Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,410 members, 7,864,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:37 AM

Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). - Jobs/Vacancies (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). (300384 Views)

Aluminium Smelter Company Of Nigeria (alscon) Vacancy / Amcon( Asset Mtg Company Of Nig.) Is Recruiting Fresh Graduates / Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) Jobs And Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by authentic2013: 10:56am On Oct 20, 2013
What should bother us is the documentation because no documentation no training.Everybody must be documented before training.Any delay in documentation means delay in training.Time shall reveal the truth.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Fritz007(m): 11:25am On Oct 20, 2013
@ All if i may ask Y all d anxiety?? I want to assure u all weather u entered through d bck door,front or window the story still remains that FG has employed 522 electrical engrs for TCN n engr don pre..... Handed offer letters to som of d newly recruited...weather dem cancel custom or immigration dat one no concern TCN...d username blessing... Has told u all u nid to knw, and none of u could handle it, d truth remains dat no one wit an insider info is ready to tell u guys any tin again since som ar so immature dat dey cant handle it, dere by putting d source in trouble.but d fact is u all ve bn told wats up NO FUND
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Fritz007(m): 11:38am On Oct 20, 2013
Coolie89: http://www.punchng.com/news/november-1-power-firms-handover-date-uncertain-bpe/
u can extract ur info frm hia all tanx to coolie89
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by ogunwale01: 12:48pm On Oct 20, 2013
@blessmyij, can u pls help us comfirm why d documentation date was postponed till further notie? I think dat will help.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by blessmyij(f): 12:58pm On Oct 20, 2013
ogunwale01: @blessmyij, can u pls help us comfirm why d documentation date was postponed till further notie? I think dat will help.
D man said its because of d payment issue bw d FG and PHCN. He said dat d FG promised to conclude d payment by end of dis month. We informed him about d mail sent to NAPTIN self sponsored student, he promised to get back to us lastest by tuesday. So let's keep our fingers crossed.
All I will tell u guy is dat there is no need to panic, the appointment is intact.

2 Likes

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by mstpee(m): 1:37pm On Oct 20, 2013
blessmyij:
D man said its because of d payment issue bw d FG and PHCN. He said dat d FG promised to conclude d payment by end of dis month. We informed him about d mail sent to NAPTIN self sponsored student, he promised to get back to us lastest by tuesday. So let's keep our fingers crossed.
All I will tell u guy is dat there is no need to panic, the appointment is intact.
... This sounds pretty authentic.. Tanx for dis info man.. Welldone.

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by ogunwale01: 1:47pm On Oct 20, 2013
@authentic, hope u've realised wot caused d postponement now? for FG 2 pay 4 NAPTIN tinz, they must clear d debt first. so, stop disturbing dis forum wt ur fake info. I congratulate u all!

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by agaj4life(m): 3:23pm On Oct 20, 2013
ogunwale01: @authentic, hope u've realised wot caused d postponement now? for FG 2 pay 4 NAPTIN tinz, they must clear d debt first. I think i've tried 4 u, so stop disturbing dis forum wt ur fake info. I congratulate u all!

Its now that you join the winning team!
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by sircyc: 3:26pm On Oct 20, 2013
blessmyij:
Its a big lie. The appointment is still intact . They are having problem with d money approved for d NAPTIN stuff. We might still join d training. I narrated authentic's story to a top TCN staff , he laughed and laughed, he said dat its not possible dat they tried to do d recruitment as transparent as possible. I am a living witness. I will update you guys maybe on tuesday
. Can u swear if call upon that the recruitment is transparent? Let us be sincere to ourselves for once
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by blessmyij(f): 3:39pm On Oct 20, 2013
sircyc: . Can u swear if call upon that the recruitment is transparent? Let us be sincere to ourselves for once
To an extent. I am a living witness. At least for once in d history of Nigeria, SOME people got d job without knowing anybody.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Aminumuwo(m): 4:01pm On Oct 20, 2013
@Blessmyij: U're right coz i also got d job without knowing anybody. I must say dat d exercise was transparent to some extent as merit was highly considered. Am a living witnes 2 dat.

2 Likes

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by SolutionsGuy: 4:21pm On Oct 20, 2013
While I do not believe authentic2013, I still believe in statistics. I'm a realist and technically his info is very possible (following any labour laws or constitution). Having an appointment letter probably without a specific resumption date does not entitle one to any benefits. You have not worked for TCN for a single day!

blessmyij:
Its a big lie. The appointment is still intact . They are having problem with d money approved for d NAPTIN stuff. We might still join d training. I narrated authentic's story to a top TCN staff , he laughed and laughed, he said dat its not possible dat they tried to do d recruitment as transparent as possible. I am a living witness. I will update you guys maybe on tuesday
Was it really the TCN that did the recruitment of the Ministry of Power? Note that many parties have faulted the recruitment process. In fact, ab initio, the so called NUEE said it is off the due process (cf: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/recruitment-labour-faults-power-ministry-s-move-to-engage-hr-consultants/136351/ ). That news was before the advert came out (Jan. 15, 2013). I'm not saying that your "top TCN staff" lied but know that some of these ogas cannot admit that they have NO information because of ego.

