Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,340 members, 7,853,516 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:11 PM

Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). - Jobs/Vacancies (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). (300101 Views)

Aluminium Smelter Company Of Nigeria (alscon) Vacancy / Amcon( Asset Mtg Company Of Nig.) Is Recruiting Fresh Graduates / Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) Jobs And Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by mstpee(m): 11:36am On Oct 22, 2013
chiayuk: yes
... Kk man.. Knw smbdy who is double sponsored and he doesn't knw whether to proceed sins the info stated that TCN candidates were not affected by that notice...... Is that ur case too?
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by chiayuk: 12:51pm On Oct 22, 2013
@wallex: thank you for the informatn, i appreciate. @mstpee: I am nt TCN sponsored.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by mstpee(m): 12:53pm On Oct 22, 2013
chiayuk: @wallex: thank you for the informatn, i appreciate. @mstpee: I am nt TCN sponsored.
..... Kk man...
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by wallex1983(m): 2:50pm On Oct 22, 2013
mstpee: ... @ Walllex: tanx man for dis info... Correct man!! On that note, i wanted to find out too.. Is der a likelihood that one will remain in his place of orientation after the orientation has been concluded? Or will u be posted to another location? Are u @ liberty to choose that after the orientation or they will jst work with the two choice you had made earlier on? 2ndly, dis rented accomodation u talked abt, hw many pple can stay der and hw much will it come to for the 3mnths that one will hv to stay there? Do the landlords even accept 3mnths rent? 3rdly, like how many locations will one be posted to b4 the programmme is concluded? Also does naptin provide lunch or smfng in the course of the postings or classroom teachings? Tanx.......

Let me answer ♈ōϋя last question first. Perhaps †ђξ most interesting part of any of †ђξ classroom training after †ђξ knowledge ♈ōϋ'll acquire iڪ †ђξ tea-break and lunch. Apart from †ђξ last last module which was a bit not up τ̅☺......, ♈ōϋ go chop wetin ♈ōϋ no chop for house. Its ok.

You will do orientation and your module works in †ђξ classrooms called RTCs. There are presently 5 in †ђξ country that are functional and two of them in Lagos as ♈ōϋ knw. Hence you can't do fieldwork in †ђξ classroom. ♈ōϋ will have to be in a station. However, some RTCs are built close to some stations (that iڪ if you like to be in those stations).

Finally, if ♈ōϋя 3months iڪ in Lagos, you don't expect †ђξ cost to be same with someone whose posting will be in kaduna
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by SeyiGodspower: 3:28pm On Oct 22, 2013
People in d employment of TCN, any insider info from headquarters pls?
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by cyraxjay: 4:33pm On Oct 22, 2013
Guys , where is chukd
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Arysexy(m): 7:12pm On Oct 22, 2013
blessmyij:
Its a big lie. The appointment is still intact . They are having problem with d money approved for d NAPTIN stuff. We might still join d training. I narrated authentic's story to a top TCN staff , he laughed and laughed, he said dat its not possible dat they tried to do d recruitment as transparent as possible. I am a living witness.I will update you guys maybe on tuesday

@ IJ, any info as regard d boldened? Today is Tuesday. We anticipate ur update!

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Heisalive: 8:29pm On Oct 22, 2013
D word of d Lord is a Lamp to my feet and a Light to my path. I declare clarity to every ambiguity regarding TCN employment @ dis hour IJN.
Peace b still He commanded. I hereby command peace in d minds of all who are disturbed with this employment IJN.
Elijah asked his servant, with all expectations, to look if d rain is coming and it eventually came. I hereby request everybody to be on d look as the rain of smile will fall on our faces IJN.

5 Likes

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by sircyc: 10:36pm On Oct 22, 2013
My dear, tanks for what u are doing for them. But whenever u are telling people abt expenses am thinking is better to tell them the real price. Then if something is done to reduce it that person will be at advantage otherwise he will remain stranded in Lagos. My Good friends for ur digest no body give a helping that easily if u re stranded in lagos ooooo.
wallex1983:

Cost of accommodation iڪ relative. In akangba, if you can negotiate well (which many guys did) 2 pple to a room @5k per night, meaning that each person pays 2.5k. This iڪ for some hotels around that considered guys who came for the training. You do the calculation. If u have someone who stays in Lagos, you may also put up there for the number of days. This was what majority did.

