Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,876 members, 7,851,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:50 AM

In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? - Religion (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? (65055 Views)

Photos: Nigerian Man Spotted Praying On His Knees In An Airplane / Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by bukatyne(f): 2:46pm On Jul 17, 2013
Syncan:

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Who breastfed that mighty God? You may insult her all you want, I guess its your way of calling her blessed.

Do you understand the bolded?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by italo: 2:52pm On Jul 17, 2013
bukatyne:

Do you understand the bolded?

Why dont you answer the question and stop looking for a detour.

Who breastfed that "mighty God?"

You?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by mko2005: 2:56pm On Jul 17, 2013
I think this issue is long over flogged ! The Roman Catholics know all that every one has been saying.But we all know that it is hard to let go of an ancient practice that you are well known with !This is where we need the holy spirit
to do the needful in our lives,convicting/convincing us !
Humanly speaking,all that contradict's the word of God should be dropped for the WORD,instead of saying that the bible is incomplete,there is no truth in it,it was written by men and the likes ! All we have got as Christians is the BIBLE via which we received the promise regarding the holly spirit and nothing more.Every other material including traditions/doctrines of men should be hinged on the word of God(bible)which if contradictory should be rendered invalid! The holy spirit convinced/convicted most of us here today and we left the age long contradictory practices/beliefs of the Roman Church for where we are today.So,we should also pray for our brothers and sisters who are still entangled in the strong hold of the Roman Catholic doctrines to be let loose in Jesus name... And not call them all sort of names. Do you know that there is no perfect church ?The church of God is matching towards perfection.Even the protestant churches most of which have left the faith(word of God)for the doctrines of men ! Same thing they accused the Roman Catholic church of doing.Do you know that some Roman Catholic church members will still make Heaven !Those who have a relationship with Jesus and believes in the undiluted word of God and not the doctrines and age long traditions of the RCC !
Do you know that some protestant/Pentecostal church members will still go to hell ! -Those who do not have a relationship with Christ !
We have two problems here :
:Foundational problem-Believing in the Church as against the word of God(Roman Catholics)
2.Personal problem-Personal decision to disobey God not becos of What the church believes(protestants/Pentecostal)
The solution to the above two problems is having a one on one experience with Christ via the word of God as stated in the Holy bible !

May God help every one of us
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by bukatyne(f): 2:58pm On Jul 17, 2013
italo:

You?

Is Mary not the mother of 'God'?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 17, 2013
italo:

You?

So the God who created breasts is now being fed physically by His creation? Wow. Perhaps when your wife delivers a baby her baby will turn around and breast feed your wife and not the other way round. God is the potter and Mary is the clay. The Clay cannot dictate to the potter.

A carnal mind can never understand the things of the spirit thats why you catholics take the bible as a mere literature but but forgetting what is written in the same word of God

2 Corinthians 3:4-6

4 And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:

5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Because you are simply following the letter without the life of the Holy Spirit you are dead already and do not even know it
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 17, 2013
italo:

Matt 14:33 Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.”

Matt 16:16:Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”

Explain the word "are" to us, the way you explained "shall."

Does it also talk about a future occurence...or the present?

Peter when He called Jesus the Christ spoke via revelation. Because immediately after he said that Jesus made it known to Him that it was God that revealed to Peter His true spiritual identity. Peter spoke of what he saw in the spirit but standing right before him was Jesus in the flesh. Everyone else saw Jesus in the flesh but for a moment Peter saw what others could not.

The same Jesus in the flesh was the same Jesus that Mary gave birth to. How would Christ have been the perfect Sacrifice if he did not in all totality represent Man? The Same man who has been Judged for his sins. God needed to exact judgment on a man and Jesus came in the flesh to take upon himself that Judgement. And the word was made flesh and dwelt amongst us.

