Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,651 members, 7,816,666 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. (6953 Views)

Atheism Is Frustrating. / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by wiegraf: 9:39am On Mar 20, 2013
Yooguyz: you are still an athiest then

You noticed?
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by Alfamann: 9:42am On Mar 20, 2013
This ooman is really an olodo. A mazamaza goat seller.

I came here expecting a reformed atheist a la Annony, that refound god after dealing with his mental incapabilities. But what do we get? Just an atheist that disagrees with other atheists. And your goat herding brain made you call established fools like ihedinobi and striktlymi as your witness.

Can't you see your position? Even those fools ignored your call for help because they realise you may be even more foolish than them.

In fact, I suspected your folly when you decided to open a thread and announce that you have changed your name, (because of one ocman) only to announce 2 pages later that you didn't change it afterall. How you cannot differentiate between ooman and ocman beats me. And now you a thermodynamics expert because you can copy and paste diagrams. SMH. Even the ocman didn't complain but you had to twist yourself into parts first.

Please go all the way and rebecome a christian because you actually fit with them.

5 Likes

Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman(m): 9:43am On Mar 20, 2013
Yooguyz: you are still an athiest then

Yep but not on nairaland. These fools who call themselves atheists are bugging me. I can't bear this foolishness any further on nairaland. Even the bible makes more sense than nairaland atheists.
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by MacDaddy01: 10:35am On Mar 20, 2013
Alfamann: This ooman is really an olodo. A mazamaza goat seller.

I came here expecting a reformed atheist a la Annony, that refound god after dealing with his mental incapabilities. But what do we get? Just an atheist that disagrees with other atheists. And your goat herding brain made you call established fools like ihedinobi and striktlymi as your witness.

Can't you see your position? Even those fools ignored your call for help because they realise you may be even more foolish than them.

In fact, I suspected your folly when you decided to open a thread and announce that you have changed your name, (because of one ocman) only to announce 2 pages later that you didn't change it afterall. How you cannot differentiate between ooman and ocman beats me. And now you a thermodynamics expert because you can copy and paste diagrams. SMH. Even the ocman didn't complain but you had to twist yourself into parts first.

Please go all the way and rebecome a christian because you actually fit with them.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by mazaje(m): 11:00am On Mar 20, 2013
Alfamann: This ooman is really an olodo. A mazamaza goat seller.

grin grin
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by Areaboy2(m): 11:38am On Mar 20, 2013
What a shame Ooman. You have to realize something with being a "free" minded person (aka atheist/agnostics). we are exactly that, free to reason for ourselves and make our own conclusion.

It sadly seems you have been trying so hard to pass your own views on to other by force. As an engineer and an atheist, I've studied the second law of thermodynamics extensively. Sadly, a tramp can use that law to prove to you why you need to give him money. The ambiguity allows a lot of gullible minds to misuse it in anyway that suits them.

You quit being an atheist because others refuse to agree with you on a certain topic? How old are you again? have you heard of agree to disagree?

Sam Harris you like so much disagrees on some issues with Dawkins, so with late Hitchens and the list goes on. We all make conclusions with reasonable evidence and common sense available to us. Not because someone says it is so. Isn't that the whole idea of atheism?

So you run around bashing everyone that doesn't agree with you and even denounce atheism to assure yourself that you are in the right? Even the most hated atheist on this website Logicboy (lol) gets along with MrAnnoy IRL although they disagree on plenty fundamental issues.

Stop being a child and man up to reality mate.

My two cents

4 Likes

Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by MacDaddy01: 11:53am On Mar 20, 2013
Area boy has said ti all.

Ooman, get your sh!t together!
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by manmustwac(m): 2:06pm On Mar 20, 2013
Ooman are you just an attention seeker? And what's your next topic going to be called?
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by vedaxcool(m): 2:07pm On Mar 20, 2013
ooman:

Yep but not on nairaland. These fools who call themselves atheists are bugging me. I can't bear this foolishness any further on nairaland. Even the bible makes more sense than nairaland atheists.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by seyibrown(f): 2:23pm On Mar 20, 2013
ooman:
After dialogue with these eediots, i thought its high time i made a new stand on nairaland. I shall remain an atheist on other forums but on NL, i am now a nontheist. Nontheism according to wikipedia is a term that covers a range of both religious[1] and nonreligious[2] attitudes characterized by the absence or rejection of theism or any belief in a personal god or gods. It has become an umbrella term for summarizing various distinct and even mutually exclusive positions united by a naturalist approach.

Pls guys, whenever we get engaged in a debate, do not engage me as an atheist but as a nontheist. It is a shame to share identity with the fo.ols above.

You said you are no longer an Atheist on NL ... and that you should now be regarded/ engaged as a nontheist (aka Atheist grin ). Recently you also said you were no longer ooman but homosapiens but you are still ooman as I write! Wotzup with you, man? grin grin grin Why are you oshaka one minute, oshoko the next, and oshaka-oshoko the next? grin grin grin Which one you dey now?

