Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,543 members, 7,812,696 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

Lies We Have Told Our Parents - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lies We Have Told Our Parents (13097 Views)

Famous Lies We Tell / Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other / Things Our Parents/guardians/elders Did That Was Wrong Back Then (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lies We Have Told Our Parents by nenergy(m): 12:05pm On Oct 21, 2012
We’ve at one time in our lives told Lies whether white, black or green. In primary school my classmate and I were caught by a teacher long after closing time plucking guava with our school uniform. We knew our buttocks will suffer on Monday, so we began devising ways of avoiding school. On Monday I left home as usual, waited at our street abokis’ shop and returned home telling my mother that I was turned back by the gateman because I didn’t have a biro. Of course she didn’t buy it. My classmate’s lie was far more devious; he told his parents that his teacher had died. Hhen, his trashing was double.lol
Also in primary school, a boy told his parents the “Edet who lived in Calabar” had died and N5 was required per student to support his funeral.

In secondary school, a classmate scammed N500 from his parents saying he needed to buy logarithm and antilogarithm (4 figure table) N250 each. E don tay wey boys don dey lie…no wonder our ladies dey tire for us.
What lies have you told your parents or loved ones? Oya confess, Happy Sunday!

9 Likes

Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by StellaBella(f): 8:16am On Oct 22, 2012
I nor dey lie.
Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 22, 2012
Stella_Bella: I nor dey lie.
you just lied

17 Likes

Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by candieangel12(f): 9:20am On Oct 22, 2012
When I was in the 7th grade, I got in trouble at school for smoking weed. The principal called my parents and informed them. They scolded me. Then I got in more trouble for skipping classes with friends, getting in 1 fight, and getting caught with alcohol. By this time my parents were tired of scolding me and told me if I get suspended one more time then they would send me to an all girls boarding school. I didn't listen because I hung out with the wrong crowd, one day me and some other students got caught high. We took some ecstacy pills and we were high as fukc. The school found out and sent us home, my parents didnt even care anymore, they had already made arrangements for me 2 go 2 the boarding school. Now, I didn't want to go 2 the boarding school and leave my friends behind and my parents refused to listen to my begging so then I got my friend to act as my lover. We pretended to be dating and then I told my parents I was a lesbian, I thought it wud scare them from sending me to the boarding school cus my parents are serious homophobes lol. Well the plan backfired, instead of sending me to the boarding school, they sent me to Nigeria. LOL. I had to stay in the village with people I didn't even know. I stayed there for a year, but I am glad my parents did that because it changed me into a better person. I learned a lot from my stay in Nigeria and when I came back to the states, I was a completely different person. My parents were even shocked self. If they hadn't taken the action they did some years ago, I would probably be in jail right now. lol.

19 Likes

Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 22, 2012
^ ^ Interesting.. smiley smiley good to know you're a better person..

1 Like

Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by Mynd44: 10:42am On Oct 22, 2012
So now Nigeria don turn rehab for stubborn kids abi?

16 Likes

Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by DExplorer1: 12:01pm On Oct 22, 2012
OP, how's this romance related.
Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by Mynd44: 12:04pm On Oct 22, 2012
D-Explorer:
OP, how's this romance related.

1 Like

Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by iyatrustee(f): 12:04pm On Oct 22, 2012
Mynd_44: So now Nigeria don turn rehab for stubborn kids abi?

cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by MMM2(m): 12:35pm On Oct 22, 2012
I can remember undecided
Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by Foxybone(m): 12:56pm On Oct 22, 2012
;DI can't remember all the lies I told but I sure can remember this one.

I had met a complete stranger on the road who had asked me for my name and if y'all could remember, those days in Kano state, you don't give people your name for fear of ritual. I did not, I gave him another name, which he accepted happily. I was on my way to mama's shop when it happened.

Lo and behold, I returned home and met the same man in my house, he was an uncle and since then, he had always called me the name I gave to him with an acronym attached to it... "Lie Lie Foxy".... I was always ashamed each time he comes visiting but I am now a big boy, should he call me that again, I will tell him my church mind.... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 22, 2012
A colleague of mine back in high school went home and told his parents who wia illiterates that he broke the amoeba in the biology lab and the photosynthesis inside escaped and the school is asking him to pay for it. grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by duni04(m): 3:15pm On Oct 22, 2012
pasqal88: A colleague of mine back in high school went home and told his parents who wia illiterates that he broke the amoeba in the biology lab and the photosynthesis inside escaped and the school is asking him to pay for it. grin grin
LMAO!
Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 22, 2012
nenergy: We’ve at one time in our lives told Lies whether white, black or green. In primary school my classmate and I were caught by a teacher long after closing time plucking guava with our school uniform. We knew our buttocks will suffer on Monday, so we began devising ways of avoiding school. On Monday I left home as usual, waited at our street abokis’ shop and returned home telling my mother that I was turned back by the gateman because I didn’t have a biro. Of course she didn’t buy it. My classmate’s lie was far more devious; he told his parents that his teacher had died. Hhen, his trashing was double.lol
Also in primary school, a boy told his parents the “Edet who lived in Calabar” had died and N5 was required per student to support his funeral.

In secondary school,[b] a classmate scammed N500 from his parents saying he needed to buy logarithm and antilogarithm (4 figure table) N250 each. [/b]E don tay wey boys don dey lie…no wonder our ladies dey tire for us.
What lies have you told your parents or loved ones? Oya confess, Happy Sunday!

