Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:12 PM

Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! - Jobs/Vacancies (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! (476972 Views)

Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants / Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants / Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by cdan: 2:35pm On Jul 01, 2013
Csn those D̶̲̥̅̊at̶̲̥̅̊ studied agricultural economics apply fO̶̷̩̥̊͡Я the navy job.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 01, 2013
Mehn when I enquired from an officer when the list will be out, his words were "Waiting is the name of the game". Same words he used on another friend who also has him as bbn contact. May God see us thru.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by SailorXY: 5:33pm On Jul 01, 2013
xykms101: SSC has higher advantage to cross to rc than dssc,if any of the 2 shud get to d post of general which am not sure,then it would be combatant officers not lily livered dssc.
Now how can you be that sure? I know some men are who Brig Gen @ d moment commissioned as DSSC. You are having a laugh if you think SSC have any advantage *i repeat, any advantage* over DSSC. Anyone can even be retired before they get to rank of Major! If DSSC got two pips after camping & SSC got one pip, as long as everything remains constant, they are your seniors FOR LIFE homie #berra keep it in mind cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by xykms101: 6:17pm On Jul 01, 2013
SailorXY:
Now how can you be that sure? I know some men are who Brig Gen @ d moment commissioned as DSSC. You are having a laugh if you think SSC have any advantage *i repeat, any advantage* over DSSC. Anyone can even be retired before they get to rank of Major! If DSSC got two pips after camping & SSC got one pip, as long as everything remains constant, they are your seniors FOR LIFE homie #berra keep it in mind cheesy
quick promotion goes to combatant officers in the army, by the time i get to d rank of capt in my combatant level,you will sti be strugling with ur 2 pips. Dssc officers are not that recognised in the army, Lolz! they only recognise and respect officers in the battle line. How would you get to the post of general when you find it difficult to cross to regular combatant coz you don't have the training.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Paranalogy: 6:20pm On Jul 01, 2013
Sooner the shortlisted names will be out...lets jst keep the faith and above all hope in God
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by guyluv(m): 6:28pm On Jul 01, 2013
Waiting patiently- NASRU-MIN-ALLAH

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by anienwe(m): 6:48pm On Jul 01, 2013
JOKER 5180. Pls u don't have to give up now. With treatment, prayers and faith in the lord, ur knee can get healed. Just believe it. U can do all things through christ that strenghtens u. My brother it is well with u in Jesus name. Those who don't know much about dssc/ssc. DSSC is commissioned a Leutenant after succesful completion of military training: their promotions comes regularly without much courses/ exams: conversion to regular is very posible and not that hard: u can not command a battalion or brigade but can be a Director of. Army Finance corps, director of army education corps/NYSC director general etc: U can get to the rank of Major General but subject to ur age: While SSC is commissioned 2nd LT after succesful completion of military training; ur promotion is subject to passing relevant army courses: conversion is not automatic: u are a combatant soldier and can command battalion, brigade and Division. U can get to the rank of Major Gen subject to ur age: Good luck all: some of my friends in the Army Engineering corps who entered through DSSC are presently in d battle field as I speek: these guys were drafted to d north to combat BHaram. Infact most of them are DSSC LTs. Most dssc guys are fighters too: except finance and education corps guys and very few others.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by dmajesticjoe: 8:08pm On Jul 01, 2013
xykms101: SSC has higher advantage to cross to rc than dssc,if any of the 2 shud get to d post of general which am not sure,then it would be combatant officers not lily livered dssc.
Did Ihejirika join through DSSC or SSC because I knw he didn't attent NDA?
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by SailorXY: 8:38pm On Jul 01, 2013
xykms101: quick promotion goes to combatant officers in the army, by the time i get to d rank of capt in my combatant level,you will sti be strugling with ur 2 pips. Dssc officers are not that recognised in the army, Lolz! they only recognise and respect officers in the battle line. How would you get to the post of general when you find it difficult to cross to regular combatant coz you don't have the training.
Then you are still being caressed by myth of civilians about quick promotion hehehe. Promotion from Lieutenant to Major is rapid for everyone. From LtCol upwards a lot of things come into play. First & foremost is availability, secondly is your performance in promo exams & conduct. Now remember DSSC are professionals who are very much active both in crisis & peace times in Medicine, Engineering, Accounting, etc. They even need the brains more than the brutes *no offence* I've got about 4 military officers from my mum's side, if u have close ties with any, ask them to open up & that civilian fallacy will be clear to you.. Don't worry, with time you'll know better

