Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,738 members, 7,813,426 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

Mentrual Cycle Ad - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mentrual Cycle Ad (4053 Views)

Buhari Changes Into A Leopard On New AIT Ad / Goodluck Jonathan Compared To Idi Amin In Aggressive APC Ad / Price Of Ad Paid For By Fayose! (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Kobojunkie: 2:50am On Apr 03, 2008
Needlelady:

@Kobo, I hope you still remember this story below on 'helping African children' since you are a charity LovePeddler?

No, Please, let us penalize all Charities cause of one group that did wrong and mind you, were doing it cause they believed the children would have a better life in france than in chad were they currently live below poverty. Let us penalize all Charities that have fourth for freedom all over africa cause of some french men and women who took their charitable drive too far. Let's penalize the salvation army, the goodwill, the red cross, human rights international, and the many millions of charities who have worked tireless trillions of hours to help bring food and supplies in Army, who have lost volunteers in wars zones in africa,  why?? just cause of a small french group who erred and was later pardoned by Chad.

Look, Charitable help is not for all. I know you may consider that you are doing SAINTLY work but I would go for the DEVILISH CHARITIES anyday, instead of sit down to listen to your SAINTLY message for the poor in africa. Look, you do not need to ask or take their help. Infact, call your family and tell them that they should boycott all awoof ok. But As for the rest of Africa, allow people to patronize these people as they want to.

World Briefing | Africa
Chad: French Aid Workers Pardoned

By LYDIA POLGREEN
Published: April 1, 2008

Six French aid workers who had been sentenced to eight years of hard labor for the attempted kidnapping of 103 children were pardoned and released. The workers had chartered a plane to fly to Europe children they claimed were orphans of the conflict in the Darfur region of Sudan. Most of the children were neither orphans nor from Sudan. The workers were serving their time in France, but after France pledged to help defend Chad’s president, Idriss Déby, from rebel attacks in February, he agreed to consider pardoning them.
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Needlelady(f): 5:22pm On Apr 03, 2008
just cause of a small french group who erred and was later pardoned by Chad.

Juist erred? Is that what you call a group that kidnapped masses? Do you know how many unsuspecting Africans that were initially kidnapped or raped by other groups offering help to dying Africa?
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Kobojunkie: 5:40pm On Apr 03, 2008
Needlelady:

Juist erred? Is that what you call a group that kidnapped masses? Do you know how many unsuspecting Africans that were initially kidnapped or raped by other groups offering help to dying Africa?

You mean compared to the millions of african women kidnapped, raped and even killed each year by fellow africans?? Please stop trying to argue like a child. This group told of how they wanted to extract the children to france to a better life. They erred and apparently Chad thinks the same since they have been pardoned. Are you now going to represent Chad better?? You mean the many somalians who happen to almost rule the city and state I live in today are living miserable compared to the life they lived in and many somalians are living today in their home country?? Cut the bull already woman!!! Stop trying to play that victim card. Thousands of African women are sold off each year into sex slave markets by african men and women and you to jump on the neck of all charities cause of the errors of a few dubious organizations?? You know what though, why not help me here. Get yourself educated a bit more. Compare the actual cases that end in misery for those who are supposed to be helped by these charities( I mean actual cases, not one's you imagined in your head there), with crimes against these people by their own african brothers and sisters and then come back and speak to me how you comvinced yourself that, again,these charities are evil. Africa has been able to move forward to where it is today because of serious help from most of these charities. The death toll in places like Darfur, Ethiopia, Zimbabwe, even Nigeria and Somalia as well as so many other countries are not worse cause of many of these charities and you come in here to open your mouth to claim the small evil outweighs all the good?? I hope you at least move back to africa to help these people out instead of sitting comfortably outside of africa mouthing off and believing you are actually going to somehow make a point here. Move back and help them by taking over from these charities and then you can maybe have an argument, or accept that this is getting ridiculous with you.
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by texazzpete(m): 6:56pm On Apr 03, 2008
If i get needlelady right, because a charity group was arrested for crime we should reject all acts of charity, including the UN sponsored schemes in Africa, abi?

it's never smart to generalize.
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Needlelady(f): 9:34pm On Apr 06, 2008
If i get needlelady right, because a charity group was arrested for crime we should reject all acts of charity, including the UN sponsored schemes in Africa, abi?
You got me wrong, it's kobojunkie that advocates for help from anybody that cares even if it means adopting our babies out to western celebrity maniacs, haba!
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Kobojunkie: 9:49pm On Apr 06, 2008
Needlelady:

You got me wrong, it's kobojunkie that advocates for help from anybody that cares even if it means adopting our babies out to western celebrity maniacs, haba!

