Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,776 members, 7,810,025 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

A Short History Of Yorubaland With Pictures - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / A Short History Of Yorubaland With Pictures (154421 Views)

Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador / Alaafin Of Oyo Awards Aregbesola Title Of Omoluabi Of Yorubaland (PHOTOS) / The Art And Architecture Of Yorubaland! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Short History Of Yorubaland With Pictures by demmie1: 4:40pm On Jun 22, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

its ok.

1) AS Tribals, our duty to our tribal bloodline and lineage comes before our mere se.xual temptations. If you are not tribal or have no feeling towards your tribe, you want understand this.

2)Impossible. THey did not revert to pure Ifa Orisha nor could they do so. You can provide me the locations and Ill tell you its not the same thing. Also Paganism does not work that way. THey are mixed with different tribes. Ifa Orisha is applicable only to Yorubas.

3) They DO NOT speak Yoruba! Gosh. they just have one or two words in their vocabulary! THey speak european languages today! (spanish/portuguese and these days english as well)
English is a Universal language that I must use to communicate with tribes around the world. However Im well fluent in my own native tongue and I use that when among my people.

4) If you are mixed its not your fault. but please dont mix us as well. Maintain yourself and appreciate us. dont destroy our future. THnx.

boy?! yiu are stubbornly ignorant angry
Re: A Short History Of Yorubaland With Pictures by Katsumoto: 4:48pm On Jun 22, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

its ok.

1) AS Tribals, our duty to our tribal bloodline and lineage comes before our mere se.xual temptations. If you are not tribal or have no feeling towards your tribe, you want understand this.

2)Impossible. THey did not revert to pure Ifa Orisha nor could they do so. You can provide me the locations and Ill tell you its not the same thing. Also Paganism does not work that way. THey are mixed with different tribes. Ifa Orisha is applicable only to Yorubas.

3) They DO NOT speak Yoruba! Gosh. they just have one or two words in their vocabulary! THey speak european languages today! (spanish/portuguese and these days english as well)
English is a Universal language that I must use to communicate with tribes around the world. However Im well fluent in my own native tongue and I use that when among my people.

4) If you are mixed its not your fault. but please dont mix us as well. Maintain yourself and appreciate us. dont destroy our future. THnx.

1. This exposes your lack of understanding of human social sciences (anthropology, human geography, sociology, etc). When God created man, did he create a man and woman for every tribe? Or did man move around and settle in different places? Language you speak is determined by the language in a certain geographical area, skin colour by weather and the elements, etc. Point - migration is what made man different but all men are essentially from the same bloodline.

2. Have you ever been to Salvador? Have you partaken in any Yoruba rituals?

3. Again, have you ever been to Salvador? Have you partaken in any Yoruba rituals? My point is that it can't be as pure as the motherland but it obtains even if its a minority.

4. You are mixed as well but maybe not as recent as me. Trust me, my last priority is preserving some funny bloodlines - my main priority in selecting a life mate would be my happiness and satisfaction.

3 Likes

Re: A Short History Of Yorubaland With Pictures by demmie1: 4:53pm On Jun 22, 2013
Katsumoto:

1. This exposes your lack of understanding of human social sciences (anthropology, human geography, sociology, etc). When God created man, did he create a man and woman for every tribe? Or did man move around and settle in different places? Language you speak is determined by the language in a certain geographical area, skin colour by weather and the elements, etc. Point - migration is what made man different but all men are essentially from the same bloodline.

3. Again, have you ever been to Salvador? Have you partaken in any Yoruba rituals? My point is that it can't be as pure as the motherland but it obtains even if its a minority.

4. You are mixed as well but maybe not as recent as me. Trust me, my last priority is preserving some funny bloodlines - my main priority in selecting a life mate would be my happiness and satisfaction.

Kats, next time you want to talk to the boy, pls refer to my last post.
Re: A Short History Of Yorubaland With Pictures by Katsumoto: 5:15pm On Jun 22, 2013
demmie1:

Kats, next time you want to talk to the boy, pls refer to my last post.

grin grin grin grin
Re: A Short History Of Yorubaland With Pictures by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:30pm On Jun 22, 2013
Katsumoto:

1) I know enough about Athropology, (which currently is still undergoing significant research).
God didnt create 1 single man and woman and they inbred and produced all the races. Because that would kill them. its inbreeding. it could produce deformed kids.

