

Ooman. you are truly an embarrassment! Gaddem.

I never said that the second law of thermodynamics is pseudoscience. Your claim that evolution hinges on the 2nd law of thermodynamics is pseudoscience.

Where is Davidylan when you need him. He knows how to bash people like you
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman(m): 8:38pm On Mar 19, 2013
MacDaddy01: I have never felt more embarrassed on Nairaland in my life (and I've been banned a record 25 times).

Ooman. you are truly an embarrassment! Gaddem.

just try to deny you never said life is irrelevant to the second law of thermodynamics? junk!!
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by MacDaddy01: 8:39pm On Mar 19, 2013
ooman:

just try to deny you never said life is irrelevant to the second law of thermodynamics? junk!!

Why would I deny that? Is it wrong? Could you simply explain why it is wrong?
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman(m): 8:43pm On Mar 19, 2013
MacDaddy01:

Why would I deny that? Is it wrong? Could you simply explain why it is wrong?

i have no time for foo.ls

1 Like

Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by MacDaddy01: 8:52pm On Mar 19, 2013
ooman:

i have no time for foo.ls

grin grin grin

There are at least two fools on your title of the thread.
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman(m): 8:53pm On Mar 19, 2013
MacDaddy01:

grin grin grin

There are at least two fools on your title of the thread.

sorry but there no fools but anyone who think that life is irrelevant to the second law of thermodynamics when in fact, life evolved because of the second law of thermodynamics.
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman(m): 8:58pm On Mar 19, 2013
Life is the manifestation of the second law of thermodynamics, it is totally disappointing, absolutely insane and totally incomprehensible for any eediot to claim that life is irrelevant to the second law of thermodynamics. I will not accept this insanity for any reason.

Attached is another document, upon all other i have provided that explains the second law. Titled "life as a manifestation of the second law of thermodynamics" in my sig

Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by MacDaddy01: 9:02pm On Mar 19, 2013
ooman:

sorry but there no fools but anyone who think that life is irrelevant to the second law of thermodynamics when in fact, life evolved because of the second law of thermodynamics.

Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman(m): 9:04pm On Mar 19, 2013
^^^^ actually, i am used to your unintelligence, it is no longer alarming!!!
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by MacDaddy01: 9:30pm On Mar 19, 2013
I actually read part of the paper you gave.

They actually try to interpret evolution from a thermodynamic view- not the other way around.

This is what you simply fail to understand
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman(m): 9:31pm On Mar 19, 2013
MacDaddy01: I actually read part of the paper you gave.

They actually try to interpret evolution from a thermodynamic view- not the other way around.

This is what you simply fail to understand

interpret evolution from a thermodynamic view means that interpret life as a result of thermodynamics, which is everything i have said which you fail to grasp.
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman(m): 9:36pm On Mar 19, 2013
yet another illustration.

If only the illiterates hiding as atheists will understand!

Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by MacDaddy01: 9:42pm On Mar 19, 2013
ooman:

interpret evolution from a thermodynamic view means that interpret life as a result of thermodynamics, which is everything i have said which you fail to grasp.

1) What have we learnt from interpretations? Entropy has different meanings.

In my opinion, the audacious attempt to reveal the formal equivalence of the ideas of biological organization and thermodynamic order ...must be judged to have failed. — Peter Medawar (30)

Computer scientist Rolf Landauer wrote an article published in June, 1996, which contains insight that should discourage attempts to physically link the two kinds of entropy. He demonstrates that "there is no unavoidable minimal energy requirement per transmitted bit" (31). Using Boltzmann's constant to tie together thermodynamic entropy and logical entropy is thus shown to be without basis. One may rightly object that the minimal energy requirement per bit of information is unrelated to logical entropy. But this supposed requirement was the keystone of modern arguments connecting the two concepts.

Landauer
It is surprising that mixing entropy and biology still fosters confusion. The relevant concepts from physics pertaining to the second law of thermodynamics are at least 100 years old. The confusion can be eradicated if we distinguish thermodynamic entropy from logical entropy, and admit that Earth's biological system is open to organizing input from outside.
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by MacDaddy01: 9:43pm On Mar 19, 2013
ooman: yet another illustration.

If only the illiterates hiding as atheists will understand!

F4cking fool!

Do you even understand what the diagram is saying? Copy and paste lord!
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by wiegraf: 9:44pm On Mar 19, 2013
Do you believe in god or deities, especially of the supernatural nature, op?
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman(m): 9:47pm On Mar 19, 2013
EVEN MORE ILLUSTRATIONS FOR THE EEDIOTS

Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by wiegraf: 9:48pm On Mar 19, 2013
MacDaddy01:

F4cking fool!

