Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. (22145 Views)

Photos Of Ongoing Anambra Flyover Bridge / Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures / Jonathan Commissions The Flyover Bridge At Kundila Roundabout, Kano - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by Pukkah: 10:48am On Mar 29, 2013
django1:

So who's the opposition they will vote? Akala's PDP?

Even if they vote ladoja, do you think he'll soft pedal on the current urban renewal?

Ladoja has had the opportunity. What were his achievements as the governor in Oyo state?
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by emiye(m): 12:10pm On Mar 29, 2013
KnowAll: [size=14pt]You must give it to the Ibadan's they are the most democratic animals in Nigeria, even the illetrate "eleran" (meat seller) knows his political onions. Anytime I am around Ibadan, I see die hard illetrate PDP Stalwarts telling me that the " Governor is a one term Governor" so don't bet on it that Ajimobi is coming back. Not with the allegation his wife was caught with thousands of pounds by British Authorities for money laundering.[/size]

If he is not voted back,will heaven fall? He has a 4 year mandate at the moment, he has spent 1year and 10 months from that, everything should not be politics, governance is paramount.

BTW, i am not God ooo, but when i look at my own crystal ball, he will be voted back, (1)all those "meat sellers" you met never voted for him in 2011 in the first place,
(2) he has power of incumbency now, controlling the LG structures (

3)the opposition is also polarised strongly along accord party and PDP

(4) The fruit of his works will also mature more by the end of this year and early next year.

(5) The undecided and individuals with no party affiliation like us will vote for him, and you will be surprised the undecided electorates are in the majority.

All those "Adedibu" political clientelesm days are over, jinx are meant to be broken, it would be broken in 2015 in Oyo state, the same thing was said in Ondo state, did Mimiko not break the jinx of one term governor?
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by omonnakoda: 12:52pm On Mar 29, 2013
ABIA STATE PROJECT INSPECTION TOUR

Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by MT: 3:34pm On Mar 29, 2013
In a saner environment, we would be asking how much has been expended on that flyover. Sometimes, people forget these governors are just administrators of our commonwealth. If we want to rate his performance, we should judge against what he promised in his manifesto, and not start singing praises due to the construction of a flyover!!!

1 Like

Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by koruji(m): 3:37pm On Mar 29, 2013
This is the crux of the matter. Until we start building our own stuff through development would continue to elude us.

shine12: Very Nice!!.

we need to build our own bridges( I guess there are Civil and Structural Engineering graduates in Nigeria) The government too should set up a state owned civil engineerign company that builds all these infrastructures, The chinese are making a fortune from these projects. Check the extract from their website below:

[b]In recent years, CCECC has achieved rapid development, undertaking and executing numerous significant projects ranging from railway, light rail, expressway to bridges, buildings, and municipal works. CCECC has successfully signed the contracts for many large-scale projects in the past three years, such as Nigeria Railway Modernization Project (Abuja-Kaduna Section) (contract value:850 million USD) in 2010; Ethiopia Mieso-Dawanle-Djibouti Port Railways Project (contract value: 1.98 billion USD) and Chad Railway Network EPC Project (contract value: 5.631 billion USD) in 2011; Nigeria Railway Modernization Project (Lagos-Ibadan Section) (contract value:1.487 billion USD), Nigeria Badagery Express Road Project (contract value:941 million USD) and Niger Railway Project (contract value:998 million USD) in 2012. The number of CCECC’s projects in hand amounted to 242 with a total contract value of 19.2 billion USD by the end of 2012, which in turn guarantees CCECC for its sustainable business development and ever growing strength for project contracting.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by anonimi: 3:54pm On Mar 29, 2013
MT: In a saner environment, we would be asking how much has been expended on that flyover. Sometimes, people forget these governors are just administrators of our commonwealth. If we want to rate his performance, we should judge against what he promised in his manifesto, and not start singing praises due to the construction of a flyover!!!

Good to see that there are other people who see beyond the yoyo media-friendly cheap & cheerful project to hood wink the populace from focusing on the hardcore issues of SUSTAINABLE development.

1 Like

Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by player007(m): 3:56pm On Mar 29, 2013
Personaly.......i see no reason why that Bridge should be there because now the roads besides the bridge are now conpacted.
I passed there some weeks ago and i wasn't impressed.

Now our famous Roundaboutless roundabout is gone!!