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by anienwe(m): 8:41pm On Jul 01, 2013
Dmajesticjoe: Please find below for ur attention: LIEUTENANT GENERAL OA IHEJIRIKA (N/6031)

1.Lt Gen Onyeabo Azubike Ihejirika Forces Service Star (FSS), Meritorious Service Star (MSS), Distinguished Service Star (DSS), Grand Service Star (GSS), Passed Staff College with Dagger (psc(+)), Fellow National War College (fwc), Fellow Nigerian Institute of Quantity Survey (fnigs), was born in Ovim in Isuikwato Local Government Area of Abia State on 13 February, 1956.  He attended Ovim Central School and Williams Grammar School, Umuahia.  After his Secondary education, he gained admission into the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) Kaduna as member of the 18th Regular Combatant Course and was commissioned on 17 December 1977 in the rank of Second Lieutenant (2Lt), and posted to the Corps of Nigerian Army Engineers (NAE).
2. Lt Gen Ihejirika has attended several military and civil courses both at home and abroad.  At the early stage of his career, he attended the Nigerian Army Engineers Young Officers Course (YOC) in 1983.  Due to his excellent performance as a young officer, young Azubike was selected and attended Junior Staff Course in Ghana, where he won the second best price in order of merit.  In 1986, he attended the Engineer Squadron Commanders’ Course and came out as the best all round student.  During his Senior Staff Course at the Command and Staff College, Jaji he won the Army Faculty prize.  He also performed creditably well at the strategic course having won the Commandant’s prize for the best researched project at the National War College in 2002. Major General Ihejirika holds a Bsc (Hons), second class upper division from the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.

3.Lt Gen Ihejirika has held many appointments in the staff, instructor and command categories. He was a Directing Staff (DS) at both the  junior  and senior divisions of the Command  and Staff College,   Jaji  where he earn the prestigious psc(+),   and made  great  impact on human capacity building of middle level officers in the NA.  At the staff level, he was Staff Officer Grade 1 at the Army Faculty, Command and Staff College, Jaji,   Deputy Military Secretary at the Army Headquarters Department of Military Secretary,  where he made invaluable contributions, to the career development of officers.  Major  General Ihejirika was the Chief of Standards and Evaluation at Army Headquarters,  where he was saddled with the task of mentoring, evaluating and providing feedback on Army  activities.  He was also a Director of Engineering Services at Defence Headquarters.

4.On command appointments, Lt Gen Ihejirika was  Commanding officer 12 Field Engineers Regiment, Ijebu Ode,  Commander 41 Division Engineers as well as the Commander of Operation MESA  the internal security operation in Kaduna at that time.  He later became the General Officer Commanding (GOC) 81 Division in Lagos.  He was the Chief of Defence Logistics before his  present appointment.   It is  pertinent to note that this distinguished  senior officer earned his promotions from Second Lieutenant to Major General as and when due.  He was promoted to the rank of Major General with effect from 30 September 2006.

5.Lt Gen Ihejirika has earned several honours and awards which include; the Chief of Army Staff’s Commendation Award (CCA) for excellent performance and Fellow Nigerian Institute of Quantity Survey.  He has the highest award in the NA, that is, the Grand Service Star (GSS) .

He is happily married and blessed with children.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by dmajesticjoe: 8:43pm On Jul 01, 2013
anienwe: JOKER 5180. Pls u don't have to give up now. With treatment, prayers and faith in the lord, ur knee can get healed. Just believe it. U can do all things through christ that strenghtens u. My brother it is well with u in Jesus name. Those who don't know much about dssc/ssc. DSSC is commissioned a Leutenant after succesful completion of military training: their promotions comes regularly without much courses/ exams: conversion to regular is very posible and not that hard: u can not command a battalion or brigade but can be a Director of. Army Finance corps, director of army education corps/NYSC director general etc: U can get to the rank of Major General but subject to ur age: While SSC is commissioned 2nd LT after succesful completion of military training; ur promotion is subject to passing relevant army courses: conversion is not automatic: u are a combatant soldier and can command battalion, brigade and Division. U can get to the rank of Major Gen subject to ur age: Good luck all: some of my friends in the Army Engineering corps who entered through DSSC are presently in d battle field as I speek: these guys were drafted to d north to combat BHaram. Infact most of them are DSSC LTs. Most dssc guys are fighters too: except finance and education corps guys and very few others.
But Brig. Gen. Nnamdi Thomas Okorie-Affia was commissioned into d education corps and he will get 2 Maj. Gen. 4 sure.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by dmajesticjoe: 8:50pm On Jul 01, 2013
anienwe: Dmajesticjoe: Please find below for ur attention: LIEUTENANT GENERAL OA IHEJIRIKA (N/6031)

