Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,073 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms (25674 Views)

Naira Exchange Rates Today / A Cry to Ncc to Please Stop Phone Checking of Bvn. My Personal Opinion / GSM Operators Under Pressure As Economic Crisis Hits Telecoms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by RedLight1: 10:56am On Mar 22, 2013
THE Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has released a new set of interconnection rates determination for voice services for the country’s telecommunications industry, commencing April 1, 2013.

The commission said it arrived at the new rate after comprehensive consultations with various stakeholders.

In a late-evening statement on behalf of the commission, the director of public affairs, Tony Ojobo, noted that the significantly downwards reviewed prices were informed by the depth of competition in the industry while taken into consideration the position of new entrants and small operators.

He said, “the Commission hereby determines that: The termination rates for voice services provided by new entrants and small operators in Nigeria, irrespective of the originating network shall be N6.40 (Six Naira Forty Kobo) from April 1, 2013; N5.20 (Five Naira Twenty Kobo) from April 1, 2014; and N3. 90 (Three Naira Ninety Kobo) from 1st April, 2015.

“The termination rates for voice services provided by other operators in Nigeria, irrespective of the originating network shall be N4.90 (Four Naira Ninety Kobo) from 1st of April, 2013; N4.40 (Four Naira Forty Kobo) from 1st of April, 2014; and N3.90 (Three Naira Ninety Kobo) from 1st of April 2015.

“This determination shall take effect from April 1, 2013, and remain valid and binding on licensees for the next three years until further reviewed by the Commission.

“New entrant is defined as newly licensed Operator entering an existing or new market within 0 to 3 years.
“Small operator is defined, for the purpose of the Determination, as an existing operator with a market share of 0 – 7.5 per cent in terms of subscriber base.

“The current interconnection rate regulation was implemented through the Commission’s Interconnection Rate Determination issued on December 21, 2009. Since then, the Nigerian Communications Market has seen tremendous growth in both, subscriber numbers as well as traffic volumes and available technologies (e.g. 3G). The current which is symmetric to all operators is N8.2.

“In June 2012, the Commission appointed PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP to undertake a cost study for voice interconnection.

“In line with its commitment to a policy of openness, transparency, fairness, and participatory regulation, the commission informed stakeholders in July 2012 of its engagement of PWC to advise on the review of interconnection rates for mobile and fixed telephony services.”

http://businessnews.com.ng/2013/03/22/ncc-releases-new-interconnect-rates/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=ncc-releases-new-interconnect-rates

4 Likes

Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by rezzy: 11:05am On Mar 22, 2013
To be frank, i did not understand it after reading. I no go school oooo

46 Likes

Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by RedLight1: 11:12am On Mar 22, 2013
rezzy: To be frank, i did not understand it after reading. I no go school oooo
OK

*switching to pidging* it mean say una no go dey call for big big rate dem again

u go dey pay shikini money wey dey as low as 6naira to call any network u want for naija

and other network wey never get much power or wey just they enter the business for naija and never reach the level wey the big ones deys go
dey do am for 4naira to encourage people to their network

u get am now?

93 Likes

Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by a1solution: 11:17am On Mar 22, 2013
N6 is still on the high side it ought to be N1 so a networks can charge N5 when using their service to call another network.
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by rezzy: 11:21am On Mar 22, 2013
Yes, i understand now. Its a very good thing o atleast one can call with confidence after load small money. Thanks
I was actually thinking its sending voice message wen the person's phone you are calling phone is switched off.

1 Like

Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by Nobody: 1:46pm On Mar 22, 2013
Azonto Azonto Azonto Azonto

2 Likes

Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by Trut(m): 2:29pm On Mar 22, 2013
Good news for 9jerians...
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by Nobody: 3:05pm On Mar 22, 2013
Dem go gree reduce price? I doubt the network providers to reduce the tariff especially Em-pty-hen

3 Likes

Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by Afrocatalyst: 3:27pm On Mar 22, 2013
Thats a welcome development.
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by neksummi(m): 4:04pm On Mar 22, 2013
This is a good developtment.
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by Nobody: 4:10pm On Mar 22, 2013
Glory! Glory!! hallelujah!!!
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by RedLight1: 11:36pm On Mar 22, 2013
Batam: Dem go gree reduce price? I doubt the network providers to reduce the tariff especially Em-pty-hen
they dnt have choice than to comply... Like the sms price.. I dnt think they wana do strong head