Please stop deluding yourself by making stories up about me. I never told you that kidnapping babies is the way. You mentioned it as your stupid support for your myopic and selfish view of these people's situation. Someone is helping these women with pads and you come up with another entirely unrelated case that went wrong as your reason for them not to accept help? How dare you even try to pontificate when you have not been able to help your own people?? Don't you think you should hang your head in shame for sitting around while complete strangers come along to help those who you are responsible for??
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by tpia: 1:37am On Apr 07, 2008
@ topic:

I think this issue was raised somewhere before-it sounds vaguely familiar.

If this ad will lead to some girls (or whoever) receiving assistance they would not otherwise have gotten, then I think people should let it be. At most, concerned citizens can write, email or call the company to register their concern.

But the fact that many of us are priviledged and are not in situations like the ones constantly shown on tv, doesnt necessarily mean we should block others from receiving aid. After all, our own leaders who are our flesh and blood are not making such things their priority, so why abuse others who want to help. And this is assistance we are not giving these underpriviledged people ourselves, mind you.

true, it wounds our pride when such things are aired on national tv and Africans in general are made to look uncivilized and poverty stricken, but lets not forget that many of these issues are a reality for others, if not for us. Much of Africa is ravaged by war and underdevelopment. This is a glaring fact no matter how much we wish it were not so. People need help.

Someone who went to school on a scholarship sponsored by an aid organization, will be grateful for the chance, without which he/she might have been stuck pulling a wheelbarrow of stones or something, for life. Or say someone who receives medical assistance for an ailment that could be debilitating, and which they can't afford treatment for.

Sometimes one has to look beyond the motive for the giving, and just accept what is offered.  We can speak for ourselves individually, but can we refuse assistance for others who really need it more than we do.    How many of us here have been to Congo, for example, or worked in war torn Sudan. There's a lot of suffering everywhere, and many times its these rich multinational companies who are in the position to do something about it in a big way.
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Needlelady(f): 2:13am On Apr 07, 2008
By Kobojunkie,
How dare you even try to pontificate when you have not been able to help your own people?? Don't you think you should hang your head in shame for sitting around while complete strangers come along to help those who you are responsible for??

You don't even know what I've done for my people and what am planning to do for Naija women. Whether i do it or not, whether am alive or not, they'll still live their lives. Same goes for your ponsors that give you a penny after harvesting a farm full of bountiful crops. Go ahead and cheapen yourself and very soon they'll extend their arm in the name of charity. Whenever they do, don't come complaining to me about it. Always or no Always, we must shit blood appropriately in Africa every month, sheesh.
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Kobojunkie: 2:37am On Apr 07, 2008
Needlelady:

You don't even know what I've done for my people and what am planning to do for Naija women. Whether i do it or not, whether am alive or not, they'll still live their lives. Same goes for your ponsors that give you a penny after harvesting a farm full of bountiful crops. Go ahead and cheapen yourself and very soon they'll extend their arm in the name of charity. Whenever they do, don't come complaining to me about it. Always or no Always, we must shit blood appropriately in Africa every month, sheesh.

What has what you are doing or what you imagine you may be doing soon to do with the current situation that people are dealing with. I mean from the beginning of this thread, I could almost swear you had no idea this particular problem existed. Now you are suddenly mother theresa of africa by having the few you can help but feeling free to condemn others who want to help as well? When you grow out of looking at life selfishly, maybe you will understand why you need to hang your head in shame that another man from another land has to come in to even show you what is happening in your own land. Till then, I say you mind your own business and let those who will gain, gain from the help that these "DEVILS" have to offer them but you do not. Simple!
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Needlelady(f): 3:01am On Apr 07, 2008
What has what you are doing or what you imagine you may be doing soon to do with the current situation that people are dealing with. I mean from the beginning of this thread, I could almost swear you had no idea this particular problem existed. Now you are suddenly mother theresa of africa by having the few you can help but feeling free to condemn others who want to help as well? When you grow out of looking at life selfishly, maybe you will understand why you need to hang your head in shame that another man from another land has to come in to even show you what is happening in your own land. Till then, I say you mind your own business and let those who will gain, gain from the help that these "DEVILS" have to offer them but you do not. Simple!
Which kin Buffalo soldier be this?
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Kobojunkie: 3:04am On Apr 07, 2008
Needlelady:

Which kin Buffalo soldier be this?

Are you sure you are not the one fighting a futile battle here?? You do not represent the people at all and you have not even been able to get your own government to do for your own. Are you sure this battle is worth fighting
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Needlelady(f): 3:07am On Apr 07, 2008
Are you sure you are not the one fighting a futile battle here?? You do not represent the people at all and you have not even been able to get your own government to do for your own. Are you sure this battle is worth fighting

Can you go to bed please or don't you have a partner?
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Kobojunkie: 3:09am On Apr 07, 2008
Needlelady:

Can you go to bed please or don't you have a partner?