What I just wrote above needs a spiritual mind to understand it, if you dont please do not blame me rather ask God for the Holy spirit and He will give the Holy Spirit to you.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 17, 2013
No more naijan artists in my ears , no more Nollywood in the street , our brothers decided to wake up and start doing their own thing for our enjoyment . this is what I love with Cameroonian . let's do it Bamenda , kumba boys. do your things .

Nl, lemme introduce Magasco. hope u guys will like it . wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mprULUkKTZ0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rVNKxk85ds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syPtsh-r60g

he's the next big thing watch out
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by mko2005: 3:14pm On Jul 17, 2013
italo:

You?
Jesus was the son of Mary-Remember 'HE came in the likeness of man'-No wonder the assertion that he was 100% man! This made Mary the mother of Jesus !
Jesus is the son of God-Most Christians do not have a problem with this cos there are numerous scriptures to back it up ! But He was also 100 % spirit.This made HIM the son of God here and not of Mary.Mary can not bre.as't feed a spirit !
See below words of our lord Jesus Christ while HE was handling spiritual matters as the son of God and not son of Mary :
''While He was still talking to the multitudes, behold, His mother and brothers stood outside, seeking to speak with Him. Then one said to Him, “Look, Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside, seeking to speak with You.”
But He answered and said to the one who told Him, “Who is My mother and who are My brothers?”And He stretched out His hand toward His disciples and said, “Here are My mother and My brothers!For whoever does the will of My Father in heaven is My brother and sister and mother.”

God help us
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Kaycee7(m): 3:30pm On Jul 17, 2013
m.k.o2005:

Jesus was the son of Mary-Remember 'HE came in the likeness of man'-No wonder the assertion that he was 100% man! This made Mary the mother of Jesus !
Jesus is the son of God-Most Christians do not have a problem with this cos there are numerous scriptures to back it up ! But He was also 100 % spirit.This made HIM the son of God here and not of Mary.Mary can not bre.as't feed a spirit !
See below words of our lord Jesus Christ while HE was handling spiritual matters as the son of God and not son of Mary :
''While He was still talking to the multitudes, behold, His mother and brothers stood outside, seeking to speak with Him. Then one said to Him, “Look, Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside, seeking to speak with You.”
But He answered and said to the one who told Him, “Who is My mother and who are My brothers?”And He stretched out His hand toward His disciples and said, “Here are My mother and My brothers!For whoever does the will of My Father in heaven is My brother and sister and mother.”

God help us
Did you say you're catholic?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Kaycee7(m): 3:33pm On Jul 17, 2013
naijadeyhia:

So the God who created breasts is now being fed physically by His creation? Wow. Perhaps when your wife delivers a baby her baby will turn around and breast feed your wife and not the other way round. God is the potter and Mary is the clay. The Clay cannot dictate to the potter.

A carnal mind can never understand the things of the spirit thats why you catholics take the bible as a mere literature but but forgetting what is written in the same word of God

5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Because you are simply following the letter without the life of the Holy Spirit you are dead already and do not even know it
Are you implying Mary didn't breastfeed Jesus?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Kaycee7(m): 3:35pm On Jul 17, 2013
bukatyne:

I should actually tell you that.

Imagine yourself, Mary the mother of God! So your God has a mother? And He created man (male and female) in His image? Bia, where was Mary during the creation? Breatfeeding Jesus abi?

You guys are impossible.
So who is Mary?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by mko2005: 3:39pm On Jul 17, 2013
Kaycee7: Did you say you're catholic?
What matters is bein a child of God !

God help us
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by mko2005: 3:40pm On Jul 17, 2013
Kaycee7: So who is Mary?
Mother of Jesus !

God help us
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by mko2005: 3:41pm On Jul 17, 2013
Kaycee7: Are you implying Mary didn't breastfeed Jesus?
Mary the mother of Jesus bre.astfed Jesus and not God !

God help us
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by StOla: 3:41pm On Jul 17, 2013
bukatyne:

Emm, you don't believe the words of Paul in the Bible but you believe the words of the person who calls Mary and co saints?

