Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,190 members, 7,822,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? (5302 Views)

Sex Before Marriage Or Sex After Marriage? / 6 Foods Every Nigerian Woman Is Expected To Know How To Cook. / 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Indulge In Sex Before Marriage- Danceville (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by 4C2215131: 12:41pm On Jan 11, 2016
Well, folks of both sexes keep tossing words back and forth about the 'good' and 'bad' female or male and such.

So I wonder, how many guys can a girl date prior to settling down for her not to be regarded as wayward in her single years, same applies to the chaps.

We should remember some females are just not lucky in love and some cool chaps keep hooking up with Jezebels and Delilahs. So when the figures come in she's been found to have dated 10 fellas prior to meeting her current beau while he' s being through 15 members of the fairer sex before hooking up with the one he currently calls his.

Now does this make this lady and gent individuals that have lived promiscuous lives prior to settling down? What's your take? Quite a relative situation in my opinion if ever there was any.
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jan 11, 2016
As many as he/she can in other to gain more experience.. Anything dat has disadvantage has advantage as well
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by obiorathesubtle: 12:46pm On Jan 11, 2016
None! A good person should not date before marriage.
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by 4C2215131: 12:49pm On Jan 11, 2016
Ighoga898:
As many as he/she can in other to gain more experience.. Anything dat has disadvantage has advantage as well

I see, but should you find out your significant other dated say 15 guys while trying to 'gain experience' would it go down well with you? Just a question, you know. Please be candid.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by 4C2215131: 12:51pm On Jan 11, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
None! A good person should not date before marriage.

So you espouse the philosophy of total abstinence from relationship prior to marriage? Don't you think maybe one needs a little hands-on experience in a matter that may decide his/her happiness for a long time to come? Just a question as I'd appreciate your reason(s) for your stance.
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jan 11, 2016
i almost had a car accident this instant. damn my heart is breaking out....

1 Like

Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by obiorathesubtle: 12:56pm On Jan 11, 2016
4C2215131:

So you espouse the philosophy of total abstinence from relationship prior to marriage? Don't you think maybe one needs a little hands-on experience in a matter that may decide his/her happiness for a long time to come? Just a question as I'd appreciate your reason(s) for your stance.
you said "good".. Experience doesn't matter for a "good" person.. After all.. virgins are "good" people.. And the best way to keep your virginity is to not engage in courting or whatever.
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by 4C2215131: 1:05pm On Jan 11, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
you said "good".. Experience doesn't matter for a "good" person.. After all.. virgins are "good" people.. And the best way to keep your virginity is to not engage in courting or whatever.

Your definition of 'good' seems to exclude pre-marital sex. Notice I used the term "Lovers" and not boyfriend or girlfriend. It was intentionally done in anticipation of your retort.

This being said, I meant a relationship with its sexual corolllary. Hoping you understand.
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jan 11, 2016
4C2215131:

I see, but should you find out your significant other dated say 15 guys while trying to 'gain experience' would it go down well with you? Just a question, you know. Please be candid.
i wouldn't mind because maybe she dated 15 probably because they weren't faithful to her... To me marrying someone without a lot of dating experience is an uphill task..
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by 4C2215131: 1:07pm On Jan 11, 2016
crotonite:

? Is this a literal statement or something else. If it is, thank heavens you're safe if it isn't what do you mean by it?

P.S. If it was literal, hope the post had nothing to do with it.
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by obiorathesubtle: 1:09pm On Jan 11, 2016
4C2215131:

Your definition of 'good' seems to exclude pre-marital sex. Notice I used the term "Lovers" and not boyfriend or girlfriend. It was intentionally done in anticipation of your retort.

This being said, I meant a relationship with its sexual corolllary. Hoping you understand.
then that changes a lot..
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by 4C2215131: 1:09pm On Jan 11, 2016
Ighoga898:

i wouldn't mind because maybe she dated 15 probably because they weren't faithful to her... To me marrying someone without a lot of dating experience is an uphill task..

Pardone me if I seem to be going for the jugular here, are you saying it means nothing to you if she's been bedded by 15 chaps on her journey to true love?
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jan 11, 2016
4C2215131:

Pardone me if I seem to be going for the jugular here, are you saying it means nothing to you if she's been bedded by 15 chaps on her journey to true love?
yes i don't mind
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by 4C2215131: 1:15pm On Jan 11, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
then that changes a lot..

How much change are we looking at here? I know its a tough but to crack hence my wondering G what folks think about the issue.

We are quick to call a lady a strumpet for dating several guys and term guys shameless he-hoats for hopping from gal to gal never minding that we do not know the circumstances that informed it.

So I was thinking that despite the circumstances, how far can you go in being 'undersatnding' when your partner tells you (or you find out) how many members of the opposite sex they've been with intimately
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by misspicy(f): 1:16pm On Jan 11, 2016
crotonite:
I bet you were pressing phone while walking on the road undecided

alaigboran omo
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by 4C2215131: 1:17pm On Jan 11, 2016
Ighoga898:

yes i don't mind

Wow, now that's a first. If you're male, I hope ladies are getting this. Here is a someone with a one of a kind mind. Thanks for coming through.
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jan 11, 2016
ONE
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jan 11, 2016
It does not matter.

JUST DO NOT SLEEP WITH ANY UNTIL YOUR WEDDING NIGHT!.

