Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,686 members, 7,820,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? (41721 Views)

Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed / Awolowo Was Driven By An Overriding Ambition For Power-chinua Achebe / What Did Goodluck Actually Do In Bayelsa State? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by OneNaira6: 9:40pm On Mar 23, 2013
htajz: achebe[b] is one positive news from or about nigeria ,we are hardly on the news for anything good.[/b] soyinka would have been the same but dam that guy introduced cultism into nigerian schools the atrocities these cultist commit is just too much.

thank you. for the first time since i moved to usa that I'm seeing about nigeria on news and it has nothing negative about it yet people that are known to attention seeking in everything, out of their usual notice me behavior wants to change that. mschewww

as for soyinka. he has his wrongdoing but he's a great man. he command respect from many. maybe one day, he might explain the reason for the cultism act.
Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by Eziachi: 9:42pm On Mar 23, 2013
dayokanu:

Your people in this context means the Ibo people Biafrans
I am Igbo and there are no people anywhere in Africa called Ibo, and not in Biafra that I knew. ACHEBE is an African Icon of good repute, and that is why from China to Europe or America, all humans that matters are talking about his death, the day you or me dies and there was such a trend, you can come back for this chat chat.

4 Likes

Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 9:44pm On Mar 23, 2013
Eziachi:
In that case, you need to go back to your book and re-educate yourself, because Bianca Onoh was already many years into her crown as miss Nigeria before she got married to Ikemba, unless Nigeria was guilty too of crowing an underage person a beauty queen.

And where I comes from you don't call someone close to 30 years of age an underage girl. This what desperation causes, you start to reason like......

Ojuku was already sleeping with Bianca when she was under aged he only waited to formally marry her.
Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 9:45pm On Mar 23, 2013
Eziachi:
I am Igbo and there are no people anywhere in Africa called Ibo, and not in Biafra that I knew.

Well I guess Achebe who described his people as Ibo in his own books must have been wrong

Azikwe also described the people of eastern Nigeria as Ibos

So why the denial
Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by Eziachi: 9:47pm On Mar 23, 2013
dayokanu:

Ojuku was already sleeping with Bianca when she was under aged he only waited to formally marry her.
You must have know then, because you were there holding lamp for them, in your paedo-life club.
I wasn't there. You can tell us more, since you were an eye witness.

5 Likes

Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by Eziachi: 9:48pm On Mar 23, 2013
dayokanu:

Well I guess Achebe who described his people as Ibo in his own books must have been wrong

Azikwe also described the people of eastern Nigeria as Ibos

So why the denial
So you have read his book then? Where you drunk or sober at the time? If tell that my name is Okonkwo, it will be foolish of you to say it isn't or that I am denying it. Surely you can't know about my name more than me.
Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by EkoIle1: 9:49pm On Mar 23, 2013
real ibo people don't say igbo, they say ibo. Even ojuku used ibo.

3 Likes

Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by Eziachi: 9:51pm On Mar 23, 2013
Eko Ile: real ibo people don't say igbo, they say ibo. Even ojuku used ibo.
Your own case is a different kettle. Is it your spelling prowess or just some personal issues?

2 Likes

Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 9:53pm On Mar 23, 2013
Eziachi:
So you have read his book then? Where you drunk or sober at the time? If tell that my name is Okonkwo, it will be foolish of you to say it isn't or that I am denying it. Surely you can't know about my name more than me.

Are you saying Achebe, Ojuku or Azikwe dont know the name of their tribe?

Well those icons called it Ibo. So Its perfectly normal for people from Eastern Nigeria to be called Iboz
Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by Eziachi: 9:57pm On Mar 23, 2013
dayokanu:

Are you saying Achebe, Ojuku or Azikwe dont know the name of their tribe?