1 Like

Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by emiye(m): 4:38pm On Mar 29, 2013
MT: In a saner environment, we would be asking how much has been expended on that flyover. Sometimes, people forget these governors are just administrators of our commonwealth. If we want to rate his performance, we should judge against what he promised in his manifesto, and not start singing praises due to the construction of a flyover!!!
The cost is in public space, so what is your point? Are you a quantity surveyor or builder ?,

Yes, development like this is part of what he promised in his "manifesto". LOBATAN !

You people preach and form sincerity, but it is all hogwash
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by emiye(m): 4:43pm On Mar 29, 2013
player_007: Personaly.......i see no reason why that Bridge should be there because now the roads besides the bridge are now conpacted.
I passed there some weeks ago and i wasn't impressed.

Now our famous Roundaboutless roundabout is gone!!

Change is constant, embrace it. Your famous Roundaboutless roundabout must go for the bridge. Development means positive change.

You mean the road besides the brigde are compacted, if i get you correctly? Are you sure you are making sense to yourself?
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by oyolander(m): 4:47pm On Mar 29, 2013
Okija_juju:

All the bridges constructed by Bulletine (an indigenous) construction company have started collapsing in Rivers State.. I will rather give the jobs to Julius Berger and have it last 20years than an indigenous company and have it fall after 10 years.. Penny wise, pound .......

Bulletine is not an indigenous company...it is either isreali or lebanesse
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by Tidyman: 4:52pm On Mar 29, 2013
Our indegenous construction companies should emulate their foreign conterparts if they want take part in the construction industry in Nig
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by MT: 5:21pm On Mar 29, 2013
emiye:
The cost is in public space, so what is your point? Are you a quantity surveyor or builder ?,

Yes, development like this is part of what he promised in his "manifesto". LOBATAN !

You people preach and form sincerity, but it is all hogwash

When you say public space, please can you point me to where that is?. Do I have to be a builder before I can demand to know how much was expended on the flyover built for the public ?. I listened to Ajimobi's manifesto and I knew what he promised which made me to cast my vote for him and I know what is happening now. Was it not this same Ajimobi that went to erect tents and organised party to open the so called "restoration bridge" along bodija axis?. Our sensibilities have been insulted enough.

1 Like

Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by Nobody: 5:28pm On Mar 29, 2013
The best thing a governor can do in Nigeria is to not do anything. People won't have cause to be asking you how much it cost to do what you do.

When previous administration did nothing, nobody asked any silly question of "okay, you've built a bridge, how much was it?"
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by MT: 5:41pm On Mar 29, 2013
@django1

You are the "silly" one here. I can now see the people deserve their leaders. Your words lack logic. Stop disgracing yourself.

1 Like

Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by ekoilee: 5:50pm On Mar 29, 2013
MT:

When you say public space, please can you point me to where that is?. Do I have to be a builder before I can demand to know how much was expended on the flyover built for the public ?. I listened to Ajimobi's manifesto and I knew what he promised which made me to cast my vote for him and I know what is happening now. Was it not this same Ajimobi that went to erect tents and organised party to open the so called "restoration bridge" along bodija axis?. Our sensibilities have been insulted enough.

If you have any grudge with Ajimobi because he spent the state's money to build public infrastructure and better the lives of the people of his state, wait till the next election and re install the clowns before him that did nothing for 8 years.

Furthermore, all this useless rubbish about cost is really silly because if you are really concerned about cost which is your right, common sense should tell you that NL is not the state's budget office, it's not the state's finance ministry, it's not the governor's office. There is something called the FOI so send your request to the state for any info on the project.

It's even a shame that at this point you don't have this info. It's either you are too lazy to look around the internet for it or you are really not concerned and this is just you running your mouth for nothing because the cost is not a secrete, it's N2.5 billion and this info is all over the place, even your PDP friends have this figure.

1 Like

Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by ekoilee: 5:57pm On Mar 29, 2013
MT: @django1

You are the "silly" one here. I can now see the people deserve their leaders. Your words lack logic. Stop disgracing yourself.

And what do you deserve? The likes of Akala and the do nothing corrupt and incompetent jokers that we still can not see what they did with 8 years in office and 8 years of taxes and allocations including borrowings?

We know people like you, nothing and incompetence makes you happy and progress makes you unhappy.
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by MT: 6:03pm On Mar 29, 2013
eko ilee:

If you have any grudge with Ajimobi because he spent the state's money to build public infrastructure and better the lives of the people of his state, wait till the next election and and re install the clowns before him that did nothing for 8 years.

