Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,956 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? (64849 Views)

Photos: Nigerian Man Spotted Praying On His Knees In An Airplane / Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by honeric01(m): 7:26am On Mar 23, 2013
Ubenedictus: d bible say i'm a intercessor, so is mary d only xtian who lacks d power to interceed.

what are you saying?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by honeric01(m): 7:34am On Mar 23, 2013
Ubenedictus: its just a fact that there is no proof wether biblical of extra biblical that marry is in d grave.

meaning apart from the 12 deaths that were recorded of the disciples, the rest of his followers didn't die? Meaning only the 12 died? As 'important' as mary was, you mean her death or imortality was not worth being recorded? remember that after birthing our lord Jesus, she started having carnal knowledge and had other children like every other humans on earth. If she was so important to the future of the church, why then did the bible not mention her end just like that of esther, sarah, enoch, elijah were mentioned?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by greedie1(f): 8:10am On Mar 23, 2013
Ishilove:
You haven't answered any questions. All is see is a lot of copy and paste from the internet. The others have been answering the questions you have been posing, as trivial and irrevelant they might be. You didn't answer any, but now went ahead by accusing us of worshipping the bible, which is of course one of the silliest things I have ever heard. You wnet round and round and beat around the bush, copying and pasting things you neither understand, nor comprehend their significance. "Let me just copy and paste it on the thread, it looks like it makes sense and it will help my argument!"

The thing is you as a catholic, have been so conditioned to deify objects that you now see non-catholic usage of the Word of God as 'bible worship'. Utterly ridiculous. We don't bow before the bible, we don't kneel before the bible, we don't use the bible as a mediator etc, unlike what obtains in the catholic church.

You kneel before carved statues hewn out of wood, stone, marble and ceramic and PRAY. You make Mary and a host of other good people who died centuries ago your focal point during prayers. You deify a jewish woman, who in her lifetime, though favoured to carry the Saviour, was a follower of the Messiah and died like every other human being; and put her on the same pedestal with God. Blasphemy upon abominations.

I am not asking you to change your beliefs;the Holy Spirit will do that. You are set in your ways, so it is left for the Holy Spirit to convince you otherwise. Whether or not you choose to open your eyes to the biblical proof that clearly points out that what is practiced in the catholic church is idolatory is irrelevant. Whether you accept it is unimportant. It won't change the fact that a lot of paganism was infused into the catholic doctrines. It won't also change the fact that what is happening in the catholic church is pagan and unscriptural, and therefore idolatrous.

That is the fact, whether or not you choose to accept. This is the last I am commenting on this matter.

Matthew 15 vs 9-"They worship Me in vain, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men."

Fini.
qus is, did the copy and paste ans d qus?.... YES. or r the answers irrelevant bcz its from d net?

i asked a qus, answer it nah.... i dont care where u get ur answer from, just answer!!
u shouldnt comment anymore cz u ve done nothing but vomit all ur myopic pastors ve filled ur head wit. Go in search of the truth ursf.

you are a hypocrite!! u use bible passages to suit ur whim, u claim to be holy while catholics are pagans, ofcz i know u think u have made heaven already.....but i tell u, the so called blind will lead those who claim to have sight. I really wish we ll have a way of knowing those who make heaven atlast...

becz der shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth and some shall say but father i preached in ur name and He shall reply I know u not..ofcz the first shall be d last... and those who judge shall be judged.

Keep deceiving ursfs...
btw, do u know how foolish u look by writing dat i paste things i have no understanding of?? don't be deceived by the likes, its ur brethren who couldn't ans d qus dat liked ur lenthy defensive crap!!! its a very silly qus u lot can't.ans, SHAME! Or don't silly questions have answers?smh

2 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 8:14am On Mar 23, 2013
honeric01:

meaning apart from the 12 deaths that were recorded of the disciples, the rest of his followers didn't die? Meaning only the 12 died? As 'important' as mary was, you mean her death or imortality was not worth being recorded? remember that after birthing our lord Jesus, she started having carnal knowledge and had other children like every other humans on earth. If she was so important to the future of the church, why then did the bible not mention her end just like that of esther, sarah, enoch, elijah were mentioned?