blessmyij:
To an extent. I am a living witness. At least for once in d history of Nigeria, SOME people got d job without knowing anybody.
This Ij girl is getting to excited. My friend, Nigeria HAS NOT degenerated to this level. In almost all major govt recruitment, a good percentage get the job without knowing anybody- NNPC, DPR, Military, Police, FCSC (for various ministries), etc etc. Some were just siting in their houses and got call, SMS, or letter. Get facts straight before making absolute statements.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 20, 2013
To the best of my knowledge the process was very transparent. I passed the test and did very well in d interview, i didnt make d final list, but my elder brother got d job without any influence cos he did beta in d interview and also studied elect/elect engr. I was even the one that applied for him online and we did d test and interview 2geda. They actually used federal character principle, they didnt take up 2people per local govt; i wud,ve made it, and secondly i studied mech engr. They used senatorial district/local govt spread. Most persons got it based on luck, due to absence of competition from their senatorial district/LGA. To the best of my knowledge this is the most transparent recruitment exercise in the history of nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by mstpee(m): 5:56pm On Oct 20, 2013
sircyc: . Can u swear if call upon that the recruitment is transparent? Let us be sincere to ourselves for once
.... To a great extent mehn, dis is the very, very first time I'm seein a huge number of peeps getting jobs in Nigeria without knowing anybdy!! Am a living witness to that... Am not saying that the man- knw- man factor didn't play its usual role, but believe me, this is the most transparent I've seen of recruitments in Nigeria....

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by SolutionsGuy: 6:15pm On Oct 20, 2013
gibits: To the best of my knowledge this is the most transparent recruitment exercise in the history of nigeria.

Gives an indication of what your knowledge is. Ones thinking is always limited by his/her knowledge . . . when people born in 1980s (or even 90s) come to make conclusive statements on the history of Nigeria. It is ignorance.

By the way, I don't know anybody in TCN till today but recruitment processes have been much more transparent than this (i.e. for people who have the opportunity of asking the older people how things have been before). This one looks so transparent because it was massive. Those who did interview in SE (and those who are observant) might have seen that some few candidates were referred by 'whoever' to take test and do interview the same day. Plus some other connections that went on in Abuja.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Unlimiteddream: 7:13pm On Oct 20, 2013
@solution guy. U may see this as a lampoon... It is not compulsory that u comment. U're a sycophant even though u do it the other way round.
I don't know the real intentions of ogunwale en authentic guy, but whatever they av posted keep people on their toes perhaps, serving as a subterfuge- which is quite interesting and reactive.
Information they say is power. A 10 yrs old child can tell u ur story, if he/she is WELL INFORMED. If u don't know anybody in TCN, then watch instead of attacking posts... I believe we are not fools en illiterates here or are we nairalanders?
Moreover, SE is not the only place in Nigeria... Keep ur cynicism to yourself

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Uzilla: 7:30pm On Oct 20, 2013
Most times it's pointless sharing a different view with one who's very opinionated. Let's all believe what we want to believe, whatever we've read, seen or heard. Whatever gives us piece of mind. Time shall tell.

2 Likes

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by blessmyij(f): 8:57pm On Oct 20, 2013
Solutions_Guy: While I do not believe authentic2013, I still believe in statistics. I'm a realist and technically his info is very possible (following any labour laws or constitution). Having an appointment letter probably without a specific resumption date does not entitle one to any benefits. You have not worked for TCN for a single day!

Was it really the TCN that did the recruitment of the Ministry of Power? Note that many parties have faulted the recruitment process. In fact, ab initio, the so called NUEE said it is off the due process (cf: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/recruitment-labour-faults-power-ministry-s-move-to-engage-hr-consultants/136351/ ). That news was before the advert came out (Jan. 15, 2013). I'm not saying that your "top TCN staff" lied but know that some of these ogas cannot admit that they have NO information because of ego.

This Ij girl is getting to excited. My friend, Nigeria HAS NOT degenerated to this level. In almost all major govt recruitment, a good percentage get the job without knowing anybody- NNPC, DPR, Military, Police, FCSC (for various ministries), etc etc. Some were just siting in their houses and got call, SMS, or letter. Get facts straight before making absolute statements.
Solution or wat ever u call u self , u better shut up if u don't have anything to comment.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by SolutionsGuy: 9:00pm On Oct 20, 2013
Unlimited dream: @solution guy. It is not compulsory that u comment.
It is compulsory that you comment.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by SolutionsGuy: 9:04pm On Oct 20, 2013
blessmyij:
Solution or wat ever u call u self , u better shut up if u don't have anything to comment.

