Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

iPhone5 Or Samsung Galaxy S3: Which Is Better? - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone5 Or Samsung Galaxy S3: Which Is Better? (22137 Views)

Pls Help Me Ooo I Bought And Iphone5 And I Cant Open It / Sony Xperia Z Or Samsung Galaxy S4: Which Should I Buy? / Golden iPhone5 Studded With 364 Diamonds. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: iPhone5 Or Samsung Galaxy S3: Which Is Better? by chumakk: 6:17am On Mar 29, 2013
Iphone5 or the new Nokia Lumia
Re: iPhone5 Or Samsung Galaxy S3: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 7:25am On Mar 29, 2013
Excellentman: S3 free movies downloads via torrents let iPhone beat that.. mehn too much features. you will definitely love it! cheesy
Shei na mtn go give your unlimited data bundle to download torrent movies for phone? Sorry.
Re: iPhone5 Or Samsung Galaxy S3: Which Is Better? by sirgigs: 7:29am On Mar 29, 2013
vosquare: Please i'm confused, which is better between iphone5 and Samsung s3
I want to buy one of them but am confused.
Bro, both platforms are very okay though. I have used both very well so I will just tell you it all depends on what you want, but if I must advise you I will prefer you go for the S3.
I have noticed most people buy the iphone because of its sleek nature and all but they later complain that everything is always done with an iTunes account and you will need a laptop or desktop,
No bluetooth file transfer as well.
But with a S3 you can download videos and music directly into your media library and all. The S3 equally offers you an awesome customisation of how you want your display to look.
GO FOR THE S3 that's all.
Re: iPhone5 Or Samsung Galaxy S3: Which Is Better? by NoContract(m): 8:54am On Mar 29, 2013
iPhones are not for the hungry folks. You have to meet up to keep up.

BTW, incase the OP don reach conclusion, make he come buy the phone for my shop o, we sell all kind of phones(+ chinko versions), iPhones, Samsungs, Huawei, Techno.

Just enter Computer village, ask for Okokoman Electronics. Dazall
Re: iPhone5 Or Samsung Galaxy S3: Which Is Better? by ewizard1: 8:55am On Mar 29, 2013
hafiz_efizi:
Shei na mtn go give your unlimited data bundle to download torrent movies for phone? Sorry.

Never worrymuch bro. Its possible. I have an unlimited data plan on mtn. and i dnt pay a dime.

Boiled, Cooked and Roasted MTN sim.
grin
Re: iPhone5 Or Samsung Galaxy S3: Which Is Better? by ewizard1: 8:57am On Mar 29, 2013
NoContract: iPhones are not for the hungry folks. You have to meet up to keep up.

BTW, incase the OP don reach conclusion, make he come buy the phone for my shop o, we sell all kind of phones(+ chinko versions), iPhones, Samsungs, Huawei, Techno.

Just enter Computer village, ask for Okokoman Electronics. Dazall

Be Location-Specific. CV is a big market.
What street?
Re: iPhone5 Or Samsung Galaxy S3: Which Is Better? by zenus(m): 8:57am On Mar 29, 2013
any one to exchange my s3 for an iPhone 5?
Re: iPhone5 Or Samsung Galaxy S3: Which Is Better? by NoContract(m): 9:02am On Mar 29, 2013
ewizard1:

Be Location-Specific. CV is a big market.
What street?

I dont want to say one thing make my oga at the top give new street address grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: iPhone5 Or Samsung Galaxy S3: Which Is Better? by clerkent(m): 9:09am On Mar 29, 2013
my guy sowie to ask,i kw galaxy is a hair cut bt is iphone a new model hair cut coz we that are in d village dnt kw wen upgrades ar made.tel me nw coz i want to barb o0o.
Re: iPhone5 Or Samsung Galaxy S3: Which Is Better? by kawkab: 9:19am On Mar 29, 2013
OP should kindly check www.gsmarena.com for a thorough comparism of SG S3 and iphone5.