Paul could lie? You mean there might be lies in the BIBLE?

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed cry

Joshua was noted to have prayed during battle that the sun should stand still, it was recorded the sun then stood still. The old testament also defines the earth as firmly established and cannot be moved,and because this is in the no lie possible book called bible, the church persecuted Galileo and made him recant his support of the scientific concept of heliocentrism (the stationary sun is center of the universe with all other moving bodies including earth revolving round it) advanced by Copernicus.

You, like the Church in the Galileo case attach a perfection that doesn't exist to the bible. Bible scholars know it is a book containing as many inconsistencies as there are truths, nothing to be surprised about, as it never descended from heaven. Rather it contains prophesies and revelations, God given instructions, documentation of events, chronicles of event whose accuracy isn't more perfect than the men who authored them, and lastly the personal viewpoints of men as permitted by their own understanding of both the law and the gospel.

To make the bible any more divine than it is would usually result to you taking the opinions and arguments of Paul or any others' as word of God not to be debated. From your logic, any word uttered in the bible must have received the seal of heaven?

Paul was man and salvation come not by his blood, and so him addressing the faithful as saints does not make them. No Saint on earth until the journey is completed and one is counted among the living by him who gives eternal life.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 17, 2013
Kaycee7: Are you implying Mary didn't breastfeed Jesus?

She breastfed Jesus the man and not Jesus the son of God. Spiritually He was God but physically He was man. Mary only dealt with Jesus as a Man and from the realm of the flesh. She didnt even have any idea about the fullness of the ministry of Christ nor what He had to do in order to save humanity. She was simply a follower of Jesus the Christ just like everyone else.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 17, 2013
St.Ola:

Joshua was noted to have prayed during battle that the sun should stand still, it was recorded the sun then stood still. The old testament also defines the earth as firmly established and cannot be moved,and because this is in the no lie possible book called bible, the church persecuted Galileo and made him recant his support of the scientific concept of heliocentrism (the stationary sun is center of the universe with all other moving bodies including earth revolving round it) advanced by Copernicus.

You, like the Church in the Galileo case attach a perfection that doesn't exist to the bible. Bible scholars know it is a book containing as many inconsistencies as there are truths, nothing to be surprised about, as it never descended from heaven. Rather it contains prophesies and revelations, God given instructions, documentation of events, chronicles of event whose accuracy isn't more perfect than the men who authored them, and lastly the personal viewpoints of men as permitted by their own understanding of both the law and the gospel.

To make the bible any more divine than it is would usually result to you taking the opinions and arguments of Paul or any others' as word of God not to be debated. From your logic, any word uttered in the bible must have received the seal of heaven?

Paul was man and salvation come not by his blood, and so him addressing the faithful as saints does not make them. No Saint on earth until the journey is completed and one is counted among the living by him who gives eternal life.

Anyone who responds to you from this point on after what you just posted above is definitely not wise because your post above clearly shows who you are and where you already are. So the word of God which is God himself isnt perfect? But your catholic bible scholars are? Your Pope is? Perhaps your Pope and Bible scholars are so perfect that none of them died they just remained the same as the years went by or perhaps they are so perfect because they created their own brains and attached perfection to it or perhaps they are so perfect that they are now the Holy spirit, Jesus and God all rolled into one. But wait a minute I guess if they were perfect then the catholic church wouldnt be having its 265th Pope today because you would have still had 1 and the current Pope would be your St. Peter and the catholic scholars would be the Jesuit priests of today.

Re-probation
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by mko2005: 4:00pm On Jul 17, 2013
Some times i laugh when people talk about the imperfection of the holy bible and error prone Paul becos he is human BUT believe firmly in the infallibility of the pope !
Pls let us leave this Catholicism talk alone until the holy spirit finihes HIS work on the members of the church !