LMAO!!!! I am happily unmarried (just in case you are going to come up with some wack theory that single people are miserable people) LMAO!!! I am a software engineer, so being at my computer 24/7 is not a problem at all in my career line, LMAO!!!
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Needlelady(f): 3:16am On Apr 07, 2008
LMAO!!!! I am happily unmarried (just in case you are going to come up with some wack theory that single people are miserable people) LMAO!!! I am a software engineer, so being at my computer 24/7 is not a problem at all in my career line, LMAO!!!

Will you rather marry your computer? so, all these girls roaming about in the romance section, you havent nailed one yet? haba! Are you afraid of buying sanitary pads?
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Kobojunkie: 3:17am On Apr 07, 2008
Needlelady:

Will you rather marry your computer? so, all these girls roaming about in the romance section, you havent nailed one yet? haba! Are you afraid of buying sanitary pads?

Well, you will need to ask them if they have ever met or heard of me and how.
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Needlelady(f): 3:27am On Apr 07, 2008
Because you are busy running around only in the politics section from spraying money thread to menstrual thread. All work and no play makes kobo a boring junkie.
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Kobojunkie: 3:29am On Apr 07, 2008
Needlelady:

Because you are busy running around only in the politics section from spraying money thread to menstrual thread. All work and no play makes kobo a boring junkie.

Well, I signed up to this forum for the discussions. If I am boring, my niece and my siblings and my mum are not complaining. As long as they are happy and I am, I am good.
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Needlelady(f): 3:37am On Apr 07, 2008
Since you are fixated on politics alone. will you mind if I put a nice Ad out in romance section for a new wife for you? You really need companionship and am sure your mum and sister will not complain either.
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Nobody: 3:39am On Apr 07, 2008
Ah ah what has this thread turned to? cheesy
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Needlelady(f): 3:43am On Apr 07, 2008
Ah ah what has this thread turned to
it has turned to google for Kobo's newb bride, that brother sure needs some loving.
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Kobojunkie: 3:45am On Apr 07, 2008
Needlelady:

Since you are fixated on politics alone. will you mind if I put a nice Ad out in romance section for a new wife for you? You really need companionship and am sure your mum and sister will not complain either.

I told you I am HAPPILY single. If I needed a companion bad, I would have signed up with Chemistry.com Or the other find-a-mate sites out there. Infact, I will level with you that I do not even understand why people need to have a romance forum or site online for them to find mates when all they need to do is  go out there to find what they want.

I am not here for romance, I am here to enjoy scintillating discussions with other folks who are here for the same.
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Needlelady(f): 3:47am On Apr 07, 2008
I am not here for romance, I am here to enjoy scintillating discussions with other folks who are here for the same.

That doesn't mean you will not give it a second thought. You need some loving.
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Kobojunkie: 3:50am On Apr 07, 2008
Needlelady:

That doesn't mean you will not give it a second thought. You need some loving.

I have all the love I can handle in my life as I speak. If God wanted me to have more, trust me, he would slap me with it. You should ask those who try to IM me for love everyday in here how they came to HATE me, LMAO!!!

Infact, put up a thread instead asking folks in there what there experience was when they tried to IM me for just chat or for love and you will definitely roll off your chair laughing at the responses. LMAO!!!!
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Nobody: 3:54am On Apr 07, 2008
Lmao
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Needlelady(f): 3:54am On Apr 07, 2008
I have all the love I can handle in my life as I speak. If God wanted me to have more, trust me, he would slap me with it. You should ask those who try to IM me for love everyday in here how they came to HATE me, LMAO!!!

See me offering you free hook up services  and you are passing on it. God will not come from heaven to marry a wife for you; who knows, HE may have provided Fuinmi to get you a wife. I'm still at your services nonetheless. You need to stay away from that computer for a while and explore your other talents.
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Kobojunkie: 3:57am On Apr 07, 2008
Needlelady:

See me offering you free hook up services and you are passing on it. God will not come from heaven to marry a wife for you; who knows, HE may have provided Fuinmi to get you a wife. I'm still at your services nonetheless. You need to stay away from that computer for a while and explore your other talents.

LMAO!!! God actually did not send you cause I just asked him and He said I should not mind you. LMAO!!! Infact, I actually believe that God will bring me to my own when it is his time. Trust me, God knows how to get my attention when he is ready. He is God for crying out loud, infact, I asked him to give me a dirty slap to get my attention should I prove too blind to see what He needs me to see. LMAO!!!
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by debosky(m): 4:15am On Apr 07, 2008
I personally believe the ad is in bad taste.