so far samsung is the oga st the top. however Sony Xperia Z and LG optimus 4X HD P880 are strong competitors.

with the lunch of samsung galaxy s4 with its octa core processor apple would realy need to think up something new.
Re: iPhone5 Or Samsung Galaxy S3: Which Is Better? by pato123: 10:20am On Mar 29, 2013
To me I would prefer samsung cos am using an iPhone 4G and is nt freekin me the way samsung s3 is cool
Re: iPhone5 Or Samsung Galaxy S3: Which Is Better? by IdiAmin2(m): 10:56am On Mar 29, 2013
Laeasy: Pls pls pls am begging u guys dont compare an iphone to samsumg cos an iphone is far better than a s3.. Iphone has ova 900,000 applications.i personally is using an iphone 4s n goin for an iphone 5 soon

900,000 apps

of which 99.3% are absolutely useless and you will never use
Re: iPhone5 Or Samsung Galaxy S3: Which Is Better? by IdeeEsperanza(m): 11:44am On Mar 29, 2013
E-zed Dike:
Its blackberry Curve 3 for me anytime, anyday...u guys can keep ur iphone 20 and Samsung rocket abi na galaxy 30 tongue tongue [color=#990000][/color]
Nawa 2 you ooo! Blackberry no dey fear? We're discussing fish here and you're mentioning crayfish.
I have Samsung galaxy grand duos, its quite similar to S3. I browse, watch movies & make/receive calls @ the same time. Blackberry isn't quite a smarter smartphone. However, I prefer my galaxy grand 2 iPhone.
AnDrOiD aLL tHe WaY!
Re: iPhone5 Or Samsung Galaxy S3: Which Is Better? by BashToks: 12:28pm On Mar 29, 2013
jim jones:

bros, nor mind that mumu wey waste money on iphone because e get speech recognition.

and for the lot blabbering on about gaming on the iphone5...i dont know any serious gamers(dead or alive) that'll prefer gaming on a device with a smaller screen, weaker processor, and an absolutely useless battery. spec for spec, the iphone5 is a joke in comparison to the s3. it remains a phone for girls and the gays(not like there's anything wrong with any of those groups of people).

@OP: you're most definitely better off with an android device(S3). android is the now and the motherfukin' future.

ps: the iphone crowd are called iSHEEP for a reason....for a very good reason.

Bless you on this.
This write up should be in the mothrefcukin FACT BOOK!
Niggas talkin bawt gaming better on iPhone 5 Like on what basis please educate a brother!

1 Like

Re: iPhone5 Or Samsung Galaxy S3: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Mar 29, 2013
sd

2 Likes

Re: iPhone5 Or Samsung Galaxy S3: Which Is Better? by KazaaUpload: 1:25pm On Mar 29, 2013
pato123: To me I would prefer samsung cos am using an iPhone 4G and is nt freekin me the way samsung s3 is cool
You are deceiving yourself. Is there any such thing as an iPhone 4G?
Re: iPhone5 Or Samsung Galaxy S3: Which Is Better? by KazaaUpload: 1:35pm On Mar 29, 2013
Gbyte:
I wanted to read all the conversation on this thread before replying but this person here, yes YOU won't just let me. One thing I try not to do is say something I don't know. Check all of my posts and threads, I would only tell what I know. For you to have said iPhone would send files to another iPhone through Bluetooth has shown ME you don't even know what you are saying, you've not even been close to the phone let alone touch it. Quote me anywhere "unless jailbroken, even am iPhone wouldn't send files to another iPhone " that said, why do we all keep saying one thing over and over again, it's not new to iPhone users that an iPhone would not send anything to you through Bluetooth unless jailbroken, even the super Nokia that works so well with Bluetooth has now restricted sharing files with Bluetooth now; ask Lumia users, I have one so I know what am saying .
In otherwords, these phone companies are beginning to see that there is something wrong in just giving out everything on your phone to someone when you can actually buy your own, that way they maximize profit and more money for the owner of the song or the app developer. Even if you are an app developer, I bet you'd develop for iOS first before android because you know you'd make money faster there.
That said, we keep arguing over this phone been better than that one. Do you people still know that some people who can't afford to buy iPhone 5 still go out to buy iPhone 4? That tells you how good the phone is for a person to still buy the ones done 2yrs ago, some even still use IPhone 3GS;the white of 3GS is sexy. So what are we saying here. My brother, if you want a phone that you'd enjoy and also get the value of your money; use the phone for as long as u want and even when another generation comes out you still sell for good price or keep using it and it still represent, pls go for an iPhone but if you want a phone that you'd use today, probably enjoy it and after a while you don't like it again. Pls u can go for Samsung .