Eyaa . . . don't feel depressed . . . pls don't be discouraged in digging info for us from top officials. We have a date on Tuesday. There once was a chukdc, we enjoyed him while he lasted. Now we miss him.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Fritz007(m): 10:11pm On Oct 20, 2013
some pple are so irritating

2 Likes

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by folamee: 11:46am On Oct 21, 2013
Hello house,No info today?
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Maifata: 12:38pm On Oct 21, 2013
Inec distributed letter of appointmnt to its newly recruitd staff on d 15th of january 2013 while documentation held on 27th of march 2013...... Normal thing!
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Fritz007(m): 3:14pm On Oct 21, 2013
Maifata: Inec distributed letter of appointmnt to its newly recruitd staff on d 15th of january 2013 while documentation held on 27th of march 2013...... Normal thing!
broz, na man u b jst hope they undstnt u sha
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by SeyiGodspower: 4:19pm On Oct 21, 2013
Solutions_Guy: While I do not believe authentic2013, I still believe in statistics. I'm a realist and technically his info is very possible (following any labour laws or constitution). Having an appointment letter probably without a specific resumption date does not entitle one to any benefits. You have not worked for TCN for a single day!

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by SeyiGodspower: 4:19pm On Oct 21, 2013

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by chiayuk: 9:32am On Oct 22, 2013
Gud morng all. Pls can dos of u who hv undergone naptin program b4 enlghten us . Pls can u brief us on d cost of accomodatn during and afta orientatn in akangba or lagos. Is d orientatn centre diff from primary postg, is it a different state n hw is d average cost of accomodatn in other states. Pls i need ur help. Thank you.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by mstpee(m): 10:04am On Oct 22, 2013
chiayuk: Gud morng all. Pls can dos of u who hv undergone naptin program b4 enlghten us . Pls can u brief us on d cost of accomodatn during and afta orientatn in akangba or lagos. Is d orientatn centre diff from primary postg, is it a different state n hw is d average cost of accomodatn in other states. Pls i need ur help. Thank you.
.... Are u a self sponsored candidiate?
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by chiayuk: 10:15am On Oct 22, 2013
yes
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by wallex1983(m): 11:13am On Oct 22, 2013
chiayuk: Gud morng all. Pls can dos of u who hv undergone naptin program b4 enlghten us . Pls can u brief us on d cost of accomodatn during and afta orientatn in akangba or lagos. Is d orientatn centre diff from primary postg, is it a different state n hw is d average cost of accomodatn in other states. Pls i need ur help. Thank you.

Cost of accommodation iڪ relative. In akangba, if you can negotiate well (which many guys did) 2 pple to a room @5k per night, meaning that each person pays 2.5k. This iڪ for some hotels around that considered guys who came for the training. You do the calculation. If u have someone who stays in Lagos, you may also put up there for the number of days. This was what majority did.

After orientation, your new accomodation will depend on where you are posted for field work. Definately ♈ōϋ can't go for hotels there (except if ♈ōϋ can afford sha). What most pple do iڪ, if ♈ōϋ don't have where to stay, den ♈ōϋ go for a rented apartment. But you are at liberty to choose where ♈ōϋ want ♈ōϋя field posting to be. aπϑ ♈ōϋ shuld definately consider accomodation issues before you fill in where ♈ōϋ want ♈ōϋя posting to be.

Ka ji?

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by mstpee(m): 11:32am On Oct 22, 2013
wallex1983:

Cost of accommodation iڪ relative. In akangba, if you can negotiate well (which many guys did) 2 pple to a room @5k per night, meaning that each person pays 2.5k. This iڪ for some hotels around that considered guys who came for the training. You do the calculation. If u have someone who stays in Lagos, you may also put up there for the number of days. This was what majority did.

After orientation, your new accomodation will depend on where you are posted for field work. Definately ♈ōϋ can't go for hotels there (except if ♈ōϋ can afford sha). What most pple do iڪ, if ♈ōϋ don't have where to stay, den ♈ōϋ go for a rented apartment. But you are at liberty to choose where ♈ōϋ want ♈ōϋя field posting to be. aπϑ ♈ōϋ shuld definately consider accomodation issues before you fill in where ♈ōϋ want ♈ōϋя posting to be.

Ka ji?
... @ Walllex: tanx man for dis info... Correct man!! On that note, i wanted to find out too.. Is der a likelihood that one will remain in his place of orientation after the orientation has been concluded? Or will u be posted to another location? Are u @ liberty to choose that after the orientation or they will jst work with the two choice you had made earlier on? 2ndly, dis rented accomodation u talked abt, hw many pple can stay der and hw much will it come to for the 3mnths that one will hv to stay there? Do the landlords even accept 3mnths rent? 3rdly, like how many locations will one be posted to b4 the programmme is concluded? Also does naptin provide lunch or smfng in the course of the postings or classroom teachings? Tanx.......

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (86) (Reply)

2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship / 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates / Invitation For Written Exams For Police ICT Professional Into Nigerian Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.