Well those icons called it Ibo. So Its perfectly normal for people from Eastern Nigeria to be called Iboz
Some black people in America call each other Nigga. There no people in America known as such. I shouldn't be educating you on non issue about my own name. You can accept whatever you want to accept, its a non issue for me. Your problem, not mine.
Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by OneNaira6: 9:57pm On Mar 23, 2013
dayokanu:

So Chief Onoh didnt know about Ibo culture or he wasnt Ibo thats why Ojuku was able to molest his daughter without his consent?. Nollywood is your reference? never knew I was talking to a rettard Soon Catoon network and Sesame street would be your reference morron

stupid1ty once more. continue showing us why noone on this forum respect you and I'll say it once more at this your damn age. Go back and reeducate yourself. Bianca onoh was her 30's or close to it at least when she married ojukwu. their marriage was consenual. Their sexual life was consenual. incase you don't know the meaning of molestation, you don't molest someone that's agrees to sleep and be with you. then again, maybe you've never experience such thus the difficult of you to know the difference. if that's the reality, what a damn shame of your life. Lastly onoh disapproved of his daughter dating ojukwu but later in life approved of it hence bianca and her family are not estranged from eachother. ojukwu and her father still remained friends till one died. if her dad wanted the marriage not go through, he can easily disallowed it. the reason i mentioned nollywood and with the emphasis even nollolywood shows you this sh1t, is that if u r too stu1d to read about it, too lazy and tribalistic to notice it in real life, then even the mf movie industry actually teaches you that. smh of course not I'm not suprised you didn't get it. continue proving every perspective everyone have of you correct.

4 Likes

Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by Eziachi: 10:05pm On Mar 23, 2013
dayokanu:

You mean you still cant tell us what makes Awolowo a tribalist?

Its like asking what makes Ojuku a pedphille and you cant mention one single act other than "Everyone knows Ojuku is a peedo" Is that supposed to be evidence?

Have you considered adult education? It would go a long way
Never mind what Awolowo or Ojukwu is-as they are both inconsequential dead men now.
Tell us about yourself and your present race. When has Yoruba as a nation ever voted overwhelmingly for any candidate who isn't one of them in any Nigerian election? When you come up with even half example, we can carry on from there.

5 Likes

Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 10:07pm On Mar 23, 2013
Eziachi:
Never mind what Awolowo or Ojukwu is-as they are both inconsequential dead men now.
Tell us about yourself and your present race. When has Yoruba as a nation ever voted overwhelmingly for any candidate who isn't one of them in any Nigerian election? When you come up with even half example, we can carry on from there.

Yorubas voted Yar Adua/Jonathan ticket in 2007. And none of these people were yoruba men

Can you tell us why the Ibo race has always voted the conservative pro establishment candidates since 1960 while moaning about the same establishment cheating them

3 Likes

Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by EkoIle1: 10:13pm On Mar 23, 2013
Eziachi:
Your own case is a different kettle. Is it your spelling prowess or just some personal issues?

Your rubbish post doesn't change the fact that ibo people and their leaders use ibo instead of igbo so you are not saying anything but making useless noise. The problem with many of you new lost tribe of ibo people is hour lack of sense of history, culture and belonging..

Y'all need to get it together.

3 Likes

Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by Eziachi: 10:17pm On Mar 23, 2013
Eko Ile:

Your rubbish post doesn't change the fact that ibo people and their leaders use ibo instead of igbo so you are not saying anything but making useless noise. The problem with many of you new lost tribe of ibo people is hour lack of sense of history, culture and belonging..

Y'all need to get it together.
I take it its not spelling issues but personal issues? Thanks and good luck with that.

4 Likes

Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by Bobandgreat: 10:17pm On Mar 23, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]
dayokanu:

Yorubas voted Yar Adua/Jonathan ticket in 2007. And none of these people were yoruba men

Can you tell us why the Ibo race has always voted the conservative pro establishment candidates since 1960 while moaning about the same establishment cheating them

My brother everybody voted for Abiola in the election he won before ur master from Hausa/Fulani cancelled the election. This was after aAbiola said on newspaper that he could win without Igbos votes as if Igbos didnt matter. Igbos went ahead and voted for him.
2007 was no election. Yaradua was imposed on us by OBJ. Our votes didnt count. If u want to tslk about free election, then talk about 2011 election. Yorubas didnt vote for Jonathan, but when he won much to their chagrin, they started claiming they voted for him. They have been fighting him with the help of their masters since then.

Once again the question still begs for answer, when have the Yorubas ever voted for anyone that is devoid of bigotry and selfishness.

2 Likes

Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by EkoIle1: 10:23pm On Mar 23, 2013
Eziachi:
I take it its not spelling issues but personal issues? Thanks and good luck with that.