Let me tell you what some people would tell u to confuse u . They'd tell you an iPhone does not have a Memory card/slot. Now, let me ask you? Why do you need a memory card when u can choose to either buy 16GB 32GB or 64GB? Besides exchanging memory card from one phone to another would reduce the life span of your phone. That said, they'd also tell you about battery, aside the fact that you can change the battery of an iPhone whenever the need arise, ask @Suntemi on how to replace your battery. You won't need to do so, I've been using iPhone for a long time now and I've had no reason to change the battery once, so why should I bother about changing battery when I won't need to.
With all these said, I think I've tried my best to let you know about the phone and the choice is yours

My bros you've said it all. Me I love phones and have owned 4 Blackberry, the iphone 3G (from 2008), HTC 8x, galaxy s3 and iPhone 4S.....so I downed all platforms.
All are good and it comes down to opinions. But one is limiting themselves by not doing there own research and just keep saying the same (iPhone has no memory card) etc etc.

The beauty of the iPhone is that it's resell value holds more than any other. In most stores, the iphone 4 (a phone from THREE YEARS AGO) is still one of the top 5 selling handsets. Like you said that says it all.
I love android cos it allows customization. But reality is 90% of people have no desire, or no time to be rooting their phones, sending music over Bluetooth to their friends and all of that. I will keep saying it, the iPhone remains the highest selling phone in the world, and their is a reason for that. Sleek design, best selection of apps (the newest apps ALWAYS come to iPhone first - Instagram, temple run, BBC, you name it), intuitive OS, awesome camera, built in iCloud, iTunes U education resources built in, etc). Most techies would prefer android and that's cool too.
Re: iPhone5 Or Samsung Galaxy S3: Which Is Better? by Princeofilorin(m): 2:03pm On Mar 29, 2013
The bottom line is the Galaxy s3 is better than the iphone 5 in all aspects except design and it makes up for this with it's brilliant 4.8" Super Amoled screen.you can get almost any IOS app on android(for free sef if u know ur way wink)

Peace kiss
Re: iPhone5 Or Samsung Galaxy S3: Which Is Better? by ewizard1: 2:47pm On Mar 29, 2013
KazaaUpload:

My bros you've said it all. Me I love phones and have owned 4 Blackberry, the iphone 3G (from 2008), HTC 8x, galaxy s3 and iPhone 4S.....so I downed all platforms.
All are good and it comes down to opinions. But one is limiting themselves by not doing there own research and just keep saying the same (iPhone has no memory card) etc etc.

The beauty of the iPhone is that it's resell value holds more than any other. In most stores, the iphone 4 (a phone from THREE YEARS AGO) is still one of the top 5 selling handsets. Like you said that says it all.
I love android cos it allows customization. But reality is 90% of people have no desire, or no time to be rooting their phones, sending music over Bluetooth to their friends and all of that. I will keep saying it, the iPhone remains the highest selling phone in the world, and their is a reason for that. Sleek design, best selection of apps (the newest apps ALWAYS come to iPhone first - Instagram, temple run, BBC, you name it), intuitive OS, awesome camera, built in iCloud, iTunes U education resources built in, etc). Most techies would prefer android and that's cool too.

