Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,719 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

A Mile From Home - Nigerian Trailer - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / A Mile From Home - Nigerian Trailer (9663 Views)

OJUJU Movie Trailer- A C.J Obasi Film / Trailer For Tunde Kelani’s Dazzling Mirage. A Brilliant Teaser Trailer. / A Mile From Home Screening NOW @ Capricorn Cinemas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Mile From Home - Nigerian Trailer by VillageBoi(m): 11:06pm On Mar 27, 2013
I just came across this, looks pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOwWHbTpAAs

2 Likes

Re: A Mile From Home - Nigerian Trailer by Jayboy124: 5:36pm On Mar 28, 2013
Will check it out.

1 Like

Re: A Mile From Home - Nigerian Trailer by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 29, 2013
wao! this is really nice.....

I'm gonna watch definitely. but guys.....take your time during post production........abeg. please.
Re: A Mile From Home - Nigerian Trailer by VillageBoi(m): 7:54pm On Mar 29, 2013
speedyboi: wao! this is really nice.....

I'm gonna watch definitely. but guys.....take your time during post production........abeg. please.

True, it's all about spending the time to make it look better. Small, small steps are being taken and I can't wait to watch this.
Re: A Mile From Home - Nigerian Trailer by ijebabe: 8:27pm On Mar 29, 2013
Oh my, this is really good. A movie that does not focus on runs girls, corny romance or confusing crime/thriller films grin
They did put in a lot of work although I could make out the car crash scene was digital and the flash of light from the guns didn't fall right or bright for no damn reason. But good acting, intense, I like it! Thanks VillageBoi smiley

1 Like

Re: A Mile From Home - Nigerian Trailer by Nobody: 1:40am On Mar 30, 2013
ijebabe: Oh my, this is really good. A movie that does not focus on runs girls, corny romance or confusing crime/thriller films grin
They did put in a lot of work although I could make out the car crash scene was digital and the flash of light from the guns didn't fall right or bright for no damn reason. But good acting, intense, I like it! Thanks VillageBoi smiley

LMAO....And didnt want to point it out oooo. but since its quite noticeable, lemme just say my mind. that's exactly the reason i begged them not to rush the post production! plus what you mentioned; i think some of the sound will need to be dubbed (i just feel it), cos i could hear some 'near irredeemable' background noise at some point. I can only hope there were several takes during the production(cos it's action), and i hope the story is good and the script is well written. This is an action movie and i would love it to be almost flop-less.
Re: A Mile From Home - Nigerian Trailer by eino: 12:02am On Apr 08, 2013
grin guyz, ordnary eyes will hardly see what u've seen and noticed about this movie trailer, u must be pro in d game to pik dat out and I'll like to have a close wrk with u guyz in future project. Its all about steping up the game...the best way I discribe d making of dis movie is turning trash to treasure...u need to hear d story of d making...purely gurila. Money didn't make dis movie...creativity, passion and courage did. By d way, I'm eric d direct and I appreciate and respect ur observations. Pls let's connect on BB:266c75ae I hav a lot to learn.

5 Likes

Re: A Mile From Home - Nigerian Trailer by VillageBoi(m): 12:26am On Apr 08, 2013
Good work Eric. I also saw your short film 'Hektor' on Youtube. Can you tell us more about 'A Mile From Home'. Thanks.
Re: A Mile From Home - Nigerian Trailer by Nobody: 1:52am On Apr 08, 2013
grin good to have you Eric. Just as my Bro on top said. Tell us more about mile from home. Thanks smiley
Re: A Mile From Home - Nigerian Trailer by prof800(m): 4:17am On Apr 08, 2013
Oga Erico, so na u do the film.? U b correct oo. i loved the trailer.
Re: A Mile From Home - Nigerian Trailer by eino: 2:48pm On Apr 08, 2013
Thanks a lot guyz, A Mile From Home is about a student who joined a gang in order to get a revenge...he got the revenge but lost everything else, his freedom, his future and decided to walk away from home...dats all I can say for now you can read abit more about us and d movie on www.hillspictures.com.ng u can also follow us on twiter @hillspictures ...thanks again guyz