God help us
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 17, 2013
St.Ola:

Do you realise you just killed your own argument? The bible isnt divine right? it isnt perfect right? It is full or errors right? But in the same bible is what you catholics are holding on to as truth when it talks abaout Mary. The same imperfect, non divine, error filled bible.

So if the bible is as you say it is then where did your catholic scholars and the papacy get all they have been feeding you and forcing you to believe?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 17, 2013
u guys are strong oooo .damn
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 17, 2013
naijadeyhia:

Did i say i was a hater? If salvation came to me through Mary then I wonder what Jesus Came to do. My friend, blasphemy is a sin against the Holy Spirit. Be careful!
is that the only thing you can pick out from my comments. i thought you would have something long and convincing to say smiley . meanwhile, i meant she aided the process by which salvation was restored to us. i am not blaspeming am only warning you to becareful wit the words you use when you talk about mary. shes not ordinary woman. shes blessed amongts every other women. shes full of grace. its not compulsary you must do the same as we catholics do. it is our choice to seek intercession from her. very simple
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by bukatyne(f): 4:38pm On Jul 17, 2013
St.Ola:

St. Ola, we really have nothing to discuss anymore since you don't believe that Bible is perfect.

Good Day
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by StOla: 4:49pm On Jul 17, 2013
naijadeyhia:

Anyone who responds to you from this point on after what you just posted above is definitely not wise because your post above clearly shows who you are and where you already are. So the word of God which is God himself isnt perfect? But your catholic bible scholars are? Your Pope is? Perhaps your Pope and Bible scholars are so perfect that none of them died they just remained the same as the years went by or perhaps they are so perfect because they created their own brains and attached perfection to it or perhaps they are so perfect that they are now the Holy spirit, Jesus and God all rolled into one. But wait a minute I guess if they were perfect then the catholic church wouldnt be having its 265th Pope today because you would have still had 1 and the current Pope would be your St. Peter and the catholic scholars would be the Jesuit priests of today.

Re-probation

I am not at all surprised by your emotional and "how dare he" response to my post. I consider myself objective and scholarly, and seldom let my emotions becloud my assessment of any matter.

You and I played no part in the writings that became scripture. That you argue the bible is a perfect book only confirms your implied position that the bible is entirely divine and from the printing press in heaven, markedly different from my historical factual position concerning its composition and compilation.

Till today, bible scholars(Jews, Christians and academics), linguists and archaeologists around the world, venture into the unlit world of the origins of certain bible books and its authorship.

Such research is what places the gospel of Mark above Matthew on the matter of which was written 1st, it is such which concludes that the book Hebrews could not have been authored by Paul, and research even suggest certain events chronicled could not have occurred in the succession recorded in the bible when compared to records of the reign of associated kings and other characters as available in other written records.

From your perspective the records of the bible is right because it was written by angels and handed to man, while the associated secular records of world events are false having be written by man?

I suppose the Jewish records of the succession troubles in the house of David is the word of God, same for the travelling misfortunes of the Apostle Paul? I suppose the Acts of the Apostles is no longer the records of a doctor named Luke, it was a revelation to him?

Do you even know the difference between commandment, revelation, documentation and chronology of events, and the the many statements uttered by multitudes of characters both the old and new testament? Is every word uttered in the bible from God?

Your religious fundamentalism needs a cure.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by StOla: 4:53pm On Jul 17, 2013
bukatyne:

St. Ola, we really have nothing to discuss anymore since you don't believe that Bible is perfect.

Good Day

No product of man is perfect, no record of man is accurate.

I have no time for religious fundamentalists either.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by chuqudy(m): 5:06pm On Jul 17, 2013
Some think that the blessed virgin Mary is a member of Roman Catholic Church or Othodox Church. Whenever protestants want to ridicule and insult the Catholic faith, they start by degrading Mary and robbing her the honour given only to her by God Himsef when He sent Arch angel Gabriel to her saying "HAIL MARY FULL OF GRACE, THE LORD IS WITH YOU" Elizabeth continued from where the Angel stopped and said to Mary, "Blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus." The word "blessed" is a word of praise. You can mistaken it with worship given to God. Notice that the word "blessed" was used for mary and for Jesus. A protestant can equally say, Elizabeth was worshiping mary. For more than 1500 years, mary has been prayed to, honored and venerated. Even the first protestants like Lutherians, Anglicans etc maintained the honour and veneration of the blessed Virgin Mary while they stopped praying to her. This song was sang in the early protestant churches.