The Creator God created different ape like ancestors across the world. We gradually evolved from these founder species into our different Greater Ethnic groups, which migrated and divided further into tribes.

2) Ive never been to Salvador but i know people who practice Candomble ,etc., and Ive seen the rituals . they are not original and they are heavily mixed.

3)yes ive partaken in Pure Yoruba rituals by Yoruba Babalawos. and is salvador the only place you got?

4) Im not at all mixed. Im 100% Hausa and Chadic Sahelian. we have never mixed with anyone. we gradually evolved into our current forms.

ofcourse you are not tribal, so your priority would be mating with any se.xually attractive girl you catch hold of.
Re: A Short History Of Yorubaland With Pictures by TonySpike: 5:48pm On Jun 22, 2013
Oga Kats, you don jam Pagan9ja today. This argument will follow an infinite loop. His current argument reminds me of Ayanle/somali9, that guy is a fr.eaking troll and argues blindly.

2 Likes

Re: A Short History Of Yorubaland With Pictures by Katsumoto: 6:05pm On Jun 22, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

1) I know enough about Athropology, (which currently is still undergoing significant research).
God didnt create 1 single man and woman and they inbred and produced all the races. Because that would kill them. its inbreeding. it could produce deformed kids.

The Creator God created different ape like ancestors across the world. We gradually evolved from these founder species into our different Greater Ethnic groups, which migrated and divided further into tribes.

2) Ive never been to Salvador but i know people who practice Candomble ,etc., and Ive seen the rituals . they are not original and they are heavily mixed.

3)yes ive partaken in Pure Yoruba rituals by Yoruba Babalawos. and is salvador the only place you got?

4) Im not at all mixed. Im 100% Hausa and Chadic Sahelian. we have never mixed with anyone. we gradually evolved into our current forms.

ofcourse you are not tribal, so your priority would be mating with any se.xually attractive girl you catch hold of.

1. You avoided my questions - Did God create men and women for each ethnic group? Did these ethnic groups not mix with other groups? For instance, as men migrated from region to region, did they not mix and reproduce with other groups?

2. How do you know people who practice Candomble? You have seen it on TV? Is it possible that what you saw on TV is not the same as what exists? Candomble in itself has mixed a bit with other African religions most notably Bantu and non African relions e.g Catholicism. In any case, I wasn't referring to pure Ifa worshipping which is not as popular as Candomble and is still very much a Yoruba tradition. There are a few pure Babalawos.

3. There are other places in Uruguay, Colombia, Panama but it is most preserved in Salvador. So my reference will be to the purest form and my own personal experience.

4. Yes I am not tribal but my love for Yoruba history, traditions, culture, religion, etc. knows no bounds even if my father isn't Yoruba. I am sure folks like you would discrimate against non-Africans who learn African languages like that American girl called Titi who speaks Yoruba well but with a funny accent. Are you suggesting that Chadic Sahelian have a 100% dna even though they migrated from Nubia (Sudan) between the 6th and 8th century? see below

'According to a Y-DNA study by Hassan et al. (2008), about 40% of Hausa in Sudan carry the West Eurasian haplogroup R1b. The remainder and majority belong to various Sub-Saharan paternal lineages: 15.6% B, 12.5% A and 12.5% E1b1a. A small minority of around 3% are E1b1b clade bearers, a haplogroup which is most common in North Africa and the Horn of Africa.[3]
In terms of overall ancestry, an autosomal DNA study by Tishkoff et al. (2009) found the Hausa to be most closely related to Nilotic populations from Nigeria, Cameroon, central Chad and South Sudan. This suggests that the Hausa and other modern Chadic speaking populations originally spoke Nilo-Saharan languages, before later adopting languages from the Afro-Asiatic family.'

Source - Tishkoff(2009), "The Genetic Structure and History of Africans and African Americans"

Now that you know your dna is mixed, what are you going to do?
Re: A Short History Of Yorubaland With Pictures by Katsumoto: 6:08pm On Jun 22, 2013
Tony Spike: Oga Kats, you don jam Pagan9ja today. This argument will follow an infinite loop. His current argument reminds me of Ayanle/somali9, that guy is a fr.eaking troll and argues blindly.

Infinite loop!!!!

I never forget the original position. He can only tie himself in a knot. Lets watch
Re: A Short History Of Yorubaland With Pictures by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:22pm On Jun 22, 2013
Katsumoto:

1. You avoided my questions - Did God create men and women for each ethnic group? Did these ethnic groups not mix with other groups? For instance, as men migrated from region to region, did they not mix and reproduce with other groups?