1 Like

Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman(m): 3:26pm On Mar 20, 2013
Any fool can say anything about nature but for an eediot to say laws of nature are pseudoscience is alarming.
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by Nobody: 3:34pm On Mar 20, 2013
seyibrown:

You said you are no longer an Atheist on NL ... and that you should now be regarded/ engaged as a nontheist (aka Atheist grin ). Recently you also said you were no longer ooman but homosapiens but you are still ooman as I write! Wotzup with you, man? grin grin grin Why are you oshaka one minute, oshoko the next, and oshaka-oshoko the next? grin grin grin Which one you dey now?
smiley
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by MacDaddy01: 3:53pm On Mar 20, 2013
ooman: Any fool can say anything about nature but for an eediot to say laws of nature are pseudoscience is alarming.

Shut up and apologise to your seniors in the atheist council.

1 Like

Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by Nobody: 4:12pm On Mar 20, 2013
ooman: Any fool can say anything about nature but for an eediot to say laws of nature are pseudoscience is alarming.

Guy calm down a bit let's think this through...I have been waiting for you to calm your nerves but it seems it's taking like 'forever'.

May be this would help...

1) Don't take anything you read here too seriously.

2) Do not allow your emotions show...it gives your oponent the edge, especially when that oponent wants you to get upset.

3) If you get upset by whatever is posted, especially insults to your intelligence (this can hurt), prefer to stop, take a stroll or better still take a slow drive around and ensure you have gotten over it before coming back.

4) There is always the option of ignoring an argument if it will lead no where. No one would think any less of you (at least I won't).

5) Try not to take decisions when you are angry, you might make a 'costly' mistake.

I am sure you know all these but got to remind you all the same.

#I will be here when you feel like talking about it and trust me, I aint trying to patronize you. wink
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by MacDaddy01: 4:14pm On Mar 20, 2013
striktlymi:

Guy calm down a bit let's think this through...I have been waiting for you to calm your nerves but it seems it's taking like 'forever'.

May be this would help...

1) Don't take anything you read here too seriously.

2) Do not allow your emotions show...it gives your oponent the edge, especially when that oponent wants you to get upset.

3) If you get upset by whatever is posted, especially insults to your intelligence (this can hurt), prefer to stop, take a stroll or better still take a slow drive around and ensure you have gotten over it before coming back.

4) There is always the option of ignoring an argument if it will lead no where. No one would think any less of you (at least I won't).

5) Try not to take decisions when you are angry, you might make a 'costly' mistake.

I am sure you know all these but got to remind you all the same.

#I will be here when you feel like talking about it and trust me, I aint trying to patronize you. wink

I noticed that you didnt greet him....you usually greet! grin grin grin

Anyways, I think that you should continue counselling him.
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman(m): 4:23pm On Mar 20, 2013
Striky, do know that angry comments does not necessarilly mean angry feelings? It might be didactic!
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by Nobody: 4:23pm On Mar 20, 2013
MacDaddy01:

I noticed that you didnt greet him....you usually greet! grin grin grin

Anyways, I think that you should continue counselling him.

Gooooooooooood afternoon boss grin

Usually I greet but sometimes I make a conscious effort not to if I think it would be in the way...

I wouldn't want to call it counseling...it's more of a discussion between friends.
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by MacDaddy01: 4:24pm On Mar 20, 2013
ooman: Striky, do know that angry comments does not necessarilly mean angry feelings? It might be didactic!

Just shut up and listen to elders

Didactic my foot
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman(m): 4:26pm On Mar 20, 2013
MacDaddy01:

Just shut up and listen to elders

Didactic my foot

Am avoiding you, can u do the same?
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by Nobody: 4:26pm On Mar 20, 2013
ooman: Striky, do know that angry comments does not necessarilly mean angry feelings? It might be didactic!

Yeah, I know it's very possible to post angry comments but be laughing with ya gal at home...anyways, I just felt its high time we had a conversation about the angry posts.
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by Nobody: 4:30pm On Mar 20, 2013
Mac/ooman

Sometimes it takes one very 'good' quarrel to 'cement' a relationship...I guess that's what you guys are having now...
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by homosapiens: 4:32pm On Mar 20, 2013
striktlymi:

Yeah, I know it's very possible to post angry comments but be laughing with ya gal at home...anyways, I just felt its high time we had a conversation about the angry posts.

Perhaps the words are too harsh as Poopli pointed but how can someone say 2nd law is irrelevant to life and is a pseudoscience when according to evolutionary theory, life started because this law was in play. that is never forgivable unless he abjure.
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by Alfamann: 4:49pm On Mar 20, 2013
homosapiens:

Perhaps the words are too harsh as Poopli pointed but how can someone say 2nd law is irrelevant to life and is a pseudoscience when according to evolutionary theory, life started because this law was in play. that is never forgivable unless he abjure.

confused fellow arguing evolution to a christian and expecting him to agree with him.
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman(m): 4:51pm On Mar 20, 2013
Alfamann:

confused fellow arguing evolution to a christian and expecting him to agree with him.

