Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,469 members, 7,823,092 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong (10891 Views)

What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) / Which of These Punishments Did You Serve As A Kid? (Photo) / Did This Happen In Your Family While Growing Up? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by chocome: 8:30pm On Mar 22, 2013
I remember the day my dad ask me and my cousin to pick pin in his room while he lay on his bed we both were there for more than two hours, we started crying not knowing my dad have slept off it was my elder brother who heard our voices and came seeing that my dad has slept off unknowning to us ask us to get up and to take our bath seeing us sweating like xmas goat. I will never forget that day shall!
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by Nobody: 8:37pm On Mar 22, 2013
dvdon: Sucked her jugs n fvcked my housemaid. That was ma punishment from ma housemaid those days. Bad xperience from her n not to mention I will cry n prefare beating to dat. Theeeeen ooo *until mumsy found out*

OMG u were abused,seriously I think u need a counselling,oh u poor thing,am crying rite now,may dat housemaid never see peace in life.
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by huninaija(f): 8:37pm On Mar 22, 2013
The one me and my siblings termed "hail satan" in fact my parents were very creative with punishments! grin

Giraffe neck and long jump.. Thank God those days are over! cry
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by Onyiido: 8:39pm On Mar 22, 2013
I remembad way bak in my sec school days wen d seniors used 2 tell us 2 cut grass in d sun, after dat dey'll draw a car on d board & tell u 2 push it. Failin 2 do so, u'll receive d koboko beatin of ur life. Kai no be small thing ooo
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by Nobody: 8:45pm On Mar 22, 2013
temhab: DRIVE AEROPLANE you will lie down on d floor n raise your hands n legs. AWWW it's painful embarassed

I once had that but refused to do it,I was a very difficult child when I want to be,I've been given that,touch ur toe,jump like a frog and many more,but never done any of them,I always rather run away than doing them.until I was gave away,poor me.
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by Adekdammy: 8:50pm On Mar 22, 2013
hornipipe: isn't this some kind of magic, it doesn't look like the sit in the air I know grin
yorubas call it ijoko idera, its like sitting on an imaginary chair.
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by Adekdammy: 8:55pm On Mar 22, 2013
basically at home its kneeling down and words which is more painful dan cain while at school(cdssikeja) once u are late, u double and move straight to d field where u kneel down without anybody telling u, if we are lucky rsm and d soldiers will beat us but if not, na to cut grass and u must to get blisters cos na blunt cutlass we dey use, but 2day its history.
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by Peeclems: 9:00pm On Mar 22, 2013
In my case it was nt really funny that day. The cover of a drum tank was drop under sun for hours which i later knelt on it for a whole day.
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by raqueal(f): 9:02pm On Mar 22, 2013
I used to stand by the little confined space between the tv stand and the wall and my darling father would tell me to repeat certain sentences calmly in a steady and clear voice as many times as he wanted e.g repeat "yes, I am a rude girl but I promise never to be rude to my mum again" 100 times or "Dear God, please teach me how to show love and patience in jesus name" 200 times. I was quite stubborn and disrespectful so It was an humiliating punishment, I used to break down in tears mid way and beg for forgiveness. The fear of it cured the stubbornness in me.

1 Like

Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by Freeopod(m): 9:19pm On Mar 22, 2013
My punishment is to fetch water frm d well to the closet!
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by Momodulovelyne(f): 9:29pm On Mar 22, 2013
Abeg I b jjc for nairaland,someone should put me thru.tanx
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by Confusion: 9:32pm On Mar 22, 2013
I so hated the 2am talk, when d sleep is very sweet that is when my mum will want to talk about all ur crime after beating u during d day, I later devise a strategy. When I ve done something wrong that nite I will go n sleep behind a Sofa that is close to d wall, everyone plus my dad will deny my whereabout, until my little brother gave me up. The beating I got has no part 2
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by fredie107(m): 9:35pm On Mar 22, 2013
Table Leg :

How is it possible to seat in the air?!
Did they give you some charms to make that happen or what?!

