Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,022 members, 7,814,498 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Male Or Female Friends, Who Do U Have More? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Male Or Female Friends, Who Do U Have More? (2812 Views)

How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? / How To Deal With Friends Who Always Want To Come Over? / During Hug Who Benefit More,male Or Female? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Male Or Female Friends, Who Do U Have More? by Islander(f): 2:25pm On Apr 02, 2008
cool topic, Well I have ONE and ONLY female (have a few associates though) who I can honestly say defines a friend.  The others are ALL MALES, I guess this resulted from growing up in a house populated by men siblings,

As someone earlier mentioned, girls are synonymous with drama,
Re: Male Or Female Friends, Who Do U Have More? by DaJunta(m): 2:55pm On Apr 02, 2008
male,
Re: Male Or Female Friends, Who Do U Have More? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Apr 02, 2008
Girls are not synonymous to drama, maybe you guys should check yourselves
Re: Male Or Female Friends, Who Do U Have More? by damola1: 7:24pm On Apr 02, 2008
I don't keep friends strictly paddies because plain truth is all man for himself, however, I have a few I can sell my house for.

But frankly 95% males,  most females are crooks, guys are more straightforward, and you can easily detect their game, but for ladies, you are long gone before you know whats up,  unless of course you always review actions/reactions regularly.

But can't do without them, so wouldn't mind having fun with ladies casually, but would certainly prefer friendship with guys,  one can trust them more.

Meanwhile, if we keenly look at the problem with Nigeria, it's most likely that 90% of it is associated with women either directly or indirectly, it's either they advise their husbands or boys are stealing to satisfy them, but as always can't do without them!
Re: Male Or Female Friends, Who Do U Have More? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Apr 02, 2008
Meanwhile, if we keenly look at the problem with Nigeria, it's most likely that 90% of it is associated with women either directly or indirectly, it's either they advise their husbands or boys are stealing to satisfy them, but as always can't do without them!

Oga damola1, let the guys take responsibility for their actions and stop this blame game, it's too childish for me. Are you guys babies that you don't know what's wrong and right?
Re: Male Or Female Friends, Who Do U Have More? by Islander(f): 9:13pm On Apr 02, 2008
When the f.uck did someone's opinions become the gospel? Again, Girls = Drama, Those who have a problem with that can go jump off the lagoon,
Re: Male Or Female Friends, Who Do U Have More? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Apr 02, 2008
There's no need to go into a rage, too childish
Re: Male Or Female Friends, Who Do U Have More? by Zandra1(f): 12:03am On Apr 03, 2008
Seems to me like almost everyone thinks that females are drama. If females are drama then it means that quite a nos of guys on this 'dramaland' are females posing as guys. LMGAO cheesy. Way too many drama I tell ya cheesy. I know some guys will be sharpening their knives and gathering up big stones to stone me but I will kill y'all first b/f y'all get to me. *Chewing my kettle corn like a lady and smiling mischievously*. Tihehe cheesy cheesy.

@ topic, I have only 2 female friends that I trust while the rest of my closest friends are guys. I have female associates though. The problem with some females is that they pretend way too much and I effing hate that. I know some casual female friends that even when they are boning '100' guys they would be pretending and calling others sluts. I know that the mentality of many Nigerians is that women should all be virgins but heck, if u eff and dont wunna talk about it, pls let others that eff enjoy themselves peacefully (as long as cheating isnt involved). A guy will manage to bone only 1 girl in a year and tell u he boned '300' girls but some girls will bone '300' guys a year and swear that they would remain virgins till they get married. Quite pathetic.

Also, I have more of guys as friends b/c though they might flirt with me at times, they (at least my guy friends) dont compete for attention like some foolish girls would. They dont degrade each other all in the name of seeking my (or a beautiful girl's) attention. I can be myself with them and say whatever I wunna say without anyone drawing in a sharp breath or gasping for air beside me. They are very fun and cool to hang out with. They would help u genuinely when u have problem without announcing it to the whole world. They can be very honest with u once they're comfortable with u. My 2 female friends are cool like the guys.
Re: Male Or Female Friends, Who Do U Have More? by Sisikill: 12:10pm On Apr 03, 2008
I grew up with four brothers, who have friends, who also have friends, so at one time or the other in my life, I have at least 6 guys around me, so I know how or at least I think I know how they think so or what makes them tick and how to deal with them. Some people. . .girls (the very few I have) have told me this is a bad thing because having male friends changes your whole perspective on how the male-female relationship is conducted. . .they might be right but I have never gotten a midnight call from any of my friends weeping hysterical like the world is about to end because they just found their girlfriend cheating on them nor do I have to play nurse maid to a broken heart eventhough everybody around knew that relationship would not last. I have never had friends, who after introducing me to their new love decide to avoid me. . .until the relationship pafukas or just entirely stop talking because (and i swear on my grandmother's grave these are not my words)they know once their new love meet me, they will be history (Insecure Bitches) nor do I have to deal with friends going behind my back and saying "That lagbaja ehn,  you don't know who she really is" and when you confront them they tell right into your face "Lagbaja me? say that about you. . .A l l a h kiaye" Snaps fingers over their heads 3 times and spit