Do you even understand what the diagram is saying? Copy and paste lord!

ooman:
After dialogue with these eediots, i thought its high time i made a new stand on nairaland. I shall remain an atheist on other forums but on NL, i am now a nontheist. Nontheism according to wikipedia is a term that covers a range of both religious[1] and nonreligious[2] attitudes characterized by the absence or rejection of theism or any belief in a personal god or gods. It has become an umbrella term for summarizing various distinct and even mutually exclusive positions united by a naturalist approach.

First encarta then wikipedia. Nothing wrong with using wikipedia, but most who do so at least have a basic grasp of whatever they're quoting. He doesn't. It's like someone memorizing the multiplication tables but having no understanding whatsoever about how multiplication works.

Note though, I've not actually read his links, my observation above is based on older stuff of his. What's his article about? Is it worth reading?
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by MacDaddy01: 9:48pm On Mar 19, 2013
Copying and pasting diagrams that you do not understand doesnt impress anyone.
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman(m): 9:49pm On Mar 19, 2013
and even more diagrams for the children

Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman(m): 9:50pm On Mar 19, 2013
after all my attempts. I have nothing more to say to these fools.

When ever those i directed my OP to replies, i shall come back.
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by MacDaddy01: 9:52pm On Mar 19, 2013
wiegraf:

First encarta then wikipedia. Nothing wrong with using wikipedia, but most who do so at least have a basic grasp of whatever they're quoting. He doesn't. It's like someone memorizing the multiplication tables but having no understanding whatsoever about how multiplication works.

Note though, I've not actually read his links, my observation above is based on older stuff of his. What's his article about? Is it worth reading?

Ooman doesnt understand what he pastes most of the time.

His article is an article that tries to explain life through a thermodynamics viewpoint. WhatOoman continuously fails to understand is that evolution as a theory stands on its own without a thermodynamic interpretation.
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman(m): 9:57pm On Mar 19, 2013
Thermodynamics is a compound of two Greek words, therme (heat) and dunamis (power). How come this never includes living systems?
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman(m): 10:01pm On Mar 19, 2013
and from more reasonable sources:

To summarize this important conclusion that is known by very few who are not chemists: Energetically, the second law of thermodynamics favors the formation of the majority of all known complex and ordered chemical compounds directly from their simpler elements. Thus, contrary to popular opinion, the second law does not dictate the decrease of ordered structure by its predictions. It only demands a "spreading out" of energy when such ordered compounds are formed spontaneously.

Also, to repeat a caution: The foregoing only describes energetic relationships [size=20pt]involving the second law[/size]. It does not mean that most complex substances can be readily synthesized just by mixing elements and treating them in some way. [size=20pt]The second law has nothing to do with pathways or procedures of synthesis – only with energy and its tendency to spread out/disperse.[/size]

Most complex molecules may require the expertise of one or of many chemists to put them together in a laboratory. [size=20pt]However, so far as the second law of thermodynamics is concerned, not only water but cholesterol, DNA, the anti-depressant in St. John’s Wort and millions of other complex substances contain less energy than their constituent elements. Therefore, thermodynamically, their formation from those elements would be a spontaneous process, energetically favored by the second law.[/size] AND THIS IS ORGANIC EVOLUTION. EVERYTHING THAT EVOLUTION STANDS FOR!!!

http://2ndlaw.oxy.edu/evolution.html
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman(m): 10:05pm On Mar 19, 2013
Without the second law, there can be no evolution - so says - http://2ndlaw.oxy.edu/evolution.html
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman(m): 10:10pm On Mar 19, 2013
AND AFTER ALL THESE, A FOOL STILL DARE TELL ME THAT LIFE IS IRRELEVANT TO THE SECOND LAW OF THERMODYNAMICS??

THIS IS TOTAL INSANITY!!
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by Les: 10:31pm On Mar 19, 2013
Two ppl dat says there is no God calling themselves fools, really interesting. Nb...A fool says in his heart, there is no God. But wat is this law of thermodynamics again self even tho i de study physics??

3 Likes

Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by MacDaddy01: 7:32am On Mar 20, 2013
Les: Two ppl dat says there is no God calling themselves fools, really interesting. Nb...A fool says in his heart, there is no God. But wat is this law of thermodynamics again self even tho i de study physics??

smh
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by poopli: 8:32am On Mar 20, 2013
Its been long i placed a post here because of the abuse of theists and atheists alike, the like that is tearing this thread apart but the truth need to be told. Mods you need to work on filtering bad words.

The 2nd law of thermodynamics truly made evolution possible. Any biologist in the 21st century who claim that ALL laws of thermodynamics, not just the second law is irrelevant to life is truly off his mind. 1st Law - Energy is always converted in living organisms. 2nd law - Order in living organisms resulted because of the need for DNA to achieve a minimum energy state. 3rd Law - We all lose heat, a form of energy.