Bro! God bless for the bolded!
So the thing is IF YOU AIN'T TECHY HEADED, the android is not for you! Get the iphone for mere show-offs.
Re: iPhone5 Or Samsung Galaxy S3: Which Is Better? by miketayo(m): 2:49pm On Mar 29, 2013
Everyone is talking about looks, size and games. yall didnt talk about the chips inside and which phone do u think ll last longer?
i ll go for iphone any day.
Re: iPhone5 Or Samsung Galaxy S3: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Mar 29, 2013
Galaxy.Note.II:
[img]http://www.trolino.com/image?id=57559[/img]
lmao
Re: iPhone5 Or Samsung Galaxy S3: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Mar 29, 2013
Buy wat u can afford
Re: iPhone5 Or Samsung Galaxy S3: Which Is Better? by Kingsteve(m): 4:04pm On Mar 29, 2013
Gbyte:
I wanted to read all the conversation on this thread before replying but this person here, yes YOU won't just let me. One thing I try not to do is say something I don't know. Check all of my posts and threads, I would only tell what I know. For you to have said iPhone would send files to another iPhone through Bluetooth has shown ME you don't even know what you are saying, you've not even been close to the phone let alone touch it. Quote me anywhere "unless jailbroken, even am iPhone wouldn't send files to another iPhone " that said, why do we all keep saying one thing over and over again, it's not new to iPhone users that an iPhone would not send anything to you through Bluetooth unless jailbroken, even the super Nokia that works so well with Bluetooth has now restricted sharing files with Bluetooth now; ask Lumia users, I have one so I know what am saying .
In otherwords, these phone companies are beginning to see that there is something wrong in just giving out everything on your phone to someone when you can actually buy your own, that way they maximize profit and more money for the owner of the song or the app developer. Even if you are an app developer, I bet you'd develop for iOS first before android because you know you'd make money faster there.
That said, we keep arguing over this phone been better than that one. Do you people still know that some people who can't afford to buy iPhone 5 still go out to buy iPhone 4? That tells you how good the phone is for a person to still buy the ones done 2yrs ago, some even still use IPhone 3GS;the white of 3GS is sexy. So what are we saying here. My brother, if you want a phone that you'd enjoy and also get the value of your money; use the phone for as long as u want and even when another generation comes out you still sell for good price or keep using it and it still represent, pls go for an iPhone but if you want a phone that you'd use today, probably enjoy it and after a while you don't like it again. Pls u can go for Samsung .

Let me tell you what some people would tell u to confuse u . They'd tell you an iPhone does not have a Memory card/slot. Now, let me ask you? Why do you need a memory card when u can choose to either buy 16GB 32GB or 64GB? Besides exchanging memory card from one phone to another would reduce the life span of your phone. That said, they'd also tell you about battery, aside the fact that you can change the battery of an iPhone whenever the need arise, ask @Suntemi on how to replace your battery. You won't need to do so, I've been using iPhone for a long time now and I've had no reason to change the battery once, so why should I bother about changing battery when I won't need to.
With all these said, I think I've tried my best to let you know about the phone and the choice is yours

Yes, you're right to an extent, I have never owned an iphone, but that doesn't mean I haven't used an iphone, or any other Apple product, which all run the same ios.

I may have been mistaken, about the sharing of files between 2 iphones, but I know there are games you can play with other iphone or ipad users via bluetooth connection, hence; my assumption about sharing files... my bad!

Anyway, by pointing out the lack of file transfers, via bluetooth; even between the iphones, that clearly highlights what everyone has been lamenting about... RESTRICTION!

I don't care what their motives are for these restrictions on their products, but what I do care about is the freedom to do WHATEVER I want to do with and on my gadget, not what the company thinks I should or shouldn't do... Now; that's a deal breaker!

Having said that, life is all about choices, and as seen from the sales of iphones, it's clear that so many are willing to live with the restricted operating system Apple offers.

On the other hand, I also believe that people should be free to do what they like with their smartphones.
Why pay astronomical price for a gadget, only for you to realise that it can't even perform one of the basic functions of a phone? It just doesn'tmake sense...does it?