1.Lt Gen Onyeabo Azubike Ihejirika Forces Service Star (FSS), Meritorious Service Star (MSS), Distinguished Service Star (DSS), Grand Service Star (GSS), Passed Staff College with Dagger (psc(+)), Fellow National War College (fwc), Fellow Nigerian Institute of Quantity Survey (fnigs), was born in Ovim in Isuikwato Local Government Area of Abia State on 13 February, 1956.  He attended Ovim Central School and Williams Grammar School, Umuahia.  After his Secondary education, he gained admission into the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) Kaduna as member of the 18th Regular Combatant Course and was commissioned on 17 December 1977 in the rank of Second Lieutenant (2Lt), and posted to the Corps of Nigerian Army Engineers (NAE).
2. Lt Gen Ihejirika has attended several military and civil courses both at home and abroad.  At the early stage of his career, he attended the Nigerian Army Engineers Young Officers Course (YOC) in 1983.  Due to his excellent performance as a young officer, young Azubike was selected and attended Junior Staff Course in Ghana, where he won the second best price in order of merit.  In 1986, he attended the Engineer Squadron Commanders’ Course and came out as the best all round student.  During his Senior Staff Course at the Command and Staff College, Jaji he won the Army Faculty prize.  He also performed creditably well at the strategic course having won the Commandant’s prize for the best researched project at the National War College in 2002. Major General Ihejirika holds a Bsc (Hons), second class upper division from the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.

3.Lt Gen Ihejirika has held many appointments in the staff, instructor and command categories. He was a Directing Staff (DS) at both the  junior  and senior divisions of the Command  and Staff College,   Jaji  where he earn the prestigious psc(+),   and made  great  impact on human capacity building of middle level officers in the NA.  At the staff level, he was Staff Officer Grade 1 at the Army Faculty, Command and Staff College, Jaji,   Deputy Military Secretary at the Army Headquarters Department of Military Secretary,  where he made invaluable contributions, to the career development of officers.  Major  General Ihejirika was the Chief of Standards and Evaluation at Army Headquarters,  where he was saddled with the task of mentoring, evaluating and providing feedback on Army  activities.  He was also a Director of Engineering Services at Defence Headquarters.

4.On command appointments, Lt Gen Ihejirika was  Commanding officer 12 Field Engineers Regiment, Ijebu Ode,  Commander 41 Division Engineers as well as the Commander of Operation MESA  the internal security operation in Kaduna at that time.  He later became the General Officer Commanding (GOC) 81 Division in Lagos.  He was the Chief of Defence Logistics before his  present appointment.   It is  pertinent to note that this distinguished  senior officer earned his promotions from Second Lieutenant to Major General as and when due.  He was promoted to the rank of Major General with effect from 30 September 2006.

5.Lt Gen Ihejirika has earned several honours and awards which include; the Chief of Army Staff’s Commendation Award (CCA) for excellent performance and Fellow Nigerian Institute of Quantity Survey.  He has the highest award in the NA, that is, the Grand Service Star (GSS) .