You are obviously admiting or insinuating that your people and leaders have spelling and personal issues.
Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by Eziachi: 10:24pm On Mar 23, 2013
dayokanu:

No you didn't vote for Yar Adua, as you were busy toying with Atiku Abubakar and there was no Yoruba serious ticket. By the time you made up your mind, the election is over.
In 2011, you didn't vote Jonathan too, as again, you were busy toying this time with Buhari, in the end many of you boycotted the election, those who took money from GEJ went and make their vote useless, the drunk one voted for Ribadu, in the end your vote becomes inconsequential.

So Yar Adua and Jonathan, not there. Give me another name and this time remember that I said overwhelmingly, not one vote there and half over there. The sort of support you gave Awo, Abiola, even OBJ you hated more than a cow dung.

5 Likes

Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by BlackPikiN(m): 10:25pm On Mar 23, 2013
kettykin:

I am not on sheppe, but i noticed that in the course of that time a Fulani man was the mayor of Enugu and an [size=15pt]Oguta man was the Mayor of Port harcourt[/size] but all that changed when Awolowo invented Tribalim in to the Nigerian Politics.

If AZikiwe who was living, working and paying tax in Yoruba land was not allowed to contest and win premiership position which he qualified for then what does that imply.

Obama even though fathered by a Kenyan today is the president of America, the Bush Brothers George W Bush and Jeb Bush at a time were Governors of Texas and Florida, while an Austrian immigrant Arnold schwarzenegger became the Governor of the biggest state in America California .

Nigeria would have been like this but for a bigot and the inventor of tribalism Awolowo

PhysicsQED: "You mentioned Umaru Altine, the first Lord Mayor of Enugu. Many people just mention the name but they don’t know how a Fulani man became the first Mayor of Enugu. Can you explain it? These days, people are harassed and killed in parts of the country, and they have no right to be elected or get jobs outside their states of origin, especially in the North?

It will interest you to know that Malam Umaru Altine was not appointed. He was elected Mayor of Enugu two times. Malam Umaru Altine was the Vice Chairman of the NCNC Youth Association at Enugu. He identified with the NCNC as a political party. During elections NCNC decided to nominate him at Coal Camp where he lived. He contested and won the election in the same manner as we did that kind of thing in many places. After what happened at Ibadan and the crisis it precipitated in the East, Altine was fully involved with us. He was arrested with me as I told you, and we were imprisoned together. That was in 1952. I shared the same prison cell with him and one Ernest Obianwu and one Akunne Nwanolue, and one Okeke, a blacksmith from Awka.Later, one M. E. Ogon from Ogoja later came and joined us. When Altine won the election, we decided that this man did not see himself as a Fulani man but a nationalist. And we NCNC we believe in one Nigeria. So, let him be the Mayor of Enugu. In the same manner, John Umoru, from Etsako in today’s Edo State which was then in the Western Region, was presented by the NCNC as a candidate for the House of Assembly, and he won to represent Port Harcourt in the Eastern Nigerian House of Assembly. Later, Zik appointed him as Parliamentary Secretary to the Premier. That was the way we saw Nigeria at that time. When the Eastern House of Chiefs was constituted Malam Umaru Yushau, the Sarkin Hausawa or chief of the Hausas at Onitsha, was elected as a member of the Eastern House of Chiefs. He was there until the military coups of 1966.I must mention that a year or two before the coup, the Sardauna of Sokoto and Premier of Northern Region, reciprocated our gesture by appointing one Felix Okonkwo, then known as “Okonkwo Kano”, as a special member of the Northern House of Chiefs. He was the leader of the Igbo State Union, which was very strong. It had Igbo State primary and secondary schools everywhere, including the North." - Chief Mbazulike Amechi

This happened elsewhere as well. For example, Chike Nwafor Ekwuyasi was elected to represent Benin in the Western House of Assembly in the 50s even though he was born in another area. I think that if not for the events of the 60s, Nigerians would have eventually got over this settler/indigene thing or they would have at least made much more progress on it than they have today.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/02/how-the-colonial-masters-empowered-the-north-%E2%80%94-chief-mbazulike-amechi/

Some people in Nigeria spoilt everything.