The normal way you sit, but dis tym no seat pan. your legs r d only support u have. wicked punishment
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by fredie107(m): 9:38pm On Mar 22, 2013
Mine waz kneeling down and carrying a stone at same time! and d punishment is done in sitting room when my favorite tv program is on, i will kneel down backing the tele, e no easy oooo.
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by Bootylicious(f): 9:42pm On Mar 22, 2013
I was never punished by my parents but in high school i remember the principal asking us to go kneel under the sun at the slightest of provocation.
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by robonski15(m): 9:55pm On Mar 22, 2013
I remember picking pin and ride okada.. And after that the flogging no be small.. Sometimes when I have done wrong and sneaked to bed my mum will just pretend as if nothing hapened.. But around 12 midnite ur own don finish with correct water cain..
Also my secondary school(Igbobi college yaba) was sometin else oo.. U will lie down and face the sun till closing time all ur face go red ehn.. How time flies
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by Atonto: 9:56pm On Mar 22, 2013
Traffic Warder punishment. You stand on a spot, spread your arms out to control the traffic while you keep rotating at that same spot as if you are controlling traffic at a 4 way junction. with one hand, you pass the traffic in one direction for a while while keeping the other hand straight in a stop position to the other direction. you keep doing this and keep changing direction after few minutes non stop. Meeehhnn, i bet you, it pain more than koboko.
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by kennyfao(m): 10:10pm On Mar 22, 2013
Mine was called soole whereby u use ur elbow to kneel donw. It was reaLly painful. I can forget ma mom for that
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by Nobody: 10:33pm On Mar 22, 2013
Adekdammy:
yorubas call it ijoko idera, its like sitting on an imaginary chair.
LoL, yeah I know but I was referring to the video modella posted, that's magic.
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by mkoabiola: 10:55pm On Mar 22, 2013
Ride okada.
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by Nicepoker(m): 11:45pm On Mar 22, 2013
Normal trashing from dad and mum. Whenever that happens my friends do cum around to laugh. That pains me most.
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by IzyLuv(f): 12:23am On Mar 23, 2013
D.A.V.E:
as 4 me d numba of punishment i served are so much i can write a novel with d list

jst 2 name a few though

at home twas; kneel down for long, ma.d a.ss floggin frm mum and dad, gettin locked in d children's room for long hourz(datz y am kinda an indoor pesin today)... Etc

in sec sch(navy sec sch ph) twas; kneeling on the b-ball court, pick pin, frog jump, dig ur head, sit in d air, crawlin, cleanin up d environ, no food, floggin, layin in d gutter, rollin on the ground, hangin on d locker, layin under d bunk, late nite punishments, ride okada, gettin electricuted(esp by senior franco), rest ur heads, gettin locked up in d locker, fetching water,washing of cloths.... Etc etc jst d few i can remember

electrocuted ni Kai..
My cousin went to that school, now how i know y he's so hardened and skinny..

Myn was- pick pin, kneel down+close ur eyes+open ur mouth or being sent to bed early(m a nyt crawler, so dat hurts)... Den occasional slaps frm mum..
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by NOIBMUUL(m): 12:32am On Mar 23, 2013
Went to a military school where punishment was like a culture for us;
1. frog jump,
2. pick pin,
3. agama,
4. plant your pots,
5. sitting on the air,
6. parabola,
7. dig your height,
8. rolling on the ground (after being bathed with buckets of water),
9. doubling (running) around the parade ground like 15-20 rounds,
10. cutting grass
11. felling of trees
12. spending the night in CB4 (cell)
13. digging a new gutter
Etc

Will update as I remember!
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by Donweezy20: 6:12am On Mar 23, 2013
For me it was pick pin,frog jump,motor cycle and flogging with copper wire...i was a very sturbborn kid then...
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by young9ja(m): 6:17am On Mar 23, 2013
ItsModella:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQNHnXkayW4

grin grin grin grin grin
I luv ma mumy hmm that woman if she flog u u ll hate flog god that woman del wit me and ma brother
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by harlos: 7:40am On Mar 23, 2013
Kneel down nd raise ma hands nd sometimes i carry stood until i sweat and ma body is wet...
Mehn i suffer punishment well o shocked
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by Nobody: 9:10am On Mar 23, 2013
Cheiii am late but will not fall to comment mine was pick pin nothing pain reach this punisment.
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by Nobody: 10:25am On Mar 23, 2013
I don't fink anybody here picked pins dan i did...i picked d hell of imaginary pins..bt thnk God 4 2day sha
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 23, 2013
kneel down hands up
pick pin
general beating grin
in my secondary school - we got beaten by those plastic hangers
frog jumping
cutting the grass on the sports field even though there barely any grass to cut undecided
cleaning seniors toilet, cleaning seniors dormitories and fetching their useless water - i died that day
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by Nobody: 10:56am On Mar 23, 2013
In the mid 90',back In primary sch, I swept the streets and roads along side my friend for playing the 'after round one' game during school hours. It was more like me being a lawma worker back then.
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by Nobody: 11:00am On Mar 23, 2013
In the mid 90',back In primary sch, I swept the streets and roads along side my friend for playing the 'after round one' game during school hours. It was more like me being a lawma worker back then.$

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If una no gree gimme money, contract and connections nko? / As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid / How Does It Happen In Your Home, Is Your Marriage This Messed Up?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.