Where did you see the twelve deaths recorded? Only Judas and James death were recorded in the canonised scriptures.Others also died and were buried but Mary's body was assumed into heaven.Her body was not allowed to see corruption
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Ubenedictus(m): 8:18am On Mar 23, 2013
honeric01:

where can this be found in the bible that Mary was already a christian before the birth of christ?
now you are twisting my word.
It is found in the bible that she alread had a saviour even be4 d birth of christ, she was saved. And i quoted d passage.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 8:18am On Mar 23, 2013
honeric01:

what are you saying?

The bible asks us all to pray for one another.This directive did not exclude Mary
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by greedie1(f): 8:22am On Mar 23, 2013
chukwudi44:

Babe don't mind this hypocritical ignoramuses.They don't even know anything about their faith.The onlything there are good for is hatred for the roman catholics.

They worship the bible and their greedy private jet pastors yet they have no idea how the bible came about

its a pity really... and just to hide their ignorance they r attacking me with all dey ve got. imagine, dey say d qus is silly but none has proferred an ans. smh.

i concur they spend all their tym attacking catholics and haven't bothered to know their origin..

haha wat wont i hear? one even accused us of caring just abt who founded . wat simply cz he doesn't know d ans.. its now a sin o to know history, come and hear these people o... yet every corner u turn to, its der church and ministry u see. mtshewwwwwwwwww deceived lot!!!

i ll gladly continue my copy and paste grin once u peeps ans d lil qus i ask u. until den......
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by greedie1(f): 8:34am On Mar 23, 2013
Bidam: thats where the problem lies..you have turned christianity into religion of men..A personal relationship with Jesus is what you need NOT worship of idols...
do u ve a personal relationship with God? no u don't!!! cz u are too busy trying to disprove catholicism to even notice ur God. pity, really.

one advice for u, know ur history, do ur research!! don't always believe wat ur pastors were told in der 3 months pastoral training.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by ijawkid(m): 9:03am On Mar 23, 2013
All catholics please read these scripture below.......
Romans 5:12,14
New International Version (NIV)

12 Therefore, just as sin entered the world
through one man, and death through sin, and in
this way death came to[b]all[/b] people, because all
sinned

14 Nevertheless, death reigned from the
time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over
those who did not sin by breaking a command,
as did Adam, who is a pattern of the one to
come

How can catholics read those verses and still hold on to the false notion that mary was iMmaculately concieved and also did not experience natural death(old age) but was assumed into heaven.......??angry........

are catholics assuming that mary came from heaven just as Jesus did??...because I can't just understand why persons would defend this blatant lie of the doctrine of assumption and immaculate conception of mary.....
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Acidosis(m): 9:11am On Mar 23, 2013
gree-die:

lol.... just disprove me, dats all i ask. is it so difficult? heck, i can disprove me!

We study the bible..

Studying and bowing down are two different things..

Paul the Apostle says in 2 Timothy 3:16-17, "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God ... The purity of His words does not need anything added to it!

We do not worship the 'BIBLE' but our lives depend on the WORD. What/Who is the Word? The answer is simple - GOD! (In the beginning was the word, and the word was God)
All things are made by the WORD. (not your words oo or that of the pope, but GOD).

Its funny you people call Mary, Mother of God literally... (jeez!) Where was Mary when God created the world?

You guys ignored your salvation and the message of christ for something you do not understand.

Mary was engaged to be married to Joseph (Mattew 1:18).
But while she was still a virgin she became pregnant "by the Holy spirit" (Mattew 1:18).

This is just a mere priviledge, anyone can be a virgin, we even have so many virgins on nairaland..
Mind you, she was engaged to be married so whats with all these human worshipping?? Mary is not the mother of my church... rather, shes the wife of Joseph..
God is God, we (the believers, including Mary & your popes (thats if they are born-again) are his children.

