Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,019 members, 7,814,488 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. (22148 Views)

Photos Of Ongoing Anambra Flyover Bridge / Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures / Jonathan Commissions The Flyover Bridge At Kundila Roundabout, Kano - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by Nobody: 1:43pm On Mar 28, 2013
Bontee: Why should a state government be praised for building a flyover bridge?
It is not wrong to commend someone who is doing a good job. By commending such persons, you'r indirectly encouraging them to do more.

Meanwhile, I dont have information about happenings in Oyo state so as to determine whether or not to commend the govt. If the govt is constructing the flyover bridge alongside many other projects, then kudos to the governor and ACN. Otherwise, no commendation.

1 Like

Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by wellmax(m): 1:50pm On Mar 28, 2013
Eko Atlantic:
@thread, I don't think Ibadan needs flyover anymore, those constructed in the years of it reign as the capital of the old western region is enough. Not less than five flyovers are at the entrance of Ibadan to Iwo road alone. There are other important sectors that needs attention.
Flyovers are what Osun and Ekiti should be executing as projects and not a state Like Oyo

Oyo oni baje ooo. grin

Its not the number of flyovers that is is important, but the usefulness and benefit to the people. The ones you see on the express won't serve the main town.
This is a right move by the Govt of Oyo state. Mokola junction has always been motorists nightmare. This bridge will go a long way to ease traffic problems on that axis.

3 Likes

Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by Drdreluv: 1:51pm On Mar 28, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

While some shoeless fisherman a.s.s lickers boasts of their best governor for constructing three flyovers in 6years in the oil richest state of the federation.

@thread, I don't think Ibadan needs flyover anymore, those constructed in the years of it reign as the capital of the old western region is enough. Not less than five flyovers are at the entrance of Ibadan to Iwo road alone. There are other important sectors that needs attention.
Flyovers are what Osun and Ekiti should be executing as projects and not a state Like Oyo

Oyo oni baje ooo. grin
........speaking from your anus shut up
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by maigemuu: 1:54pm On Mar 28, 2013
Menn!

Gov Ajimobi don fall my hand.

wetin i dey see for the pix na CHINA CIVIL ENGINEERING CONSTRUCTION COMPANY...

The GOVERNOR suppos no say CHINCO products no dey last!!!

wel sha...
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by AZeD1(m): 1:55pm On Mar 28, 2013
On a side note i'm happy this thread has not turned into a us versus them competition. If Nigeria gets better we all enjoy it. It doesn't matter whether you support GEJ or APC or are just a general pessimist.

Nice one by the governor but i think we can only really celebrate this if it was done at a moderate cost. No point celebrating a bridge when "people" loot more than the actual cost all in the name of development. So until we know the true cost,ride on mr Governor.
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by Nobody: 2:00pm On Mar 28, 2013
As at now that bridge has been painted with white and black colors, your post isn't up to date
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by collins123(m): 2:03pm On Mar 28, 2013
blackchukky: As at now that bridge has been painted with white and black colors, your post isn't up to date

Why u no carry your Torchlight camera go there, come update for here?
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by ekoilee: 2:28pm On Mar 28, 2013
Dede1: It appears overhead bridges are in vogue and celebrated in Yoruba land. I guess prudence with public fund had gone to the winds. It smells like ACN Owambe.

When was the last time any good news came out of your peppesoup villages apart from killings, kidnappings and bodies floating in rivers?

abeg STFU old man..

7 Likes

Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by Bec(f): 2:39pm On Mar 28, 2013
K'Oluwa se o ni 'bukun, fun onile atalejo. I rep Oluyole
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by deols(f): 2:46pm On Mar 28, 2013
Good to see this.
At this rate, Ajimobi may just break d jinx of no second term in OYo state.

I was in Ibadan early 2012 and d work being done was everywhere. The new bodija area, total garden, etc were being worked on. In fact, the criticism then was that he was doing 'too much' at the same time because of the inconvenience posed by 'all roads being under construction'.

Hopefully, he's looking into education and other sectors as well.

2 Likes

Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by orlabass(m): 2:50pm On Mar 28, 2013
Nice one...good work..don't forget challenge ooooo....
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by Bontee: 2:59pm On Mar 28, 2013
Gbawe.:

Even in the West, urban development is discussed and appreciated by end users. Nothing at all wrong with that.

True but is this how urban development is discussed in sites like skyscrapercity or what is the use of creating threads for each project and in the same thread abuse other governors or the president. We have all been on nairaland for a while and clearly know that most threads created here are for propaganda purposes.

Sincere 9gerian:
It is not wrong to commend someone who is doing a good job. By commending such persons, you'r indirectly encouraging them to do more.
Meanwhile, I dont have information about happenings in Oyo state so as to determine whether or not to commend the govt. If the govt is constructing the flyover bridge alongside many other projects, then kudos to the governor and ACN. Otherwise, no commendation.

Why would you encourage a state governor to do more? if he is tired of doing it then he should leave the post for others to come in and play their part.
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by Bontee: 3:04pm On Mar 28, 2013
I think the administrators should create a thread where all the development pictures across the nation can be deposited and discussed. We don't need all this dickk measuring contest going on at a time when we should be putting our heads together to discuss more important issues.
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by GboyegaD(m): 3:13pm On Mar 28, 2013
Desola: Now, this is what I see as massive construction.

Do you truly mean this
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by alaoeri: 3:44pm On Mar 28, 2013
This 'll give some ppl headache, SW is moving other regions are crawling that's why they are beefing.
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Mar 28, 2013
I don't know how proper this particular project is, but I know Oyo state govt is building a 5 star hotel very close to premier hotel.

Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by Gbawe2: 3:46pm On Mar 28, 2013
Bontee:

True but is this how urban development is discussed in sites like skyscrapercity or what is the use of creating threads for each project and in the same thread abuse other governors or the president. We have all been on nairaland for a while and clearly know that most threads created here are for propaganda purposes.

Why would you encourage a state governor to do more? if he is tired of doing it then he should leave the post for others to come in and play their part.

That is partisanship you identify and not propaganda. Yes perhaps you are correct we see too much of it but you cannot remove partisanship from a political forum because politics itself, at the core, is partisan. Personally, I don't mind folks being partisan as long as they are not lying to suit their bias.
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by hardeyincah(m): 3:51pm On Mar 28, 2013
Hmmmm, I pity ibadan... This bridge with tiny tiny pillar... I JƱڪτ̲̅ pray it doesn't collapse after Four months ☺f̶̲̥̅̊ commissioning... Good effort, bad contractors...
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by Okijajuju1(m): 3:53pm On Mar 28, 2013
NOTICE..

I am on a road trip from PH - Ogbomosho tomorrow..

I seriously want to know the names of all the classy hotels, Night Clubs and bars, and any fun places (like Zoos, Museums & tourist attractions) within Ogbomosho.

Information on best route (from Benin), journey time (from Benin), Notorious NURTW hideouts, Omo nile zones, e.t.c will be appreciated.

As usual, I have my Cameras stacked and prepped.. Expect my new thread "OKIJA visits Bluetooth & Dayokanus Home town" next week grin

Have a hapy Easter y`all.. grin

1 Like

Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by oyeladeomoniyi: 3:58pm On Mar 28, 2013
Kudos
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 28, 2013
There are lots of beautification projects going on as well.
You can check the state's website for more pics.

Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by oyeladeomoniyi: 4:03pm On Mar 28, 2013
from benin go 2ru Agbanikaka is a straight road to Owo - Akure - Ilesha - Osogbo wen u get to Osogbo go 2ru Okefia - Ilobu Road - Ejigbo link road to Iresha Adu -Iresha Apa den to your Destination ogbomosho Ibi ti won ti n jeka kin won to fi eko yangan leee.
safe trip

Have a hapy Easter y`all..
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by Gbawe2: 4:04pm On Mar 28, 2013
django1: There are lots of beautification projects going on as well.
You can check the state's website for more pics.

You are right. Information there also about current and planned projects.
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by engrhorla(m): 4:19pm On Mar 28, 2013
Akin-David:
What's the cost?
Seriously,I would av luvd 2 tell yu,but i dnt want 2 tel u 1 tin & my OATT wil tel u anoda. Abeg no vex o,na Passion wk we dey.

1 Like

Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by Olaone1: 8:02pm On Mar 28, 2013
At about 3 billion, Ajimobi is hiding something. Amosun spent 2 billion on a similar bridge.

Also, a one-span bridge at Secretariat gulped 485 million shocked shocked

We are watching him. And, we are getting ready for him.
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by Olaone1: 8:11pm On Mar 28, 2013
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by emiye(m): 8:12pm On Mar 28, 2013
Ola one: At about 3 billion, Ajimobi is hiding something. Amosun spent 2 billion and his was even longer.

Also, a one-span bridge at Secretariat gulped 485 million shocked shocked

We are watching him. And, we are getting ready for him.

You are a liar, Ogun state is over 400 metres, while that of Oyo state is over 600 metres. you will do well to keep quiet.

@ OP, you have done well,but that pix should be like a month old, work has progessed farther than that. I hope to post a recent pix.
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by Olaone1: 8:17pm On Mar 28, 2013
emiye:

You are a liar, Ogun state is over 400 metres, while that of Oyo state is over 600 metres. you will do well to keep quiet.

@ OP, you have done well,but that pix should be like a month old, work has progessed farther than that. I hope to post a recent pix.
Because his government said this? It's called spinning.

I want to know more about Pro Deal. We need to know his relationship with this company.
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by Olaone1: 8:23pm On Mar 28, 2013
But I don’t see the difference between the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governors and the so-called progressive governors. You can ask question how much is the kilometers of road awarded as contract in Oyo State and who is doing the road.

https://www.nairaland.com/1230600/bakare-speaks-apc-merger-party
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by emiye(m): 8:24pm On Mar 28, 2013
Ola one:

I want to know more about Pro Deal.
I dont get what you mean?

you want to know what more?, infact the news report link, you hurriedly provided has the information on the two bridges in Ogun state and Oyo state constructed by the same firm (the lengths ).

I guess your real problem is you are mentally lazy to read it, your analytical mind is dead.

You are carried away more with emotions, and beer parlour rumour and gist does it for you.
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by Olaone1: 8:27pm On Mar 28, 2013
emiye: I dont get what you mean?

you want to know what more?, infact the news report link, you hurriedly provided has the information on the two bridges in Ogun state and Oyo state constructed by the same firm (the lengths ).

I guess your real problem is you are mentally lazy to read it, your analytical mind is dead.

You are carried away more with emotions, and beer parlour rumour and gist does it for you.
I will let this one go. Return with more invective and you will hate yourself, numpty!
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by emiye(m): 8:27pm On Mar 28, 2013
Ola one:
Because his government said this? It's called spinning.

I want to know more about Pro Deal. We need to know his relationship with this company.

I have seen the two bridges personally, the one in Abeokuta and Ibadan, such amount of difference is evident to the eyes, so what are you crying about?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Recent Activities Of The Bring Back Our Girls Group / Crude Oil Hits $50 Per Barrel. Nigeria not Benefitting / Ochereome Nnanna Vows Not To Resign As Vanguard Editorial Board Over Bigotry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.