Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,917 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other (23950 Views)

Policeman Tries To Stop A Moving Tanker By Climbing In Through The Window / Famous Lies We Tell / Lies We Have Told Our Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by arusoncd(m): 6:38am On Mar 27, 2013
1. 'i woun't come in your mouth, baby. This probably the worst lie'.
2. 'I missed you!' For where.
3. 'baby after this one i woun't ask for it again'.
4. 'Only God knows!' holly lie.
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by albacete(m): 7:04am On Mar 27, 2013
Another lie people tell is : "oh albacete, u know, ermm, i lost my phone so i don't have ur contact". And i ask myself why they lose their phone all d time. Or people telling u that ur number has not been going through when they have defaulted in calling u
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by folahann(m): 7:14am On Mar 27, 2013
Reminds me of that great quote: A man who has never lied to a woman doesn't have respect for her feelings.

Sometimes you need to tell some lies in order not to hurt people's feelings.
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by softangel(m): 8:37am On Mar 27, 2013
Pray: When a lady after dressing ask if she looked fine! all i say is Yes even when not looking at her. If you say it is not fine she will definately respond that its a lie it is fine!

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by boyprodigy(m): 8:54am On Mar 27, 2013
A diplomat does not tow such a line. There are some lies that are negligible.
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by Vickiweezy(m): 9:04am On Mar 27, 2013
You forgot to mention these:-
- ''I don't have money'' when someone ask you to spare him/her little cash, we rather prefer to borrow it out & collect interest in return
- ''I don't have credit'' when a friend ask to borrow ur phone to make a short call
- ''I still a virgin'' this is the most annoying lie which most girls tell these days. Whenever u wanna have s*x with a girl u have been dating, that's the first thing she'll tell you, even when u've seen her times before flirting & doing other stuff, she'll still lie to ur face.
- ''I swear to God'' this is the no. 1 lie on the planet, people keep using the Name of the Lord in vain. May God have mercy on us.
Hit like if u've told/been told any of these lies.
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by valeriechima(f): 12:07pm On Mar 27, 2013
cheesy
T-john:
i dont tell lies....PERIOD

You just told a lie
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by GooseBaba: 4:07pm On Mar 27, 2013
ghostofsparta:

Brother, you got it wrong. What do you mean by "worshipping foreign foreign juju" ? Maybe iif I get you correctly then you should know that juju as a term isn't African origin of tongue, in modern times Juju from the educated/white man's point of view is any object believed by backward thinking people to hold certain powers or effect. On the other hand Juju here in Nigeria is regarded as anything that is deem worthy of scorn and demonization given the religious disapproval and yet the crucifix, rosary, cross, ,
tesubiu isn't.

A lot of peeps got so many things wrong about the differences between what can be classified as juju, traditional practices of orisha/irunmole worship. Just like you they always mix them mix them all up.

You mentioned Ifa, eshu, Shango, etc placing them as spirits, or demons, etc only shows that, just like so many of you in Odudualand, *so sorry to say* are all lost. Most of you know so much about the so called holy books of the foreign Abrahamic religions but absolutely nothing of your ancestor's traditions, or at most distorted understanding of some, mainly gleaned from the improperly produced Yoruba films or what your clergymen interpretedly fed for you for years, both of which keep deforming nd misrepresenting the original thing. How dare you imply it's because of fear, what you call spirit are being worshipped? I'm sure you're worshipping a vehicle or gun because of the fear that either of them could one day 'jujued' you.

What a shame..

Let's free ourselves from mental slavery and religious barbaro-dogmatism

You are missing the overall premise of my yarnings. The main purpose of using the word juju is simply to classify all gods under one roof.. Since religious follower call my so called native and primitive gods juju.. Therefore, their 2000 yrs old god is juju too...at the end of the day...the fear of these gods promotes conformity. ..you get me!