1 Like

Re: A Mile From Home - Nigerian Trailer by ijebabe: 3:04pm On Apr 08, 2013
Hehehehe, I feel like I shouldn't have posted all that up there grin

Good job though Eric, this movie definitely a step in the right direction. Is this your first major film?
Re: A Mile From Home - Nigerian Trailer by VillageBoi(m): 4:10pm On Apr 08, 2013
ijebabe: Hehehehe, I feel like I shouldn't have posted all that up there grin

Good job though Eric, this movie definitely a step in the right direction. Is this your first major film?

There was absolutely nothing wrong in your post. Even Eric has said himself 'There is still a lot to learn'... and the simple truth is there is. If you ever want to call any filmmaker/artist out on any issue do so straight up. Sensible ones will take the good points on board.

3 Likes

Re: A Mile From Home - Nigerian Trailer by eino: 5:28pm On Apr 08, 2013
@ ijebabe, u were on point...if I can meet u, u'll be my best friend... This is my first feature movie...and there is still a lot of rooms for improvement... thanks a lot.
Re: A Mile From Home - Nigerian Trailer by ijebabe: 6:06pm On Apr 08, 2013
Thanks Eric. I'll subscribe to your channel for any updates smiley
Re: A Mile From Home - Nigerian Trailer by ijebabe: 6:08pm On Apr 08, 2013
VillageBoi:

There was absolutely nothing wrong in your post. Even Eric has said himself 'There is still a lot to learn'... and the simple truth is there is. If you ever want to call any filmmaker/artist out on any issue do so straight up. Sensible ones will take the good points on board.
My mouth gets me in trouble you know grin
Re: A Mile From Home - Nigerian Trailer by VillageBoi(m): 6:15pm On Apr 08, 2013
ijebabe:

Hahahaha... I'm giggling at the way you said what you just said. Chei... that is trouble! It wasn't me Ma'.
Re: A Mile From Home - Nigerian Trailer by ijebabe: 6:19pm On Apr 08, 2013
Hehehehehe!
Re: A Mile From Home - Nigerian Trailer by Originalsly: 10:28pm On Apr 08, 2013
Interesting! Don't ever underestimate the eyes of the non professional! I am one and do see flaws! I guess post production means to tidy up the film...make everything on point.The story is interesting but please...when the trailer is ready...let it not be all about flying bullets!The cast looks pretty good to me...like movie actors instead of the usual stage actors.I am also impressed that you still see room for improvement and not boasting that your movie would be the hmmm...baddest action movie ever to come out of the whole of Africa! Keep us posted so we can spread the word and support your effort.

3 Likes

Re: A Mile From Home - Nigerian Trailer by eino: 5:45am On Apr 09, 2013
"Never underestimate the eyes of the non-professionals" dats a great word... Though I never did... there's a limit to where creativity only can take u, dis is an extremely low budget, self financed movie... in fact, I have a pair of shoes left since I started dis project ...heheheheheh!..but seriously, .I had to be a part of dis conversation because ur criticisms were constructive and on point. I will focus more dat word...thanks again bro, I appreciate u guys more than u can imagine.
Re: A Mile From Home - Nigerian Trailer by prof800(m): 10:36am On Apr 09, 2013
oga erico ur youtube channel is hillstv abi..make i subscribe ehnn..

i hope u hang around here more often and share ur experience and contribute to other peoples effort, u hear ehn..?
Cheers!
Re: A Mile From Home - Nigerian Trailer by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 09, 2013
ijebabe:

Not as Much as mine does grin

@Eric......I do like how you responded to all comments. If this is really how you're, then you'll go far in the arts. I will keep my fingers crossed for the movie. But like I said, take ur time. If the money finish, pause the production; don't do wuruwuru to finish.