After orientation, your new accomodation will depend on where you are posted for field work. Definately ♈ōϋ can't go for hotels there (except if ♈ōϋ can afford sha). What most pple do iڪ, if ♈ōϋ don't have where to stay, den ♈ōϋ go for a rented apartment. But you are at liberty to choose where ♈ōϋ want ♈ōϋя field posting to be. aπϑ ♈ōϋ shuld definately consider accomodation issues before you fill in where ♈ōϋ want ♈ōϋя posting to be.

Ka ji?
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by blessmyij(f): 11:16pm On Oct 22, 2013
Arysexy:

@ IJ, any info as regard d boldened? Today is Tuesday. We anticipate ur update!
Yesoo, one of us went to TCN admin manager at Abuja yesterday, she told her dat dey(FG) have not approved d money for even d training and other expenses. So dat dey are still waiting. My informant confirmed it. So, we will have patience and as well be prayerful. D issue now is for FG to approve d money.dats d latest and authentic

2 Likes

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by mstpee(m): 12:04am On Oct 23, 2013
blessmyij:
Yesoo, one of us went to TCN admin manager at Abuja yesterday, she told her dat dey(FG) have not approved d money for even d training and other expenses. So dat dey are still waiting. My informant confirmed it. So, we will have patience and as well be prayerful. D issue now is for FG to approve d money.dats d latest and authentic
...... Thanks for dis info... We can only hope and pray for positive results b4 the end of dis week or nxt week....

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by SeyiGodspower: 5:22am On Oct 23, 2013
This delay in our documentation may truly have something to do with money approval as blessmy said. On that day we collected our letters, as I was about to collect my own I heard a woman official telling a man that maybe they should pay us a certain money on a particular day. I did not pay attention to d discussion well but I heard it. When d woman noticed that some guys who were sitting nearby were listening to them, she then told d man to stop that d applicants are listening to them. I just want to corroborate d info of blessmy.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by cyraxjay: 9:43am On Oct 23, 2013
Just like before the appointment letter. Every message I receive now, I start praying its from TCN before I read it.

2 Likes

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Quodragoals(m): 9:48am On Oct 23, 2013
cyraxjay: Just like before the appointment letter. Every message I receive now, I start praying its from TCN before I read it.
That's how it is for every successful candidate that got the appointment.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by agaj4life(m): 10:50am On Oct 23, 2013
cyraxjay: Just like before the appointment letter. Every message I receive now, I start praying its from TCN before I read it.

Lol.......
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Arysexy(m): 11:02am On Oct 23, 2013
Seyi Godspower: This delay in our documentation may truly have something to do with money approval as blessmy said. On that day we collected our letters, as I was about to collect my own I heard a woman official telling a man that maybe they should pay us a certain money on a particular day. I did not pay attention to d discussion well but I heard it. When d woman noticed that some guys who were sitting nearby were listening to them, she then told d man to stop that d applicants are listening to them. I just want to corroborate d info of blessmy.

The money they are to pay us is some token for transportaion to and fro abuja for picking letter and documentation.

D cost of training 512 engrs in NAPTIN is just a paltry 384milion naira. Shud dat be a barrier to d billions invested so far?

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Coolie89(m): 6:57am On Oct 24, 2013
Now it appears dere is little that the MHI guys can do with respect to finance. @all let us not forget that TCN is a parastatal under The Federal Ministry of Power so with the issue of payment of severance allowance and all still lingering we can only pray for speedy conclusion.Cheers
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Coolie89(m): 6:58am On Oct 24, 2013
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by SeyiGodspower: 8:48am On Oct 24, 2013
Coolie89: http://www.punchng.com/news/november-1-power-firms-handover-date-uncertain-bpe/
This news is dead long ago. It is a dead news. Prof Chinedu Nebo, during d commissioning of Omotosho power generation station last week said d Nov 1 hand-over date is still subsisting. Payment of severance packages to PHCN Workers, TCN staff inclusive as they were all PHCN before d current privatization will be concluded next week.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Arysexy(m): 10:28am On Oct 24, 2013
Seyi Godspower: This news is dead long ago. It is a dead news. Prof Chinedu Nebo, during d commissioning of Omotosho power generation station last week said d Nov 1 hand-over date is still subsisting. Payment of severance packages to PHCN Workers, TCN staff inclusive as they were all PHCN before d current privatization will be concluded next week.