. . . .Wait what the question again oh right which do you have more of Male or Female friends? Without a doubt. . . .MALE!!!!! They don't hold grudges over an imagined slight, They have my back any day any time and the most I've ever had to do for them is pretend I am their girlfriend because some desperado refuses to take the hint. I shouldn't even call that a favor because get immense pleasere out of it. Does that make me a traitor  my gender? Puh-lease! I don't give a rats's behind. grin
Re: Male Or Female Friends, Who Do U Have More? by Sisikill: 12:28pm On Apr 03, 2008
Zandra1:

Seems to me like almost everyone thinks that females are drama. If females are drama then it means that quite a nos of guys on this 'dramaland' are females posing as guys. LMGAO cheesy. Way too many drama I tell ya cheesy. I know some guys will be sharpening their knives and gathering up big stones to stone me but I will kill y'all first b/f y'all get to me. *Chewing my kettle corn like a lady and smiling mischievously*. Tihehe cheesy cheesy

Tee heee hee. . .
Re: Male Or Female Friends, Who Do U Have More? by Sisikill: 12:46pm On Apr 03, 2008
I used to have more of female friends .
I realised i had to put an end to it when it began to affect my relationship.

a lady will tell you she's just a friend yet compete with your girl for everything.

My present girl was once my best friend.

She smartly outplayed my girl and took charge of everything.

My  former girl is gone because she just could not handle it.

I am, sorry for myself because i never had the slightest smell the danger.

Hi there,
Could you please clarify how she smartly outplayed your girl and took charge. . .of what? I don't want to assume you mean she smartly took charge of YOU and that YOU stayed after discovering out what an "outmarting player" she is. I refuse to believe it. . .Lol, I mean that would just be plain silly, it's not like you are an inanimate object without feelings or a brain of his own to makes his choices. So please if it's not too much of a bother, can you tell us what she took charge of. . .was it your girlfriend's favorite shoes? Her Purse or maybe her car. If it's the car. . . Now I can see how that would be upsetting, I mean the poor girl save money to buy a nice car and then someone from nowhere just comes and takes charge of it. The nerve of some people, ehn.
Re: Male Or Female Friends, Who Do U Have More? by iice(f): 1:01pm On Apr 03, 2008
Hmmm sisikill. . .we have very similar experiences undecided
Re: Male Or Female Friends, Who Do U Have More? by desodgi(m): 1:28pm On Apr 03, 2008
Male friends ~ Limited
Female friendz ~ Unlimited, so babes dont get jealous if you end up being Mrs adesodgi cos I gat loads of female pals ammassing themselves to me cheesy

Aka Oshomo gbomofo cheesy
Re: Male Or Female Friends, Who Do U Have More? by Sisikill: 2:10pm On Apr 03, 2008
iice
Lol. . .you don't sound too enthusiastic about that! I'm cool people honest. . . Just ask all of my many, many girlfriends. grin
Re: Male Or Female Friends, Who Do U Have More? by iice(f): 4:13pm On Apr 03, 2008
Sisikill. . .many female friends indeed grin
I can deal with some females so long as we 'get' each other and we understand our boundaries grin
Re: Male Or Female Friends, Who Do U Have More? by Dreloaded(f): 4:15pm On Apr 03, 2008
what boundaries? tongue
Re: Male Or Female Friends, Who Do U Have More? by iice(f): 4:29pm On Apr 03, 2008
If you start crying all over the place. . .please stay where you are undecided
I don't want to hear gibberish about how he did this, how she did that, how this is that, blah blah grin undecided
Re: Male Or Female Friends, Who Do U Have More? by arianne(f): 11:26pm On Apr 03, 2008
definitely more male friends. could use their good company and attention without worries of gossips and envy.
Re: Male Or Female Friends, Who Do U Have More? by Dreloaded(f): 11:26pm On Apr 03, 2008
what kind of friendship is it where a girl cant talk to her friends about her relationship or problems?
Re: Male Or Female Friends, Who Do U Have More? by 4Him(m): 11:39pm On Apr 03, 2008
Males - a lot of acquaintances and a select circle of buddies.
Female - if u need someone who will listen to u, give u genuine advice without judging you then a female is the place to go. The only problem with this situation is that most often than not you may end up with the unpleasant task of having to tell her she doesnt mean much more than a close friend to you.
Re: Male Or Female Friends, Who Do U Have More? by arianne(f): 11:42pm On Apr 03, 2008
my dear, times are tough but tofa is tougher. yeah, u can have a meaningful and dependable relationship as friends with females but it takes awhile becos women are sublime and can create a surface pesonality, once u guys can get past that phase she becomes like a sista to you, but with guys its easy .its either he's asking u out, dying to ask you out or as accepted his luck as a buddy . it makes the ride alot easier. besides, having guys around makes you learn a thing or two about the male folk.
Re: Male Or Female Friends, Who Do U Have More? by 4Him(m): 11:50pm On Apr 03, 2008
arianne:

my dear, times are tough but tofa is tougher. yeah, u can have a meaningful and dependable relationship as friends with females but it takes awhile because women are sublime and can create a surface pesonality, once u guys can get past that phase she becomes like a sista to you, but with guys its easy .its either he's asking u out, dying to ask you out or as accepted his luck as a buddy . it makes the ride alot easier. besides, having guys around makes you learn a thing or two about the male folk.

maybe the guys u've been meeting. There are tons of guys who are only interested in you as a buddy. Been down that road before . . .
Re: Male Or Female Friends, Who Do U Have More? by arianne(f): 11:54pm On Apr 03, 2008
what can i say, just my luck. cheesy
Re: Male Or Female Friends, Who Do U Have More? by Sisikill: 12:09am On Apr 04, 2008
iice
100% agree. I'm sorry but "I don't do well with the whiny, crying, oh my God, my life is about to end because he left me" type of girls. Don't get me wrong. . .I will be sympathetic but I absolutely would not do the cuddling like a baby thing.

On a funny note, I noticed you used the word FEMALE friend instead of GIRL friend and I had to laugh coz reading my own post again. . .I kinda sorta sounded like. . .you know. . .not that there's anything wrong with it. Oy! May this society not run us crazy with politcal correctness.

D-Reloaded
Lol. . .no, no that's not what we're saying. I mean it's not like they can't discuss their relationship problems but let's be honest, you know there are some girls who live for that kinda drama, who get overly emotional for everything and expect you to cater to them every single time and you are like "Aww, Jeez here we go again" or at least I am. cheesy

I have gone to battles on behalf of a couple of friends. . .the ones I know are not doing it for the attention of being the damsel in distress.

Another thing is when they expect me to feel what they are feeling when they are feeling. . .I don't know if it makes sense but sometimes I get the feeling that we're all supposed to be in this sister hood frame of mind and by not being in tune with their feelings. . .I'm a traitor of some kind. *shrugs*

Why we can't have our individual feelings is beyond me.
Re: Male Or Female Friends, Who Do U Have More? by Nobody: 12:35am On Apr 04, 2008

Of course we can have individual feelings especially when you pick sensible friends.
Re: Male Or Female Friends, Who Do U Have More? by Sisikill: 12:47am On Apr 04, 2008
@ stillwater
Rotflmao. . .Ha Ah! I KNEW there was nothing wrong with me cheesy but when I try to tell them they are senseless. . .they think I'm being insulting. What's a girl to do, eh?

[Size=7pt]I'm only joking about telling they are senseless oh, I'd never do that. Honest [/size]

As much as it pains me to say this. . .especially in a forum where the guys already think women are the devil incarnate (just joking guys. . .I know you love us), Women are their own worst enemies. The moment they see another woman moving up or doing better, the instinct to bring them down kicks in. . .I don't get it. As annoying as guys can be, you have to admit, they like one another. The camaraderie amongst them is a thing of beaut. Sometimes, I look at my brothers and their friends or my guy friends and their other guy friends and wonder why it can't be like that with women. The only females I can say I feel that way about are my sisters and cousins.
Re: Male Or Female Friends, Who Do U Have More? by yemivictor: 10:16am On Apr 04, 2008
Sisikill:

As much as it pains me to say this. . .especially in a forum where the guys already think women are the devil incarnate (just joking guys. . .I know you love us), Women are their own worst enemies. The moment they see another woman moving up or doing better, the instinct to bring them down kicks in. . .I don't get it. As annoying as guys can be, you have to admit, they like one another. The camaraderie amongst them is a thing of beaut. Sometimes, I look at my brothers and their friends or my guy friends and their other guy friends and wonder why it can't be like that with women. The only females I can say I feel that way about are my sisters and cousins.