Since the trailer is out and its cool, I think you should be able to get some sponsors - they could help complete the project with their investments. But if you can't get any firm to trust you enough(which I doubt), don't worry. if this ends up a superb work, it will favour your next project. You will get sponsors at the snap of your fingers; even before production starts

2 Likes

Re: A Mile From Home - Nigerian Trailer by VillageBoi(m): 11:34am On Apr 09, 2013
My broda from anoda motha & our madam. They dey ask me for this thread where una dey? Make una come joins us - https://www.nairaland.com/1242389/short-film-script-paranoia
Re: A Mile From Home - Nigerian Trailer by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 09, 2013
VillageBoi: My broda from anoda motha & our madam. They dey ask me for this thread where una dey? Make una come joins us - https://www.nairaland.com/1242389/short-film-script-paranoia

Lol....I've read the script since jare. I just didn't feel like commenting. Then you said what I would Av said, So I just lock up grin. Your point is my point; Just like in the thread 'why are nigerian music videos better than the movies?'. Yea...I visited that too during its trend cheesy. But I agreed with all ur points as well wink
Re: A Mile From Home - Nigerian Trailer by Enoquin(f): 4:31pm On Apr 09, 2013
Nice one! I smiled watching it...what steps we are taking towards progress...Yes, the sound had a bit of a problem and I know you wanted to convince your audience on the credibility of the 'gore' and stunts but it was a bit too much for a trailer. Once again bros, you too try!
Re: A Mile From Home - Nigerian Trailer by VillageBoi(m): 4:51pm On Apr 09, 2013
speedyboi:

Lol....I've read the script since jare. I just didn't feel like commenting. Then you said what I would Av said, So I just lock up grin. Your point is my point; Just like in the thread 'why are nigerian music videos better than the movies?'. Yea...I visited that too during its trend cheesy. But I agreed with all ur points as well wink

Hahahaha my broda just said I'm gobby like a goby fish.

...I wonder why they call them 'goby' fish, it's not as if they really do have big mouths! Stupid scientists... I will only date artists from now, whencforth and froth on!
Re: A Mile From Home - Nigerian Trailer by sholay2011(m): 4:52pm On Apr 09, 2013
speedyboi:

Bros abeg comment jare! Don't you know no thread is valid in this section without you and Madam ijebabe's comments grin
Re: A Mile From Home - Nigerian Trailer by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 09, 2013
Enoquin: Nice one! I smiled watching it...what steps we are taking towards progress...Yes, the sound had a bit of a problem and I know you wanted to convince your audience on the credibility of the 'gore' and stunts but it was a bit too much for a trailer. Once again bros, you too try!

I totally agree with the bolded, I wanted to mention that but it skipped my mind. There were too many meaningless and unnecessary shootings, then the summary of the story which is the main purpose of a trailer suffered. Well, I think you should have released this clip as a teaser as it looks more like it. I hope there will be a second/theatrical/official trailer (anything you wanna call it) much later which will tell us what the story is about and ofcourse less shootings. Goodluck smiley

EDIT: Afterall said, Fvck Trailer......Work on the movie wink
Re: A Mile From Home - Nigerian Trailer by Nobody: 6:54pm On Apr 09, 2013
sholay2011:
Bros abeg comment jare! Don't you know no thread is valid in this section without you and Madam ijebabe's comments grin
Ijebabe? Okay......
Me?? abegi!
Or Maybe you meant Villageboi and Ijebabe.....those are the strongest guys here grin
Re: A Mile From Home - Nigerian Trailer by ijebabe: 7:08pm On Apr 09, 2013
^Say what? ABeg don't play that card, go and comment on the thread undecided

Erm VillageBoi, like Speedy I read, nodded and moved on embarassed but I'll go comment....after Speedy grin
Re: A Mile From Home - Nigerian Trailer by ijebabe: 7:10pm On Apr 09, 2013
sholay2011:
All those years of watching TV instead of doing homework paid off grin
Re: A Mile From Home - Nigerian Trailer by sholay2011(m): 7:18pm On Apr 09, 2013
ijebabe:
All those years of watching TV instead of doing homework paid off grin
Lol...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Actors Or Actresses You Would Want To Act With / The Bling Lagosians – (full Nollywood Movie) / Your Favourite Movie Villains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.