Ye watchers and ye holy ones,
Bright seraphs, cherubim and thrones,
Raise the glad strain, Alleluia!
Cry out, dominions, princedoms, powers,
Virtues, archangels, angels’ choirs:
Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!

O higher than the cherubim,
More glorious than the seraphim,
Lead their praises, Alleluia!
Thou bearer of th’eternal Word,
Most gracious, magnify the Lord.

Respond, ye souls in endless rest,
Ye patriarchs and prophets blest,
Alleluia! Alleluia!
Ye holy twelve, ye martyrs strong,
All saints triumphant, raise the song.

O friends, in gladness let us sing,
Supernal anthems echoing,
Alleluia! Alleluia!
To God the Father, God the Son,
And God the Spirit, Three in One.

In this song, the early protestants recognized the Virgin as more glorious and higher than the cherubim and ceraphim. I pity the new generation of protestants. Many of you protestants are living a good life but what will send you to hell is your insults to the Mother of God and probably your false accusations against the one and Holy Catholic church. The only church that has survived for more than 2000 years now and with more than 1.2 billion powerful believers.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 17, 2013
chuqudy: Some think that the blessed virgin Mary is a member of Roman Catholic Church or Othodox Church. Whenever protestants want to ridicule and insult the Catholic faith, they start by degrading Mary and robbing from her the honour given only to her by God Himsef when He sent Arch angel Gabriel to her saying "HAIL MARY FULL OF GRACE, THE LORD IS WITH YOU" Elizabeth continued from where the Angel stopped and said to Mary, "Blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus." The word "blessed" is a word of praise. You can mistaken it with worship given to God. Notice that the word "blessed" was used for mary and for Jesus. A protestant can equally say, Elizabeth was worshiping mary. For more than 1500 years, mary has been prayed to, honored and venerated. Even the first protestants like Lutherians, Anglicans etc maintained the honour and veneration of the blessed Virgin Mary while they stopped praying to her. This song was sang in the early protestant churches.

Ye watchers and ye holy ones,
Bright seraphs, cherubim and thrones,
Raise the glad strain, Alleluia!
Cry out, dominions, princedoms, powers,
Virtues, archangels, angels’ choirs:

O higher than the cherubim,
More glorious than the seraphim,
Lead their praises, Alleluia!
Thou bearer of th’eternal Word,
Most gracious, magnify the Lord.

Respond, ye souls in endless rest,
Ye patriarchs and prophets blest,
Alleluia! Alleluia!
Ye holy twelve, ye martyrs strong,
All saints triumphant, raise the song.

O friends, in gladness let us sing,
Supernal anthems echoing,
Alleluia! Alleluia!
To God the Father, God the Son,
And God the Spirit, Three in One.

In this song, the early protestants recognized the Virgin as more glorious and higher than the cherubim and ceraphim. I pity the new generation of protestants. Many of you protestants are living a good life but what will send you to hell is your insults to the Mother of God and probably your false accusations against the one and Holy Catholic church. The only church that has survived for more than 2000 years now and with more than 1.2 billion powerful believers.

[b]
FYI i am not a protestant but a child of the one and only living God who sent His only begotten son Jesus to die for the likes of you, me and your immaculately concepted Mary... oh before i forget, Jesus also died for the Pope and for Peter. But alas he did not stay dead but rose again so that I can be forgiven and justified by his shed blood on the cross. And as many as received HIM to them gave he power to become the sons of GOD even unto them that believe in HIS name.