Misunderstanding of the second law that order cannot come from chaos made creationists say that the 2nd law was against evolution. But thorough understanding of the energy(which cannot be created or destroyed) pathways in fact showed that order can come from chaos. This field is made more elaborate by quantum physics - electroconfiguration of elements and the arrangement of their electrons in orbits. Quantum physics revealed that electrons prefer a ground state always, that is, a minimum energy state. Because of this, evolution of life, from inorganic chemicals, known as abiogenesis, or more preferably by most biologists and chemists - chemical evolution, was made possible even in a time that is more chaotic than now and this is because matter prefers a minimum energy state, this state could only be achieved by forming bonds and complex chemicals that resulted into life. And indeed, life could only evolve at such time of chaos when order is really needed in disorder, this is why we do not see life evolving now - because the earth has cooled (3rd law) and the balance and equilibrium of energy state of the environment is now achieved by the presence of numerous life forms who exist by obeying the 2nd law of thermodynamics every single second they have life. Killing to live!! - increasing entropy to conserve theirs - 2nd law of thermodynamics.

I must add that the 2nd law of thermodynamics CANNOT be fully understood without thorough knowledge of quantum physics. Some scientists even claim that the 2nd law is immediately connected to the big b.ang because continuous disorder in the cosmic egg reached a critical stage in which energy could no longer be held in a point and so exploded, exactly like a supernova of star.

The 2nd law of thermodynamics is not just related to life and holds life together, its perfectly related to and perfectly explains "the existence of something rather than nothing" - the philosopher's mystery question - for those who know about that. I for one love to talk about the 2nd law, it is applicable to everything in the cosmos, both natural and artificial. We can look into our PC and understand the second law, or look into a cell and understand why it formed at all and stays intact without help of the supernatural.

Ooman, however right, is harsh in treatment of this matter. Perhaps because your "opponent" continues to claim life is irrelevant to the 2nd law. I will not condemn you because someone saying life is irrelevant to the second law is like saying electricity is irrelevant in powering a computer. I dont think i would have approached this any better but still, i would do away with the rants and raves.

1 Like

Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by MacDaddy01: 8:56am On Mar 20, 2013
2nd law of thermodynamics is continuously missaplied to evolution.

Here is a simple explanation to Ooman and his pseudoscientific pals

In a Nutshell
A common argument against biological evolution is that the theory contradicts the second law of thermodynamics. The second law says that disorder, or entropy, always increases or stays the same over time. How then can evolution produce more complex life forms over time? The answer is that the second law is only valid in closed systems with no external sources of energy. Since the Earth receives continual energy from the Sun, the second law does not apply.

Or is that not enough for you? There is more

Defining the System
However, this objection is grounded in a misunderstanding of the second law, which states any isolated system will increase its total entropy over time. An isolated system is defined as one without any outside energy input. Because the universe is an isolated system, the total disorder of the universe is always increasing.
With biological evolution however, the system being considered is not the universe, but the Earth. And the Earth is not an isolated system. This means that an increase in order can occur on Earth as long as there is an energy input — most notably the light of the sun. Therefore, energy input from the sun could give rise to the increase in order on Earth including complex molecules and organisms. At the same time, the sun becomes increasingly disordered as it emits energy to the Earth. Even though order may be increasing on Earth, the total order of the solar system and universe is still decreasing, and the second law is not violated.

Misapplication of The Second Law
To claim that evolution violates the Second Law of Thermodynamics is also grounded in a misunderstanding of where the law applies. Nobody has ever figured out how to apply the second law to living creatures. There is no meaning to the entropy of a frog. The kinds of systems that can be analyzed with the second law are much simpler.
A living organism is not so much a unified whole as it is a collection of subsystems. In the development of life, for example, a major leap occurred when cells mutated in such a way that they clumped together so that multicellular life was possible.
A simple mutation allowing one cell to stick to other cells enabled a larger and more complex life form. However, such a transformation does not violate the Second Law of Thermodynamics any more than superglue violates the law when it sticks your fingers to the kitchen counter.

#Ooman and his pseudoscience debunked
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman(m): 9:16am On Mar 20, 2013
^^^^you know, the problem with you is that you can't figure out the difference between chemical evolution and darwinian evolution.

Your quotes are correct, but YOU misapply them always. You always place A where B applies. Go back to school, they will help you and if not, then go to a mental institution.

This is the last I will say to you.
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by Yooguyz: 9:36am On Mar 20, 2013
you are still an athiest then

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Will There Be A Secret Rapture? / Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft / Pastor Always Knew Agnostic Would Come Crawling Back To Church For Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.