Wait oo! If they pay off TCN staff, who takes care of d infrastructures whole we r on training and who trains us? Is it not the same TCN staff?
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by SeyiGodspower: 11:00am On Oct 24, 2013
Arysexy:

Wait oo! If they pay off TCN staff, who takes care of d infrastructures whole we r on training and who trains us? Is it not the same TCN staff?
Paying off does not translate to laying off except if a staff wishes to leave.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by akym2005: 11:15am On Oct 24, 2013
mind u is it not the same govt that published that ministry of ppwer takes 109 billion naira to recruit 500 engrs and now they said no money to train them so if u multiplying 42k per one engr salary by 12 months u wil get 504k then multiply dis amount vy 522 engrs to be train we will get 263 million and 88k so they claimed that no money something must be wrong
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by agaj4life(m): 11:22am On Oct 24, 2013
IS THERE any one in the House who has not received admission letter from NAPTIN yet?
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by SeyiGodspower: 8:45am On Oct 25, 2013
Pls whoever has current and genuine info about TCN should update us here pls. Don't hesitate to release any info in ur possession. Let's be our brother's keeper pls.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by SolutionsGuy: 9:06am On Oct 25, 2013
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by SeyiGodspower: 10:26am On Oct 25, 2013
Solutions_Guy: The heat is on!
http://sweetcrudereports.com/2013/10/24/blackout-in-four-northern-states-as-phcn-workers-shut-down-installations/
From this link posted by solutions guy, it is now clear that d postponement of our documentation is due to non payment of severance packages and not that d employment has been cancelled as being insinuated by some prophets of doom here because even those who will attend to us at TCN are also entitled to this package.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by akym2005: 12:27pm On Oct 25, 2013
do u think that tcn staffs are also to be pay the severance package since their section is not yet privatised according to the minister. so let us think further to know the cause of the prosponement

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by SeyiGodspower: 1:02pm On Oct 25, 2013
akym2005: do u think that tcn staffs are also to be pay the severance package since their section is not yet privatised according to the minister. so let us think further to know the cause of the prosponement
Yes transmission is not privatized but from that link posted by solution guy, it is said that d staff of Mando transmission station protested against d non payment. The staff in that station are transmission staff and not distribution or generation.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by akym2005: 1:25pm On Oct 25, 2013
guy no payment of several package for tcn staff except if they own them salary because the section is not yet privatised according to minister of power also what is payment is going to do with ur training even though without fg pay naptin is it not belong to the same power ministry pls lets look for other cause of delay
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Fritz007(m): 1:40pm On Oct 25, 2013
akym2005: guy no payment of several package for tcn staff except if they own them salary because the section is not yet privatised according to minister of power also what is payment is going to do with ur training even though without fg pay naptin is it not belong to the same power ministry pls lets look for other cause of delay
guy wat oda delay ar u looking 4. Dont u knw dat almost all d TCN staffs would b laid off And only abt 2000 skilled wrkers would b re-absorbed bt on contract job to kip d company goin until d new staff av finished their trainin to properly take ova wich would nt b immediately afta d trainin
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Maifata: 3:15pm On Oct 25, 2013
"@daily_trust: Kaduna PHCN workers get pay http:///jMi05luNlP"
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Quodragoals(m): 5:11pm On Oct 25, 2013
@Maifata: Confirmed through dailytrust!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (86) (Reply)

2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship / 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates / Invitation For Written Exams For Police ICT Professional Into Nigerian Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.