Blah blah blah. Did you say something?
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by Kslib(m): 5:05pm On Mar 20, 2013
*following**
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 20, 2013
ooman:

Dont be dumb. Evolution does not matter now.

Few years ago scientist claimed there were only 7 planets while the bible claimed only the earth exists....

Science keeps expanding. At the moment scientist only have 5% knowledge of the universe itself. This is because we are still a type 0 civilization. We still feed on dead plants and animals.

We know it is possible for humans to live without food...therefore feed on energy.

Talking about the different types of civilizations;

A Type I civilization would be able to manipulate truly planetary energies. They might, for example, control or modify their weather. They would have the power to manipulate planetary phenomena, such as hurricanes, which can release the energy of hundreds of hydrogen bombs. Perhaps volcanoes or even earthquakes may be altered by such a civilization.

A Type II civilization may resemble the Federation of Planets seen on the TV program Star Trek (which is capable of igniting stars and has colonized a tiny fraction of the near-by stars in the galaxy). A Type II civilization might be able to manipulate the power of solar flares.

A Type III civilization may resemble the Borg, or perhaps the Empire found in the Star Wars saga. They have colonized the galaxy itself, extracting energy from hundreds of billions of stars.

By contrast, we are a Type 0 civilization, which extracts its energy from dead plants (oil and coal). Growing at the average rate of about 3% per year, however, one may calculate that our own civilization may attain Type I status in about 100-200 years, Type II status in a few thousand years, and Type III status in about 100,000 to a million years. These time scales are insignificant when compared with the universe itself.

Evolution does matter, we just dont know much yet.
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by Nobody: 5:09pm On Mar 20, 2013
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman(m): 5:15pm On Mar 20, 2013
ifeness:

Few years ago scientist claimed there were only 7 planets while the bible claimed only the earth exists....

Science keeps expanding. At the moment scientist only have 5% knowledge of the universe itself. This is because we are still a type 0 civilization. We still feed on dead plants and animals.

We know it is possible for humans to live without food...therefore feed on energy.

Talking about the different types of civilizations;

A Type I civilization would be able to manipulate truly planetary energies. They might, for example, control or modify their weather. They would have the power to manipulate planetary phenomena, such as hurricanes, which can release the energy of hundreds of hydrogen bombs. Perhaps volcanoes or even earthquakes may be altered by such a civilization.

A Type II civilization may resemble the Federation of Planets seen on the TV program Star Trek (which is capable of igniting stars and has colonized a tiny fraction of the near-by stars in the galaxy). A Type II civilization might be able to manipulate the power of solar flares.

A Type III civilization may resemble the Borg, or perhaps the Empire found in the Star Wars saga. They have colonized the galaxy itself, extracting energy from hundreds of billions of stars.

By contrast, we are a Type 0 civilization, which extracts its energy from dead plants (oil and coal). Growing at the average rate of about 3% per year, however, one may calculate that our own civilization may attain Type I status in about 100-200 years, Type II status in a few thousand years, and Type III status in about 100,000 to a million years. These time scales are insignificant when compared with the universe itself.

Evolution does matter, we just dont know much yet.

I know you will misinterprete it, that is why I edited it. I meant it doesn't matter in discussion with striktlymi!
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by Nobody: 6:20pm On Mar 20, 2013
homosapiens:

Sorry but I will interact with ooman only!

Thanks!
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman(m): 6:24pm On Mar 20, 2013
striktlymi:

Sorry but I will interact with ooman only!

Thanks!

Na wa for ooman!!

Perhaps the words are too harsh as
Poopli pointed but how can someone
say 2nd law is irrelevant to life and is a
pseudoscience when according to
evolutionary theory, life started because
this law was in play. that is never
forgivable unless he abjure.

Happy now?
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by Nobody: 6:29pm On Mar 20, 2013
ooman:

Na wa for ooman!!

Perhaps the words are too harsh as
Poopli pointed but how can someone
say 2nd law is irrelevant to life and is a
pseudoscience when according to
evolutionary theory, life started because
this law was in play. that is never
forgivable unless he abjure.

Happy now?

Yes, I am!

Sorry I had to leave to get somethings done!

I tried to review some of the things you guys were arguing about and from my view point, I believe it was just a big misunderstanding because you guys refused to take some time out to understand where the other person is coming from.

You guys were more concerned on the use of words and allowed that to cloud your better judgement...
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman(m): 6:39pm On Mar 20, 2013
^^^what he believes, his problem. His opinion, his right. I dont care about.

His calling the law and its application a pseudoscience is what I contended and was justified.

Did you notice how his dumb pals neglected the OP?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Without The Law There's No Foundation Of Rightness Or Wrong / Dealing With Lucifarian Night Farmers By Dr. Olukoya - Written Sermon / The Modern Church Of Satan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.