He is happily married and blessed with children.
Tnx man, dat was educating. Is he from Abia state or he was just born there?
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Frankisu(m): 10:17pm On Jul 01, 2013
dmajesticjoe:
Tnx man, dat was educating. Is he from Abia state or he was just born there?
He's from Abia state. He has two boys only, Moch and Botti(nick names)
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Buntu2: 2:26am On Jul 02, 2013
Hi friends, am new in this thread. But i have been fellowing the post, u guys are wonderful. Pls keep the hope is well best of luck.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Madawaki01(m): 6:31am On Jul 02, 2013
SailorXY:
Then you are still being caressed by myth of civilians about quick promotion hehehe. Promotion from Lieutenant to Major is rapid for everyone. From LtCol upwards a lot of things come into play. First & foremost is availability, secondly is your performance in promo exams & conduct. Now remember DSSC are professionals who are very much active both in crisis & peace times in Medicine, Engineering, Accounting, etc. They even need the brains more than the brutes *no offence* I've got about 4 military officers from my mum's side, if u have close ties with any, ask them to open up & that civilian fallacy will be clear to you.. Don't worry, with time you'll know better
lol.... if dat`s wat u think,u`re on a long thing
No offense
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by xykms101: 6:39am On Jul 02, 2013
anienwe: JOKER 5180. Pls u don't have to give up now. With treatment, prayers and faith in the lord, ur knee can get healed. Just believe it. U can do all things through christ that strenghtens u. My brother it is well with u in Jesus name. Those who don't know much about dssc/ssc. DSSC is commissioned a Leutenant after succesful completion of military training: their promotions comes regularly without much courses/ exams: conversion to regular is very posible and not that hard: u can not command a battalion or brigade but can be a Director of. Army Finance corps, director of army education corps/NYSC director general etc: U can get to the rank of Major General but subject to ur age: While SSC is commissioned 2nd LT after succesful completion of military training; ur promotion is subject to passing relevant army courses: conversion is not automatic: u are a combatant soldier and can command battalion, brigade and Division. U can get to the rank of Major Gen subject to ur age: Good luck all: some of my friends in the Army Engineering corps who entered through DSSC are presently in d battle field as I speek: these guys were drafted to d north to combat BHaram. Infact most of them are DSSC LTs. Most dssc guys are fighters too: except finance and education corps guys and very few others.
Stale News....Mind you converting to drc is not that easy for dssc but rc a lil easier for ssc, dssc has to undergo some combat training which they lack b4 filing for any conversion and this requires a lot of connections not in any form of brain or courses. Besides says who dssc commissioned are in the battle field, Lolz! Deploying dssc commissioned to battle field without combat training is nothing but a suicide mission so stop saying what is not possible bcoz of cheap points, Nigerian army don't gamble with human lives.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by haykay2005: 6:45am On Jul 02, 2013
Not easy for both bro
xykms101: Stale News....Mind you converting to rc is not that easy for dssc but a lil easier for ssc, dssc has to undergo some combat training which they lack b4 filing for any conversion and this requires a lot of connections not in any form of brain or courses. Besides says who dssc commissioned are in the battle field, Lolz! Deploying dssc commissioned to battle field without combat training is nothing but a suicide mission
. RC for ssc and DRC for dssc
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by BECskills: 7:11am On Jul 02, 2013
xykms101: Stale News....Mind you converting to drc is not that easy for dssc but rc a lil easier for ssc, dssc has to undergo some combat training which they lack b4 filing for any conversion and this requires a lot of connections not in any form of brain or courses. Besides says who dssc commissioned are in the battle field, Lolz! Deploying dssc commissioned to battle field without combat training is nothing but a suicide mission so stop saying what is not possible bcoz of cheap points, Nigerian army don't gamble with human lives.
It is pertinent to note that when you have someone in the system and when you are in the system are two different things. For clarity purposes conversion to a regular officer is based on availablity and performance of the intending. Speaking of which the NA has much respect for the DSSC, for the fact that they aint trained for combat doesn't deny their promotion. Please always be informed and mind things you guys say on NL. Guess you guyz forget to know that their are Int officers on NL. Be Informed fellas and all the best.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by emmanuel4fire: 7:26am On Jul 02, 2013
xykms101: quick promotion goes to combatant officers in the army, by the time i get to d rank of capt in my combatant level,you will sti be strugling with ur 2 pips. Dssc officers are not that recognised in the army, Lolz! they only recognise and respect officers in the battle line. How would you get to the post of general when you find it difficult to cross to regular combatant coz you don't have the training.
Don't say what you don't know.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 02, 2013
dmajesticjoe:
Did Ihejirika join through DSSC or SSC because I knw he didn't attent NDA?
dssc has better chance of convertion
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by haykay2005: 7:38am On Jul 02, 2013
GBAM!
joker5180: dssc has better chance of convertion
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by xykms101: 7:40am On Jul 02, 2013
emmanuel4fire:
Don't say what you don't know.
Then say what you know na, busineas man wey dey use bread pack dem soup for Navy thread. Lolz
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by dmajesticjoe: 7:40am On Jul 02, 2013
Gud AM housemate. I have this frriend who made a first class 4rm a reputable first generation University in Nigerian and he's currently woking as an academic staff of d University but he's seriously pursuing dis military job because of d passion he has for d military, his salary is currently abt a 100k. Pls could dis man be making any mistake?
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Nobody: 7:41am On Jul 02, 2013
SailorXY:
yeah u r ryt, dssc officers has regular promotions because they dnt write exams. generally combatants hv better advantage because they command troops nd that whr they make money(a brig. commander is a signitory to health insurance scheme run by a dssc officer nd so can manipulate both the funds nd d officer)
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by xykms101: 7:46am On Jul 02, 2013
joker5180: dssc has better chance of convertion
Conversion to drc or what? what are the criteria for your better chance, explain?