Now that I have received Christ and Believe in HIS finished work for me, HE has given me HIS HOLY SPIRIT to be a seal upon me unto the day of my LORD. This HOLY SPIRIT glorifies GOD in me, TEACHES and LEADS me into all truth, TAKES OF GOD and reveals to me, IS SHOWING me things that are yet to come, and now I am seated with CHRIST far above principalities and powers, above spiritual powers in high places because JESUS CHRIST declares that ALL POWER (AUTHORITY) IN HEAVEN AND ON EARTH HAS BEEN GIVEN UNTO HIM and He has sent me into my world with the same authority and power given to him by His father. I AM NOW A JOINT HEIR WHILE HERE ON EARTH BECAUSE HE TOLD ME THAT I AM IN THE WORLD BUT NOT OF THE WORLD. Physically i live here but Spiritually I belong to another kingdom. THE KINGDOM OF THE HEAD OF THE CHURCH, THE REDEEMER OF ISRAEL, THE ONE WHO WAS AND WHO IS AND WHO IS TO COME. ALLELUIA!
[/b]

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 17, 2013
St.Ola:

I am not at all surprised by your emotional and "how dare he" response to my post. I consider myself objective and scholarly, and seldom let my emotions becloud my assessment of any matter.

You and I played no part in the writings that became scripture. That you argue the bible is a perfect book only confirms your implied position that the bible is entirely divine and from the printing press in heaven, markedly different from my historical factual position concerning its composition and compilation.

Till today, bible scholars(Jews, Christians and academics), linguists and archaeologists around the world, venture into the unlit world of the origins of certain bible books and its authorship.

Such research is what places the gospel of Mark above Matthew on the matter of which was written 1st, it is such which concludes that the book Hebrews could not have been authored by Paul, and research even suggest certain events chronicled could not have occurred in the succession recorded in the bible when compared to records of the reign of associated kings and other characters as available in other written records.

From your perspective the records of the bible is right because it was written by angels and handed to man, while the associated secular records of world events are false having be written by man?

I suppose the Jewish records of the succession troubles in the house of David is the word of God, same for the travelling misfortunes of the Apostle Paul? I suppose the Acts of the Apostles is no longer the records of a doctor named Luke, it was a revelation to him?

Do you even know the difference between commandment, revelation, documentation and chronology of events, and the the many statements uttered by multitudes of characters both the old and new testament? Is every word uttered in the bible from God?

Your religious fundamentalism needs a cure.

Remain with your religious fundamentalism and I will keep walking in the light which i know I am because Jesus declared unto me that I am the light of the world and the salt of the earth. By the way, catholics still mis represented that scripture by actually lighting candles or electronic lights on some altar in a corner of their homes because that is what the catholic church has told them is what was meant by that scripture

Matthew 5:14-16
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

I guess the canndles and electronic lights have the ability to go about doing good as the bible states that men may see our good works and glorify our father which is in Heaven. My FATHER IS IN HEAVEN and not in ROME. Thank God for the LORDS PRAYER!
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Kaycee7(m): 5:31pm On Jul 17, 2013
naijadeyhia:

She breastfed Jesus the man and not Jesus the son of God. Spiritually He was God but physically He was man. Mary only dealt with Jesus as a Man and from the realm of the flesh. She didnt even have any idea about the fullness of the ministry of Christ nor what He had to do in order to save humanity. She was simply a follower of Jesus the Christ just like everyone else.
m.k.o2005:

Mary the mother of Jesus bre.astfed Jesus and not God !
Let me get you both. There was a Jesus on earth and there was another Jesus in heaven, right?

God help us[/quote]
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by chuqudy(m): 5:46pm On Jul 17, 2013
naijadeyhia:

[b]
FYI i am not a protestant but a child of the one and only living God who sent His only begotten son Jesus to die for the likes of you, me and your immaculately concepted Mary... oh before i forget, Jesus also died for the Pope and for Peter. But alas he did not stay dead but rose again so that I can be forgiven and justified by his shed blood on the cross. And as many as received HIM to them gave he power to become the sons of GOD even unto them that believe in HIS name.