2. How do you know people who practice Candomble? You have seen it on TV? Is it possible that what you saw on TV is not the same as what exists? Candomble in itself has mixed a bit with other African religions most notably Bantu and non African relions e.g Catholicism. In any case, I wasn't referring to pure Ifa worshipping which is not as popular as Candomble and is still very much a Yoruba tradition. There are a few pure Babalawos.

3. There are other places in Uruguay, Colombia, Panama but it is most preserved in Salvador. So my reference will be to the purest form and my own personal experience.

4. Yes I am not tribal but my love for Yoruba history, traditions, culture, religion, etc. knows no bounds even if my father isn't Yoruba. I am sure folks like you would discrimate against non-Africans who learn African languages like that American girl called Titi who speaks Yoruba well but with a funny accent. Are you suggesting that Chadic Sahelian have a 100% dna even though they migrated from Nubia (Sudan) between the 6th and 8th century? see below

'According to a Y-DNA study by Hassan et al. (2008), about 40% of Hausa in Sudan carry the West Eurasian haplogroup R1b. The remainder and majority belong to various Sub-Saharan paternal lineages: 15.6% B, 12.5% A and 12.5% E1b1a. A small minority of around 3% are E1b1b clade bearers, a haplogroup which is most common in North Africa and the Horn of Africa.[3]
In terms of overall ancestry, an autosomal DNA study by Tishkoff et al. (2009) found the Hausa to be most closely related to Nilotic populations from Nigeria, Cameroon, central Chad and South Sudan. This suggests that the Hausa and other modern Chadic speaking populations originally spoke Nilo-Saharan languages, before later adopting languages from the Afro-Asiatic family.'

Source - Tishkoff(2009), "The Genetic Structure and History of Africans and African Americans"

Now that you know your dna is mixed, what are you going to do?

1) God did not "create" man and woman. We evolved from different ape-like pre-homo-sapien ancestor populations that had spread across the world. No they did not unless they were similar.

Not in the least. At isolated times, there might have been slight intermixing but this was usually diluted by the Greater genopool. THere was no serious intermixing as happened in South America and Europe.

2) Nope. I have acuqaintences. I've seen videos as well. Candomble is popular only in the New World. However its popularity hardly matters. What matters is pure unadulterated Ifa Orisha religion from Benin/Togo and Yorubaland.
There are many pure Babalawos in Nigeria.

3)what does this have in bearing. Show me a video of the Salvador version. Il prove it that its not pure. its just impossible that pure Ifa Orisha survived into the americas.

4) Dude it doesn't matter whether you love or hate Yorubas. just stop trying to become or assimilate with Yorubas, ok?

We didn't exactly migrate from Nubia. The Nubians themselves came from a wave of other migrations.
We were just spread across the Sahel. btw do you know that the term "Sudan" was also used for places as far as Mali during colonial times
I have pure Chadic Sahelian DNA. you can even test me.

btw the Hausa of Sudan are mostly recent migrants. There are hardly any hausa there except for traders and students in Khartoum.

btw your article is flawed. There are no Nilotic populations in Nigeria/Cameroon. go figure.

All the Nilotic tribes are spread across SOuth Sudan, Uganda, Great Lakes Region, parts of Ethiopia and Northern Kenya.
Re: A Short History Of Yorubaland With Pictures by sweetcheecks(f): 6:27pm On Jun 22, 2013
onila: how do u cope with yr Nigerian female inlaws

dont u find them nosy and mean undecided

Mom inlaw passed on a while ago. Brothers and sister are amazingly sweet. And all not living in Naija and grew up outside Naija. Very loving and caring beings, they treat me like an egg, lol. Love them to bits. kiss
Re: A Short History Of Yorubaland With Pictures by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:29pm On Jun 22, 2013
an egg that will soon be fried on a hot pan. .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Short History Of Yorubaland With Pictures by sweetcheecks(f): 6:40pm On Jun 22, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
an egg that will soon be fried on a hot pan. .

What hot pan? please don't hold your breath. My inlaws are also not 100% Yoruba and definately not pagan. I have no business with pagan anything.