But if you do decide to sleep with any guy do not complain that ''men are dogs bla bla bla...'' if the relationship does not work out.
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by 4C2215131: 1:23pm On Jan 11, 2016
softappless:
ONE

Remember it applies to the guys too . One, hmmm
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by BuddhaPalm(m): 1:24pm On Jan 11, 2016
Below 10 for females.

But for a man, ideally, you need A LOT of experience to learn how to handle women grin.
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 11, 2016
4C2215131:

Remember it applies to the guys too . One, hmmm
yes guys especially needs only one.
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by 4C2215131: 1:27pm On Jan 11, 2016
AnakinSkywalker:

It does not matter.

JUST DO NOT SLEEP WITH ANY UNTIL YOUR WEDDING NIGHT!.

But if you do decide to sleep with any guy do not complain that ''men are dogs bla bla bla...'' if the relationship does not work out.

Very well, so, how many can a good girl legitimately sleep with? Remember she entered that relationship because she's in love (or thinks so) and out of the.love in her heart she just might give him some good 'old lovin'. Fast forward to six months later and it's over while a new chap is on the horizon.

I want us to be very realistic here. Pragmatism as opposed to Idealism.
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by Monalisa185(f): 1:27pm On Jan 11, 2016
as many as possible
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by 4C2215131: 1:29pm On Jan 11, 2016
BuddhaPalm:
Below 10 for females.

But for a man, ideally, you need A LOT of experience to learn how to handle women grin.

Look at this double standard wayorist! Lol
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by 4C2215131: 1:30pm On Jan 11, 2016
Monalisa185:
as many as possible

Even with the 'sex' caveat?
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jan 11, 2016
4C2215131:

Very well, so, how many can a food girl legitimately sleep with? Remember she entered that relationship because she's in love (or thinks so) and out of the.love in her heart she just might give him some good 'old lovin'. Fast forward to six monthsontha later and it's over while a new chap is on the horizon.

I want us to be very realistic here. Pragmatism aa opposed to Idealism.

I am realistic. Closing your legs is realistic.

If you fall for temptation that is realistic too.

If you both have sex it is also realistic.

When he leaves you after ''chopping'' it will be realistic too.

Keep relationships, keep guys as friends, go out on dates etc. But do not complain when you give in to sex. Realistically speaking.

The best way to have some dignity after he dumps you is if you did not give in to his lustful sexual advances. Realistically.
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by 4C2215131: 1:33pm On Jan 11, 2016
softappless:
yes guys especially needs only one.

Could you be so kind as to expantiate further if you have a lil time to spare.
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by 4C2215131: 1:37pm On Jan 11, 2016
AnakinSkywalker:

I am realistic. Closing your legs is realistic.

If you fall for temptation that is realistic too.

If you both have sex it is also realistic.

When he leaves you after ''chopping'' it will be realistic too.

Keep relationships, keep guys as friends, go out on dates etc. But do not complain when you give in to sex. Realistically speaking.

The best way to have some dignity after he dumps you is if you did not give in to his lustful sexual advances. Realistically.

Yes I get you but the post is addressing a sexual relationship. In the event that it has happened, how many sex partners can you condone your hubby as having irrespective of how it came about?

That is the Cruz of the matter in the post.
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jan 11, 2016
4C2215131:

Yes I get you but the post is addressing a sexual relationship. In the event that it has happened, how many sex partners can you condone your hubby as having irrespective of how it came about?

That is the Cruz of the matter in the post.

Yes exactly.

My ideal answer is Zero. Or One which should be ME depending on how you look at it. I thought it was obvious.

But let us assume such a lady does not exist or is hard to come by I do not think I would be interested in pegging a number. Sorry I am not as broad minded as other guys. The more the number the more I will loose trust and the more it will annoy me to know. It is even better I do not know. Let us also assume she tells me , how will I be sure she is saying the truth about the number.

I am sort of a jealous lover and as a man a little hypocritical after imbibing the men are superior mentality for years in Nigeria. Especially When it comes to what men are allowed to do compared to women.

wink wink wink wink
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by 4C2215131: 1:52pm On Jan 11, 2016
AnakinSkywalker:

Yes exactly.

My ideal answer is Zero. Or One which should be ME depending on how you look at it. I thought it was obvious.

But let us assume such a lady does not exist or is hard to come by I do not think I would be interested in pegging a number. Sorry I am not as broad minded as other guys. The more the number the more I will loose trust and the more it will annoy me to know. It is even better I do not know. Let us also assume she tells me , how will I be sure she is saying the truth about the number.

I am sort of a jealous lover and as a man a little hypocritical after imbibing the men are superior mentality for years in Nigeria. Especially When it comes to what men are allowed to do compared to women.

wink wink wink wink

Much applause for your forthrightness. Telling it like it is. The only headache now like you mentioned is finding you someone of age who's had no man in her life sexual ly.
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by 4C2215131: 2:11pm On Jan 11, 2016
A female friend just remarked that she wouldn't mind if her man dated all the girls in the world as long as he is sweet to her when they are married. Asked her if she was taking out an insurance policy and she said nope, that it just tells her he's very experienced in 'everything'
Re: How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jan 11, 2016
misspicy:

I bet you were pressing phone while walking on the road undecided

alaigboran omo

nooooo, i was in a car (about to comment sensibly on this thread), when one recklees speed freak dodged a pot-hole and almost ran into our car.

now you get it? i don't press phone on the street.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why do I keep meeting virgins? Back to Back to back / LOL! See What Nigerian Lady Saw In The Meat Pie She Bought / We Need Husbands, But Men Not Forthcoming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.