Now that I have received Christ and Believe in HIS finished work for me, HE has given me HIS HOLY SPIRIT to be a seal upon me unto the day of my LORD. This HOLY SPIRIT glorifies GOD in me, TEACHES and LEADS me into all truth, TAKES OF GOD and reveals to me, IS SHOWING me things that are yet to come, and now I am seated with CHRIST far above principalities and powers, above spiritual powers in high places because JESUS CHRIST declares that ALL POWER (AUTHORITY) IN HEAVEN AND ON EARTH HAS BEEN GIVEN UNTO HIM and He has sent me into my world with the same authority and power given to him by His father. I AM NOW A JOINT HEIR WHILE HERE ON EARTH BECAUSE HE TOLD ME THAT I AM IN THE WORLD BUT NOT OF THE WORLD. Physically i live here but Spiritually I belong to another kingdom. THE KINGDOM OF THE HEAD OF THE CHURCH, THE REDEEMER OF ISRAEL, THE ONE WHO WAS AND WHO IS AND WHO IS TO COME. ALLELUIA!
[/b]

You are like saying Jesus, I honour you but mary you and I are equal. If you are a Christian, repeat this words which God Himself put in the mouth of an Arch Angel. "HAIL MARY, FULL OF GRACE". Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit and said to Mary,"BLESSED ARE YOU AMONG WOMEN AND BLESED IS THE FRUIT OF YOUR WOMB" The same word blessed was used for both Jesus and Mary. The two are inseparable. Mary also said that from generation to generation all people shall call me blessed. If you believe that Jesus is God, then Mary is the mother of God. But if you say mary is not the mother of God, then you dont believe that Jesus is God. If you say that Jesus is God and Mary is not His mother, you are an anti christ. As for me, I love and adore Jesus and I love and honour His mother. Nothing can make me ignore the glory and honour of the Blessed Virgin Mary. If God honoured her through an Arch Angel, who are my. St. Paul warned us to be careful on how we talk about glorious beings. It is not necessary to ask Mary to pray for you but it is very important that you recognize her glory. She is a Glorious being elevated high above the Arch Angels. After God(Father, Son, Holy Spirit), it is Mary, then the Angels. Be warned.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 17, 2013
Kaycee7: Let me get you both. There was a Jesus on earth and there was another Jesus in heaven, right?

God help us

abeh help me ask amoo.maybe when it came to be breastfeeding Jesus the Godwill disapear and reappear afte breasfeeding. grin grin grin Bunch of deluded folks.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by italo: 5:52pm On Jul 17, 2013
naijadeyhia:

Read Isaiah 9:6 and cure your ignorance.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by italo: 5:57pm On Jul 17, 2013
naijadeyhia:

Peter when He called Jesus the Christ spoke via revelation. Because immediately after he said that Jesus made it known to Him that it was God that revealed to Peter His true spiritual identity. Peter spoke of what he saw in the spirit but standing right before him was Jesus in the flesh. Everyone else saw Jesus in the flesh but for a moment Peter saw what others could not.

The same Jesus in the flesh was the same Jesus that Mary gave birth to. How would Christ have been the perfect Sacrifice if he did not in all totality represent Man? The Same man who has been Judged for his sins. God needed to exact judgment on a man and Jesus came in the flesh to take upon himself that Judgement. And the word was made flesh and dwelt amongst us.

What I just wrote above needs a spiritual mind to understand it, if you dont please do not blame me rather ask God for the Holy spirit and He will give the Holy Spirit to you.

What about Matt 14:33? You completely avoided it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (62) (Reply)

Pastor David Elijah With Bundles Of Money After His Malaysia Trip (Photos) / Chinese Authorities Blow Up Christian Megachurch With Dynamite (pics) / Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.