You would do yourself a favour by not enforcing and making yourself a judge and jury for other people's breeding patterns and concentrate on yours. Am sure some will admire your aspirations to keep your bloodline pure but we are happy with ours as they are. Importantly though that does not mean we should not admire history of different tribes. Its not for you to say. Unless someone died and made you god over tribes and we missed the memo. undecided
Re: A Short History Of Yorubaland With Pictures by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:43pm On Jun 22, 2013
sweetcheecks:

What hot pan? please don't hold your breath. My inlaws are also not 100% Yoruba and definately not pagan. I have no business with pagan anything.

You would do yourself a favour by not enforcing and making yourself a judge and jury for other people's breeding patterns and concentrate on yours. Am sure some will admire your aspirations to keep your bloodline pure but we are happy with ours as they are. Importantly though that does not mean we should not admire history of different tribes. Its not for you to say. Unless someone died and made you god over tribes and we missed the memo. undecided

oh thats ok then. if mixed ppl marry mixed ppl.

The matter of all tribes concerns me. We are entering a new era whereby the tribes of the world must unite to fight against the west annd other half-bred forces.

Tribals of the World!
Unite For Paganism!

cool
Re: A Short History Of Yorubaland With Pictures by DuduNegro: 6:44pm On Jun 22, 2013

1 Like

Re: A Short History Of Yorubaland With Pictures by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jun 22, 2013
sweetcheecks:

Sweetcheeks - sweetcheeks man wink ( lovers) wink cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy wink

1 Like

Re: A Short History Of Yorubaland With Pictures by Katsumoto: 6:54pm On Jun 22, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

1) God did not "create" man and woman. We evolved from different ape-like pre-homo-sapien ancestor populations that had spread across the world. No they did not unless they were similar.

Not in the least. At isolated times, there might have been slight intermixing but this was usually diluted by the Greater genopool. THere was no serious intermixing as happened in South America and Europe.

2) Nope. I have acuqaintences. I've seen videos as well. Candomble is popular only in the New World. However its popularity hardly matters. What matters is pure unadulterated Ifa Orisha religion from Benin/Togo and Yorubaland.
There are many pure Babalawos in Nigeria.

3)what does this have in bearing. Show me a video of the Salvador version. Il prove it that its not pure. its just impossible that pure Ifa Orisha survived into the americas.

4) Dude it doesn't matter whether you love or hate Yorubas. just stop trying to become or assimilate with Yorubas, ok?

We didn't exactly migrate from Nubia. The Nubians themselves came from a wave of other migrations.
We were just spread across the Sahel. btw do you know that the term "Sudan" was also used for places as far as Mali during colonial times
I have pure Chadic Sahelian DNA. you can even test me.

btw the Hausa of Sudan are mostly recent migrants. There are hardly any hausa there except for traders and students in Khartoum.

btw your article is flawed. There are no Nilotic populations in Nigeria/Cameroon. go figure.

All the Nilotic tribes are spread across SOuth Sudan, Uganda, Great Lakes Region, parts of Ethiopia and Northern Kenya.

1. God didn't create man and woman but created ape like creatures who evolved into man and woman. But who created these ape like creatures?
What matters is that there was mixing. All groups mixed; there isn't a single group on this planet that isn't mixed. I dare you to produce one literature that states that the Chadic Sahelian have 100% dna of one group.

2. I should show you a video of the Salvador version? shocked shocked shocked Do you carry a video camera and tape proceedings when you are part of a ritual? You can't pretend to be an expert of something you haven't witnessed.

3. You asked why I mentioned Salvador in particular and I gave you an answer.

4. LMAO - You are going to do a lot more than that to stop me. With so many bootylicious Yoruba women around the globe, I am sure going to plant my seed in one and there aint anything you can do about it. Its not like you are Yoruba anyway. grin grin grin grin

Beginning in Nubia about 10,000 years ago, the Kushites spread into the interior of Africa along the Shari and the Benue rivers, establishing kingdoms and chieftains as far at Lagos in Nigeria and into the southern Kordafan. They also went west. The Ashante of Ghana were Kushites. Nte means "people of" and Asha is a proper name. The Ashante are the people of Asha, a Kushite ruler who established a kingdom in West Africa.

The name Asha is a priestly name in the Bible. One of Jesse's grandsons was named Asahel, which means "made by God." The priest Elkanah had a son named Am-asi (I Chron. 2:25, 35) and a Jerusalem priest was named Am-ashai (Neh. 11:13). This suggests that the origins of the priesthood of Israel are to be traced to the older Kushite civilization.

The word Akan is likely related to the biblical figure Kain, who was a Kushite. He is associated with the beginnings of metal work in Africa.