While admitting that women are their own worst enemies!

I have to say that the "pull him/her down syndrome" is a natural human instinct that stems from competition or competitiveness!!

In addition, the bible says the heart of man i.e. both genders, is wicked!!!

So, add that all up & you get the phd syndrome, LOL! grin
Re: Male Or Female Friends, Who Do U Have More? by iice(f): 1:15pm On Apr 04, 2008
Sisikill:

iice
100% agree. I'm sorry but "I don't do well with the whiny, crying, oh my God, my life is about to end because he left me" type of girls. Don't get me wrong. . .I will be sympathetic but I absolutely would not do the cuddling like a baby thing.

On a funny note, I noticed you used the word FEMALE friend instead of GIRL friend and I had to laugh because reading my own post again. . .I kind of sorta sounded like. . .you know. . .not that there's anything wrong with it. Oy! May this society not run us crazy with politcal correctness.

D-Reloaded
Lol. . .no, no that's not what we're saying. I mean it's not like they can't discuss their relationship problems but let's be honest, you know there are some girls who live for that kind of drama, who get overly emotional for everything and expect you to cater to them every single time and you are like "Aww, Jeez here we go again" or at least I am. cheesy

I have gone to battles on behalf of a couple of friends. . .the ones I know are not doing it for the attention of being the damsel in distress.

Another thing is when they expect me to feel what they are feeling when they are feeling. . .I don't know if it makes sense but sometimes I get the feeling that we're all supposed to be in this sister hood frame of mind and by not being in tune with their feelings. . .I'm a traitor of some kind. *shrugs*

Oh thank you!! tongue Like i said very similar experiences grin grin
The worse is those who do the same nonsense thing over and over and over. . .even as they get older, the wiser is not happening. Mehnnnn its like gimme a break!! Do you have to do this 100 hundred times before you 'get' it? undecided
I know that males have emotions unlike what we think, but if they have a problem and you talk with them. Most of them don't go on a rollercoaster of emotions that leaves you thinking 'Da heck'? at the end of the talk. Females?? I tire jare. B4 you know it, they have turned on you as you are trying to give some advice or your thoughts on the problem. If they disagree with you, instead of saying so, the blame will sort of shift to you.

I tell you, only my sis and a few female friends, i go fight for them. . .but ma sis no need help, she's an amazon on her own tongue I have been lucky so far in my female friends. . .we know where we stand. I had this experience of some girls, i used to roll with, all of a sudden, the crab mentality syndrome started happening and they started 'hating' on me without me even knowing why?. . .hehehe like say i go die if them no be my friends? undecided My motto has always been "No be by force". . .life too short!!!
Re: Male Or Female Friends, Who Do U Have More? by enque(f): 5:40pm On Apr 04, 2008
male friends!!!
some girls tend to have so many issues which dont make sense to me
Re: Male Or Female Friends, Who Do U Have More? by tRoOE(f): 7:31pm On Apr 04, 2008
Omo Eko love! grin

In which category do i fall into now!? cheesy

Friend or associate!!? wink

LMAO! grin grin grin

Leave my name out of your mouth

Who is your love angry

Have told you countless times to leave me the Bleep alone, abi na by force angry angry angry

Re: Male Or Female Friends, Who Do U Have More? by chiegemba(f): 9:56pm On Apr 04, 2008
thinkin about it  . . . .  funny enough didnt even realize that . . .  "more male than female friends". . . .  wonderin y? although d few female r well cherished wink
Re: Male Or Female Friends, Who Do U Have More? by almondjoy(f): 11:10pm On Apr 04, 2008
chiegemba:

thinkin about it . . . . funny enough didnt even realize that . . . "more male than female friends". . . . wonderin y? although d few female r well cherished wink

Because you can't go wrong with them guys as compared to the "gender of two faced serpents"! tongue

Did not mean to ignore you on the other thread that was dutifully locked. I am doing great and never felt better as a marrrrrrrrer of fact. As you can see ma posts are in the thousands and some are so jealous since I am not dead yet. grin

Later ma love. . . . of to go "lerax" for the Freaky Friday Night. Not happening on Narialand tonight. I made some "concrete conga" plans!

Be good as always. Miss you bunches! kiss

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Revenge Is So Sweet / Abeg Make Una Help Me Judge This Matter / How Many Ladies Can Do This? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.