Ps .. Did you just pull out the worship of vehicles and guns outta your As.s... That one no gbemi...!!! How dare you!!?
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:16pm On Mar 27, 2013
Jovanna: ur username ve said it all...Jesus is the only way! Dont be decieved by d tins of these world! Heaven is real! Hell is real!

jesus is not the way! he is a dead man!

THe religion of your soul! THe religion of your tribe! THat is the true way!

dont be deceived by the oyinbo ppls! our ancestors never knew heaven/hell! these are concepts created by oyinbo to scare us free-born tribals into submission! dont believe this.

We are reincarnated. the forces must be conserved.
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by adexsimply(m): 7:52pm On Mar 27, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

dont be deceived by the oyinbo ppls! our ancestors never knew heaven/hell! these are concepts created by oyinbo to scare us free-born tribals into submission! dont believe this.

wish u culd hear hw funny u sound
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:19pm On Mar 27, 2013
adexsimply: wish u culd hear hw funny u sound

wish you could shut up and stop spreading lies and fairytales.
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by Vires: 9:24am On Mar 28, 2013
dabrake: Ever since the day I, out of courtesy, asked someone to join me share my lunch(the food sef small and e for no belleful me.) with the belief he will reply "no. Thanks" . . . but this guy cleared my doubt, arranged a big spoon for himself, devour my food(he was rushing and piling it) and made me curse his generations in my heart(i don almost cry, I wish sey I for fit uproot the baggar head), I made up my mind never to invite someone share in my meal again.

"Join me" or come and eat, lol lol lol
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by adexsimply(m): 1:27pm On Mar 28, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

wish you could shut up and stop spreading lies and fairytales.
wish u could take some classes on human relations
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:37pm On Mar 28, 2013
adexsimply: wish u could take some classes on human relations

wish you could stop worshipping humans and israelis.
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by imanuel00(m): 5:48pm On Mar 28, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

ehe wonders!!!!!! shocked
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by Nobody: 5:53pm On Mar 28, 2013
That Jesus will come back, what a blatant lie shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by adexsimply(m): 5:55pm On Mar 28, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

wish you could stop worshipping humans and israelis.
Now i wish i hadn't replied u in the first place... grin grin grin grin
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:59pm On Mar 28, 2013
imanuel_00:

ehe wonders!!!!!! shocked

welcome to Nairaland. please do visit the religious section now and again. If you need guidance to reconvert to Traditional Religion, plz dont hesistate to let me know. wink
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:59pm On Mar 28, 2013
adexsimply: Now i wish i hadn't replied u in the first place... grin grin grin grin

Thank Gods for that! cool
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by adexsimply(m): 6:04pm On Mar 28, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Thank Gods for that! cool
GODS? u ar very funny...lol grin grin
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:19pm On Mar 28, 2013
adexsimply: GODS? u ar very funny...lol grin grin

wth? That is my religion. what so funny
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by Jovanna(f): 9:25am On Mar 29, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

pagan indeed! I need not 2 argue with u cos u re still in d darkness...maybe God help u b4 it is too late..let me ask u dis d water u drink nd d air u breath in d oyinbos created dem rite?
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:37pm On Mar 29, 2013
Jovanna: pagan indeed! I need not 2 argue with u cos u re still in d darkness...maybe God help u b4 it is too late..let me ask u dis d water u drink nd d air u breath in d oyinbos created dem rite?

Dont you know that in darkness there is light and in light there is darkness. and that both are required to maintain this balance? ofc you dont know this since you are not Pagan.

WHAT A STUP!D REASONING! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

d water I drink and the air I breath is created by my God Saarkin Aljanu, the Creator Force along with the help of the other forces to be maintained.

why should oyinbos create that? all im saying is that water and air was not created by your man-God jesus, since there is evidence of life and water, way before jesus lived.

1 Like

Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by Nobody: 2:38pm On Mar 29, 2013
GBAM..PREACH BROTHER PREACH....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How I Saved A Girl From Jungle Justice In Onitsha - Henry Ikenna Ugwu / What Are Your Fears In Life? / FG Targets 13000MW Solar Electricity- Amina Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.