Kush is both a vast region and an ethnicity in the Bible. The various regions of ancient Kush later came to be called by different names. Nubia, the land of gold (nu (means gold) was later called Aithiopia by the Greeks. Aithiopia means black. When the Arabs arrived, they translated aithiopia into the Arabic equivalent soudan (Sudan) which means black.

Before the naming of modern nations, the Kushite territories were ruled by tribal chiefs and overlords of larger territories. Biblical Kush included southern Sudan, the Lake Chad region of Nigeria, Ethiopia, Somalia, Kenya and Tanzania. The culture was essentially Nilotic.

Linguistic and archaeological evidence supports the biblical picture of Abraham's ancestors coming from the Upper Nile region that was part of Kush and spreading their culture and religious beliefs by the great water systems across what I've termed the ancient "Afro-Asiatic Domnion."

http://jandyongenesis..ca/2010/01/conversation-with-hausa-muslim.html

'Between 500 CE and 700 CE Hausa people, who had been slowly moving west from Nubia and mixing in with the local Northern and Central Nigerian population, established a number of strong states in what is now Northern and Central Nigeria and Eastern Niger.'

http://anthrocivitas.net/forum/archive/index.php/t-3043.html

You are making lots of assertions without anything to support. Please start supporting your positions with some text even if its wikipedia.

So far you have been wrong on
1. There being no Nilotic culture in Northern Nigeria
2. Hausa dna being 100%
3. The Hausas not migrating from Sudan; dude most groups migrated from Nubia.
Re: A Short History Of Yorubaland With Pictures by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jun 22, 2013
sweetcheecks:

@Pagan, now go back and read slowly I said tribalist, racist and xenophobics in SA. I do not know you and have no interest to rade your profile, you are of no significance in my life, I so would not give you any of these tittles.

And by the way you do not know me either so calling me half breed just shows your shallow mind. I am a Xhosa from the Royal Thembus. Whatever you call yourself is your business, even Neo Nazis claim the same purity cause and unfortunately the world is not going to stop turning to nurse your purity delusion. Just stick to your hausa tribe and stay of others business, we wont even smell you.

About corrupting "our" tribes comment, from what I have lent hausa is already corrupt. Sorry no interest in Corrupting Hausa but Yoruba's then yah, i am all into being corrupted by their genes. grin wink Xhosa and Yoruba's are just a perfect African match, sophisticated, brainy, classy and just majestic African gods! Mmmmhhmm kiss

Eg. Wole Soyinka - Thabo Mbeki ( intelligence)
Awolowo - Nelson Mandela ( states men)
MKO - Chris Hanni ( brave men)
Fela Kuti - Ntsikane ( future tellers, musicians)
Sweetcheeks - sweetcheeks man wink ( lovers) wink cheesy
im feeling ur trip for us babe....all we luv ya too
Re: A Short History Of Yorubaland With Pictures by sweetcheecks(f): 7:26pm On Jun 22, 2013
St_Black:
im feeling ur trip for us babe....all we luv ya too

Thanks for the luv, bro! wink
Re: A Short History Of Yorubaland With Pictures by DuduNegro: 7:30pm On Jun 22, 2013
;

1 Like

Re: A Short History Of Yorubaland With Pictures by TonySpike: 7:47pm On Jun 22, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Btw your article is flawed. There are no Nilotic populations in Nigeria/Cameroon . go figure.

Contrary to the bolded statement, there are evidences that our modern Yoruba language template might have been built on Nilotic language template. Although, the current classification is Niger-Congo. I have been doing some comparisons with my Kenyan Luo friend and I have no doubt that the modern Yoruba language was built on Western Nilotic (Western Sudan) language settings. So, I don't want you to make any absolute statement on the non-existence of Nilotic migrations into West Africa, and Nigeria in particular.
Re: A Short History Of Yorubaland With Pictures by manibuds(m): 7:59pm On Jun 22, 2013
katsumoto,i like your excerpt [Source - Tishkoff(2009), "The Genetic Structure and History of Africans and African Americans"]
how can anybody talk about any sensitive human issue without saying something thru the genetic/geneaological angle.
studies of present day pple living in england show that they are more closely related to Spaniards but ask them about their history and culture and they'll cling to anglo-saxons and roman influences,who came as conquerors and rulers but the everyday pple on the british isle were pple who migrated northwards from spain!
some igbos claim links wit isreal without bothering to do a genetic check.
over 20million nigerians speak english today,maybe in 500years time some of our descendants will claim they migrated from england.
there is a reason yoruba which some pple say is the original language of the oyos became wide spread in what is present day SW nigeria[most likely related to survival in the slave trade era,the oyo empire along with the benin empire helped nigeria earn the nick name 'slave coast',remember we had 'gold coast'& 'ivory coast'.
katsumoto please open a thread on genealogy of nigerian tribes,all this 'we are from egypt' jokes should make may for sound logic.
Re: A Short History Of Yorubaland With Pictures by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 22, 2013
shymexx: @9jacrip