2 Likes

Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by Nobody: 2:25pm On Mar 24, 2013
Nigeria don dey beta

2 Likes

Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by bid4rich(m): 2:25pm On Mar 24, 2013
Good news to ALL MIDNIGHT CALLERS, At least una go dey sleep well well now. grin grin grin

13 Likes

Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by aryzgreat: 2:25pm On Mar 24, 2013
make i activate my mtn line be dat, cos to use mtn call glo or etisalat na war! Thnks to NCC.

1 Like

Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by dedons: 2:25pm On Mar 24, 2013
They should warn that useless airtel to abide by the charges,especially their browsing charges.

4 Likes

Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by ayzero6487(m): 2:27pm On Mar 24, 2013
Batam: Dem go gree reduce price? I doubt the network providers to reduce the tariff especially Em-pty-hen

Dem no born dem well....we go just ban dem....Ewu Em-pty hen
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by seuncyber(m): 2:27pm On Mar 24, 2013
NICE ONE FROM NCC BUT THEY CAN STILL DO MORE,CAUSE WE HAVE PAID SO MUCH FOR ALL THIS
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by Sagytarius1: 2:28pm On Mar 24, 2013
Red-Light:
OK

*switching to pidging* it mean say una no go dey call for big big rate dem again

u go dey pay shikini money wey dey as low as 6naira to call any network u want for naija

and other network wey never get much power or wey just they enter the business for naija and never reach the level wey the big ones deys go

u get am now?
Bros na lie o. Nor be wetin e mean.
Wetin e mean be say if u dey call pipu wen dey yuz network wen jus enta d biznes, na 6nera u go pay; nor be 4nera as u tok.
And den, if u dey call pipu wen dey yuz network wen don tey for d bizness, na 4nera u go pay. Shek wel.
Ai fi' dey rong sha. undecided

8 Likes

Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by Nobody: 2:29pm On Mar 24, 2013
Red-Light:
OK

u get am now?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by Emmyk(m): 2:29pm On Mar 24, 2013
Goodnews
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by pendusky(m): 2:30pm On Mar 24, 2013
thatz gud...hope say it wont affect our pay..#staff pay grin

1 Like

Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by Emmyk(m): 2:32pm On Mar 24, 2013
seuncyber: NICE ONE FROM NCC BUT THEY CAN STILL DO MORE,CAUSE WE HAVE PAID SO MUCH FOR ALL THIS
I remember the days of 77K/Sec by Celtel 2006/2007.. Equals ₦46 per minute. Omo. I was happy despite the charge because I know things will get better.

1 Like

Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by pendusky(m): 2:33pm On Mar 24, 2013
ItsModella:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
am loving dis gurl, wished 2 c u grin grin
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by Shaggyfreshfish(m): 2:33pm On Mar 24, 2013
Pls wat abt dis first call of d day rubbish dey do, is it inclusive too? Cos dey usually charge higher if its ur first call of d day

3 Likes

Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by Timileyin(m): 2:33pm On Mar 24, 2013
Nice good news
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by BarryX(m): 2:33pm On Mar 24, 2013
So calling is now fun then, I pray those with security codes on their phones because of the in-built stingy spirit, CHANGE lol!!!

1 Like

Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by nbright: 2:35pm On Mar 24, 2013
rezzy: To be frank, i did not understand it after reading. I no go school oooo
I no understand am too... Make una help me
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 24, 2013
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by gen2briz(m): 2:35pm On Mar 24, 2013
Make NCC no forget data plans oooo.......but to be frank them try for this one,i begin to think say na only NCC dey work for naija

2 Likes

Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by tivta(m): 2:36pm On Mar 24, 2013
Talk is finally becoming cheap. 15kobo per second coming soon.
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by vision2050: 2:36pm On Mar 24, 2013
At least Gej they try for this network stuff.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bet9ja Refused To Pay 15 Million Won With Bonus All Evidence Available / Bet9ja Virtual Soccer Cheat / Want To Build A Successful Online Business? See How To Start

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.