I can imagine Mary crying in heaven for catholics... They've shifted their worship away from God towards her... I see her weeping for your popes...
I see her crying bitterly on sunday mornings whenever you observe the mass..
I see her shouting and crying; "It's not me, but God"

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Ishilove: 9:14am On Mar 23, 2013
gree-die:

qus is, did the copy and paste ans d qus?.... YES. or r the answers irrelevant bcz its from d net?

i asked a qus, answer it nah.... i dont care where u get ur answer from, just answer!!
u shouldnt comment anymore cz u ve done nothing but vomit all ur myopic pastors ve filled ur head wit. Go in search of the truth ursf.

you are a hypocrite!! u use bible passages to suit ur whim, u claim to be holy while catholics are pagans, ofcz i know u think u have made heaven already.....but i tell u, the so called blind will lead those who claim to have sight. I really wish we ll have a way of knowing those who make heaven atlast...

becz der shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth and some shall say but father i preached in ur name and He shall reply I know u not..ofcz the first shall be d last... and those who judge shall be judged.

Keep deceiving ursfs...
btw, do u know how foolish u look by writing dat i paste things i have no understanding of?? don't be deceived by the likes, its ur brethren who couldn't ans d qus dat liked ur lenthy defensive crap!!! its a very silly qus u lot can't.ans, SHAME! Or don't silly questions have answers?smh

Stop ranting, young woman, it is very unbecoming.

Like I have clearly stated, you don't know what you are saying. I leave you for the Holy Spirit, not Mary, to convince.

Shalom.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by honeric01(m): 9:26am On Mar 23, 2013
chukwudi44:

Where did you see the twelve deaths recorded? Only Judas and James death were recorded in the canonised scriptures.Others also died and were buried but Mary's body was assumed into heaven.Her body was not allowed to see corruption

the death of the 12 were recorded (stephen inclusive). Kindly refer to the bible your claims that mary's body was not allowed to see corruption and that she assumed into heaven. Chapter/verse.

Thanks
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Odunharry(m): 9:26am On Mar 23, 2013
chukwudi44:

Babe don't mind this hypocritical ignoramuses.They don't even know anything about their faith.The onlything there are good for is hatred for the roman catholics.

They worship the bible and their greedy private jet pastors yet they have no idea how the bible came about
ahahahah..i laff u..who worship the bible?i worship God and nt mary.i believe the bible cos it was written by men whom God inspired..
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by honeric01(m): 9:29am On Mar 23, 2013
chukwudi44:

The bible asks us all to pray for one another.This directive did not exclude Mary

pray for one another and pray to one another, are they the same?

Praying to a dead person is not same with praying to Jesus the only one who rose from the dead.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 23, 2013
Ishilove:
Stop ranting, young woman, it is very unbecoming.

Like I have clearly stated, you don't know what you are saying. I leave you for the Holy Spirit, not Mary, to convince.

Shalom.

The holy spirit has already vindicated her.Why don't you ask him to do same to you
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Odunharry(m): 9:31am On Mar 23, 2013
chukwudi44:

The bible is not the word of God,Jesus christ is!! The bible is merely a collection of christian scriptures compiled by the catholic church in the fourth century CE.Stop worshipping the bible!! The word bible is even unscriptural !!

Whether she copies and paste from an article to answer your kweshions does not matter once the kweshions are addresses.You might do likewise.
smh....d bible is then what?who inspired the writers to write all the book there?na GEJ ABI?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by honeric01(m): 9:31am On Mar 23, 2013
Ubenedictus: now you are twisting my word.
It is found in the bible that she alread had a saviour even be4 d birth of christ, she was saved. And i quoted d passage.
where na? Kindly refer to the verse in the bible for us to read that she was already a christian even before the birth of christ.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 9:31am On Mar 23, 2013
honeric01:

pray for one another and pray to one another, are they the same?

Praying to a dead person is not same with praying to Jesus the only one who rose from the dead.