Granted people are poor in Africa who cannot afford sanitary towels, but why use it to guilt-trip people into buying a particular product? I believe that form of advertising is ethically questionable. If Always/Procter & Gamble wanted to do some CSR or humanitarian work, they should not link it to the sales of a product. They can ask for donations or set up a trust fund.

The percentage or fraction of your cost being used to 'help' these girls (virtually securing future customers for their products) is not stated, how certain are we that this 'good deed' will help? It is a cheap gimmick to make people feel they are ''helping the poor Africans' by patronizing always.

This has little to do with African leaders - the government's job is not to provide sanitary towels to its citizens. I think it is unethical; any such attempt to help or source for charity donations should be done strictly separated from their primary business.

@ Kobo

good luck finding a wife wink
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Kobojunkie: 4:24am On Apr 07, 2008
debosky:

This has little to do with African leaders - the government's job is not to provide sanitary towels to its citizens. I think it is unethical; any such attempt to help or source for charity donations should be done strictly separated from their primary business.
@ Kobo

good luck finding a wife wink

Interesting, so OLPC was wrong to ask people to buy it's product late last year with promise that a kid somewhere in a poor country would benefit from the sale. Well, this is what I have been saying all along. At least the UNETHICAL DEVILS are doing something to help the much they can. Still waiting to see what the ETHICAL bunch who know what is in good taste are actually doing for these people.
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Needlelady(f): 4:33am On Apr 07, 2008
Granted people are poor in Africa who cannot afford sanitary towels, but why use it to guilt-trip people into buying a particular product? I believe that form of advertising is ethically questionable. If Always/Procter & Gamble wanted to do some CSR or humanitarian work, they should not link it to the sales of a product. They can ask for donations or set up a trust fund.

The percentage or fraction of your cost being used to 'help' these girls (virtually securing future customers for their products) is not stated, how certain are we that this 'good deed' will help? It is a cheap gimmick to make people feel they are ''helping the poor Africans' by patronizing always.

Good point.
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by debosky(m): 4:36am On Apr 07, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Interesting, so OLPC was wrong to ask people to buy it's product late last year with promise that a kid somewhere in a poor country would benefit from the sale. Well, this is what I have been saying all along. At least the UNETHICAL DEVILS are doing something to help the much they can. Still waiting to see what the ETHICAL bunch who know what is in good taste are actually doing for these people.

First of all. . .how do you know they are doing 'as much as they can'? Are you their spokesperson or are you a participant/agent in distributing the materials? I am always skeptical of these 'helping hand' nonsense when it may simply be a guise to appear good in order to sell more and possibly write off someone's vacation in Zanzibar as part of CSR to 'donate' sanitary pads.

Secondly, your attempt to frame this as a 'what have you done' argument is deviating from the issue - Whether or not I or anyone else on this thread have/haven't spent a kobo to 'help' these people, it does not remove/add from one's opinion on the subject matter - it is highly distasteful to me and a disservice to the good work many charitable organisations and individuals are doing out there. It is an attempt to guilt-trip people into making you rich (by buying your products) by telling them it 'helps' someone. Unadulterated BS if you ask me.

If you are interested in tooting your horn about how much you are 'doing to help' and what others are not 'doing' find another thread for that.

Feel free to pat them on the back all you want, but I find it unacceptable.
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Needlelady(f): 4:37am On Apr 07, 2008
Interesting,  so OLPC was wrong to ask people to buy it's product late last year with promise that a kid somewhere in a poor country would benefit from the sale. Well, this is what I have been saying all along. At least the UNETHICAL DEVILS are doing something to help the much they can. Still waiting to see what the ETHICAL bunch who know what is in good taste are actually doing for these people.

You don't wanna see how other companies will queue up to harvest from this fraudulent business practices in due course. Perhaps, others will use this method to  infilterate the high moral culture in Africa by offering them peanuts in return.  Don't come complaining to me when this tactics will take its stronghold and shatter our moral structure at home.
Re: Mentrual Cycle Ad by Needlelady(f): 4:39am On Apr 07, 2008
LMAO!!! God actually did not send you cause I just asked him and He said I should not mind you. LMAO!!! Infact, I actually believe that God will bring me to my own when it is his time. Trust me, God knows how to get my attention when he is ready. He is God for crying out loud, infact[b], I asked him to give me a dirty slap to get my attention should I prove too blind to see what He needs me to see. [/b] LMAO!!!

You actually asked God to slap you sometimes? You see why i still think you need to lay off that programming mathematics and browse some ladies for a wife, it's very very therapeutic.

LMBAO.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution / The Unknown Facts About The Libyan Dictator Muammar Gaddafi / All Hail The New President Of The Senate….

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.