3 Likes

Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by Eziachi: 10:26pm On Mar 23, 2013
Eko Ile:

You are obviously admiting or insinuating that your people and leaders have spelling and personal issues.
No. I meant just you at the moment.
Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 10:28pm On Mar 23, 2013
Eziachi:
No you didn't vote for Yar Adua, as you were busy toying with Atiku Abubakar and there was no Yoruba serious ticket. By the time you made up your mind, the election is over.
In 2011, you didn't vote Jonathan too, as again, you were busy toying this time with Buhari, in the end many of you boycotted the election, those who took money from GEJ went and make their vote useless, the drunk one voted for Ribadu, in the end your vote becomes inconsequential.

So Yar Adua and Jonathan, not there. Give me another name and this time remember that I said overwhelmingly, not one vote there and half over there. The sort of support you gave Awo, Abiola, even OBJ you hated more than a cow dung.

SO Yorubas didnt know when elections was going to take place that they couldnt make up their minds before election was over

LOL

Keep deluding yourself

Tell us anytime Ibos have always voted the conservative Northern controlled party ever since 1960

Either NPC NPN, NRC or PDP

1 Like

Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 10:29pm On Mar 23, 2013
Bobandgreat: [color=#000099][/color]

My brother everybody voted for Abiola in the election he won before ur master from Hausa/Fulani cancelled the election. This was after aAbiola said on newspaper that he could win without Igbos votes as if Igbos didnt matter. Igbos went ahead and voted for him.
2007 was no election. Yaradua was imposed on us by OBJ. Our votes didnt count. If u want to tslk about free election, then talk about 2011 election. Yorubas didnt vote for Jonathan, but when he won much to their chagrin, they started claiming they voted for him. They have been fighting him with the help of their masters since then.

Once again the question still begs for answer, when have the Yorubas ever voted for anyone that is devoid of bigotry and selfishness.

No Ibos didnt vote for Abiola. They voted for their hausa overlord Bashir Tofa and his sidekick Sylvester Ugo

1 Like

Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by Eziachi: 10:37pm On Mar 23, 2013
dayokanu:

SO Yorubas didnt know when elections was going to take place that they couldnt make up their minds before election was over

LOL

Keep deluding yourself

Tell us anytime Ibos have always voted the conservative Northern controlled party ever since 1960

Either NPC NPN, NRC or PDP
Of course Yorubas knew when the election was to take place, but when you are so indecisive because non of the big choices on the ballot talk your talk, everything pass over you so quickly.
I thought Igbos voted for Yar Adua overwhemingly, 50% they gave to Tofa in1993, now its your turn, when was yours ever, not last time?
Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by BlackPikiN(m): 10:37pm On Mar 23, 2013
dayokanu:

No Ibos didnt vote for Abiola. They voted for their hausa overlord Bashir Tofa and his sidekick Sylvester Ugo

Who was Gowon's sidekick?

1 Like

Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by Eziachi: 10:39pm On Mar 23, 2013
dayokanu:

It shows you knew nothing about what you talking about or be driven by tribal sentiment as always, because I remember MKO winning in Anambra, Enugu and Tofa winning in Imo and Abia and Abiola not far behind. How old were you in 1993? And who was Abacha and Gowon's sidekicks and who want to be Buhari sidekick in 2015? think first before you say all this things.

3 Likes

Re: Did Chinua Achebe Actually Do Anything To Promote Development In Nigeria? by Bobandgreat: 10:45pm On Mar 23, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]
dayokanu:

What u r saying now is tantamount to saying that Igbos will vote APC because of Buhari/Okorocha ticket. Just because u have Okorocha there does not mean Igbos will vote for them. They know there is no progress in that in union. Moreover Rochas is free to belong to sny party he likes but that doesnt mean the whole Igbos will follow him. Igbos dont follow people like that, we would prefer Soyinka as president to Rochas right now. If Tinubu was an Igbo man, he would have dissapeared into oblivion instead of being a political god for some people. Tinubu is a thief and should not be relevant to u people for Christ's sake. Nothing good can ever come out of him. It will only look good but it will be deadly. All that glitters is not gold. Igbos rejected Andy Uba and his brother Chris because they see them as theives, borrow a leaf from Igbos and life will be better for us.

Once again when have Yorubas ever voted for anyone that is devoid of bigotry and sefishness.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply)

Buhari Administration: Two Months, Failed Promises, Zero Success... / APC Picks Yahaya Bello As Audu's Replacement / "Aisha Buhari, Better Return Before Someone Else Takes Over The Other Room"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.