His parents must have been illiterates!
Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by misreal(m): 3:27pm On Oct 22, 2012
Av told so many lies by God has 4giving me
Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by safarigirl(f): 3:28pm On Oct 22, 2012
Lies? Save for blaming my siblings for stuff I did once in awhile, I don't lie....I just omit the truth, or say nothing, not the same thing

1 Like

Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by SisiKill1: 3:33pm On Oct 22, 2012
Me - *Crying like crazy at the injustice*It wasn't me! I didn't hit his face with the can, it was his face that hit the can in my hand. It was his fault!

Dad - Huh??!

8 Likes

Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by mkmyers45(m): 3:35pm On Oct 22, 2012
safarigirl: Lies? Save for blaming my siblings for stuff I did once in awhile, I don't lie....I just omit the truth, or say nothing, not the same thing

Correct Girl....
Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 22, 2012
Mynd_44: So now Nigeria don turn rehab for stubborn kids abi?
LWTMB.... God dey oga cheesy
Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by ihebrooke(m): 3:40pm On Oct 22, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Me - *Crying like crazy at the injustice*It wasn't me! I didn't hit his face with the can, it was his face that hit the can in my hand. It was his fault!

Dad - Huh??!

Lol
Who did you think you were lying to? A baby?
Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by bolakale30(m): 3:40pm On Oct 22, 2012
I once lied that I was being forced into homosexuality in order to make my parents take me away 4rm a boarding house in Abeokuta, If you know Baptist Boys High School, u will no sey boys dey suffer 4 hostel, the food was only fit 4 prisoners, and the seniors' bullying is a story for another day. They changed me pah pah pah... Without doubting me. It was one hell of a lie that I enjoyed

1 Like

Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by sdiq: 3:43pm On Oct 22, 2012
SEE SMALL SMALL LIE, ME WAY GET BsC FOR LIE
Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by vb0mb(m): 3:46pm On Oct 22, 2012
I told my parent that we were asked to buy two biology text books, the first one written by Stone, the second by Cousin. The actual fact was that only one txt book is written by both Stone and Cousin
Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 22, 2012
I tols my dad we needed to buy 2 Biology textbooks:
Stone and Cousins.
And he released the cash nicely.
Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by seuntola: 3:57pm On Oct 22, 2012
Oh I rememba dis one..mumsi had sent me nd ma neighbour's son †̥ buy pepper(ata rodo), trust us, we got temptd on d way nd spent d money in a game shop, unfortunately for us mumsi nd r friend strolld by nd caught us entering d shop....back home.... mumsi: where r yhu comin from? Me: nowhere ma. Mumsi: what!! I saw U̶̲̥̅̊ enterin game shop instead O̶̷̩̥̊͡ƒ where I sent U̶̲̥̅̊. Me: erm,.... erm.... no , we went †̥ ask for directions †̥ where they sell pepper.. Mumsi: ok, so where is the pepper? Me: we couldn't find everywhere. Mumsi: haa! Seun pepper dat they sell ryt at d bk O̶̷̩̥̊͡ƒ d house, oya where is my money. Seun: *checks his pocket fakingly, nd pretends nt †̥ find it.... Before he luks up, thunder lightening igbati lands on d left cheek followd by series O̶̷̩̥̊͡ƒ abara, ....yeeeeh!!! Am nt lying ma

11 Likes

Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by omakay(m): 3:59pm On Oct 22, 2012
Our kids would surely have a hard time cooking up lies cos most of us are very literate and enlightened. Can't be as easy as before!!!! grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by blackmale(m): 4:01pm On Oct 22, 2012
i wonder how many times ppl will keep repeating the same thread on this nland..
Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by ZUBBYNWA(m): 4:02pm On Oct 22, 2012
hmmmmmmmmm, God forgive me......... just collected my school fees from my illiterate uncle twice deceiving him dat we pay our school fees per semester
Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by abifoluwa: 4:07pm On Oct 22, 2012
whenever i fail a test, i tell my dad "the teacher cant teach, and his test was so hard, everybody failed the test. works very well for me grin angry sad
Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by micki83(m): 4:07pm On Oct 22, 2012
Funny thread,lol.I once heard about a secondary skool boy who told his illetrate parents that the school told all of them to bring money in order to carry out photosynthesis in d biology class.
Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by mkmyers45(m): 4:07pm On Oct 22, 2012
I bought a Sega Video game with my lunch Savings.. Knowing How impossible it will be to play the game at home, I collaborated with our Older neighbour to Lie that he dashed me the game... That way I enjoyed my Game
Re: Lies We Have Told Our Parents by mkmyers45(m): 4:08pm On Oct 22, 2012
One of my numerous crimes was inflating my Junior WAEC fee like a PDP senator. I remember I presented popsie a looooong list of things needed to register for the exam, with 65% of the items being things I 'kurukerely' filled in there.
Chineke nna, come and see format.

Dad: Son, number 14 says "handling charging". What exactly is that?

Me: It's the levy that takes care of the charges for the handling.

Dad: Handling of what?

Me: It handles the charges.

Dad: Charges based on what exactly?

Me: The overall handling, of course.

Dad: How?

Me: I mean the charges.

Dad: Of what?!

Me: The handling!!!

19 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Certified Business / Retrieve Your Bank Verification Number (BVN) / Funmi Iyanda: I Challenge Any Man To Come And Say He Has Slept With Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.