Furthermore, all this useless rubbish about cost is really silly because if you are really concerned about cost which is your right, common sense should tell you that NL is not the state's budget office, it's not the state's finance ministry, it's not the governor's office. There is something called the FOI so send your request to the state for any info on the project.

It's even a shame that at this point you don't have this info. It's either you are too lazy to look around the internet for it or you are really not concerned and this is just you running your mouth for nothing because the cost is not a secrete, it's N2.5 billion and this info is all over the place, even your PDP friends have this figure.

Eko ile, you are very stupid for your comment. Were you not alive when Ajimobi's wife and the speaker took the wives of the legislators to London for one hell of a training and they misused government fund ?. One lawyer from splash FM oyo state demanded to see the govt statement of account using the FOI as a tool. What did he get in return?. They replied back that Oyo state has yet to "domesticate" the FOI, claiming that its not yet effective in Oyo state. It is a subject of litigation now. You can see you are not even aware of the happenings around you.

Look through my previous posts, I criticised Akala (PDP) when he was in power. I don't care who is in power in as much as we have proper governance. It is people like you who will die over party affliation, even if the citizens are being misgoverned.

1 Like

Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by ekoilee: 6:07pm On Mar 29, 2013
MT:
[s]
Eko ile, you are very stupid for your comment. Were you not alive when Ajimobi's wife and the speaker took the wives of the legislators to London for one hell of a training and they misused government fund ?. One lawyer from splash FM oyo state demanded to see the govt statement of account using the FOI as a tool. What did he get in return?. They replied back that Oyo state has yet to "domesticate" the FOI, claiming that its not yet effective in Oyo state. It is a subject of litigation now. You can see you are not even aware of the happenings around you.

Look through my previous posts, I criticised Akala (PDP) when he was in power. I don't care who is in power in as much as we have proper governance. It is people like yoy who will die over party affliation, even if the people are being misgoverned.[/s]

Keep quiet with all your rubbish..

If you have any grudge with Ajimobi because he spent the state's money to build public infrastructure and better the lives of the people of his state, wait till the next election and re install the clowns before him that did nothing for 8 years.

The above is your only choice so exercise your rights. Do that or shut your mouth.
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by MT: 6:11pm On Mar 29, 2013
@ eko ile

That's an indirect way of accepting your gullibility. When next you want to come to political arena, you need to know your onions, instead of ranting.

I don't join issues with people that are shallow-minded.

1 Like

Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by ekoilee: 6:20pm On Mar 29, 2013
MT: [s]@ eko ile

That's an indirect way of accepting your gullibility. When next you want to come to political arena, you need to know your onions, instead of ranting.

I don't join issues with people that are shallow-minded.[/s]

Coming from a shallow, lazy and incompetent dullard like you begging for project cost info on the internet when in fact it's all over the same internet. How dumb and lazy can you be?

What is your onion? Political ignorance and stupidity? The most important tool in politics is your votes
so like I said, instead of spewing ignorant rubbish on the Internet and exposing your idiotic understanding of politics, sit your asss somewhere till the next election and exercise your rights.

Please STFU..
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by MT: 6:27pm On Mar 29, 2013
Eko ile or whatever you call yourself, you are just plain foolish. In your previous post, you referred me to FOI, which I ended up schooling you on. Now, you are asking me to be googling internet for information that relates to government. I said it, you are silly . Government suppose to have a proper portal where information can be easily accessed, so that if it becomes a litigation, your souce of information can be tenable.

I can see you lack the mental capabilities for intellectual discourse. Good riddance to bad rubbish (eko ile).

1 Like

Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by ekoilee: 6:29pm On Mar 29, 2013
MT: [s]Eko ile or whatever you call yourself, you are just plain foolish. In your previous post, you referred me to FOI, which I ended up schooling you on. Now, you are asking me to be googling internet for information that relates to government. I said it, you are silly ?. Government suppose to have a proper portal where information can be easily accessed, so that if it becomes a litigation, your souce of information can be tenable.

I can see you lack the mental capabilities for intellectual discourse. Good riddance to bad rubbish (eko ile).[/s]

Coming from a shallow, lazy and incompetent dullard like you begging for project cost info on the internet when in fact it's all over the same internet. How dumb and lazy can you be?

What is your onion? Political ignorance and stupidity? The most important tool in politics is your votes
so like I said, instead of spewing ignorant rubbish on the Internet and exposing your idiotic understanding of politics, sit your asss somewhere till the next election and exercise your rights.