Sorry catholics do not pray to dead people. God forbid that!!
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 9:33am On Mar 23, 2013
Odunharry: smh....d bible is then what?who inspired the writers to write all the book there?na GEJ ABI?

Quit your idolatorous ways and stop worshipping the bible
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 9:34am On Mar 23, 2013
chukwudi44:

see who is talking, people who bow before dead meat, idols, Mary, and the list is endless wink

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by honeric01(m): 9:35am On Mar 23, 2013
chukwudi44:

Sorry catholics do not pray to dead people. God forbid that!!

then what do you pray to?

I asked you a question which you skipped, praying for and praying to, are they the same?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 9:35am On Mar 23, 2013
honeric01:

the death of the 12 were recorded (stephen inclusive). Kindly refer to the bible your claims that mary's body was not allowed to see corruption and that she assumed into heaven. Chapter/verse.

Thanks

Sorry I am not a disciple of martin luther.hence I do not practice bible alone doctrine.Besides it has no scriptural basis
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by honeric01(m): 9:37am On Mar 23, 2013
chukwudi44:

Sorry I am not a disciple of martin luther.hence I do not practice bible alone doctrine.Besides it has no scriptural basis

meaning what you wrote are beer parlor rumors and has no scriptural backbone/reference?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Odunharry(m): 9:37am On Mar 23, 2013
honeric01:

where can this be found in the bible that Mary was already a christian before the birth of christ?
i taya o..nt until after jesus resurrectd that the disciples were first called christians
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by honeric01(m): 9:41am On Mar 23, 2013
Odunharry: i taya o..nt until after jesus resurrectd that the disciples were first called christians

And they were called christians not because they belonged to a physical church or had christ written on their foreheads, but because they acted and walked like christ. The undiluted word of God never departed from their lips. Chukwudi's now debasing the bible for whatever man's doctrine he's been brainwashed with.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 9:44am On Mar 23, 2013
frosbel:

see who is talking, people who bow before dead meat, idols, Mary, and the list is endless wink
Ephraim is joined to idols: let him alone. [Ho 4:17]
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 9:45am On Mar 23, 2013
honeric01:

then what do you pray to?

I asked you a question which you skipped, praying for and praying to, are they the same?

I did not skip any kweshion.I simply refuted your baseless claim
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by honeric01(m): 9:46am On Mar 23, 2013
chukwudi44:

I did not skip any kweshion.I simply refuted your baseless claim

with what? An assumption?

Praying to and praying for, do they mean the same thing?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Odunharry(m): 9:47am On Mar 23, 2013
chukwudi44:

ahahah..i dnt worship the bible,i believe in it and use it as a guide to ma path and what will make me undastand more about God

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 9:48am On Mar 23, 2013
honeric01:

meaning what you wrote are beer parlor rumors and has no scriptural backbone/reference?
honeric01:

My friend face it,bible alone is no scriptural teaching but rather protestant tradition.The apostles did not leave behind any bible for us.The collection of scriptures today called the bible was created by the catholic church.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 23, 2013
Odunharry: ahahah..i dnt worship the bible,i believe in it and use it as a guide to ma path and what will make me undastand more about God

Yes you do and you have already called it the word of God.Jesus is the only word of God and not the bible.Do not share Jesus's glory with sth else.The bible is only a scriptural guide and not the word of God
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 23, 2013
I hope it is now becoming clear to all and sundry , that the Catholics cannot back any of their false traditions with the bible ,so they revert to a backup ploy called church history , which at best is a dubious opt out card for those who are at cross purposes with the God of heaven and earth.

Also, you will begin to see why they discourage others from reading the bible , because the bible contains the inerrant word of the living of GOD , which condemns their false teachers outright.

I was a catholic once, and I know how the bible was almost never read.

Oh, by the way, the Catholics did not write the bible.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (62) (Reply)

Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK / Anita Oyakhilome's Name Change: Here Is The Real Gist - Lailasblog / Tina Bright: Why I Left My Husband & Married Pastor Adeeyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.