I've been an avid BlackBerry user, but I decided to test the waters, and the Android platform gave me the type of freedom I enjoyed on my BlackBerry.

It's your choice....'nuff said!

tongue
Re: iPhone5 Or Samsung Galaxy S3: Which Is Better? by Francheezy(m): 4:27pm On Mar 29, 2013
do you even kn0w w0t d 'I' in apple devices stands for ?
Re: iPhone5 Or Samsung Galaxy S3: Which Is Better? by Kingsteve(m): 4:50pm On Mar 29, 2013
Francheezy: do you even kn0w w0t d
'I' in apple devices stands for ?

If you don't have any meaningful thing to contribute, then do yourself a big favour and shut it!

What type of silly question is that..."Do you even know w0t d 'I' in apple devices stands for?

Engage brain, by contributing sensibly.
Oh, lest I forget, the answer to your question:

http://www.mobilespoon.net/2011/08/what-meaning-of-in-iphone-ipad.html?m=1

Happy?
Re: iPhone5 Or Samsung Galaxy S3: Which Is Better? by caukerzee(m): 4:55pm On Mar 29, 2013
E-zed Dike:
Its blackberry Curve 3 for me anytime, anyday...u guys can keep ur iphone 20 and Samsung rocket abi na galaxy 30 tongue tongue [color=#990000][/color]
Your reply is irrelevant to this therad.
Re: iPhone5 Or Samsung Galaxy S3: Which Is Better? by Francheezy(m): 4:58pm On Mar 29, 2013
Kingsteve:

If you don't have any meaningful thing to contribute, then do yourself a big favour and shut it!

What type of silly question is that..."Do you even know w0t d 'I' in apple devices stands for?

Engage brain, by contributing sensibly.
Oh, lest I forget, the answer to your question:

http://www.mobilespoon.net/2011/08/what-meaning-of-in-iphone-ipad.html?m=1

Happy?
ogami.......no b fyt naw...nawa 4 u oooh
Re: iPhone5 Or Samsung Galaxy S3: Which Is Better? by Kingsteve(m): 5:07pm On Mar 29, 2013
Francheezy: ogami.......no b fyt naw...nawa 4 u oooh

Yes, no be fight, but you were indirectly trying to take a dig at me, by questioning my intelligence, about the iphone.

I have zero tolerance for any form of attack!
Be warned...I bite!!!
Re: iPhone5 Or Samsung Galaxy S3: Which Is Better? by youngbilly1: 5:49pm On Mar 29, 2013
Am a died hard fan of Iphone but I would advise you go for the lastest S4, or if you cant wait go for the S3...am once n Iphone 4S user but...I kinda dislike iphone because of some major specs I can't get to send or recieve photos or music or what ever via bluetooth..and some crazy issues I personally dont like. playing games on S3 is cool large screen fun. but iphones battery is better than S3.

Am on S3 waiting for the S4 to be in nigeria, everyday I learn new things on the Samsung S3...S4 hahaha I wont talk much watch videos on YouTube...thats all I can say
Re: iPhone5 Or Samsung Galaxy S3: Which Is Better? by Francheezy(m): 5:59pm On Mar 29, 2013
Kingsteve:

Yes, no be fight, but you were indirectly trying to take a dig at me, by questioning my intelligence, about the iphone.

I have zero tolerance for any form of attack!
Be warned...I bite!!!
yh yh......i wz not reffering 2 any 1 in particular....it wz jst a GENERAL QUESTION
Re: iPhone5 Or Samsung Galaxy S3: Which Is Better? by henwun(m): 6:40pm On Mar 29, 2013
[quote author=dmcdad]
Is the smart tv for free

Yes , there are bonanza's going on right now, Check daily's news advert!
Re: iPhone5 Or Samsung Galaxy S3: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Mar 29, 2013
d

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Live Photos From TECNO Camon 18 Launch In Lagos / Pictures From Tecno Phantom 9 Launch In Lagos / How Can I Download Youtube Videos On My Tecno?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.