Please STFU..
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by MT: 6:34pm On Mar 29, 2013
Stop sounding like a broken record. --
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by Olaone1: 6:47pm On Mar 29, 2013
MT: Stop soundling like a broken record. By repeating what you have written earlier, without offering a new dimension to your argument, it shows you are simply unintelligent.

Too many babies on NL, Seun needs to do something about this. Eko ile, the i.diot, should be in chain.

Let it slide bro. Don't get worked up. This is Eko Ile for you. He's a paid agent. He's just doing his job. An attack dog cum spin doctor.

Ask him about Tom Ikimi and where/how Mr Ikimi got his political redemption.

1 Like

Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by ekoilee: 7:01pm On Mar 29, 2013
MT: S[s]top soundling like a broken record. By repeating what you have written earlier, without offering a new dimension to your argument, it shows you are simply unintelligent.

Too many babies on NL, Seun needs to do something about this. Eko ile, the i.diot, should be in chain.[/s]

Please STFU..
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by emiye(m): 8:02pm On Mar 29, 2013
MT:

So in this day and age, you still find it difficult to search for information ?

Even "google" can give you idea of what you are looking for.

Let me teach you as i taught my 6 year old niece to use google, type in "cost of mokola fly over bridge ibadan"

Was it not this same Ajimobi that went to erect tents and organised party to open the so called "restoration bridge" along bodija axis?

Your complaint quoted above do not sound intelligent, it sound like someone very bitter about a loss.

A bridge was commissioned and you sound this "angry"

was it the commissioning program that annoyed you ? You have to brace up, i have a feeling there would be more of such commissioning.
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by Gbawe: 8:12pm On Mar 29, 2013
django1: The best thing a governor can do in Nigeria is to not do anything. People won't have cause to be asking you how much it cost to do what you do.

When previous administration did nothing, nobody asked any silly question of "okay, you've built a bridge, how much was it?"

I just don't get some Nigerians. Is it that suffering has turned many into dark souls who are forever given to complaining and focusing on the negatives? Governors who are doing nothing right now are not being asked silly questions anyone can gain answers to if really interested.

These SW Governors are delivering some much needed infrastructural projects with some projects even being first of its kind yet there is never discussions on the benefits of these project. Instead, all we hear are bitter, disgruntled sound bites when zero motion, infrastructure-wise, was the case in the past.
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by Nobody: 10:37pm On Mar 29, 2013
Gbawe:

I just don't get some Nigerians. Is it that suffering has turned many into dark souls who are forever given to complaining and focusing on the negatives? Governors who are doing nothing right now are not being asked silly questions anyone can gain answers to if really interested.

These SW Governors are delivering some much needed infrastructural projects with some projects even being first of its kind yet there is never discussions on the benefits of these project. Instead, all we hear are bitter, disgruntled sound bites when zero motion, infrastructure-wise, was the case in the past.

Bro, I've decided to ignore those fools!

If anyone with half the grey matter of a monkey lived through the era of Akala and now Ajimobi, I think he would have noticed the difference. No need responding to these ones again.
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by olabukola: 1:05am On Mar 30, 2013
Gbawe:

Thats Nigerians for you. If this project is done by PDP gov ACN/APC supporters including you will still ask the same question.

2 Likes

Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by Nobody: 6:08am On Mar 30, 2013
olabukola: Thats Nigerians for you. If this project is done by PDP gov ACN/APC supporters including you will still ask the same question.

Can you point out just ONE laudable project under Akala or Ladoja please?
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by Olaone1: 8:16am On Mar 30, 2013
django1:

Can you point out just ONE laudable project under Akala or Ladoja please?

You are kidding, right?

Oke Ado to Ojoo road is not a laudable project? Has Ajimobi done anything better?

2 Likes

Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by anonimi: 12:26pm On Mar 30, 2013
Gbawe:

I just don't get some Nigerians. Is it that suffering has turned many into dark souls who are forever given to complaining and focusing on the negatives?

Does the bold portion not describe you and the other ACN propaganda lap-dogs who "are forever to complaining and focusing on the negatives of the GEJ administration.
What is good for the goose is no longer good for the gander
[size=14pt]Bunch of shameless HYPOCRITES playing the bully card, are you?[/size]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Orders Speedy Completion Of N40bn, 8-lane Ph-aba Highway / Burial Photos Of Veronica, Abba Moro's Wife / Michael Adesina Adeyemo's Burial Pics: Ajimobi, Alao-Akala, Oyo Lawmakers Attend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.