^^^I think Islam came to Yorubaland before the 18th century. The Nupe's might have helped in the spread of Islam in Yorubaland, however, there were Yoruba Islamic scholars in the 16th and 17th century(and probably earlier than that). Islam in Yorubaland goes way back to trading with Songhay and the Songhay empire.

Heck, there were Yoruba muslim slaves in the new world called - the imales(males) - back in the time of yore. And that should be way older than the 18th century claim.

I stand to be corrected, though.
brotherly,islam neva existed in odualand until d man called Alimi stepped on d soils of ilorin.d Nupe tribe neva had d thought of imposing religion wen they invaded Oyo then.they were only afta d slavery dating back to those times in d BC.......

in whole essense,uthman was d one who marshalled d existense of islam in Oyo,not only in Oyo but also d whole of present-day Nigeria and d legacy was wat Alimi(also fulani) enforced ilorin wit
if u find me uncertain or u have objections,id like u take this link first,den tell me anoda view

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilorin_Emirate
Re: A Short History Of Yorubaland With Pictures by TonySpike: 8:10pm On Jun 22, 2013
Oga Kats, that was a nice response with wonderful referencing. I've been talking to dudu_negro that the Yoruba language retained a lot of Nilotic elements. Your reference above has given a new light as to why it is so. It appears that the Yoruba language seem to have retained a lot of Nilotic language style over a long period without little changes. The only additions to our language seems to be the Arabic influence, and probably Canaanite religious words How do you think the original Nilotic language remained almost visible in modern Yoruba language till today? Does it mean we were isolated for a longer time or what?
Re: A Short History Of Yorubaland With Pictures by Katsumoto: 8:40pm On Jun 22, 2013
Tony Spike: Oga Kats, that was a nice response with wonderful referencing. I've been talking to dudu_negro that the Yoruba language retained a lot of Nilotic elements. Your reference above has given a new light as to why it is so. It appears that the Yoruba language seem to have retained a lot of Nilotic language style over a long period without little changes. The only additions to our language seems to be the Arabic influence, and probably Canaanite religious words How do you think the original Nilotic language remained almost visible in modern Yoruba language till today? Does it mean we were isolated for a longer time or what?

The Yoruba language is from the Niger-Congo family. It is not Nilotic but the Nilotic terms were introduced over time as groups from Nubia migrated downwards and also through traveling scholars and traders. Many of the terms in use are also Arabic but often referred to as Nilotic.
Re: A Short History Of Yorubaland With Pictures by tpia5: 9:04pm On Jun 22, 2013
should this nairaland not be renamed lie-lie land or is it onechance land abi na yahooyahooland.

whats with all the offtopic posts?

na who dem concern?

1 Like

Re: A Short History Of Yorubaland With Pictures by DuduNegro: 9:06pm On Jun 22, 2013
Musical instruments

Flute parts and drums

1 Like

Re: A Short History Of Yorubaland With Pictures by DuduNegro: 9:08pm On Jun 22, 2013
Drum and rattles

1 Like

Re: A Short History Of Yorubaland With Pictures by DuduNegro: 9:13pm On Jun 22, 2013
Articles of divination

Re: A Short History Of Yorubaland With Pictures by DuduNegro: 9:21pm On Jun 22, 2013
IFA TEMPLAR - The 16 Odus

The essence of duality - paired and opposite.

Re: A Short History Of Yorubaland With Pictures by lizziehajiz(f): 9:23pm On Jun 22, 2013
yoruba oni baje ooo. O baje ti
Re: A Short History Of Yorubaland With Pictures by DuduNegro: 9:24pm On Jun 22, 2013
Articles of Altar - Shango

Re: A Short History Of Yorubaland With Pictures by DuduNegro: 9:27pm On Jun 22, 2013
The Myth of Creation
Ogboni

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (24) (Reply)

Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife / Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! / 55 Different Yoruba Hairstyles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.