The real fact is if u want a career that always to practise in your field to a fair extent, go for DSSC, if u want a career in the military, i.e, u want a chance to grow in the military, command troops and get a chance to get to the peak of your Military careeer, its SSC. Take it or leave it, nothin more to this.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Nobody: 7:47am On Jul 02, 2013
xykms101: Stale News....Mind you converting to drc is not that easy for dssc but rc a lil easier for ssc, dssc has to undergo some combat training which they lack b4 filing for any conversion and this requires a lot of connections not in any form of brain or courses. Besides says who dssc commissioned are in the battle field, Lolz! Deploying dssc commissioned to battle field without combat training is nothing but a suicide mission so stop saying what is not possible bcoz of cheap points, Nigerian army don't gamble with human lives.
bros there r many corps under dssc so conversion also depend on manpower need of that corp
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by rushj(m): 7:48am On Jul 02, 2013
House vendors whr r u? What is d latest this mrnin?
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by emmanuel4fire: 7:52am On Jul 02, 2013
xykms101: Then say what you know na, busineas man wey dey use bread pack dem soup for Navy thread. Lolz
Hahaha. But the truth is that Dssc has chances of conversion than ssc and are respected more than SSC applicant. There is much competition within the SSC in addition to those graduating from Nda. Much oppression for SSC. But one truth is that with a wadsup godfather your promotion will be fast.
Then for the issue of General, applicants from Dssc and Ssc can reach the rank of Brig Gen., major gen., lieutenant gen., but not General on conversion. They might even retire you when you before you get to that level. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by emmanuel4fire: 7:57am On Jul 02, 2013
dmajesticjoe: Gud AM housemate. I have this frriend who made a first class 4rm a reputable first generation University in Nigerian and he's currently woking as an academic staff of d University but he's seriously pursuing dis military job because of d passion he has for d military, his salary is currently abt a 100k. Pls could dis man be making any mistake?
If that's where his passion is tell him to pursue it with one eye. He should keep his eyes on the university job while pursuing the military till he gets it right.
Seat him and counsel him. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by mcsoj82(m): 7:59am On Jul 02, 2013
...nice one bro, God bless
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by femredhead: 8:01am On Jul 02, 2013
Conversion of DSSC to Regular is very easy ! ! One of frds join Nigerian Airforce in 2006,he converted and gt promotion in 2011.....He is now in Mali with the troop ! Dont say wot u dnt knw,when we join dem nw,we go ao dis is done !
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by xykms101: 8:11am On Jul 02, 2013
Be that as it may, it must be pointed out that eligibility for appointment to the post of Chief of Army Staff has not always been limited to officers with Regular Combatant Commissions. Indeed, a turnover of officers who enlisted into the Nigerian Army with Short Service Combatant Commissions (albeit later regularised by conversion) was recorded. These included Major General MC Alli (SSC 2), Major General Alwali Kazir (SSC 3) and Lieutenant General Ishaya Rizi Bamaiyi (SSC 4)

For more info chk this link but don't be a lazy reader.

http://beegeagle./2012/09/14/nigerian-army-are-regular-course-25-officers-being-groomed-for-the-ultimate-command-appointment/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (203) (Reply)

Fidelity Bank Recruitment For Graduate Trainee 2017 (Bsc And HND Only) / Diamond Bank Test / The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.